• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crazy GPU prices, will we ever see an end to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
"if i am wrong I'm happy to take the abuse along with the KY Jelly"
GPU Prices will drop probably like a Stone when the mining blockchain gets too big for the current cards
1st to go will be the 3 gig cards

Last edited:
System Name MSI GT72S 6QE
Processor Core i7 6820HK
Motherboard Intel Sunrise Point CM236
Cooling 2 fans
Memory 2x 8 GB SO-DIMM DDR4-RAM (2133 MHz)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M - 8192 MB
Storage 1 ssd 3 hard drives
Display(s) 17.3 inch 16:9, 1920x1080 pixel, LG Philips LP173WF4-SPF1 (LGD0469), IPS, Full HD
Case ??!!!
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC899
Power Supply most beautiful brick you have ever seen
I love the apocalyptic title of this thread.
Everything that has a beginning has an end. If the mining craze lasts than I definitely see nvidia and AMD pursuing different product lines aimed at each market (gaming and mining).
Still early to tell how things will shake out.

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Where I got them and for how much is something I prefer not to go public with. Let's just say a friend, and for half what I see them going for anywhere else.
I am sorry you live under a rock and have to have something brand new, but I trust where I got the cards, and why pay a premium just for new car smell? Warranty is meh to me anyways!
I never said it did not affect those without the ability to hunt, I am simply stating, affordable solutions are out there, you just have to spend as much time looking as you do complaining;)
Also, how is it I am exaggerating ( I have the cards, I know what I paid) , and in denial (I know the reality I have a pair of brand new to me cards)!

Last bit, your thread is four pages, but the majority of what has been said here is also found in all the other threads ;)

I can't believe you're a mod with such smarmy rhetoric. Seriously, you call those without these special undisclosed friends as "living under a rock" merely for buying new? Which also includes a 3 yr warranty of course. The fact that you have zero understanding of the value of warranties makes you look like more of a hippie than tech expert. You couldn't sound more eccentric and vague. You don't disclose either why you trusted the deal (as in know they've not been overused or abused), or why they were sold so cheap, so please, enough with the under a rock. The only one concealing things under rocks here is you.

You imply we need to spend time hunting, yet you bought them from a close, trusted friend, so how much "time" do you expect people to believe YOU spent? It tends to make it sound a lot like you have a wealthy friend whom doesn't know much about tech, so you take advantage of his naivety and generosity. Excuse me, but expecting most to have (or even want to exploit) such options, is unrealistic.

You also fail to point out that it's like the other threads mostly because people like you have not adhered to it's intent, which I've detailed more than once already. You don't usually see mods derailing threads, you're supposed to be keeping them on track, not gloating over atypical fortunes from the rich and gullible, and insulting others for not stooping to the same thing. Like I said, this place has been going WAY downhill, largely due to the way it's moderated, or NOT moderated rather.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
Hunting coveted items is next to impossible UNLESS you have friends. :)

This goes for anything. I have trouble even finding good prices on obscure out of print books -- because there's always some network of jerks who exploit it. I have to be a jerk myself and hope I get lucky on unsuspecting ebay vendors... hoping they don't catch on to what they have (that's if I get lucky). It's gotta be a bigger pain for GPUs. Fortunately I don't need one atm.

System Name Gamer
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D
Case Phanteks Eclipse P200A D-RGB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Unlike the privileged few, cowering in their golden towers, hoarding good GPU prices for themselves... I come with good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people. For unto you, in the city of interwebs, a website was found. And they shall call his name wonderful counselor. Mighty searcher. Prince of prices.

http://www.nowinstock.net/

Processor Intel 13700K
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Hunting coveted items is next to impossible UNLESS you have friends.
We ALL have friends, how many though have rich, gullible ones willing to part with 2 perfectly good 1080 Tis for dirt cheap, especially at a time when GPU prices are out of control? I mean seriously, does no one here take the whole picture into perspective? He's hardly giving a typical example. All he's doing s rubbing his devil may care good fortune in people's faces, ad at the worst possible time.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
We ALL have friends, how many though have rich, gullible ones willing to part with 2 perfectly good 1080 Tis for dirt cheap, especially at a time when GPU prices are out of control? I mean seriously, does no one here take the whole picture into perspective? He's hardly giving a typical example.

