• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

No such com error using 3.xxxxx.yyy.z presets

PIC3.png

You should do a clean installed
dolby atmos for gaming contradict other dolby apps if you have install the other apps before

Restore endpoint registry
Kill RADARHOST.exe and two of DolbyDAXAPI.exe process on task manager
Uninstall all Dolby UWP apps
Delete all file and folder under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dolby\DAX3
Remove the whole APO Driver

Copy 3.xxxxx.yyy.z gaming preset file to
C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc
Install APO Driver with Dolby DAX API Service 3.xxxxx.yyy.z version
Use Product Config Tool, select Dolby Atmos for Gaming (v3) -> Apply

Install Dolby Atmos for Gaming UWP app
Launch the app

View attachment 105144

dolby atmos for gaming contradict other dolby apps if you have install the other apps before

Launch the app
Okay, I will try that out.

I also want to know if realtek audio driver works with it. Because i Couldn't get any sound from Realtek audio driver with Dolby Atmos for gaming. But was able to get sound from high definition audio driver.

After no error show up on Dolby App, then change the xml file if you have 5.1 or 7.1 speakers
For 5.1 or 7.1 speakers - Dolby DAX API Service 3.xxxxx.yyy.z
change from total_count="2" front_count="2" side_count="0" height_count="0" has_subwoofer="0" to
5.1 speakers: total_count="5" front_count="2" side_count="2" height_count="0" has_subwoofer="1"
7.1 speakers: total_count="7" front_count="2" side_count="2" height_count="2" has_subwoofer="1"

You need to add a Realtek EFX GUID {A29EB043-6CE2-4ee2-B38C-F58719E0D88F} on Composite Endpoint FX APO to prevent no audio out
PIC7.png

Apply Effect and Processing Modes Configurations
Restart Audio Services
Restart DolbyDAXAPI Services

Last edited:
Make sure you have used the fixed Dolby Atmos for Gaming 3.xxxxx.yyy.z preset
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ha2hw3dhd3mma0u/Dolby_UWP_Apps_External_Speakers_Settings.rar/file

Delete C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dolby\DAX3\Runtime.xml
Restart dolbydaxapi service

A huge thanks for all your hardwork, you deserve more than apprecation

After no error show up on Dolby App, then change the xml file if you have 5.1 or 7.1 speakers

You need to add a Realtek EFX GUID {A29EB043-6CE2-4ee2-B38C-F58719E0D88F} on Composite Endpoint FX APO to prevent no audio out
View attachment 105145

Apply Effect and Processing Modes Configurations
Restart Audio Services
Restart DolbyDAXAPI Services

Can you fix all dolby errors in next APO Driver

Last edited:
Hey Alan,
many thanks for driver,but you forget to include VIAPropPageExt.dll and VIASysFx.dll files in driver.

Capture.PNG

QSound from VIA driver work fantastic.

I give you link for via hd audio driver to add these two dll files and iclude it to your apo driver.

Via driver

Thanks

Hey Alan,
many thanks for driver,but you forget to include VIAPropPageExt.dll and VIASysFx.dll files in driver.

View attachment 105146
QSound from VIA driver work fantastic.

I give you link for via hd audio driver to add these two dll files and iclude it to your apo driver.

Via driver

Thanks

I have tested the 2 apo dll enhancement options not shown on non VIA chips, which only show disable all enhancement check box on the Tab on my realtek chip.
Just look APO Driver as audio driver plugin
VIA HD Audio Driver with builtin VIA apo + APO Driver plugin
Realtek HD Audio Driver with builtin Realtek apo + APO Driver plugin

putra_naz94

Help with issues. i tried with no problem, just the UWP Dolby Atmos 3.xx version but whenever i open Spatial sound tab it revert back to windows sonic and ask me to download dolby access. Atmos work after i install the driver but i cannot open the sounds tab or restart. then it will revert back to windows sonic and detect i don't have dolby access installed.
Untitled.jpg

@OMER did v3 presets work for you, also can you make your High quality preset for v3?

View attachment 105144

Launch the app
@alanfox2000 i didn't have do any of this. I just extracted the v3 presets for the third try and it worked. Thank you so much Alan. Your amazing IT Expert. One day I hope, I can be as good as you with computers, through college.

Last edited:
@OMER did v3 presets work for you, also can you make your High quality preset for v3?

