• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Demand VS Optimization

Are games becoming demanding or just badly optimized?

• Yes they are becoming more demanding.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Yes some are badly optimized.

Votes: 28 71.8%
  • No they run great for me.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • They are not demanding I just have a potato for a PC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Were at a point now consoles are pc based. Not much work is needed(to port) if you think about it.Just laziness perhaps to not add a few options for pc users.

The thing is a lot of games are garbage now. (to me at least) Shovelware everywhere.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Were at a point now consoles are pc based. Not much work is needed(to port) if you think about it.Just laziness perhaps to not add a few options for pc users.

The thing is a lot of games are garbage now. (to me at least) Shovelware everywhere.
The limitations vs PC is the controller. UI's in games that are designed for both are dumbed down so much that in-game controls are focused for the controller which has a limited number of buttons vs a keyboard. It becomes obvious that game design has been so simplified you might as well wear a stupid hat.

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
The limitations vs PC is the controller. UI's in games that are designed for both are dumbed down so much that in-game controls are focused for the controller which has a limited number of buttons vs a keyboard. It becomes obvious that game design has been so simplified you might as well wear a stupid hat.

I'd say it's still price point, controls, and long gen cycles. In the past the long gen cycles caused development stagnation, but we've yet to see if MS will keep their word on the claimed new shorter cycles. A lot will depend on how well One X sells and is supported by developers.

Also, dev support now means more than just them committing to a high priced (for consoles anyway), smaller niche product, it's also a guess as to how many will actually offer the proper KB/M support MS claims to want to genuinely offer.

Though MS are concerned ( as they should be) about KB/M support being done properly, they are going to leave whether it's done and how it's done up to the devs. This could mean the only games you'll see with proper KB/M support might be just the ones MS publishes.

The how it's done they want to mean being given proper, separate control scheme designed specifically for KBs and Mice, but they also prefer multiplayer servers give players the option to play only with those of like controller types.

Just the fact that the latter has been the Achilles Heel in attempting to blur the lines between console and PC for decades, kinda puts it in perspective, and is a big part of why many are skeptical about whether it's really going to happen.

When you think of people playing on consoles, but limited to PC servers if they use KB/M, it's almost pretentious to think of it as actual console gaming. It's kinda like when you were a kid. You were invited to eat the holiday dinners with the rest of the family, but you had to sit at the folding card table with your little nephews, nieces, etc. It doesn't tend to make you feel like part of the family. Except here, it's in reverse. OK, so you found a cheaper system, but if you're going to play with those big boy controls, you better sit at the big table too.

It gets even stranger feeling for PC players just looking to play the console exclusives they can't on PC. At some point MS is going to have to decide whether they really want to bring all their console games to PC, or whether they want to get real and stop BSing us, because lately they're tip toeing a line in between the two that has an unclear outcome.

System Name Dumbass
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Its been a while since I read a post that has more words in it than actual intended content. :rolleyes::p

What I dont like is games in development now, including early access, are trying to make game UI's cover all platforms. I understand the monetary desire there, but its ruining intelligent gaming, to make a game easier to play a PC game with a controller over a keyboard is just.... ugggg. It makes me feel like I'm too stupid to use a keyboard.

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Its been a while since I read a post that has more words in it than actual intended content. :rolleyes::p
If you're referring to my prior post above, I gave specific reasons for limitations and explained why for each one, while all you did was claim it's just a controller thing. Furthermore, how can you profess to know my "intended content"? Are you claiming to be psychic, or just at too much a loss for words to do anything but oversimplify the topic and flame in doing so?

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
I thought PONY was state of the art stuff, heavy graphic's too! :roll:

System Name Dumbass
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
If you're referring to my prior post above, I gave specific reasons for limitations and explained why for each one, while all you did was claim it's just a controller thing. Furthermore, how can you profess to know my "intended content"? Are you claiming to be psychic, or just at too much a loss for words to do anything but oversimplify the topic and flame in doing so?
I'd like to say psychic, but we both know I'd be lying. So lets just settle at having a loss for words with a momentary lapse of reason minus the flames just to keep it simple. :toast: