• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

nicehash has been down all day..

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
We told you not to use minergate. Place is a scam

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..

the day i blindly follow advice given to me on the internet is yet to come.. he he

more so when its given to me by someone claiming to be a "we" ..

trog

minergate .. i am still trying to work it out.. its mined me about $240 dollars or so while i have been trying it.. but the payouts are all over the place.. it would be very easy for them to skim..

as for nicehash

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/12...s-cto-of-hacked-bitcoin-mining-firm-nicehash/

if they do come back on line i might still go back to using them i dont know..

trog

Last edited:
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
I too have now ditched minergate , total balls imho they couldn't get more then 9mh/s out of my vega on eth , nano pools got it running at it's usual 42mh/s .

minergate still only picks xrm and thats for rx4/580s ,gtx1060s or vega , nonsense and another lesson learned plus xdn and fantomcoin are ass pure ass again imho.

Oh i had an actual question sorry , with nanopools have you sussed an easy way to monitor just your own rigs or output?

And in gen is Eth the best payer or should I make an electroneum wallet now too, so many wallets now the pwords are hell on some.

I don't think this should be of any importance. Actually, it's rather reassuring. This means there is someone at Nicehash with very decent knowledge of IT security. :)

Some corporate info for those interested:
Nicehash is a limited liability company with somehow unimpressive capital: 500k EUR.

Clearly, Matjaž Škorjanc is the actual head of the company. He controls 55% through his father.
Marko Kobal, CEO, has 45%.
The bad news, IMO, is that actually it is not owned by Škorjanc or Kobal. It's owned by 2 companies that belong to those individuals. And the capital for both of these companies is just 7500 EUR each.
And since Nicehash is not a financial company, but an IT one, they are basically free of any liability. :)

Matjaž Škorjanc is totally out of spotlight. No one noticed he is involved in one of the best known cryptocurrency mining companies... Škorjanc is not visible in Slovenian company register, he doesn't have a linkedin account etc.

System Name money pit..
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
I too have now ditched minergate , total balls imho they couldn't get more then 9mh/s out of my vega on eth , nano pools got it running at it's usual 42mh/s .

minergate still only picks xrm and thats for rx4/580s ,gtx1060s or vega , nonsense and another lesson learned plus xdn and fantomcoin are ass pure ass again imho.

Oh i had an actual question sorry , with nanopools have you sussed an easy way to monitor just your own rigs or output?

And in gen is Eth the best payer or should I make an electroneum wallet now too, so many wallets now the pwords are hell on some.

i have just started up nanopool with claymore.. i have it running into an exodus desk top wallet which i have also just installed..

but so far havnt figured how to see what the f-ck its doing apart from the numbers screen.. this tells me its working and hash rates is as expected but thats about.. no nice gui interface.. :)

i am just waiting to see what appears in the exodus wallet.. nothing as yet cos it hasnt been running long enough..

trog

ps.. the exodus wallet seems okay..

ps.. 2 this might help.. when i switched my miner off its send me an email telling me with link to check its status.. the link is to some kind of simple gui front end..

my exodus wallet seems to work nicely i just tested with a minergate withdrawal.. now to give it a day and see what nanopool produces.. :)

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
I don't think this should be of any importance. Actually, it's rather reassuring. This means there is someone at Nicehash with very decent knowledge of IT security. :)

And a criminal background? That doesn't concern you at all?

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
i used minergate to get going quickly when nicehash went down.. i manually selected etherium and didnt smartmine..

the interface and the return seem okay the only problem being an attempt at a withdrawal is still sat on pending..

the eth network is overloaded with coinbase going down every so often and they stopped trading eth and litecoin yesterday so my withdrawal pending is probably connected with the general overload situation..

i assume "pending" means they havnt got around to doing it yet.. its logged in the withdrawal history.. just hasnt happened yet..