@alanfox2000 i didn't have do any of this. I just extracted the v3 presets for the third try and it worked. Thank you so much Alan. Your amazing IT Expert. One day I hope, I can be as good as you with computers, through college.

v2 preset is better than v3, I tested it many times, v2 high quality preset has louder volume, v3 high quality preset is not at all good, it does not sounds loud despite of editing it to high quality, i'am using v2 high quality preset

v2 preset is better than v3, I tested it many times, v2 high quality preset has louder volume, v3 high quality preset is not at all good, it does not sounds loud despite of editing it to high quality, i'am using v2 high quality preset
Okay I will use that. Is your high quality Dolby Atmos for gaming preset a v2 preset?

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
That isn't entirely true. I have had Nahimic 3 working on ALC892 perfectly. It required the generic UAD driver to be installed as his (the owner of the system) processing configuration was LFX GFX which doesn't work with Nahimic 3.

The initial version Alanfox2000 uploaded worked on LFX GFX processing path too.

Want me to upload a video of installing Nahimic 3 UWP app offline?

no thanks, Romulus2K4. I found the problem - I did not mention what version of Windows I was using when I had the problem back then.
I did not use the latest version of Windows 10 (I had the Win10 v1709 release which Nahimic 3 didn't recognize my onboard ALC892 chip. I got Nahimic 3 working on my Gigabyte board after upgrading from v1709 to v1803 version of Win10, then re-installing APO driver and Nahimic 3 & things started to work). Guess I really needed to use the Windows 10 April 2018 Update / Redstone 4 version for Nahimic 3.

I have old Gigabyte M78SM-S2H board with ALC888 and all uwp and desktop enhancers work for me without problem and with ms hd audio driver and alanfox apo driver.

what version of Windows did you have?
I upgraded to Windows 10 build 17134 (aka. 1803 / Redstone 4) and then re-installed APO driver & Nahimic 3; then Nahimic 3 UWP app worked on my Gigabyte board. I could not get Nahimic 3 to work with an older release of Windows 10, so I had to update to the newest version of Win10.

i noticed that dolby atmos for gaming sound effect doesn't work for netflix app, the sound is so low in the app. But when i am playing from chrome, the sound loud and clear.

Can someone tell me why or if there is a way to fix thisl?
Also when i enable or disable(Causes audio output streams to check if channel layouts other than the default hardware layout are available.) Feature in chrome://flags, the sound doesn't work, like YouTube videos, just load but no sound, so then I have redo the fx configurator process to make Dolby Atmos for gaming to work again.

Last edited:
i noticed that dolby atmos for gaming sound effect doesn't work for netflix app, the sound is so low in the app. But when i am playing from chrome, the sound loud and clear.

Can someone tell me why or if there is a way to fix thisl?
Also when i enable or disable(Causes audio output streams to check if channel layouts other than the default hardware layout are available.) Feature in chrome://flags, the sound doesn't work, like YouTube videos, just load but no sound, so then I have redo the fx configurator process to make Dolby Atmos for gaming to work again.

I think this issue with v3 Dolby uwp app & fx configurator 2.1.6, uninstall 2.1.6, & install fx configurator 2.1.3, see if it has same problems as v3 dolbies, use 2.1.3 I'f you want problem less Dolby v2

I think Netflix disables audio enhancers

I think this issue with v3 Dolby uwp app & fx configurator 2.1.6, uninstall 2.1.6, & install fx configurator 2.1.3, see if it has same problems as v3 dolbies, use 2.1.3 I'f you want problem less Dolby v2

I think Netflix disables audio enhancers
It's fine I'll use v3. Netflix on chrome still works. As long v3's problems will get fixed soon.

wow even videos out side of chrome don't play, for example when you try to play a video from mpc-hc or windows movie and tv app, it just loads and sound or video. @alanfox2000 please fix these issues.

Last edited:

jihoon83

@alanfox2000 preset Dolby Atmos for Gaming "Default" on Speaker it working for me. I use headphone Preset not working and CPU high use. I try Preset 2.xxxx.yyy.zz for Dolby Atmos for Gaming it working.

@alanfox2000 I found error fix Preset Dolby Atmos for Gaming. Speaker and Headphone working. Files preset 3.xxxx.yyy.z

Attachments

• Preset v3.3.0 Dolby Atmos for Gaming.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

mmxx

Hi have creative x-fi (SB0880) I would like to get 720 in this card after installing the APO correctly still not working, it's possible get the 720 on this card

Last edited:
Hopefully the issues I was having in #721 and #723 are fixed and also v3 preset being reduced sound and loud. I'm going install the new apo driver.

realtek audio sound isn't working for after new apo driver but Dolby Atmos for gaming app is working with no sound. for example, it plays the video but no sound comes out. i did exactly what @alanfox2000 said in post #705 and it won't work. Please help me

Last edited: