• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

In general the version v8308 not does not work as what methods, the latest working version is 6.0.1.8166 + X-Fi MB5

And as I understood, for model ALC1220 it is the last working version of the drivers, all versions that above is nobody do not work, at least did not see here messages that version 6.0.1.8308 works for people on Windows 10 Home 1709 16299.125 and sound card ALC1220, and statistics shows, a unique sound card on which version 6.0.1.8308, it ALC1150 works.

Who can that makes working version 6.0.1.8308 for ALC1220 and Windows 10 Home 1709 16299.125. I think owners of this sound card to you would be grateful, including I.
In advance thanks.

aikasea

Worked 100% DDl - DTSi
[Driver File used: Realtek_HDA_6.0.1.8308_DTSi_DDL_WHQL (25/11/17) = ]

Motherboard: Fatal1ty 990FX Killer
Audio: Realtek ALC1150 115dB SNR DAC Direct Drive
ASIO4All > Optical > Receiver 5.1
WASAPI > Optical > Receiver 5.1
DS > Optical > Receiver 5.1

Hi Peterson, may i know is this MOD compatible on Win 7 x64 ultimate?

Hi Peterson, may i know is this MOD compatible on Win 7 x64 ultimate?
HI :)
I'm not sure it will work in W7, because the driver is modified for windows 10 I believe, but you can test to see if it is compatible and post here for many to know if it is 100% functional with W7 :)

Pierss

erpguy53, Thanks for the answer and for the information. And here the information on mine motherboard Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Gaming-7-rev-10#kf

This sound card ALC1220 has still additional amplifier ESS SABRE 9018 DAC (ESS9018Q2C chip)
And here the information about to a card: hardware ID number
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1220&SUBSYS_1458A0C1&REV_1000

The only thing that me interests in it to a mode, this coding in DTSi and DDL on the optical output SPDIF, any virtual sounds to me are not necessary (it is possible to add certainly qualitative Surround + equalizers), me the main thing a tax a high-grade 5.1 channel sound on home theater on an optical cable.

To you it would be very grateful, if you made modes under this sound card + Windows 10 Home 1709 16299.125, simply it would not be desirable to risk and put other modes, under other sound cards. If the information is required to you still, ask.
In advance thanks.

Hi! I also have the Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - I have 6.0.1.8295 installed (from Gigabyte) - I ran the patcher on the the drivers in the installation folder as outlined (here) . [I'm running Windows 10 Home with latest updates]

As far as I can tell DTS is working (my amp picks it up) over SPDIF - and the Soundblaster Connect 2 software is working correctly.

The one 'bug' is that I must select Dolby or DTS form the windows default format for "Realtek Digital Output Properties" - it doesn't show up in the RealTeak control panel.

Thank you to everyone who has made this possible, very easy to follow!

Last edited:
Hi! I also have the Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - I have 6.0.1.8295 installed (from Gigabyte) - I ran the patcher on the the drivers in the installation folder as outlined (here) . [I'm running Windows 10 Home with latest updates]

As far as I can tell DTS is working (my amp picks it up) over SPDIF - and the Soundblaster Connect 2 software is working correctly.

The one 'bug' is that I must select Dolby or DTS form the windows default format for "Realtek Digital Output Properties" - it doesn't show up in the RealTeak control panel.

Thank you to everyone who has made this possible, very easy to follow!

Hi. Thank you for the link ! installed original 6.0.1.8295 (patched) driver, and wonder, DDL and DTSi earned, and do not need to put any questionable fashion, which still need to include in the system test mode. In short I advise everyone who has problems with the DDL and DTSi. And Yes, a big thank you to whoever this patch did.

P. S. But still, that would be DDL and DTSi worked in 5.1 mode, you need to patch the file XAudio, as I wrote on the previous page, if this is not done, many games will only work in Stereo mode.

Hi. Im buy new rig. I have ASUS Z370 E notherboard and need to use DTS and Dolby from OPtical. Can yours helpmewith moded driver??

is there something i can do with my maximus x hero to enable dts streaming?
I tried to follow the thread from beginning but i m confused, what can i do, today to make mi motherboard stream dts 5.1 trough S/PDIF ?
thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:

Mini Franki

Hi huys!

After several hours of research, i finally get it work. I have supremefx ALC1220 and windows 10 1709. I tried 1st with Asus realtek driver v8273 and the only option i get is, dolby digital live. But when i played bf3, only front right and left work. I tried after with realtek 2.80 only driver(why 2.80 and not 2.82, because realtek panel dont work on 2.81 and 2.82), and SUPRISE!, now i got dolby digital live and dts-interactive. I tried the 2 options on bf3 and all work PERFECTLY!

Hope that help!

Last edited:
Hi huys!

After several hours of research, i finally get it work. I have supremefx ALC1220 and windows 10 1709. I tried 1st with Asus realtek driver v8273 and the only option i get is, dolby digital live. But when i played bf3, only front right and left work. I tried after with realtek 2.80 only driver(why 2.80 and not 2.82, because realtek panel dont work on 2.81 and 2.82), and SUPRISE!, now i got dolby digital live and dts-interactive. I tried the 2 options on bf3 and all work PERFECTLY!

Hope that help!
hi, can you tell me what Mother board you have?
please, can you explain me with more details how you dit it, and which file i have to download? if you have supreme fx i bet yoi have a relatively new asus hi end board like a meximus, me. too

is Sound BlasterX 720° same thing as sounb blaster connect 2 ? I have
sound blaster connect 2 come from new gigabyte motherboard says support
sounb blasterX 720. I searched everywhere could not find any software download for X720 but all the pictures show screen of connect 2. are the same thing?

@Fabio

I have a asus rog strix z270f, that come with realtek supremefx alc1220. Its not important if you have another motherboard or another ALC version

You just need to follow the step on this thread: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ve-dts-interactive.228612/page-2#post-3622904

Link for realtek 2.80 driver: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26658/eng/Audio_Win7_8.1_10_64bit_6.0.1.8004.zip
thanks you, so kind :)
i ll give it a try tomorrow!
ps. have you noticed a loss in audio quality moving from asus official drivers to the realteck ones? errors or incompatibility?
you also loss the asus control pannel i imagine.

Mini Franki

thanks you, so kind :)
i ll give it a try tomorrow!
ps. have you noticed a loss in audio quality moving from asus official drivers to the realteck ones? errors or incompatibility?
you also loss the asus control pannel i imagine.

I had the Asus Xonar U5 with analog connection, pretty good sound card and sound is clear! Everyone know, an aftermarket sound card will alway play better than an onboard sound card but only for analog. In digital way, sound card dont change anything. So, Asus Xonar U5 play better than my supremefx alc1220 in analog but now my supremefx play a lot better because of digital. Xonar U5 dont have DDL or DTS encoder for play 5.1 with digital. Now, the sound is CRYSTAL CLEAR!

For answer at your question, the quality dont change because Asus driver is based on realtek one. And no, you dont lose the asus control panel look ;) Its exactly the same one with the DTS Connect unlocked. Youll get DDL and DTS-I. Use DTS-I, its better

Last edited:
System Name Eight Six
Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK
Memory Corsair 2x 8GB 3000mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX 590 Saphire Nitro+
Storage Kingston A400 SSD + 5TB 7200RPM HDD
Display(s) Samsung CF390 27"
Case NZXT S340 Elite White
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply BeQuiet Pure Power 11
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
Keyboard Drevo Tyrfing V2
Software Windows 10 Pro (1909) , Mac OS Catalina
ive got a ALC887 audio chipset anyone know of any audio drivers better than default Realtek ones?

im a total noob to PC's in this respect so hopefully there is im using windows 10 OS Build 16299.125

hardware id HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_1462F693&REV_1003

motherboard is a MSI 970a SLI Krait

sahsiyet

In my clevo notebook I have a version that can use dts and x-fi mb5 from optical output
If you have any help, please share my link.