Well, I'd be willing myself to be generous to a friend. I don't like keeping too much...and a bit impatient. But I'm probably weird.

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Well, I'd be willing myself to be generous to a friend. I don't like keeping too much...and a bit impatient. But I'm probably weird.
Even so, it's definitely not you're typical scenario.

Anyways, back on topic please. We're supposed to be brainstorming ideas to solve this problem. Will it do any good? Maybe not, but it's more likely to than the gibberish that's going on.

System Name Red Cute Pet xD
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus B650E-E ROG Strix
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Acer Predator Vesta II 32GB (16GB * 2) DDR5 6000MT/s CL30-38-38-76
Video Card(s) Yeston GeForce RTX 4060 8GB Cute Pet Edition
Display(s) Acer Predator X35 G-Sync Ultimate
Case Lian-Li O11 Air Mini Black-Mesh
Power Supply Toughpower GF3 1200W Gold - TT Premium Edition
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero wired
VR HMD Nope NOpe NOPE
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores Nothing special...Yet.
up to 48 hours ago there were Titans on nVidia site, now all sold out as well, would the companies use this current on going situation to sell all their stocks of cards - which is a rare occasion to do so with out merely any loss - and then we all wait for the Volta wave? AMD is might reconsider stocking their models as well since this is insane.

What do you think the companies will do? pump more cards of Pascal? prepare for a hungry consumer's wave for Volta?

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
Even so, it's definitely not you're typical scenario.

Anyways, back on topic please. We're supposed to be brainstorming ideas to solve this problem. Will it do any good? Maybe not, but it's more likely to than the gibberish that's going on.

Well, I already gave my answer above. There's already people whose job it is to adjust for this. They're just stuck in the old model (GPU = gamers). And still not adjusting, as you can see from Nvidia just telling vendors to limit sales to miners. These are just band-aids (if that). They need a whole new paradigm to adjust for the mining crowd, and it's not up us to do it.

Also, if it was easy to predict trends in Mining.... well, you'd be in Mining and a billionaire, and not some chump working inventory and manufacturing. They've got Gamers and game related product cycles down to a science.. but not this.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
I can't believe you're a mod with such smarmy rhetoric. Seriously, you call those without these special undisclosed friends as "living under a rock" merely for buying new? Which also includes a 3 yr warranty of course. The fact that you have zero understanding of the value of warranties makes you look like more of a hippie than tech expert. You couldn't sound more eccentric and vague. You don't disclose either why you trusted the deal (as in know they've not been overused or abused), or why they were sold so cheap, so please, enough with the under a rock. The only one concealing things under rocks here is you.

You imply we need to spend time hunting, yet you bought them from a close, trusted friend, so how much "time" do you expect people to believe YOU spent? It tends to make it sound a lot like you have a wealthy friend whom doesn't know much about tech, so you take advantage of his naivety and generosity. Excuse me, but expecting most to have (or even want to exploit) such options, is unrealistic.

You also fail to point out that it's like the other threads mostly because people like you have not adhered to it's intent, which I've detailed more than once already. You don't usually see mods derailing threads, you're supposed to be keeping them on track, not gloating over atypical fortunes from the rich and gullible, and insulting others for not stooping to the same thing. Like I said, this place has been going WAY downhill, largely due to the way it's moderated, or NOT moderated rather.
If only you had the slightest clue. Stop with the hate and open your mind...lol Also, I spent weeks beating a dead horse.

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Unlike the privileged few, cowering in their golden towers, hoarding good GPU prices for themselves... I come with good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people. For unto you, in the city of interwebs, a website was found. And they shall call his name wonderful counselor. Mighty searcher. Prince of prices.

http://www.nowinstock.net/
You, sir, are a master at de-escalation! Love the witty way you provided that information.

System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) AOC Q27G3XMN + Samsung S22F350
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse EVGA X15
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11
Thanks to the miners, this is the year of the IGP, mark my words.
If AMD and Nvidia try to limit compute performance by app profile, hypervisors will be created, if they limit them by driver, modded ones or flashed bios will appear.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
Nope...nothing wrong with GPU prices from what i can tell.....all is fine , nothing to see here folks, move along:)

Capture.JPG

& the seller has the Balls to charge for shipping too !!!!o_O& its a F@cking Refurb 970 to boot:roll:

P.S. I understand that this is as "real" as a Titan selling for $8.00 , save your time.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
You, sir, are a master at de-escalation! Love the witty way you provided that information.

He probably listened to Handel's Messiah a bunch of times like I did over Christmas :p

Punx223

Not so new member
System Name Whatever im running atm
Processor Ryzen 9 5950X, i9 10900K, i9 10980XE, i9 12900K
Motherboard X570 Godlike, Maximus XII Extreme, Maximus XIII Extreme, Rampage VI APEX , Z690-TBD
Cooling Custom Liquid cooling
Memory too much
Video Card(s) RTX 3090, TITAN RTX, TITAN V, TITAN Xp, 2080 Ti, 5700XT, Radeon VII
Storage 1.5TB 905P AIC, 1.2TB 750 AIC, 2TB Sabrent Rocket M.2, 2TB 970 PRO, 1TB 960 PRO
Display(s) Main: ASUS XG438Q, Asus PG27UQ, Ancillary array: Acer EB321HQU
Case Lian Li PC011D XL, be quiet! Silent Base 802, Dimastech Easy XL, Praxis Wetbench, Streacom BC1
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless, some PC speakers, onboard codec, (For now)
Power Supply be quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500W, Corsair AX1600i, Enermax Platimax 1050W, ASUS THOR 1200W
Mouse Logi G502, Logi G903
Keyboard Das Prime 13
VR HMD Vive Pro
Software Indeed
Benchmark Scores Lots of them: https://hwbot.org/user/punx223/

I suppose I could be naive, and a fool for letting my cards go for what I consider a fair value..... I could be a neophyte to this whole tech thing.

or,

Let me supply an alternate reality that unfortunately will NOT fit your agenda. I am the source which gave @sneekypeet his cards at MUCH lower than the current "going market value"... Did you ever consider there are people that will actually take care of their friends rather than profit off the current disastrous state of the GPU market? In this alternate reality I am proposing, I am not in any way "rich" in the traditional sense but instead have worked in the tech space for over a decade at this point. I am not gullible in relation to my hardware I just know the long term value of being a true friend versus doubling my money.

That being said, I think this shows us alot more about the character as a person than their ability to one-up themselves on the back of a good friend. BTW, I also went to his house and helped him with his rig to make sure it was awesome.

I guess some peoples "value" doesnt match mine... or maybe I am a fool..... either way I'm a happy fool... you should try it sometime :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We ALL have friends, how many though have rich, gullible ones willing to part with 2 perfectly good 1080 Tis for dirt cheap, especially at a time when GPU prices are out of control? I mean seriously, does no one here take the whole picture into perspective? He's hardly giving a typical example. All he's doing s rubbing his devil may care good fortune in people's faces, ad at the worst possible time.

I don't see how it's being rubbed in anyone's face...sounds like he's just stating the fact of his scenario.

How's that jellysicle taste?

System Name Gaming System / HTPC-Server
Processor i7 8700K (@4.8 Ghz All-Core) / R7 5900X
Motherboard Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming / MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling CM ML360 / CM ML240L
Memory 16Gb Hynix @3200 MHz / 16Gb Hynix @3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac 3080 / Colorful 1060
Storage 750G MX300 + 2x500G NVMe / 40Tb Reds + 1Tb WD Blue NVMe
Display(s) LG 27GN800-B 27'' 2K 144Hz / Sony TV
Case Xigmatek Aquarius Plus / Corsair Air 240
Audio Device(s) On Board Realtek
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750W / Andyson TX-700 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero / K400+
Keyboard Wooting Two / K400+
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R15 = 1542 3D Mark Timespy = 9758
How long exactly have the GPU prices been 'crazy'?
In asia, all of the mid-range cards (1060-1070) were reasonably priced up to a month ago ($250 - $600).
1050Ti prices haevn't been touched and can be had for the regular $200
The higher end cards are a little more expensive now, but you can still find them at pretty much regular price ($1000 for a 1080 Ti), but the ones from cheaper manufacturers, Colorful 1080 Ti's for example ($800), are hard to find.

Edit - I just looked at NewEgg and the prices of some of the cards still look okay. There's a 1080 for $800, which is the same price you pay for one over here before the 'mining boom'
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...4125880&cm_re=gtx_1080-_-14-125-880-_-Product
The 1080 Ti's look to be about $100 more the local regular prices, but if you've got that much to drop on a video card, an extra $100 wouldn't really be a deal breaker.

Last edited:
VR HMD Nope NOpe NOPE
Software Windows 11 Pro
How long exactly have the GPU prices been 'crazy'?
In asia, all of the mid-range cards (1060-1070) were reasonably priced up to a month ago ($250 - $600).
1050Ti prices haevn't been touched and can be had for the regular $200
The higher end cards are a little more expensive now, but you can still find them at pretty much regular price ($1000 for a 1080 Ti), but the ones from cheaper manufacturers, Colorful 1080 Ti's for example ($800), are hard to find.

Edit - I just looked at NewEgg and the prices of some of the cards still look okay. There's a 1080 for $800, which is the same price you pay for one over here before the 'mining boom'
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...4125880&cm_re=gtx_1080-_-14-125-880-_-Product
The 1080 Ti's look to be about $100 more the local regular prices, but if you've got that much to drop on a video card, an extra $100 wouldn't really be a deal breaker.

I bought my GTX1080 for 470$, having it for a 800$ is a pure rape :) .

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro

I thought the same too, but that poster said they were in Asia. Maybe we're missing some currency difference.

VR HMD Nope NOpe NOPE
Software Windows 11 Pro
I thought the same too, but that poster said they were in Asia. Maybe we're missing some currency difference.

I meant the example from Newegg, I bought my card from Newegg btw and I am not located in USA.

System Name Gaming System / HTPC-Server
Processor i7 8700K (@4.8 Ghz All-Core) / R7 5900X
Motherboard Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming / MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling CM ML360 / CM ML240L
Memory 16Gb Hynix @3200 MHz / 16Gb Hynix @3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac 3080 / Colorful 1060
Storage 750G MX300 + 2x500G NVMe / 40Tb Reds + 1Tb WD Blue NVMe
Display(s) LG 27GN800-B 27'' 2K 144Hz / Sony TV
Case Xigmatek Aquarius Plus / Corsair Air 240
Audio Device(s) On Board Realtek
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750W / Andyson TX-700 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero / K400+
Keyboard Wooting Two / K400+
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R15 = 1542 3D Mark Timespy = 9758

Wow. That is stupidly cheap. I got a 1080 for $600 second-hand and it was a bargain at the time. I upgraded from a 1060 that was $350 on release (before the mining craze).
Newegg has a 1070 with external box for $599: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...4125990&cm_re=gtx_1070-_-14-125-990-_-Product
Those things are $1000 each over here. Your 1070 Ti's seem overpriced. They can be had for about $700 here since release, but Newegg's lowest is $800!
Maybe that's why where I am hasn't seen much difference in prices, they were already high to begin with!

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
I suppose I could be naive, and a fool for letting my cards go for what I consider a fair value..... I could be a neophyte to this whole tech thing.

or,

Let me supply an alternate reality that unfortunately will NOT fit your agenda. I am the source which gave @sneekypeet his cards at MUCH lower than the current "going market value"... Did you ever consider there are people that will actually take care of their friends rather than profit off the current disastrous state of the GPU market? In this alternate reality I am proposing, I am not in any way "rich" in the traditional sense but instead have worked in the tech space for over a decade at this point. I am not gullible in relation to my hardware I just know the long term value of being a true friend versus doubling my money.

That being said, I think this shows us alot more about the character as a person than their ability to one-up themselves on the back of a good friend. BTW, I also went to his house and helped him with his rig to make sure it was awesome.

I guess some peoples "value" doesnt match mine... or maybe I am a fool..... either way I'm a happy fool... you should try it sometime :)

This is why my sales go on at techpowerup at well below market rates. I love the community here and I really do try to give back to it.

I don't have much to say right now except that this whole mining divide is unnecessarily tearing our community apart. I feel I'd rather lose that last, and we need to remember we're all just geeks here and honestly should never judge each other for anothers computing habits. We should go back to the true spirit of what brought me to TPU, and that is trying to help one another out, and not mock one another for their misfortune (or be envious of someones fortune for that matter).

The way this community has been going lately has bothered me somewhat, truth be told. I'd expect at least the core members to try to hold themselves to a higher standard, but this divide seems deeper than that. I think we are losing something deeper than just gaming if we let ourselves devolve to that.

That's all I got for now. Laugh at it if you want, tell me I contributed to the issue/what have you. That isn't helping anyone, but I can't stop you. Just for the love of all that is TPU, please try to consider the human before you post.

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
^^+ 1 to you sir! You have echoed my sentiments exactly.

Punx223

Not so new member
System Name Whatever im running atm
Processor Ryzen 9 5950X, i9 10900K, i9 10980XE, i9 12900K
Motherboard X570 Godlike, Maximus XII Extreme, Maximus XIII Extreme, Rampage VI APEX , Z690-TBD
Cooling Custom Liquid cooling
Memory too much
Video Card(s) RTX 3090, TITAN RTX, TITAN V, TITAN Xp, 2080 Ti, 5700XT, Radeon VII
Storage 1.5TB 905P AIC, 1.2TB 750 AIC, 2TB Sabrent Rocket M.2, 2TB 970 PRO, 1TB 960 PRO
Display(s) Main: ASUS XG438Q, Asus PG27UQ, Ancillary array: Acer EB321HQU
Case Lian Li PC011D XL, be quiet! Silent Base 802, Dimastech Easy XL, Praxis Wetbench, Streacom BC1
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless, some PC speakers, onboard codec, (For now)
Power Supply be quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500W, Corsair AX1600i, Enermax Platimax 1050W, ASUS THOR 1200W
Mouse Logi G502, Logi G903
Keyboard Das Prime 13
VR HMD Vive Pro
Software Indeed
Benchmark Scores Lots of them: https://hwbot.org/user/punx223/
This is why my sales go on at techpowerup at well below market rates. I love the community here and I really do try to give back to it.

I don't have much to say right now except that this whole mining divide is unnecessarily tearing our community apart. I feel I'd rather lose that last, and we need to remember we're all just geeks here and honestly should never judge each other for anothers computing habits. We should go back to the true spirit of what brought me to TPU, and that is trying to help one another out, and not mock one another for their misfortune (or be envious of someones fortune for that matter).

The way this community has been going lately has bothered me somewhat, truth be told. I'd expect at least the core members to try to hold themselves to a higher standard, but this divide seems deeper than that. I think we are losing something deeper than just gaming if we let ourselves devolve to that.

That's all I got for now. Laugh at it if you want, tell me I contributed to the issue/what have you. That isn't helping anyone, but I can't stop you. Just for the love of all that is TPU, please try to consider the human before you post.
I have been at TPU for a very long time which is why I have the "Not so new user" title...

This may be a new account to me and you guys, but understand I have been an integral part of this community and tons of others sharing what I know and learning from one another.

One thing i dont stand for is for others to mistreat someone or make broad assumptions based on things they simply know nothing about.

I agree, however most PC communities have become one of a few different subcultures... Elitist, trolls (I have no issues with trolling, just don't take it too far) and those who are forum warriors or magazine mechanics (Those who regurgitate whatever they see on an article or forum and hold it as gospel rather than testing things for themselves)

I truly hope that this can be corrected as TPU is a great place, and i would hate to see it go the same direction as many other tech forums as of late.

In closing, as @sneekypeet can verify, I am a snarky asshole at times... so enjoy the ride :)

Status
Not open for further replies.