• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Launches Obsidian 1000D Super-Tower PC Case

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
CORSAIR , a world leader in PC gaming peripherals and enthusiast components, today announced the launch of its largest, most feature-rich PC case ever - the Obsidian Series 1000D. Building on the CORSAIR Concept Slate prototype that captured the imagination of PC enthusiasts, the Obsidian 1000D is the result of over two years of development and design to create the ultimate super-tower case. Clean exterior lines brushed aluminium details and four smoked tempered glass panels give the 1000D the iconic styling and superior build-quality enthusiasts have come to expect from the CORSAIR Obsidian Series.

Both a full E-ATX and Mini-ITX system can be installed simultaneously, cooled by 13 cooling fan mounts, powered by two PSUs (SFX and ATX) and equipped with 11 storage drives. Created to house the world's most epic PC builds, the 1000D is the ultimate super-tower PC case.

The 1000D is designed to house the most powerful, ambitious and jaw-dropping PCs on the planet, contained in a unique triple-chamber, dual-system layout. The primary E-ATX system is mounted on a raised motherboard island, lined by convenient cable routing holes and backed by a huge French-door-style rear compartment to easily hide away 2.5in drives, cabling and accessories. The Mini-ITX system sits rotated above the ATX PSU mount, providing an optional fully-equipped system to run as a file server, streaming capture system, or second gaming PC for player two.

With two systems worth of hardware to handle, the 1000D boasts a huge array of cooling options. Eight 120mm fan mounts to the front, three 140mm fan mounts in the roof and two 120/140mm fan mounts to the rear have the headroom to mount even the thickest liquid cooling radiators with fans in push/pull configuration. Fitted using replaceable telescoping fan trays* that make installation easy, the 1000D can equip up to 18 cooling fans and four 480mm liquid cooling radiators - the most liquid-cooling friendly CORSAIR case ever.

To power the huge array of cooling hardware it can carry, the 1000D includes a CORSAIR Commander PRO digital RGB lighting and fan speed controller, granting users precision speed control of up to six PWM fans, and lighting control for up to six CORSAIR RGB fans or CORSAIR RGB LED strips. The 1000D itself also boasts integrated RGB lighting, built into its front panel and front logo, as either a starting-point for a stunning RGB build, or as a subtle accent to your system.

Whether you go all-out on lighting or are building a more reserved system, CORSAIR iCUE software brings everything together, combining RGB lighting control for all iCUE compatible products including fans, RGB LED light strips, keyboards, mice and more. iCUE also provides in-depth customizable fan RPM curves to silence fans, downloadable profiles and advanced system monitoring, all controlled with a single easy-to-use interface.

Look closer behind the monolithic design and epic capabilities, and you'll find that the 1000D is loaded with extras to make building your system easy and ready for years of upgrades. The front panel offers dual USB 3.1 Type C ports, as well as four USB 3.0 ports, for multiple high-speed connections. Front, rear and roof removable dust filters ensure your system stays looking its best, while a rotatable GPU mount plate for the primary system lets you put your graphics card on show. When installing liquid cooling, you'll find a wide variety of pump and reservoir mounting points, with an exhaustive array of screws and cable ties included to add the finishing touch to your system.

Able to easily house today's most ambitious systems, cool them with room to spare, finish them with fine attention to detail and light them with stunning, or subtle, RGB lighting, the 1000D is the ultimate super-tower case.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Liquid 2022
Processor Intel i7-12700k
Motherboard Asus Strix Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4
Cooling Custom loop with 9x120mm radiator area
Memory Team 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4@4133 C18-18-18
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 2080ti on nickel Heatkiller IV block with Aluminum backplate
Storage 10TB SSD: Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (OS), Samsung 980 PRO 2TB, ADATA SX8200 PRO 2TB/500GB, 4TB/1TB MX500
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 1440p G-SYNC, Samsung Odyssey
Case Phanteks ENTHOO 719 (grey)
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5, Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Power Supply Cooler Master V1200, custom sleeved white cables
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux RGB
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (maybe 11 soon?)
I feel like this is a joke, but I'm not sure...

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
And you'll need a crane to move it once it's filled. Holey crap Marie!

''1000D the iconic styling and superior build-quality enthusiasts have come to expect''

you got that right cause I'm not expecting anything practical . 12 year old first time builder is now the enthusiasts expecting and wanting something like this so to wow his friends and play with the lighting . or to be used for a circus or carnival display ?

''the result of over two years of development and design to create the ultimate super-tower case '' back to 12 year olds I guess are the design engineers ?

hype and gimmicks are all that matters anymore the rest just takes a far back seat if even thought of . one thing it does do for sure is that I save money with it [cause I'm not buying ]

Durvelle27

Staff member
System Name Black Prometheus
Processor |AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard ASRock B550M Pro4|MSI X370 Gaming PLUS
Cooling Thermalright PA120 SE | AMD Stock Cooler
Memory G.Skill 64GB(2x32GB) 3200MHz | 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4
Video Card(s) |AMD R9 290
Storage Sandisk X300 512GB + WD Black 6TB+WD Black 6TB
Display(s) LG Nanocell85 49" 4K 120Hz + ACER AOPEN 34" 3440x1440 144Hz
Case DeepCool Matrexx 55 V3 w/ 6x120mm Intake + 3x120mm Exhaust
Audio Device(s) LG Dolby Atmos 5.1
Power Supply Corsair RMX850 Fully Modular| EVGA 750W G2
Mouse Logitech Trackman
Keyboard Logitech K350
Software Windows 10 EDU x64
Man I’m so sick of this RGB craze. Makes me want to puke. Just looking at this pic is giving me headaches

iO

Processor R7 5700x
Motherboard MSI B450i Gaming
Cooling Accelero Mono CPU Edition
Memory 16 GB VLP
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6700 XT
Storage P34A80 512GB
Display(s) LG 27UM67 UHD
Case none
Power Supply SS G-650

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Looks something like a Danger Den case... I really don't like the 900D... I'm not so sure about this one ...

System Name Space Heater MKIV
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard ASRock B550 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, 3x Noctua NF-A14s
Memory 2x32GB Teamgroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4-3600 C18 1.35V
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil (2150MHz, 240W PL)
Storage 2TB WD SN850X, 4x1TB Crucial MX500 (striped array), LG WH16NS40 BD-RE
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG (34" 3440x1440 144Hz)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1700BT, Samson SR850
Power Supply Corsair RM850x, CyberPower CST135XLU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Glorious GMMK 2 96%
Software Windows 10 LTSC 2021, Linux Mint
If this case didn't have all the stupid RGB fans and tempered glass, I'd want one. I can see having two motherboard mounts being really useful (like a main PC and a rendering/editing PC in the same tower).

I prefer a mix of practicality and style (leaning more toward practicality) rather than one or the other. I'd choose a case with a big front air intake over one with slits on the sides of the front panel.

Last edited:
System Name unnamed currently :*(
Processor Intel Core i7-5960x
Motherboard ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
Cooling EKWB/Bitspower CPU, motherboard & GPU WB
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4gb ddr4 2666
Video Card(s) nVidia GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 1 TB M.2 SSD & WD Black 5TB HDD
Display(s) Asus SwiftROG PG278Q & Asus PB277Q
Case Corsair 900D
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Zx
Power Supply Corsair Axi1200
Mouse Steel Series Sensei RAW
Keyboard Corsair K70
Benchmark Scores 4.8 ghz @ 1.37 - 5930k - old cpu 4.6 GHZ @ 1.3 - 5960X - current cpu
If this case didn't have all the stupid RGB fans and tempered glass, I'd want one. I can see having two motherboard mounts being really useful (like a main PC and a rendering/editing PC in the same tower).

I prefer a mix of practicality and style (leaning more toward practicality) rather than one or the other. I'd choose a case with a big front air intake over one with slits on the sides of the front panel.

Case comes with no fans per the product page..... Actually kind of surprised for the cost of the case that they wouldn't include a few fans since it can house up to 18!

Corsair George

Corsair Rep
Pretty ugly for 500€...

And then completely choke any airflow with glass panels.

There's a huge gap between the front fans and glass.

s well as

It's pretty significant and doesn't affect intake.

Also - for all you RGB haters you'll be pleased to know the fans are not included, so you can install whatever fans you want. There is, however, an included Commander Pro so you can control up to six fans (DC or PWM), plus any RGB lighting strips or fans you decide you may want to install eventually.

The logo and I/O panel backlighting are software controlled RGB so you can choose what color it is (or turn it off if you want).

Processor Intel Core i5 8400
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370N-Wifi
Cooling Silverstone AR05
Memory Micron Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming 8G
Storage Micron Crucial MX300 275GB
Display(s) Dell U2415
Case Silverstone RVZ02B
Power Supply Silverstone SSR-SX550
Keyboard Ducky One Red Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro 1909
Corsair Obsidian 1000LED Super-Tower PC Case

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
wELL....... At least they got the I/O panel right this time......:eek: :clap:

There's a huge gap between the front fans and glass.

s well as

It's pretty significant and doesn't affect intake.

Also - for all you RGB haters you'll be pleased to know the fans are not included, so you can install whatever fans you want. There is, however, an included Commander Pro so you can control up to six fans (DC or PWM), plus any RGB lighting strips or fans you decide you may want to install eventually.

The logo and I/O panel backlighting are software controlled RGB so you can choose what color it is (or turn it off if you want).

nice you pointed that fan thing out on it ....

kinda like the guy said above no fans ? whats next motherboard tray sold separately, no standoffs included , and drive bays optional as well ? when you buy a case you expect ready to go not darn I got to go back to newegg and get the fans for it at added cost on top of the case's cost ..

then see there trying to dazzle you with the LED gimmicks , sales hype to smoke screen things as this or any short comings or lack of support , ect .... its now wow cool led's all over it then reality sets in what they find its another week waiting on fans that were not included to get there rig running . I guess you can pretend to use the Commander Pro so you can control up to six fans (DC or PWM), plus any RGB lighting strips or fans you decide you may want to install eventually ,

ya, I'd be one to of took it had fans for granted and ready for use out of its box if throwing a order together , cause its expected ...

seems like they could offer a LED fan packaged case and a non- led fan packaged case . just check the one you want at cart ..

Corsair George

Corsair Rep
seems like they could offer a LED fan packaged case and a non- led fan packaged case . just check the one you want at cart ..

That's something we're looking at doing on the website - custom bundles, you pick which fan (ML series? LL series? HD series? 120mm? 140mm?) you want....but that's a ways off for a couple reasons.

We pulled the fans out of 1000D because feedback from the guys buying cases in this price range said that they almost always threw away whatever "cheap crappy fans" came with the case and bought their own, or that they wanted us to include "high quality, high performance fans" but they differed in what that meant (Magnetic Levitation bearings? RGB lighting? Static Pressure fans?) so there's no consensus.

I think pulling the fans gave us the flexibility to include some other cool things like the Commander Pro, the slide-out radiator and fan trays, the extra tempered glass accent piece on top, etc.

But we'll see. It's a risk. First case we've ever launched without fans. Ask me again in a few months and I'll tell you if it was a good decision or not, heh.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Samsung Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Home 64
The interior pic that shows all the fancy, colorful hardware.....the reservoir isn't level and it bothers me. That is all. Move along.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
That's something we're looking at doing on the website - custom bundles, you pick which fan (ML series? LL series? HD series? 120mm? 140mm?) you want....but that's a ways off for a couple reasons.

We pulled the fans out of 1000D because feedback from the guys buying cases in this price range said that they almost always threw away whatever "cheap crappy fans" came with the case and bought their own, or that they wanted us to include "high quality, high performance fans" but they differed in what that meant (Magnetic Levitation bearings? RGB lighting? Static Pressure fans?) so there's no consensus.

I think pulling the fans gave us the flexibility to include some other cool things like the Commander Pro, the slide-out radiator and fan trays, the extra tempered glass accent piece on top, etc.

But we'll see. It's a risk. First case we've ever launched without fans. Ask me again in a few months and I'll tell you if it was a good decision or not, heh.

I prefer for cases to launch without fans, because I never want the fans that come with them

''guys buying cases in this price range said that they almost always threw away whatever "cheap crappy fans" came with the case ''

see what you just said ? think on that . so why are your better or best fans not in it at that ''price range '' ?

then a case in that price range with low buck thumb screws not a nice quick and easy to use latch and hinged swing out panels .

maybe I'm in the minority here on this but don't the side panels look cleaner and more professional here [as long as the hinged part is not cheap and breaks off as I read some on that ]

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Graphite-Series™-760T-Full-Tower-Windowed-Case/p/CC-9011073-WW

them thumbscrew and those silly allen wrench kind that you cant even get to with your thumbs it seems that's for 20-50 buck cases [opinion]

thing is it like no one builds a solid well built practical case . its all this crap hype and gimmicks .

like I state a lot with my old antec sx 630 just as good today as it was 15 years ago then I gave away like a dummy my sx 850 soho . unless a vid card gets to 18'' long it still takes my new builds today no crazy fans to go out , no led's to distract or burn out , tooless , things still fit right in it , built like a tank not steel that a beer can seems stronger no thrills , practical , and well over I got my moneys worth

funny I was thinking I could get a glass acrylic panel cut for a side panel for it and drill and cut out for the latch and hinge for it as well /cheap.

its not just you guys but then why a case for me today is a no sale

System Name GameRig / Server
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D / Threadripper 2920X
Motherboard ROG Strix X570-E / ROG Zenith Extreme
Cooling Dual OCCOOL 360 XT45 / Single EK 360 KIT
Memory Trident Z 16GB / Trident Z 32GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 / Quadro P2000
Storage WD Black SN770 2TB / WD Re 12TB SAS
Display(s) LG 34" UltraWide 34GN850-B / Samsung CF391
Case Corsair Obsidian 800D / 700
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i / HX850
Software Win11Pro x64 / Vmware vSphere
Benchmark Scores 420 6969.....
Once the price drops a bit, my next case.
My 800D it´s starting to get "old"

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Samsung Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Home 64
Something I don't see mentioned is the weight of this beast. According to the specs the weight is 29.5kg (that's 65 pounds)! Cripes all mighty.

I thought the CM Cosmos 1000 I used years ago weight a lot for what it was, but only coming in at 16.9kg (37.25 pounds) it's just a baby compared to this monster. After having a SLI build in that Cosmos 1000 case the weight would be pushing 50 pounds or so and that still less than the empty Obsidian 1000D. I hated when I had to move the tower the couple of times I had to because you know, the wife wanted to rearrange things and shuffle furniture.

I know, it's a big case and you don't build one to move it around to carry with you so you can show the world, you build it to display and be a center piece (eye sore) in your gaming room, but still.....

System Name 2nd AMD puppy
Processor FX-8350 vishera
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX2
Memory 16 Gb DDR3:8GB Kingston HyperX Beast + 8Gb G.Skill Sniper(by courtesy of tabascosauz &TPU)
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+;1450/2000 Mhz
Storage SSD :840 pro 128 Gb;Iridium pro 240Gb ; HDD 2xWD-1Tb
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z 144 Hz freesync
Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE with Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Riotoro Enigma G2 850W
Mouse Razer copperhead / Gamdias zeus (by courtesy of sneekypeet & TPU)
Keyboard MS Sidewinder x4
Software win10 64bit ltsc
Benchmark Scores irrelevant for me
is big and for sure are people who will fill it; i can't stand the rgb in hardware at all.....christmas tree

i wouldn't change it for mine phantom 820 no matter what; i love it & will be my last case in this life

"Both a full E-ATX and Mini-ITX system can be installed simultaneously"

Huh... As absurd as this case is, this is kinda neat. I can't think why I'd want it, but it's still neat

System Name unnamed currently :*(
Processor Intel Core i7-5960x
Motherboard ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
Cooling EKWB/Bitspower CPU, motherboard & GPU WB
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4gb ddr4 2666
Video Card(s) nVidia GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 1 TB M.2 SSD & WD Black 5TB HDD
Display(s) Asus SwiftROG PG278Q & Asus PB277Q
Case Corsair 900D
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Zx
Power Supply Corsair Axi1200
Mouse Steel Series Sensei RAW
Keyboard Corsair K70
Benchmark Scores 4.8 ghz @ 1.37 - 5930k - old cpu 4.6 GHZ @ 1.3 - 5960X - current cpu
Crazy case for sure. Like the idea of 2 PC's in 1 case! Thinking about streamers with their 2 PC's now can be 1. Def will need a dolly and a person to help when you need to move the PC :(