• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

More CPU reviews?

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
When it comes to specific products I am aware the OEM dictates a lot of it. I was victim to a few "Sorry we don't have enough"'s when I did reviews.

But is it simply the OEM in TPUs case? I don't see many reviews on CPU's or motherboards and I would really like too.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
We don't have a dedicated CPU reviewer AFIAK; it's me and W1zz, when they give us samples.

As to boards, I only get sent certain ones and I've been a bit behind, but there are a couple already waiting to make the front page and more coming. ( I have about 6 Z270 boards left now, one AM4)

If you want specific things reviewed, it's best to just send a PM and ask; we may already have something in the works, or maybe we can arrange it, but otherwise, yeah, left to the whims of the OEMs.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
We don't have a dedicated CPU reviewer AFIAK; it's me and W1zz, when they give us samples.

As to boards, I only get sent certain ones and I've been a bit behind, but there are a couple already waiting to make the front page and more coming.

If you want specific things reviewed, it's best to just send a PM and ask; we may already have something in the works, or maybe we can arrange it, but otherwise, yeah, left to the whims of the OEMs.

I figured as much, Like I said I was played the same. Its good to know there are things in the works. I wish it was a bit more regular but als thats the way the wind blows.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I figured as much, Like I said I was played the same. Its good to know there are things in the works. I wish it was a bit more regular but als thats the way the wind blows.
Meh. I mean, only ASRock sent me AM4 boards. I had to borrow other boards to get a feel for the platform fully, and I won't review stuff I get myself when I got stuff from the OEMs to do. If I had nothing left to do, then OK...

I've been a bit slow lately; life and such, but I've still managed to pump out a review a week or more; like 10 in the last 2 months. Dealt with PSUs dying, coolers taking a dump, and I'm moving (have been all month, Wednesday will be the final day of moving, then gotta spend a few days cleaning the old place), but I do also have memory reviews to do too. I handed off the mini PC and such to Crazyeyesreaper to go with his laptops, too, just to lighten my load. :p