• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thoughts on adding downvote capability?

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Be realistic, that's not going to happen.

I don't disagree that there are some people whose contributions are... debatable. But regardless of that, they are part of the community, and some are part of the core of the community.

If things stayed the same, there would be no need for change. The world is changing and people are changing with it. If TPU wants to stay a welcoming online community it must modify itself to adapt to the changing times.

Change is usually good. Drastic change rarely is.

That statement implies you think TPU staff are accountable to us forum users. They are not. We are guests who do not own this site, nor the forums that are a part of it. What does happen is they ask for our insights. They take on board the ideas they have and sometimes ideas we offer, but only if it seems useful. They experiment with things like this rating system. It's a work in progress. Voicing a concern, a perspective, some experiences, etc, in a constructive way is far more useful than just blasting them with negativity.

Not looking for accountability, looking for transparency so I can understand what and why has prompted this sudden drastic change. Understanding leads to dialog and dialog leads to better solutions.

As for negativity... if that is your perception of what I consider constructive criticism, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
also, if you read the guidelines, retaliatory behavior, we are trying to curb at TPU
I’m assuming you are referring to his removing of the downvotes. Problem is, he went wading in and admits to removing numerous upvotes as well. Upvotes that could conceivably be there from likes, because W1zzard wants them tied to “+1” right now.

Therefore it does beg questions when someone who is a staff motherboard reviewer goes and makes changes to threads.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
why do the ratings apply in science threads ? The box is distracting to look at and if it has no value whats the point?

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
I’m assuming you are referring to his removing of the downvotes. Problem is, he went wading in and admits to removing numerous upvotes as well. Upvotes that could conceivably be there from likes, because W1zzard wants them tied to “+1” right now.

Therefore it does beg questions when someone who is a staff motherboard reviewer goes and makes changes to threads.

You missed his point entirely. The posts he was referring to were off topic, and being up voted by likes because people are abusing the system as it is intended. He used his community ability to do what is right in such instances, and leveled the playing field. Pretty sure that was a main point addressed in this thread, is that the voting system gives the members a chance to police themselves, which from what I see is what was done.

@CAPSLOCKSTUCK Pretty sure the system is applied forum wide. It even shows in the mod lounge. Although, there may be science badges, where I doubt there will be any moderator specific ones.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
You missed his point entirely. The posts he was referring to were off topic, and being up voted by likes because people are abusing the system as it is intended. He used his community ability to do what is right in such instances, and leveled the playing field. Pretty sure that was a main point addressed in this thread, is that the voting system gives the members a chance to police themselves, which from what I see is what was done.

@CAPSLOCKSTUCK Pretty sure the system is applied forum wide. It even shows in the mod lounge. Although, there may be science badges, where I doubt there will be any moderator specific ones.
Ok, thanks for the explanation!

P.S. I’m still looking forward to seeing where it was applied to. For transparency.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
this isnt adding up

yesterday i was benchmarking champ, today i am at the bottom of the list and my "score" dropped by about 60 points or something. I dont mind its just i will have to change my pic again now if im off the bench
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/members/?key=post_ratings

If those posts were removed for being off topic then why havent my likes gone down by a similar amount?
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/members/

@Tomgang as you are the new Champion i have one thing to say

" Long live socket 1366.".............:peace:

System Name The beast and the little runt.
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570
Cooling Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4a - NH-D15 chromax.black with IPPC Industrial 3000 RPM 120/140 MM fans.
Memory G.SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL GOLD/SILVER 32 GB (2 x 16 GB and 4 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.45 volts
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 4060 OC LOW PROFILE - GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB + 2 TB - Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB - 2 x WD RED PRO 16 GB + WD ULTRASTAR 22 TB
Display(s) Asus 27" TUF VG27AQL1A and a Dell 24" for dual setup
Case Phanteks Enthoo 719/LUXE 2 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Onboard on both boards
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt X 1200W
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
Software WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BITS on both systems
Benchmark Scores Se more about my 2 in 1 system here: kortlink.dk/2ca4x
this isnt adding up

yesterday i was benchmarking champ, today i am at the bottom of the list and my "score" dropped by about 60 points or something. I dont mind its just i will have to change my pic again now if im off the bench

If those posts were removed for being off topic then why havent my likes gone down by a similar amount?

CAPSLOCKSTUCK you have to put some more effort into socket 1366. Show all why X58 is so great. I try doing with I7 models, but you cut do it with xeons.

But also showing what X58 is capable off by running one of the fastes GPU in it and M.2 NVMe SSD is not so bad either.

Latest i have shown how well even the latest 2018 games can run on X58 with Far Cry 5.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/far-cry-5-gpu-performance-tests.242716/#post-3821248

Get back in the game son. Show them all... :toast:

cadaveca

My name is Dave

Your reading comprehension sucks. Look back a few posts and I said:

I didn't change anything, because I don't have the power to do so... but I do have the same powers everyone else does, and a I down-voted off-topic postings. That's all.

In other words, I did the same thing you can. I have no special privileges on the forum... just the front page. BTW, it was an asrock thread. Find the news thread with all the -1 notations and you'll find the thread. I did the same to the post above mine here by Tomgang.

So you're making a storm out of a teakettle here, really...

I didn't post the thread because I did something that any of you can do. Actuyally, I thin kwe are kind of encouraging you to do so, which in effect give the community members some critical control over the content here on the forums. What I did.. is what you all should be doing, and THAT is why I posted in this thread. I shouldn't HAVE to do itmyself... YOU GUYS should be. I got reviews to write. :p

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
this isnt adding up

I have added a cut off to the rate system. Only rates from the last 6 months are now counted, so that people with tons of points can't sit on their points forever and new users get a chance to compete. Also this let's people work themselves out of negative point holes. Check the members -> post ratings pages for detailed starts

Nobody has the ability to delete votes at this time, not even the mods

System Name The beast and the little runt.
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570
Cooling Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4a - NH-D15 chromax.black with IPPC Industrial 3000 RPM 120/140 MM fans.
Memory G.SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL GOLD/SILVER 32 GB (2 x 16 GB and 4 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.45 volts
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 4060 OC LOW PROFILE - GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB + 2 TB - Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB - 2 x WD RED PRO 16 GB + WD ULTRASTAR 22 TB
Display(s) Asus 27" TUF VG27AQL1A and a Dell 24" for dual setup
Case Phanteks Enthoo 719/LUXE 2 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Onboard on both boards
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt X 1200W
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
Software WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BITS on both systems
Benchmark Scores Se more about my 2 in 1 system here: kortlink.dk/2ca4x
I have added a cut off to the base system. Only rates from the last 6 months are now counted, so that people with tons of points can't sit on their points forever and new users get a chance to compete. Also this let's people work themselves out of negative point holes. Check the members -> post ratings pages for detailed starts

Nobody has the ability to delete votes at this time, not even the mods

That seems to me as a good way to give new commers a change to show of there skill and know how and as state people with a bad reputation to show they can be good to.

I aprove this :D

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Your reading comprehension sucks. Look back a few posts and I said:

In other words, I did the same thing you can. I have no special privileges on the forum... just the front page. BTW, it was an asrock thread. Find the news thread with all the -1 notations and you'll find the thread. I did the same to the post above mine here by Tomgang.

So you're making a storm out of a teakettle here, really...

I didn't post the thread because I did something that any of you can do. Actuyally, I thin kwe are kind of encouraging you to do so, which in effect give the community members some critical control over the content here on the forums. What I did.. is what you all should be doing, and THAT is why I posted in this thread. I shouldn't HAVE to do itmyself... YOU GUYS should be. I got reviews to write. :p
Thanks for the explanation. I knew it was being considered but I also remember that there were a lot of points made about people being vindictive, and thought it got tabled.

I have to go read the new rules for the third time today, because I missed it.

Not looking for accountability, looking for transparency so I can understand what and why has prompted this sudden drastic change. Understanding leads to dialog and dialog leads to better solutions.
I agree with you on this one. However the reasons have already been stated, a couple of the main ones were to make the forums more engaging and less toxic.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
so techpowerup is now reddit ?
well thats just ducky

I still wanna see examples of this toxicity problem we have because the only toxicity I have seen is from a few butthurt users that think everybody should put in there sunday best for them, and then throw a temper tantrum when mommy moderator doesn't give them there binky and tell them shh now its ok..

this whole shake up screams of a handful very vocal users insisting there is a problem because there feelings got hurt and starting annoying w1zzard into action
show me threads find me examples.

this whole thing seems to have hit a head after the ctslabs bs

which BTW techpowerup themselves,did a about face on after it was proven BY AMD that they where indeed full of shart, something no less then two writer said was not bs and insisted it was news worthy a week later you did a about face and suddenly it was`O AMD said they will have this patched in a month ahem moving on then ... `

so techpowerup is now reddit ? well thats just ducky
You need some cheese?
this whole thing seems to have hit a head after the ctslabs bs
which BTW techpowerup themselves,did a about face on after it was proven BY AMD that they where indeed full of shart, something no less then two writer said was not bs and insisted it was news worthy a week later you did a about face and suddenly it was`O AMD said they will have this patched in a month ahem moving on then ... `
This has been said before on this subject, if you don't like it, go elsewhere. Berating something that you don't own and have no control over makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine. W1zzard is experimenting with site features. If you want to offer input, try being more constructive instead of spouting pointless whiny gibber-gabber.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
This has been said before on this subject, if you don't like it, go elsewhere. Berating something that you don't own and have no control over makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine. W1zzard is experimenting with site features. If you want to offer input, try being more constructive instead of spouting pointless whiny gibber-gabber.
You seem to forget that opinions can and often do differ.
Not everyone sees things the way you do, so your attitude towards those that express another point of view are out of place here, as you say, if you don't like it, leave.

Low quality post by rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Not everyone sees things the way you do, so your attitude towards those that express another point of view are out of place here, as you say, if you don't like it, leave.
Except you forgot one thing yourself. OneMoar asks us to produce posts. Yet it’s quite simple, he only need to go back through his own posting history for toxicity.

Low quality post by OneMoar

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
You need some cheese?

this folks is toxicity
get off your high horse because nobody is going anywhere until we figure this out, your attitude can and will split whats left of the community as you said if you don't like it you can leave. k then go be gone go post on wccf or ltt.

my initial points where valid and still stand what toxicity its a very simple question what exactly is this problem you seem to think we have I want names examples posts evidence because without context you can claim a lot of things

you know what this reeks of ... the reactionary stance the same kind of destructive reactionary stance thats being taken in the states over gun control and the various shootings of recent

this whole trainwreck was started by some people that just can't tolerate that somebody said something in someway they don't agree with and are raising pitch forks over it and I have a sneeky suspicion I know whos been annoying w1zzard over it because said users don't do anything on this board other then police it doesn't contrib to threads don't help users with there problem doesn't do anything other then play policeman but they are the first ones to waive the red flag when things get a little salty

Except you forgot one thing yourself. OneMoar asks us to produce posts. Yet it’s quite simple, he only need to go back through his own posting history.
feel free to find examples I can defend everything I have ever said. I got nothing to hide I have done nothing wrong go ahead do your best-worst I freely admit I have very little respect for a select few of the moderators around here because they cherry pick situations and don't contribute to the board but present them selves as better than the rest of the users here which is WHY we are asking for transparency by denying said transparency you are feeding my point of view and no its none of the normal moderators it won't take you long to figure out who I mean

I should add I really have no problem with up down votes because its not gonna do anything either way but do we really need both a up down and thanks button ? whats next a no thanks button a don't care button ...

Last edited:
Low quality post by rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
this folks is toxicity
get off your high horse because nobody is going anywhere until we figure this out, your attitude can and will split whats left of the community as you said if you don't like it you can leave. k then go be gone go post on wccf or ltt.

my initial points where valid and still stand what toxicity its a very simple question what exactly is this problem you seem to think we have I want names examples posts evidence because without context you can claim a lot of things

you know what this reeks of ... the reactionary stance the same kind of destructive reactionary stance thats being taken in the states over gun control and the various shootings of recent

this whole trainwreck was started by some people that just can't tolerate that somebody said something in someway they don't agree with and are raising pitch forks over it and I have a sneeky suspicion I know whos been annoying w1zzard over it because said users don't do anything on this board other then police it doesn't contrib to threads don't help users with there problem doesn't do anything other then play policeman but they are the first ones to waive the red flag when things get a little salty

feel free to find examples I can defend everything I have ever said. I got nothing to hide I have done nothing wrong go ahead do your best-worst
Actually, the mods have everyone’s history. I don’t need to show anything. Everybody here is familiar with the way you blow into a thread “holier than thou” insulting people’s intelligence and in general doing nothing but tell people their idea’s are stupid. That is uncivil and not what this forum is about.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Actually, the mods have everyone’s history. I don’t need to show anything. Everybody here is familiar with the way you blow into a thread “holier than thou” insulting people’s intelligence and in general doing nothing but tell people their idea’s are stupid. That is uncivil and not what this forum is about.
thank you kindly for proving my point

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest

im not gonna argue with anyone, i respect that we can all have differing opinions, but I agree with Your point here. 100%