Thank you

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_15586555&REV_1003
ACL892
windows10 16299.192

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    590 KB · Views: 1,433
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    183.8 KB · Views: 1,816
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
is Sound BlasterX 720° same thing as sounb blaster connect 2 ? I have
sound blaster connect 2 come from new gigabyte motherboard says support
sounb blasterX 720. I searched everywhere could not find any software download for X720 but all the pictures show screen of connect 2. are the same thing?

yes byu1 they are the same thing. it's just that gigabyte calls it differently. clevo/sager may call it "SBX Driver" or Creative Sound BlasterX Pro gaming 360 or 720. SBConnect 2 is pretty much the "MB6" version of X-FI MB as it's similar to it.
Version 2.1.6 of sound blaster connect 2 can be found at the Station drivers page as both clevo/sager notebook & gigabyte no longer have the latest version.

note that the sound blaster connect 2 software won't allow usage of DDL or DTS interactive as the SBConnect2 / SBX720 overrides them (at least thru analog audio ports; digital audio ports may not be affected).

Ok for those who want to try an updated realtek mod with DDL/DTSi (based on v8328), here they are (MS one drive) (google drive)
unlike other mods, my 8328 DDL/DTSi mod should work with Win7/8x/10 [even under defunct Vista] whether they are 32bit or 64bit.

i want to switch to windows 10 LTSB can i get this mod to work on that version ?

yes. which LTSB release are u gonna use? Win10 LTSB 2015 (v1507) or LTSB 2016 (v1607).
I use the LTSB 2016 v1607 release on my spare HP computer .

Though I'm still recovering from a surgery I had at the beginning of January 2018 to have a cyst removed from my upper jaw.

Last edited:

p1tcho0

Hi Folks, I have mega ask, I have ALC1150 from MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA. I have Creative Inspire GD580, I will use TOSLINK. I have hardware decoder for DTS. Can a ultrageek no life can help me 8)
ddts-100 IS SAME AS GD580
http://www.floralimited.com/default.aspx?tabid=416
WIN10X64 UEFI

Hi Folks, I have mega ask, I have ALC1150 from MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA. I have Creative Inspire GD580, I will use TOSLINK. I have hardware decoder for DTS. Can a ultrageek no life can help me 8)
ddts-100 IS SAME AS GD580
http://www.floralimited.com/default.aspx?tabid=416
WIN10X64 UEFI
http://dvojinov.simplesite.com/436463907

Last edited:

Doerde

Hey Ladies!

Long time leecher, first time poster.

First things first: I really, really apprechiate all the hard work so many of you have put into cleaning up what Realtek/MS/Asus/Dolby and whoever messed up this hard. Will certainly never buy Asus and/or Realtek again.

My specs are

-I'm running Windows 10/64, v10.0.17083.1000
-Asus Z170i Pro Gaming with Realtek Alc11500 (aka SUPREMEFXiamaPRbullsh*tname)
-ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438688&REV_1000
-Driver: 6.0.1.8090 by DJUrko
-Sound out: SPDIF->Sony DTS Headphone

Software Setup:

-DAX2 (API x64 0.8.4.83), DAX3 API's (API x64 1.1.7.32) *seem* to be running (including "unable to find tuning data) and I'm supposedly getting Dolby Digital sound. (Took me quite some time tho)
-Did *not* run UpdateDax3Db

Issues:

-Despite having tried many, many times on multiple clean-ups, re-installs, versions and install methods (dvojinov's including his alternative and experimental Asus-drivers, Urko's and the one from dldolby.blogspot) I am unable to get DTS running... at all.
-Whenever I try to install any version of DTS Audio/Studio/APO GUI it either tells me that no such device was found (even when by some miracle, DTS is an available format).
-More often though, my PC starts into a BSOD desktop with an endless loading circle
(safe mode->restart->Windows back to normal, yet still no DTS)

--> basically, DTS installs brick my PC and the DTS-Studio App (if it opens) doesn't find any device

Further:

-My sound has much improved from the terrible 48khz/16Bit/Stereo Windows 10 brought with it, yet I'm pretty sure neither setting in the Dolby Audio nor Dolby Atmos App, nor DHTv4, nor DPL2 does anything. Yet when I had only DHTv4 installed (from DJUrko) Equalizer settings impacted my sound a LOT.
-I was stupid enough (yes, sry) to buy a license for *Dolby Atmos for headphones*... yet it's only ever able to give 48khz,16Bit,Stereo virtual surround. Since my Win10-refresh it does not work at all. Despite 3 Mails and 3 passed months, Dolby did not once reply.

Question/Goals:

1. -Getting DTS/DTS-I to work or at least get the best sound possible (would prefer that to Dolby)
  2. -Is there any go-to-be-all-end-all version/combination of driver-mods and plugins? Or is it just a matter of taste and preference?
  3. In case not: Any tips as to what driver-mod+Dolby App I should be using?
  4. Can I make any use at all out of my legally bought Atmos for Headphone license? Because back when it worked, it sounded pretty... meh.
  5. -Was not able to acquire (and tbh very hesitant) the patcher for rltkAPO64.DLL and rltkAPO.DLL as described here. Is that an issue? Why do I need it?
  6. -How do I even know whether DAX2/DAX3 etc are running/impacting my sound?
  7. -Does it matter that my Device seems to be running *hdaudio.inf_amd64_7cdxxxxx*?
  8. -In which cases/for what mods do I need the "DisableProtectedAudioDG-enable" command?
  9. -What is the difference between choosing hdxrt, hdxrt4 and hdaudio as driver files?
  10. -Any idea why I can (somewhat reliably) get Dolby Digital working, yet DTS did not work once and install attemps keep freezing up my Win boot?
That's a lot of questions for my first post. Sorry for that. I hope it was somewhat coherent and most of you who read this have more of a clue than I do. Because personally, I'm still baffled how utterly TERRIBLE Realtek, Microsoft, Dolby (and in my case Asus) are handling this issue: Not at all.
Feel like back Win3.1.
Thx in advance!!

No Atmos, no DTS.jpg

P.S.: added a screenshot, but since then I have uninstalled the older hdxrt files and even the amd- (gpu) and Intel (Integrated) files (don't want to use neither device)

@erpguy53

The mod I've been able to use where both DTSi and DDL are available and usable options (including Dolby sound processing for stereo sources) is:

Audio Driver Version: 7541 (2.79 version from Realtek). Also, I don't have to disable secure audio in the registry. It can be downloaded here:

I have an Asus z97 Deluxe motherboard (ALC1150)

I tried your 8328 DDL/DTSi mod, however, DTSi is completely missing. Only DDL encoding is available. Also, the same exact result with @dvojinov's mod. I'm guessing you guys are both using the same patcher that modifies RtkAPI64.dll/RtkAPI64.dll using realtek.hd.sound.driver-patch.exe. The main difference between the unlocked driver I'm using (mentioned above) and yours is that the one I use does NOT use the patcher you guys use. My RTKVHD64.sys appears to have been modded by hand (which was part of the M1/A1 series unlocked files from a while back originally on techpowerup.com). realtek.hd.sound.driver-patch.exe modifies only the dlls, not, RTKVHD64.sys; which appears to be a much more effective way to patch/unlock the driver. Maybe. someone knows what to change in RTKVHD64.sys via hexedit on the latest driver for a more reliable unlock method.

Im going to continue using 7541 (2.79) realtek driver until someone figures out how to patch the 8 series drivers to support both DTSi and DDL reliably (most likely going to be modding the sys file).

yes byu1 they are the same thing. it's just that gigabyte calls it differently. clevo/sager may call it "SBX Driver" or Creative Sound BlasterX Pro gaming 360 or 720. SBConnect 2 is pretty much the "MB6" version of X-FI MB as it's similar to it.
Version 2.1.6 of sound blaster connect 2 can be found at the Station drivers page as both clevo/sager notebook & gigabyte no longer have the latest version.

note that the sound blaster connect 2 software won't allow usage of DDL or DTS interactive as the SBConnect2 / SBX720 overrides them (at least thru analog audio ports; digital audio ports may not be affected).

Ok for those who want to try an updated realtek mod with DDL/DTSi (based on v8328), here they are (MS one drive) (google drive)
unlike other mods, my 8328 DDL/DTSi mod should work with Win7/8x/10 [even under defunct Vista] whether they are 32bit or 64bit.

yes. which LTSB release are u gonna use? Win10 LTSB 2015 (v1507) or LTSB 2016 (v1607).
I use the LTSB 2016 v1607 release on my spare HP computer .

Though I'm still recovering from a surgery I had at the beginning of January 2018 to have a cyst removed from my upper jaw.

Last edited:
@erpguy53

The mod I've been able to use where both DTSi and DDL are available and usable options (including Dolby sound processing for stereo sources) is:

Audio Driver Version: 7541 (2.79 version from Realtek). Also, I don't have to disable secure audio in the registry. It can be downloaded here:

I have an Asus z97 Deluxe motherboard (ALC1150)

I tried your 8328 DDL/DTSi mod, however, DTSi is completely missing. Only DDL encoding is available. Also, the same exact result with @dvojinov's mod. I'm guessing you guys are both using the same patcher that modifies RtkAPI64.dll/RtkAPI64.dll using realtek.hd.sound.driver-patch.exe. The main difference between the unlocked driver I'm using (mentioned above) and yours is that the one I use does NOT use the patcher you guys use. My RTKVHD64.sys appears to have been modded by hand (which was part of the M1/A1 series unlocked files from a while back originally on techpowerup.com). realtek.hd.sound.driver-patch.exe modifies only the dlls, not, RTKVHD64.sys; which appears to be a much more effective way to patch/unlock the driver. Maybe. someone knows what to change in RTKVHD64.sys via hexedit on the latest driver for a more reliable unlock method.

Im going to continue using 7541 (2.79) realtek driver until someone figures out how to patch the 8 series drivers to support both DTSi and DDL reliably (most likely going to be modding the sys file).

Did you try v6.0.1.8152 patched with realtek.hd.sound.driver-patch.exe (pihto's patch)? This is the last one with working DTS for me after patching.

I'll have a look at the driver you posted. Do you have a link to the original v7541 version, without RTKVHD64.sys patched?

I tried the 8152 driver with pihto's patch a while back. That gave me DTS Interactive, but both DDL and the Dolby Tab for Dolby Home Theater processing (for stereo sources) were missing (image below). v7541 was the last version I got that has both DTSi and DDL and Dolby Home Theater all showing and usable. I dont know who made my RTKVHD64.sys. It was posted here specifically for Realtek driver version 2.79. This sys file appears to be a more reliable way to get these features to work. Also, this method doesn't require you to do anything in your registry.

BTW: The one I posted the link in my previous post, contains all the original files to the original official driver. All you have to do is replace the current patched RTKVHD64.sys with RTKVHD64.BAK (thats in the same directory). I can't remember where I downloaded v7541 from; but, it was an official release. I just searched on Google for "realtek driver download 2.79".

Theater Processing Tab
Screenshot.png

Did you try v6.0.1.8152 patched with realtek.hd.sound.driver-patch.exe (pihto's patch)? This is the last one with working DTS for me after patching.

I'll have a look at the driver you posted. Do you have a link to the original v7541 version, without RTKVHD64.sys patched?

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
The problem of missing DTSi is ASUS board , not only yours but a wide range of it , that is ASUS fault I guess they lost DTS licence altogether or only for older boards . I rised the problem with ASUS abut unsuccessful as they always refuse to completely and honestly replay regarding DTS . In the mean time I bought SBZ wich is great and 2 Asus XONAR DSX which are even better because of 7.1 support which works beautiful with my Razer Tiamat 7.1 v2 Headphones and DTSI + Virtual 7.1 surround over TOS is absolute hammer . So at this moment both of my PC's gaming and media are equip with XONAR DSX cards .

Doerde

Hmm... okay. So, I'm using DD+ProLogic II and those DAX2/DAX3 APIs running in the back. Both Dolby Studio/Atmos app's settings don't seem to have any influence on my sound. ProLogic II just makes my sound go overboard imo. Too much loudness and bass.

I'm grateful that thanks to you guys, I can at least enjoy some crisp DolbyDigital sound. But as an owner of a DTS headset and someone who had the pleasure to use DTS/i for a while, I much rather use DTS-based sound again.

So is there any rabbit hole you can send me down, to get my Realtek 1150 work with DTS? After all, I am one of those ASUS victims using a Z170i motherboard. So I realise this may be problematic.

(will never buy their shit again. Their GPU came with a ton of bloatware that created endless conflicts, too)

Edit: Ah... one more thing. I actually managed to get DTS running a few times. But did not stick with it, since 100% of the drivers in turn made my microphone-input seemingly disappear completely. In case that's indicative of anything.

Last edited: