• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

ok I get it now ...
there is so many differents componants, not easy to see clearly what can I do. Maybe I can open a new thread to ask what can we do with 1000e budget at the end of the year ...? something evolutive( just add the same GC to stay on top to play latest game for 5-6 years. With only one good screen =)

ok I get it now ...
there is so many differents componants, not easy to see clearly what can I do. Maybe I can open a new thread to ask what can we do with 1000e budget at the end of the year ...? something evolutive( just add the same GC to stay on top to play latest game for 5-6 years. With only one good screen =)

Yes.. A new thread would be best for that, we're running off-topic here. I'm just try to be helpful in my nature and helped anyway.

Bubble60

Hi,
I new to this type of stuff so please bear with me. I am very confused on how force SLI on my motherboard. I want to use SLI on my old gaming rig because I don't have money to buy a new one so if you don't mind please help me a bit.

Thanks

PC Specs:
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (Overclocked to 3.2 Ghz)
RAM - Corsair XMS2 8Gb DDR2 600 mhz
PSU - Corsair 800w something
GPU - EVGA GeForce 550TI SLI with SLI Bridge
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Hi,
I new to this type of stuff so please bear with me. I am very confused on how force SLI on my motherboard. I want to use SLI on my old gaming rig because I don't have money to buy a new one so if you don't mind please help me a bit.

Thanks

PC Specs:
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (Overclocked to 3.2 Ghz)
RAM - Corsair XMS2 8Gb DDR2 600 mhz
PSU - Corsair 800w something
GPU - EVGA GeForce 550TI SLI with SLI Bridge
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Well first you have to start off by telling us exactly the motherboard you are using. But secondly, HyperSLI only works with windows vista and windows 7, it's an old version. It can not and will not work with windows 10. So if you insist on staying with Microsoft Spyware *cough* I mean Windows 10, then you won't be able to use it unless you go back to at least windows 7.

Bubble60

So the motherboard I have is an Asus p5k-e wifi. I don't mind going back to windows 7 at all. But will this work tho with my motherboard? And sorry for replying late.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
SLI requires minimum of x8 to function, and dual x8-x8. Your motherboard only runs x4 for the second slot. That's probably why you're getting issues and problems. You can't run SLI on this board, even with Hyper-SLI. It's physically impossible.
So the motherboard I have is an Asus p5k-e wifi. I don't mind going back to windows 7 at all. But will this work tho with my motherboard? And sorry for replying late.
There's your answer, I looked up the specs for your board myself and it seems it wont run.

Go here: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P5KEWIFIAP/specifications/

Then scroll down to "Expansion Slots". I will copy here for you to see so it's easier:
Expansion Slots
2 x PCIe x16 (blue @ x16 mode, black @ x4 or x1 mode) supports CrossFire Technology
2 x PCIe x1
3 x PCI

Unfortunately your motherboard can not use Hyper-SLI, even if you used windows 7. Due to how nvidia works, nvidia requires the motherboard to have both pci-express slots at minimum 8x speed electrical, that is 8x8x. On your motherboard the second slot only runs at 4x. There is nothing you can do to make it run faster, even with HyperSLI, or any other software SLI system. You must have the physical connection first. It will never work on this motherboard, sorry.

I have a similar board with the blue x16 and black x4 lane; SLI is enabled using DifferentSLIAuto and it's working on Windows 10.

One thing I had to do was remove the x1 card (in lane #1) in order to enable the x4 on the second card. Hope it helps!

>> https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/P5K_DeluxeWiFiAP/specifications/

I'm sorry but the nvidia specification explicitly states x8 minimum to enable SLI, there is nothing software wise that can fake that, it's a hardware requirement. You can't enable SLI on x4 PCI-Express slot motherboards.

zirox

Hi could any one please help me am so lost and confused i have a TUF Z370-plus motherboard and i had no idea when i bought it it was only CF i thought all boards where SLI ready as long as they had 2 or more PCI slots. is this software still working ? i really!!! want to setup a 1080 TI SLI can any one tell me if this is possible or any program that still working/updated thanks.

Hi could any one please help me am so lost and confused i have a TUF Z370-plus motherboard and i had no idea when i bought it it was only CF i thought all boards where SLI ready as long as they had 2 or more PCI slots. is this software still working ? i really!!! want to setup a 1080 TI SLI can any one tell me if this is possible or any program that still working/updated thanks.

You should go here and click this: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-Z370-PLUS-GAMING/specifications/

Scroll down to "Expansion Slots", I'll copy this here for you to see:
Expansion Slots
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16, x8/x4+x4) *
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode)
4 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1

Unfortunately, there are two things that will prevent you from using GTX 1080 Ti SLI on this motherboard.
1.) As you see above, your system will only run 1 video card @ 16x, or when using two video cards it runs the first one at 8x and the second slot at 4x, then the remaining 4x is split among other slots. This is a problem because nvidia explicitly requires the system to have a minimum of 8x PCI-Express on -BOTH- slots in order to enable SLI. 8x-4x-4x does not meet this requirement and there is no software way to circumvent this. It is a hardware requirement by nvidia and there is nothing that can be done. You will have to deal with AMD or sell it and buy a motherboard that supports at least 8x-8x mode.
2.) Even if HyperSLI could make this some how work (It can't), HyperSLI only works in windows 7, and only with rather old (by today) drivers. These old drivers do not and will not support the Nvidia GTX-1000 line of cards, and Windows 7 does not work on Z370. So either way this software wouldn't be of any benefit for you anyway.

Also bear in mind, that even if you do find a Z370 system that runs 8x-8x for dual video cards, you won't be able to use the onboard m.2 NVME SSD slot on Z370 when running in SLI. There isn't enough bandwidth.

You only get 16x PCIE out of the CPU on Z370, and NVME PCIE SSD's require 4x. If you used 8x & 8x for two video cards, there's none left for anything else.

Last edited:

zirox

asfdasdsfdfdsfdsfds

You should go here and click this: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-Z370-PLUS-GAMING/specifications/

Scroll down to "Expansion Slots", I'll copy this here for you to see:
Expansion Slots
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16, x8/x4+x4) *
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode)
4 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1

Unfortunately, there are two things that will prevent you from using GTX 1080 Ti SLI on this motherboard.
1.) As you see above, your system will only run 1 video card @ 16x, or when using two video cards it runs the first one at 8x and the second slot at 4x, then the remaining 4x is split among other slots. This is a problem because nvidia explicitly requires the system to have a minimum of 8x PCI-Express on -BOTH- slots in order to enable SLI. 8x-4x-4x does not meet this requirement and there is no software way to circumvent this. It is a hardware requirement by nvidia and there is nothing that can be done. You will have to deal with AMD or sell it and buy a motherboard that supports at least 8x-8x mode.
2.) Even if HyperSLI could make this some how work (It can't), HyperSLI only works in windows 7, and only with rather old (by today) drivers. These old drivers do not and will not support the Nvidia GTX-1000 line of cards, and Windows 7 does not work on Z370. So either way this software wouldn't be of any benefit for you anyway.

Also bear in mind, that even if you do find a Z370 system that runs 8x-8x for dual video cards, you won't be able to use the onboard m.2 NVME SSD slot on Z370 when running in SLI. There isn't enough bandwidth.

You only get 16x PCIE out of the CPU on Z370, and NVME PCIE SSD's require 4x. If you used 8x & 8x for two video cards, there's none left for anything else.
oh wow that some really good information i really appreciate the help and time. looks like my dreams os running sli have been crushed my pc is already up and running not doing a new build just for sli.

Marukok

i need sli on Huanan X79

Attachments

• 2019-02-07_22-34-24.png
    2019-02-07_22-34-24.png
    240.8 KB · Views: 597

Isindule

i have a
M5A97 R2.0

and im trying to SLI 2 770s.

any link i try is deleted and that SLI patcher thing doesnt work.

PKBO

hello, anyone has working link for hypersli ? Or possible to upload it somewhere ? Want it for legacy 260,275,280 etc cards under XP-64 + kabylake.

Last edited:
hello, anyone has working link for hypersli ? Or possible to upload it somewhere ? Want it for legacy 260,275,280 etc cards under XP-64 + kabylake.
try with the mod different sli but basically that project is dead or unattended, it does not work with new drivers for more than a year

PKBO

iam ok with drivers like 285*** or ETC.. Different sli not working under XP for me, only w7. And SLI Patch causes bluescreen after reboot.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
i have a
M5A97 R2.0

and im trying to SLI 2 770s.

any link i try is deleted and that SLI patcher thing doesnt work.

Have you read any of the posts in this topic if you had you'd have seen several that say you specifically need x8-x8 on your PCIe slots
where as you have only x16-x4-x1 so no it wont work

1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (blue)
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode, black)
2 x PCIe 2.0 x1

madhatter427

Has anyone got SLI working on an MSI x470 gaming plus? I know the board is capable, but its not licensed for SLI use.

OssiAustria

Hey there everyone!

First off:I am a very BIG fan of retro gaming stuff and i am just playing around with older hardware for fun and pushing things to its limits.

Now heres the problem...actually i am using a HP Z230 Workstation (got this one for free as a sortout in my company), so far so good -its a nice machine imo.
Now i got my hands on two geforce 9800gt 1gb (one from Zotac the other one is a PNY - also for free
). These cards are able to use in sli, and of course i want to use it to see how they perform.
Now is the main problem that the mainbord isnt SLI "ready". I found this page with a mod to use SLI with every mainboard

So far so good, unfortunately, these stuff is really old and non of the links still work...
I got one of the mods working (autoSLI i think), but the only thing i get is a BSOD cause of the nvmllkmd.sys file.
I would really love to get this working and it drives me crazy i cant figure it out how to do it....
Can anybody help me with this?

System Specs:
HP Z230 Workstation
400W PSU
I7 - 4790
32gb 1600mhz DDR3
Zotac 9800gt ECO 1GB
PNY 9800gt ECO 1GB
SLI Bridge mounted
Mainboard- cant really tell

Btw: sorry if my english aint all correct, i am from Austria (not Australia) and my english isnt quite on top anymore