• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need help Over Clocking My AMD systems.

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
I can't figure out the new bios there are so many things to adjust. I got my FX8300 and want to get it to 4.Ghz. The HSF that came with it was amazingly small.
Any way I have an MSI 970A-G46 MB with the latest BIOS. Please help me get that 4.2GHz the BOX says it will do.

Also my new Ryzen 3 1300X is on A gigabyte mb specs in sig and listed. I would love to see that at 4.ghz as well.
I will be writing your suggestions down and applying them then posting the results.
Please Help me I am stuck.

Attachments

• 8core.jpg
    8core.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 481

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
The FX-8300 should already be boosting to 4.2GHz. So simply loading the defaults in the motherboard's BIOS should have it do 4.2GHz. Though I don't think it will do that when all cores are loaded, that might be the boost when only 2 cores are active, I'm not sure. I'd almost be concerned that 4.2GHz on all 8 cores at once under load would be too much for the stock cooler to handle. But if you want to try, just go into the OC area of the BIOS, and set the Adjust CPU FSB Frequency to 200, and change the Adjust CPU Ratio to 21. That should give you an Adjusted CPU frequency of 4200MHz(4.2GHGz), and it should run all the cores at 4.2GHz under load. You might even get away without needing to bump the vcore up any to do this, since this is the stock boost frequency. If you do have to change the CPU voltage I recommend checking what it is running at first, then setting it to match that. Then reboot and check to see what voltage it is running at again, if it is different than what it was running at when set to auto, adjust the manual setting so the actual voltage is as close to what it was with the auto setting, then bump it up a few notches and test for stability again. Keep doing this until the CPU is either stable or gets too hot under load. Though I doubt you'll have to bump the voltage much at all, again since 4.2GHz is the stock boost frequency. And, yes, the auto setting for CPU Ration is already 21. However, when set to auto, it will follow the rules for boost levels depending on the number of cores loaded. When you set the ratio manually to 21, it ignores the boost rules and just runs at 21 all the time under load.

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
The FX-8300 should already be boosting to 4.2GHz. So simply loading the defaults in the motherboard's BIOS should have it do 4.2GHz. Though I don't think it will do that when all cores are loaded, that might be the boost when only 2 cores are active, I'm not sure. I'd almost be concerned that 4.2GHz on all 8 cores at once under load would be too much for the stock cooler to handle. But if you want to try, just go into the OC area of the BIOS, and set the Adjust CPU FSB Frequency to 200, and change the Adjust CPU Ratio to 21. That should give you an Adjusted CPU frequency of 4200MHz(4.2GHGz), and it should run all the cores at 4.2GHz under load. You might even get away without needing to bump the vcore up any to do this, since this is the stock boost frequency. If you do have to change the CPU voltage I recommend checking what it is running at first, then setting it to match that. Then reboot and check to see what voltage it is running at again, if it is different than what it was running at when set to auto, adjust the manual setting so the actual voltage is as close to what it was with the auto setting, then bump it up a few notches and test for stability again. Keep doing this until the CPU is either stable or gets too hot under load. Though I doubt you'll have to bump the voltage much at all, again since 4.2GHz is the stock boost frequency. And, yes, the auto setting for CPU Ration is already 21. However, when set to auto, it will follow the rules for boost levels depending on the number of cores loaded. When you set the ratio manually to 21, it ignores the boost rules and just runs at 21 all the time under load.
Ok well this is where I get lost the dynamic Vcore Have no idea what that should be set to. I went from auto to normal in the bios, The numbers start at a negative then work up WT????
And then there is the Dynamic Vcore SOC what is that and that too I set from auto to normal, Now it boots up and runs and everything (So Far) at 3.8GHz wouldn't even post up before.
I think I can get far more but I am still mentally limited in other words too stupid.
OH and HOLY crap is this fast now I mean I can feel it if that makes any sense and yes so far I can see it in cinabench going to test passmark out too.