2017-12-09 20:24:27

0x882E65B9171f4A343ED0bA88d8F517da29D66205

pending

trog

ps.. i did have look at using nanopool but could not figure out to generate the bloody bat file.. i know how to make one just not sure what to put in it.. he he

maybe someone doing a tutorial might help..

okay i have figured out nanopool its now running on my desktop machine.. using the claymore miner.. mining etherium.. i think directly to my ledger blue hardware wallet.. if that is possible.. so far nothing is showing up.. maybe it takes time.. dunno

trog

minergate update.. at least they have answer my query.. i take this as a positive sign.. :)

Hello,

Thank you for your query.
Ethereum withdrawals are temporarily disabled due to a technical maintenance. We are walking extra miles to complete it at shortest delays.
Please accept our deep apologies for inconvenience caused.

Best
Inge Solberg
MinerGate Support team

trog
I still would not use mingergate. Something is very fishy about them in disabling Ethereum withdraws. I withdraw from ethermine, pool I use, just normally like nothing happened on the Ethereum network. I get coins dierctly into coinbase and I sell.
If they disabled withdrawing this long then something is not right.

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
I still would not use mingergate. Something is very fishy about them in disabling Ethereum withdraws. I withdraw from ethermine, pool I use, just normally like nothing happened on the Ethereum network. I get coins dierctly into coinbase and I sell.
If they disabled withdrawing this long then something is not right.

i agree something is not right.. i did make a withdrawal today.. the last two days mining.. less than 40 dollars.. way down on what it should be.. it was hitting 30 dollars per day.. something isnt right with minergate..

i am now using nanopool.. it works fine with a nice steady hash rate and consistent output.. so far i am getting 1.3 dollars per hour.. about 30 dollars per day.. i will know better tomorrow.. its set to payout automatically to my desk top wallet when it hits .2 eth..

but yep something isnt right with minergate..

trog

Last edited:
And a criminal background? That doesn't concern you at all?
Cryptos are not regulated. This is exactly what most crypto fans love about them.
But not being regulated also means that the head of a bitcoin exchange / pool could be a rapist, a killer or a convicted hacker. I assumed we all understood that.

You want people without a criminal record overseeing your money? Call an investment bank.
You think investment bankers are thieves, try crypto - it's your choice. But remember that you'll be surrounded by shady characters rejected by the regulated institutions.

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Cryptos are not regulated. This is exactly what most crypto fans love about them.
But not being regulated also means that the head of a bitcoin exchange / pool could be a rapist, a killer or a convicted hacker. I assumed we all understood that.

You want people without a criminal record overseeing your money? Call an investment bank.
You think investment bankers are thieves, try crypto - it's your choice. But remember that you'll be surrounded by shady characters rejected by the regulated institutions.

you are beginning to sound like a shill for officialdom notb.. :)

some criminals have a record most of them dont.. he he..

my thinking on nicehash is the owners were trying to run a relatively honest business but probably have some dodgy connections.. as the chinese say.. sleep with dogs catch fleas..

they say the nature of mankind is one of hunter gatherers.. i would translate that to natural born killers and opportunist thieves.. thievery and fraud is in our nature if we think we can get away with it.. this includes people in government and investment banks.. he he..

trog

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED

You're ignoring the point. It's still a bad sign.

Cryptos may not be regulated. Hiring is.

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
having used nanopool for just over 24 hours to mine eth its produced 30 dollars or .042 eth.. now i have found the gui front end that tells me everything that is going on i like it.. :)

trog

System Name Full LC'd Node 202 || Asus X202e
Processor i7-7700K || i3-2365M
Motherboard Asus Z270I || HM76 int.
Cooling Full Custom Loop|| Stock
Memory Hyper Fury DDR4 32GB || 4GB 1333
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 FE || HD3000
Storage 950 Pro M.2 +WD 2TB M.2 SSD || Sandisk 256 SSD
Display(s) Asus MG278Q
Case Fractal Node 202
Audio Device(s) OnBoard
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Logitech G502 ||Asus WT710
Keyboard Logitech G410 || Logitech K830
Software Windows 10 Pro
i have just started up nanopool with claymore.. i have it running into an exodus desk top wallet which i have also just installed..

but so far havnt figured how to see what the f-ck its doing apart from the numbers screen.. this tells me its working and hash rates is as expected but thats about.. no nice gui interface.. :)

i am just waiting to see what appears in the exodus wallet.. nothing as yet cos it hasnt been running long enough..

trog

ps.. the exodus wallet seems okay..

ps.. 2 this might help.. when i switched my miner off its send me an email telling me with link to check its status.. the link is to some kind of simple gui front end..

my exodus wallet seems to work nicely i just tested with a minergate withdrawal.. now to give it a day and see what nanopool produces.. :)

Your minimum payout is at 0.2ETH, still a while to go, GL

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Your minimum payout is at 0.2ETH, still a while to go, GL

you can change that.. 0.2 eth is just what it defaults to.. but now i have found the gui front end i dont need to wait.. its told be i am four days away from my first 0.2 payout which i assume it will do automatically to the desktop wallet i set up for it.. :)

trog

you are beginning to sound like a shill for officialdom notb.. :)
Maybe. I like it. I like regulation. And working in a highly regulated profession and industry, I can tell you regulation really works. :)
my thinking on nicehash is the owners were trying to run a relatively honest business but probably have some dodgy connections.. as the chinese say.. sleep with dogs catch fleas..
I think the company itself is pretty dodgy on its own. Just after they went down I wrote a post on the forum about where they're registered and how small the team most likely is. Lately I posted some details about shareholder structure and capital level.
And it's not like I have anything against small, efficient start-ups in Slovenia. It's just that users should be well informed about such aspects. And if you look at the page (available in web archives) it doesn't really say anything about the company. No location, no HR details, no info on registration. Nothing. Zero.
My plumber is more professional.
This used to be the "About us" page:
http://web.archive.org/web/20161202000816/https://www.nicehash.com/?p=contact
You're ignoring the point. It's still a bad sign.
It's a bad sign because? This guy is technically prepared for being a CTO of something we could call a cryptocurrency broker. So if this was regulated, he would most likely pass all requirements and tests.
As for his morality and lawfulness, there most likely are better candidates. But he wasn't hired for the job. He created this company, he owns it. And you are allowed to own a company even if you have a criminal record.
It's down to state agencies to inform citizens of possible risks.
Cryptos may not be regulated. Hiring is.
By regulating cryptos, I meant regulating the cryptocurrency market, not the object itself. Sorry.
Regulating the HR policy is also a part of regulation of a financial market. Actually, it is one of the more important aspects.

And as for nicehash: it's still down. While it's possible that they're working on reviving the service and returning money, it's also possible that they're recovering after plastic surgery in Cuba. :p

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
By regulating cryptos, I meant regulating the cryptocurrency market, not the object itself. Sorry.
Regulating the HR policy is also a part of regulation of a financial market. Actually, it is one of the more important aspects.

And that brings us back to the original question: Don't YOU find it concerning, notb?

You are correct crypto is unregulated. But that's irrelevant to my question. My point is: You would be a fool not to apply a little mental regulation of your own...

There is a reason groups like coinbase are well regarded, anf groups like nicehash considered somewhat fringe... take a guess what it may be.

System Name Full LC'd Node 202 || Asus X202e
Processor i7-7700K || i3-2365M
Motherboard Asus Z270I || HM76 int.
Cooling Full Custom Loop|| Stock
Memory Hyper Fury DDR4 32GB || 4GB 1333
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 FE || HD3000
Storage 950 Pro M.2 +WD 2TB M.2 SSD || Sandisk 256 SSD
Display(s) Asus MG278Q
Case Fractal Node 202
Audio Device(s) OnBoard
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Logitech G502 ||Asus WT710
Keyboard Logitech G410 || Logitech K830
Software Windows 10 Pro
you can change that.. 0.2 eth is just what it defaults to.. but now i have found the gui front end i dont need to wait.. its told be i am four days away from my first 0.2 payout which i assume it will do automatically to the desktop wallet i set up for it.. :)

trog
sweet! what desktop wallet do you use?

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
exodus.. just download and install.. it could not be easier.. pretty rare with this mining stuff.. he he

i read that you need a go between wallet between a hardware wallet and a mining pool but i dont think thats the case with nanopool paying out in .2 eth chunks .. but exodus seems a handy thing to have anyways..

trog

And that brings us back to the original question: Don't YOU find it concerning, notb?
And I give you the original answer (well, sort of). Nicehash was a dodgy company from the start. Nothing changed. And the fact that a criminal is their CTO doesn't change anything. It's simply coherent with the overall image and supports the opinion I had earlier.

And as I've said earlier, crypto at this point might be a perfect haven for people rejected by the regulated markets. We know about one guy, but I'm pretty sure it is full of shady characters.
There is a reason groups like coinbase are well regarded, anf groups like nicehash considered somewhat fringe... take a guess what it may be.
Here you're making a huge mistake. Coinbase is not some community or tiny, semi-anonymous company. It's already a giant. They have full corporate structure. They're legal, official, supported by mainstream companies and media.
At this point they haven't reached a level a real currency broker/exchange would, but they will if they want to. And looking at their current job offers, they are clearly going for that.

Compared to that Nicehash was a laugh from security and solvency stand point, but their service was very helpful for users and pretty much guaranteed above average profitability.
We all say that cryptocurrencies are risky, but do we all understand what that means? Risk is not just in the fluctuating price of goods we're betting on (aka market risk). There are other types of risk and they've all accumulated in this weird web service that really no one knew anything about.

System Name Box
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI Meg Ace Max 570S
Cooling Corsair h150i Elite Capellix 360 white
Memory 16 GB Teamforce DDR 4 4500 (2x8) CL18
Video Card(s) Aorus 1080ti
Storage NVMe: Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, WD_BLACK SN770 2TB, Crucial P5 Plus 2TB, spinners: 3TB, 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 1080p
Case Lian Li 011 Dynamic white - fans: 2x140mm, 7x120mm
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply EVGA G2 850
Mouse Razor DeathAdder 3.5G
Keyboard Corsair K68 RGB
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win10 pro
Benchmark Scores later
i read that you need a go between wallet between a hardware wallet and a mining pool but i dont think thats the case with nanopool paying out in .2 eth chunks .. but exodus seems a handy thing to have anyways..
trog

never heard of that before. a hardware wallet is just like any other directly controlled wallet. i directly send to my trezor from pools (all sorts of amounts, some very small) and never had an issue.

now sending pool payouts to *exchange* wallets directly is another matter. many exchanges do not like that.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Here you're making a huge mistake.

And then you go on to outline my main point... care to explain what the mistake was?

There are other types of risk and they've all accumulated in this weird web service that really no one knew anything about.

What I am saying is all services should be vetted from the start if you want to risk mitigate. Nicehash never was.

And then you go on to outline my main point... care to explain what the mistake was?
You've compared Coinbase and Nicehash as "groups".

Coinbase is already far from being some "group" doing some crypto transfers. It's a proper financial institution. It's structured, formal and transparent - and that makes it credible.
Coinbase tries to cooperate with banks. To make a bridge between those 2 worlds. Nicehash was a haven for anti-state individuals.
What I am saying is all services should be vetted from the start if you want to risk mitigate. Nicehash never was.
Why would it be? There is no law that would make it possible to control them. They're like financial chiropractors. They're doing something weird and kind of fake, but since it's not very harmful, let's just give people the right to make mistakes.
The important thing is that Nicehash was not a crypto exchange. They only organized mining, which is creating value from nothing. $60mln of BTC might have disappeared, but it wasn't real money that someone transferred to Nicehash accounts.

If Coinbase had a hack that purges all accounts, it would be a vastly different situation.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
I'm speaking from policy at an individual level notb, not an institutional one.

And yes, it is possible to find a more legit outfit for mining than nicehash.

I am unsure why you insist on going into legalities when that had nothing to do with my original point.

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
never heard of that before. a hardware wallet is just like any other directly controlled wallet. i directly send to my trezor from pools (all sorts of amounts, some very small) and never had an issue.

now sending pool payouts to *exchange* wallets directly is another matter. many exchanges do not like that.

i watched a youtube vid explaining it.. the guy talked about mining directlly to a hardware wallet and mentioned thousand of micro transaction taking place which eventually overwhelmed the small compute chip in the hardware wallet..

but like many things crypto you read on the internet it could be total bollocks.. but i did take notice.. just in case.. he he

trog

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
Well it was back on the 15th NH said they were in the "final stages" of getting everything running...