• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Hello! Hipersli still working today, with the latest drivers?

Nope! HyperSLI only works with old drivers. There are other versions of software SLI other people worked on for newer stuff. HyperSLI was abandoned a long time ago. I don't know the name of the others and I don't know exactly what the latest driver for HyperSLI was. Besides that, all modern motherboards from AMD & Intel, almost all of them support SLI and CrossFireX now, this entire novelty of software SLI is kind of pointless and useless today. It was mainly designed for several years back we had certain motherboards that were amd-only.

JAD

Disagree. There is still a quite active community for Different SLI Auto and it is hardly useless and has absolutely nothing to do with AMD-only motherboards.

Disagree. There is still a quite active community for Different SLI Auto and it is hardly useless and has absolutely nothing to do with AMD-only motherboards.

The entire original point of HyperSLI was to use SLI on AMD-Specific motherboards like Intel x38/x48 that were restricted to AMD only, even though they were physically capable of doing SLI. It was a software limitation and HyperSLI bypassed it. It was mostly abandoned at one point because later Intel started shipping x58 motherboards that can do both crossfire and SLI, and AMD started shipping 900-FX series boards that can do the same thing too. You still need a motherboard to support 8x + 8x video card support to do SLI, regardless of anything. That's a basic requirement. And any modern motherboard that supports 8x + 8x, will already support SLI natively. AMD Ryzen and Intel Kaby lake and Skylake and Coffee lake for example. So no, there's no really much point in any sort of software SLI anymore.

JAD

Lol, okay, I'll tell that to my workstation motherboard that absolutely does not support SLI or all the other people using Different SLI Auto.

Workstation boards have very low speed multi-core chips and are very poor at gaming even if you can put SLI on em.. why would anyone bother to do that? Any actual workstation load can use multiple GPU's without SLI. Games need raw mhz speed, not 500 cores @ 2 ghz.

Nope! HyperSLI only works with old drivers. There are other versions of software SLI other people worked on for newer stuff. HyperSLI was abandoned a long time ago. I don't know the name of the others and I don't know exactly what the latest driver for HyperSLI was. Besides that, all modern motherboards from AMD & Intel, almost all of them support SLI and CrossFireX now, this entire novelty of software SLI is kind of pointless and useless today. It was mainly designed for several years back we had certain motherboards that were amd-only.
thanks you bro

Testifier

I know hypersli has been abandoned, but is there any way for it to work on windows 10? Right now the only way for me to enable SLI on a mini ITX motherboard is via the HyperSLI + DifferentSLIAuto combo. Since HyperSLI 1.0 only work up to windows 8.1, I have to use Windows 8.1 if I want to enable SLI

I know hypersli has been abandoned, but is there any way for it to work on windows 10? Right now the only way for me to enable SLI on a mini ITX motherboard is via the HyperSLI + DifferentSLIAuto combo. Since HyperSLI 1.0 only work up to windows 8.1, I have to use Windows 8.1 if I want to enable SLI

It works perfectly fine on windows 7 natively. Just switch to windows 7. You'll get full Hyper-SLI support, and you can sleep better at night knowing microsoft isn't spying on you and recording your keystrokes while you use the OS (Win10).

Hello, Im trying to upgrade my old PC before buy a new one.
Im trying to use HyperSLI 1.0, with nvidia old driver 280.26.
My current config : P7P55D LE, win 7, MSI NGTX 460 cyclone 1GD5/OC. => atm only one GC plugged , I need to buy/found the SLI bridge, and change power supply ...

I was sure to can set up SLI on this mobo, but there was a mistake on modo description, I've sent a request to asus ... I miss undertsood P7P55D LE and P7P55D Deluxe .... :(

So I've remove new drivers NVIDIA to install the 280.26.
I've install HyperSLI 1.0.
I've boot on HyperSLI boot => and then BSOD , just one line written : => *** STOP : 0x00000050(0x000000008000000038,0x00000000000000001,0xFFFFF800037109BA,0x0000000000000005 )
UAC is disable,
Virtualization technology enable ...

What can I do ?

On Sat 24/02/2018 13:10:36 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown ()
Bugcheck code: 0x0 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: CUSTOM_ERROR

On Sat 24/02/2018 10:14:05 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\022418-10374-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF8800F19ECD8)
Bugcheck code: 0x117 (0xFFFFFA800ACEB4E0, 0xFFFFF8800F19ECD8, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 280.26
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 280.26
Bug check description: This indicates that the display driver failed to respond in a timely fashion.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 280.26 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED

Hello, Im trying to upgrade my old PC before buy a new one.
Im trying to use HyperSLI 1.0, with nvidia old driver 280.26.
My current config : P7P55D LE, win 7, MSI NGTX 460 cyclone 1GD5/OC. => atm only one GC plugged , I need to buy/found the SLI bridge, and change power supply ...

I was sure to can set up SLI on this mobo, but there was a mistake on modo description, I've sent a request to asus ... I miss undertsood P7P55D LE and P7P55D Deluxe .... :(

So I've remove new drivers NVIDIA to install the 280.26.
I've install HyperSLI 1.0.
I've boot on HyperSLI boot => and then BSOD , just one line written : => *** STOP : 0x00000050(0x000000008000000038,0x00000000000000001,0xFFFFF800037109BA,0x0000000000000005 )
UAC is disable,
Virtualization technology enable ...

What can I do ?

On Sat 24/02/2018 13:10:36 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown ()
Bugcheck code: 0x0 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: CUSTOM_ERROR

On Sat 24/02/2018 10:14:05 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\022418-10374-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF8800F19ECD8)
Bugcheck code: 0x117 (0xFFFFFA800ACEB4E0, 0xFFFFF8800F19ECD8, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 280.26
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 280.26
Bug check description: This indicates that the display driver failed to respond in a timely fashion.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 280.26 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED

Go in safe mode and uninstall Hyper-SLI and then run normally. There's probably something else wrong with your system or your display driver install is corrupted somewhere. Did you run hyper-SLI as administrator? What windows version are you using?

Last edited:
No bsod now, I've uninstalled Hyper-sli ...its running like before np !
I didnt run it as admin, but there is only one account, mine =)

It's win 7 pro SP1

I've just tryed as admin, its the same problem

No bsod now, I've uninstalled Hyper-sli ...its running like before np !
I didnt run it as admin, but there is only one account, mine =)

It's win 7 pro SP1

I've just tryed as admin, its the same problem

No idea really. I might would need confirmation from someone here on the thread but every time I've tried Hyper-SLI I've always used windows 7 x64, 64-bit, that may be part of the issue. Otherwise I don't know.

my OS is a windows 7 64 bits ... professional, with a real authentification key

Is this your motherboard?

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P7P55D_LE/

If so.. the second PCI-Express slot only runs at 4x speed, even though it's a 16x slot. It says it right there in the description:

Expansion Slots
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (single at x16)
1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot (at x4 mode, 2.5GT/s)
2 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 slots (2.5GT/s)
3 x PCI

SLI requires minimum of x8 to function, and dual x8-x8. Your motherboard only runs x4 for the second slot. That's probably why you're getting issues and problems. You can't run SLI on this board, even with Hyper-SLI. It's physically impossible.

Last edited:
Yes it is !

Damned !! I was sure to can do sli or crossfire : look here => https://www.asus.com/fr/Motherboards/P7P55D_LE/

I have to let down now, because of a mistake on asus website !!

Thank you Kithylin !!

For more information read here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-sli-faq,4079.html#p1

Even that page you linked to still outlines how the motherboard's second PCI-Express slot runs at x4. It's right there in the specifications: "1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 (in x4 mode, 2.5GT / s)".

See the above link I posted, SLI requires at minimum both slots must be at least x8 & x8 electrically, even if the slots are x16 & x16 physically.

There is nothing that can possibly be done about this with any software, this is a limitation of nvidia's implementation of SLI Technology and how they designed it.

Yes, I saw =( and I read it ...
I'm disapointed about that mistake I did ... I'm looking now to change for a cheap mobo who support my i7 870 on LGA 1156 socket, and wich support SLI, and x16 x16 .... thats not easy, and I'm wondering how much will it cost, and if it's interesting ...

Yes, I saw =( and I read it ...
I'm disapointed about that mistake I did ... I'm looking now to change for a cheap mobo who support my i7 870 on LGA 1156 socket, and wich support SLI, and x16 x16 .... thats not easy, and I'm wondering how much will it cost, and if it's interesting ...

I took a quick look on ebay for you. This is the cheapest one I can find that would do what you want: https://www.ebay.com/itm/122976965119

See specs here: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_55i/specifications/

• Expansion Slots
    2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (single at x16 or dual at x8/x8 mode)
    3 x PCIe 2.0 x1 (2.5GT/s)
    2 x PCI
  • Multi-GPU Support
    Supports NVIDIA® Quad-GPU SLI™ Technology
    Supports ATI® Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ Technology

If you chose to go with this, you wouldn't need HyperSLI software: It supports SLI natively with the normal nvidia drivers (does not need software modifications.)

Although near $150 for this.. I don't know.. almost could suggest a newer motherboard setup possibly.... it's your money and up to you though.
You won't find any boards for your system new today that support what you want by the way, it's an older platform.

Thank you again, but at this price, I will wait and save my money to get something good at the end of year maybe ...

Thank you again, but at this price, I will wait and save my money to get something good at the end of year maybe ...

Yeah... I think you would be better off saving up to get a more modern system instead of spending that kind of money in something this old to be honest.

Also of note for you: From 2011 <-> 2018, any desktop consumer motherboard (not server stuff, and not "work station" stuff) with a minimum of x8 + x8 PCI-Express should support SLI natively. You shouldn't need software or Hyper-SLI for normal desktop stuff anymore. Check the description, most motherboards that support SLI will say it in their specifications section.

yes you're right !

Atm I think about a
2066 socket ,
a mobo like tuf x299 mark1,
a microprocessor like i7 or i9 ( will wait a bit, its expensive )
a CG like 1060 ...

I will follow proce evolution, to get something good. My old PC from 2010 has hold so many years and so many games, I will do something like that, middle price but high performance

Some further information for you regarding modern stuff... nvidia has changed and you no longer can SLI (almost any) video card in their line up. Only GTX-1070 and above support SLI now. And only 2-way. 3-way and 4-way is not supported any more.

Some further information for you regarding modern stuff... nvidia has changed and you no longer can SLI (almost any) video card in their line up. Only GTX-1070 and above support SLI now. And only 2-way. 3-way and 4-way is not supported any more.

what do you mean by last sentence ? ( i'm sorry i'm french, my english is bad )