• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RGB Strip Light Placement

nhoughton

System Name Core P5
Processor Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus Vii Ranger
Cooling Custom Water Cooled (Phanteks GPU/CPU Blocks and Fittings) EK XE 480 Radiator, EK D5 PWM Pump/Res
Memory 4x4GB Corsair Vengance 1866mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti Gaming OC
Storage Samsung 850 Evo 250GB (OS) - Samsung 850 Pro 512GB x2 Raid 0 (Games)
Display(s) Asus PB287Q 4K
Case Thermaltake Core P5
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Gold 1000Watt
Hi All,

So I've recently got SP120 RGB's and the Lighting Node Pro. Just trying to add a bit more light to my setup.

I've got a Core P5 so my question is what do you guys do for light strip placement and what would everyones thoughts be to packing a strip around the outside of the CPU Block.

Obviously I'm not going to cram the strip up near the VRM and cause more heat (Never really had any VRM issues though)

Let me know thoughts. I'm thinking Strip on Rad. Strip around CPU Block, strip behind GPU Block and then a stip underneath/above the PSU.

Thanks

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration

nhoughton

System Name Core P5
Cooling Custom Water Cooled (Phanteks GPU/CPU Blocks and Fittings) EK XE 480 Radiator, EK D5 PWM Pump/Res
Case Thermaltake Core P5
Welcome to TPU

I think it looks superb exactly how it is now
Well Thankyou very Much, I've been on TPU daily but never been able to access one of my old accounts on here :( Reset password email never comes through created a new account.

I would leave it as it is but.... Theres a strip light on the left hand side that just hangs down! Want this build looking as tidy as humanly possible, I will post more pictures later once I've had a bit more time with it. Didn't get finished until 1PM last night.

Redid some of the bends as I wasn't 100% happy with them, still not but until I get some 90 degree joins theres not a lot I can do! Also changed Coolant, fans added a few bits and cleaned the nasty residue the Pastel Mayhems had left (Was only running it for about 2-3 Months with Pastel but I could see the particles dropping out and clogging the channels in the blocks.

But thank you for your comment appreciate it!

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Dont bother with RGB... However if you have to have an LED strip have a white LED strip right on the edge of the PCI platform If theres space to offset the amount of blue and add a nice little artistic element to your build. It doesnt matter if the strip is facing horizontal or vertical so long as its hidden away between the graphics card and the edge of the chassis.

It will defuse the blue rather nicely.

nhoughton

System Name Core P5
Case Thermaltake Core P5
Dont bother with RGB... However if you have to have an LED strip have a white LED strip right on the edge of the PCI platform If theres space to offset the amount of blue and add a nice little artistic element to your build. It doesnt matter if the strip is facing horizontal or vertical so long as its hidden away between the graphics card and the edge of the chassis.

It will defuse the blue rather nicely.

Thanks for your advice, Although seems a bit pointless to not bother with RGB considering I've literally just spent £100+ on RGB Lighting and the SP120 RGB's so yeah seems a bit pointless for me to just drop RGB, waste of money... I'll see what the white looks like though and have now slightly changed the positioning of the strips and have all 4 in where in this picture I've only got 2. I've got one on the Rad where you can see. One nicely tucked around the outside of the cpu block, one behind the gpu block and another underneath the GPU pointing down at the psu to give it a real nice effect.

nhoughton

System Name Core P5
Case Thermaltake Core P5
Just thought I'd update the post. I finally finished and am happy with the RGB placement and the cable management. Let me know your thoughts!