• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Roccat Suora FX Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
The Suora FX is Roccat's answer to those who said their Ryos series was too big and "gamery". It features a minimal bezel, metal housing, new TTC mechanical switches, and full 16.8M RGB backlighting. Roccat has also added in support with their software driver Swarm and is aiming to take on the larger gaming keyboard brands with it.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there keyboard that doesnt have "average at best" keycaps? :D My old 7G felt a bit better than rest, but mostly its just a meh.. if someone wants really nice keycaps, there is usually no other option than simply buy them yourself.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Is there keyboard that doesnt have "average at best" keycaps? :D My old 7G felt a bit better than rest, but mostly its just a meh.. if someone wants really nice keycaps, there is usually no other option than simply buy them yourself.

Of the ones I covered here, the MK Fission has seamless doubleshot ABS, the Tesoro Gram Spectrum has low profile doubleshot ABS, the Vortex CORE has dye sublimated PBT, the ErgoDox EZ has doubleshot ABS, and the upcoming iKBC F87 RGB has doubleshot PBT.

Give me keycaps that look new-ish 2-3 months of heavy use in and I will be content :)

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
Deck Hassium already has doubleshot PBT, as well.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Deck Hassium already has doubleshot PBT, as well.

I haven't covered it though, the list above was purely from public experience. I do hear good things about Deck.

Processor R7 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI x570 Tomahawk
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Edge,EK QS P420M,EK D5pwm Revo Res
Memory 32gb Corsair Vengeance RT 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) Zotac 3070ti Amp Extreme
Storage Samsung 980pro 1tb x2
Display(s) MSI MPG321QRF QD
Case Corsair 7000D
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse G900
Keyboard Corsair k60 RGB PRO
Software Win 11
I just got one of these as my Logitech G610 had developed some weird lag issues and the store didnt have any more left in stock

Only had it a few hours but i prefer the feel to the logitech already, despite that having Cherry brown switches (this is TTL browns)

The only negative so far is i have a Logitech mouse, so it was nice just having the 1 software package installed

As an added bonus the store had put these out with the price card for the non-rgb variant, but honoured the price shown (£65) so i got £10 back exchanging the logitech

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I just got one of these as my Logitech G610 had developed some weird lag issues and the store didnt have any more left in stock

Only had it a few hours but i prefer the feel to the logitech already, despite that having Cherry brown switches (this is TTL browns)

The only negative so far is i have a Logitech mouse, so it was nice just having the 1 software package installed

As an added bonus the store had put these out with the price card for the non-rgb variant, but honoured the price shown (£65) so i got £10 back exchanging the logitech

How do you feel about the software driver so far?

Processor R7 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI x570 Tomahawk
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Edge,EK QS P420M,EK D5pwm Revo Res
Memory 32gb Corsair Vengeance RT 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) Zotac 3070ti Amp Extreme
Storage Samsung 980pro 1tb x2
Display(s) MSI MPG321QRF QD
Case Corsair 7000D
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse G900
Keyboard Corsair k60 RGB PRO
Software Win 11
They seem to have fixed the install issues you had in the review, it installed and added the keyboard specific part without any issues

It looks ok so far, i have opened it on a 4k desktop and 1080p and it has resized appropriately each time (which Logitech LGS STILL cant do right) and seems to have decent control of the lighting

Im not interested in any of the effects and cycles these thing seem to always have, but do like the idea of setting wasd, grenade/crouch/knife etc to different colours for fps games etc, it looks like i can set multiple profiles for different games, so covers pretty much anything i will want to do with it.

Just going to add an extra line to this post to test the sound effects... i did laugh, and made it as far as the word post before switching it off forever :)

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
They seem to have fixed the install issues you had in the review, it installed and added the keyboard specific part without any issues

It looks ok so far, i have opened it on a 4k desktop and 1080p and it has resized appropriately each time (which Logitech LGS STILL cant do right) and seems to have decent control of the lighting

Im not interested in any of the effects and cycles these thing seem to always have, but do like the idea of setting wasd, grenade/crouch/knife etc to different colours for fps games etc, it looks like i can set multiple profiles for different games, so covers pretty much anything i will want to do with it.

Just going to add an extra line to this post to test the sound effects... i did laugh, and made it as far as the word post before switching it off forever :)

Oh good! I have another Roccat keyboard here to be tested soon, so it will be nice to see the updated driver. Glad you are having a positive experience with this.