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
I absolutely freely admit I have been known to call it as I see it, and I don't put up any pretenses if I think you did something stupid, I am gonna tell you you did something stupid, if you are being publicly ignorante or posting information that may mislead or cause a user a problem you best believe I am gonna be telling you about it and I have no compulsion to sugar coat it
flash your bios after being told to not, get called a idiot because you where one.
spend half your rig budget on rgb lighting and then cry a month later when your 50 dollar psu smokes your entire box. HAHAHHA that will teach you,

spend 10 pages trying to get your system to run 8 sticks of DDR3 at 3200mhz after being told on the first 3 pages you were near the platforms upper limit and have exhausted all the available options to make it work .... now thats just borderline on mental illness especially when people went above and beyond to help you and and your persist on telling us that we are wrong and then it somehow magically has to work. then slam that report post button when we the people that have just spend the better part of several hours trying to help you get frustrated with your inability to comprehend

I believe in honesty first, feelings second a policy that if uses more would result in a better world

Last edited:
You seem to have misunderstood. I was criticizing his complaints in the same way as his post, thus giving an example and following up with a suggestion to be more constructive.
this folks is toxicity
You also missed the point.
because nobody is going anywhere until we figure this out
There is nothing to figure out. You do not own TPU. You have as much say in it's administration as I do, which is zero. However, constructive suggestions and ideas, even if critical would be welcomed. Try it.
your attitude can and will split whats left of the community as you said if you don't like it you can leave.
I'm not the one displaying temper-tantrum-like behavior. And the input I've offered was constructive and reasonable. If it helps the admins, great. If not, that's ok too. However, if you really think my criticism of your less than helpful remarks is going to "split what's left of the community", you need to get a grip on reality. I'm not an admin, and have no say what happens to the site. And it is doubtful that my influence with the community is that great.
You may think they do, to the rest of us, you are the one being toxic and one of the reasons why W1zzard is trying different things out.
Remember what I said about getting a grip on really? The two situations are not related at all. Comparing them is bizarre to say the least.
this whole trainwreck was started by some people that just can't tolerate that somebody said something in someway they don't agree with and are raising pitch forks over it
How is this a trainwreck? And to be fair, that is not what is going on. The changes that are being made are because certain people are getting defensive and irrational when their opinion and perspectives are being challenged. Then they get bent out of shape when the people challenging them refuse to accept information other than that which meets with their approval. Example; One particular user and I got into a debate about a certain methodology concerning a technological application of something involving PC's. I suggested a certain something because I've been using it for many years, very effectively. He refused to accept it was a valid way of doing that something. The debate went back and forth until a mod stepped in and asked that it stop. That user had clearly never used what I was suggesting and yet insisted that I was wrong, even though I've been using such successfully for about 2 decades. Which person do you think was being toxic?
I have a sneeky suspicion I know whos been annoying w1zzard over it because said users don't do anything on this board other then police it doesn't contrib to threads don't help users with there problem doesn't do anything other then play policeman but they are the first ones to waive the red flag when things get a little salty
Has the thought occurred to you that such might be their job and sole purpose on this site? TPU has forum moderators who's only responsibility is to "police" the forum. Most popular and well traveled site forums have them now. It's not a big deal.
I absolutely freely admit I have been known to call it as I see it, and I don't put up any pretenses if I think you did something stupid, I am gonna tell you you did something stupid, if you are being publicly ignorante or posting information that may mislead or cause a user a problem you best believe I am gonna be telling you about it and I have no compulsion to sugar coat it
flash your bios after being told to not, get called a idiot because you where one.
spend half your rig budget on rgb lighting and then cry a month later when your 50 dollar psu smokes your entire box. HAHAHHA that will teach you,
^^ This is being toxic.

You have a choice to make. Offer your personal insight in a civilized and constructive way or continue the way you have been and we'll see what happens...

Last edited:
System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I personally prefer the direct grumpy cat approach, maybe I can relate more to that style.

Low quality post by eidairaman1

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Settle down ladies.

I'm blunt, yet I get called out because im not "diplomatic"

I personally prefer the direct grumpy cat approach, maybe I can relate more to that style.
And maybe that works for some people. However, here's another thought. I'm an administrator in my profession and whenever someone has a suggestion, whether it might make something better or might be critical, I always welcome it as long as it is presented without whiny nonsense. I've recently sent someone home for the day because they got boarder-line insubordinate. And their attitude was very similar to the one displayed above. I don't have to take that kind of nonsense, and neither do the admins here at TPU. So OneMoar's input wasn't really helpful..

Last edited: