• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA: Don't Expect Base 20-Series Pricing to Be Available at Launch

System Name Purple rain
Processor 10.5 thousand 4.2G 1.1v
Motherboard Zee 490 Aorus Elite
Cooling Noctua D15S
Memory 16GB 4133 CL16-16-16-31 Viper Steel
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Display(s) Acer XB241YU+Dell S2716DG
Case P600S Silent w. Alpenfohn wing boost 3 ARGBT+ fans
Audio Device(s) K612 Pro w. FiiO E10k DAC,W830BT wireless
Power Supply Superflower Leadex Gold 850W
Mouse G903 lightspeed+powerplay,G403 wireless + Steelseries DeX + Roccat rest
Keyboard HyperX Alloy SilverSpeed (w.HyperX wrist rest),Razer Deathstalker
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
I am not an nVidia fanboy but wow, so much nVidia bashing. Are the prices too high? I don't know. It really depends on your situation. According to the CEO they spent 10 years of R&D (definitely with numerous failures) to get to this point. It is just like pharmaceutical companies charge a lot of money for a new drug. They spent a lot of time with trials and failures to get the products market ready. They have to recoup the cost somehow. It is called capitalism at work. Don't like it, don't buy it. But calling others sucker for buying them? That is sour grapes.

We pre-ordered 2 because of one thing - tensor cores. Previously to get 600 tensor cores we had to shell out for Titan V @$3000 each. Now the 2080 ti packs the same tensor cores count at less than half the price. We have to try them out to see how they fare. It is a bargain in my opinion, but like I said, it depends on your situation. For gaming though, if they can do 4k very well, then I think it is an okay deal if you can afford it.

There are no better alternatives, gaming or work load-wise. AMD has nothing that is even close at this point.
They took a gamble going into developing AI and RT acceleration instead of raw compute power,time will tell whether that was a good decision in the long run, they're a smart company though they are ruthless at the same time.

System Name Main System
Processor i9-10940x
Motherboard MSI X299 Xpower Gaming AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + Second Fan
Memory G.Skill 64GB @3200MHz XMP
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix RTX 3090 24GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus; 2TB Corsair Force MP600; 2TB Samsung PM981a
Display(s) Dell U4320Q; LG 43MU79-B
Case Corsair A540
Audio Device(s) Creative Lab SoundBlaster ZX-R
Power Supply EVGA G2 1300
Mouse Logitech MK550
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum XT Brown Switches
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20 - 6910; FireStrike Ultra - 13241; TimeSpy Extreme - 10067; Port Royal - 13855
They took a gamble going into developing AI and RT acceleration instead of raw compute power,time will tell whether that was a good decision in the long run, they're a smart company though they are ruthless at the same time.

I don't know much about the gaming "compute" power here but I believe, or I think, they are seeing that they will hit a wall with diminished return soon or very soon (such as shaders tech). At some point different innovation will have to come along to replacing aging tech, right? I guess ray tracing is what they come up with.

Every successful company is ruthless.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
I don't know much about the gaming "compute" power here but I believe, or I think, they are seeing that they will hit a wall with diminished return soon or very soon (such as shaders tech). At some point different innovation will have to come along to replacing aging tech, right? I guess ray tracing is what they come up with.

They cant hit a wall soon ,, do you think panel makers and oems sit still, 8k is a year away at most , so shader tech still needs work , and Raytracing is not fully replacing rasterisation in the next decade ,imho.
Dont get me wrong though ,new tech , Innovation and ideas make me smile so im also tempted myself still ,but I await reviews and probably some settling time yet.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
since when performance between 1080 and 1080ti (worst case scenario for 2070) is entry level ? It's faster than AMD's current highest end liquid cooled hbm2 card that came out last year.

I didn't realize you had access to third party benchmarks. My bad.......

I am not an nVidia fanboy but wow, so much nVidia bashing. Are the prices too high? I don't know. It really depends on your situation. According to the CEO they spent 10 years of R&D (definitely with numerous failures) to get to this point. It is just like pharmaceutical companies charge a lot of money for a new drug. They spent a lot of time with trials and failures to get the products market ready. They have to recoup the cost somehow. It is called capitalism at work. Don't like it, don't buy it. But calling others sucker for buying them? That is sour grapes.

We pre-ordered 2 because of one thing - tensor cores. Previously to get 600 tensor cores we had to shell out for Titan V @$3000 each. Now the 2080 ti packs the same tensor cores count at less than half the price. We have to try them out to see how they fare. It is a bargain in my opinion, but like I said, it depends on your situation. For gaming though, if they can do 4k very well, then I think it is an okay deal if you can afford it.

There are no better alternatives, gaming or work load-wise. AMD has nothing that is even close at this point.

I hope the card is so amazing its price/performance is unbeatable.

That being said, if it's not, and suggestions are it's not, them making a 10 year mistake is on them, and people preordering and paying their price is only fueling their stupid idea.

I hope I'm wrong.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10

They cant hit a wall soon ,, do you think panel makers and oems sit still, 8k is a year away at most , so shader tech still needs work , and Raytracing is not fully replacing rasterisation in the next decade ,imho.
Dont get me wrong though ,new tech , Innovation and ideas make me smile so im also tempted myself still ,but I await reviews and probably some settling time yet.

To you both, technology always moves along but at an extreme end. The 8k panels are absolutely the toys of the rich. 4k is not even wildly adopted yet, nowhere close. 8k will not be supported in any meaningful way for years. 4k has been around for years and still, it's poorly implemented (only UHD Blu-Rays actually give full uncompressed detail - in the UK at least)

As for RT, I don't call playing 60fps at 1080p a great thing. It doesn't suit twitch gamers, nor does it suit people who have moved up to 1440p or 4k. There is no doubt, RT is an awesome step forward and I am sure Nvidia will bring it to close to us as the time passes. But paying such hideous amounts to play at (max?) 60 fps at HD res? Nah. Not a positive step. It's a backward trek.

I paid a lot for a 4k TV (OLED) 2-3 years ago, but it was working tech without compromise. RT from Nvidia is too early to call working tech (doesn't work at 1440p or 4k as far as I'm concerned). The hardware to deliver such hampered framerates does not justify the price. For uses outside gaming - by all means, but this is being sold as a gaming card and few gamers can afford a $1000 card.

There's also a deeply philosophical meaning here as well. People who liked to buy the top end used to pay 500 bucks (or pounds/euros). That was HD7970, or GTX680. That slowly crept up until last generation a GTX1080ti was UK £699, at launch, at least. That was pricey, for me. And I'm not in any way poor. Not rich, a bit off comfortable, but not poor. But to jump to £1000 (more like £1100) is actually hard to take. It's Nvidia saying to people without such a disposable income, "you're not good enough to buy our shit". People who could barely afford the last generation can no longer afford the new top line. That's actually damaging to self-esteem. It makes you feel 'poorer' because you can't afford what you were used to buying. Nvidia have intentionally jacked prices to (A) cover the loss of mining revenue, and (B) increase stock price by having such an item for sale.

I'd love to tell JSH what a fucking arsehole he is being by asking such a stupid price for a card to play games on. Then I'd probably rob him, steal his trendy Star Trek Next Gen style jacket and act all cool.

The saddest part, AMD WILL NOT be saving us anytime soon.

System Name Main System
Processor i9-10940x
Case Corsair A540
Mouse Logitech MK550
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20 - 6910; FireStrike Ultra - 13241; TimeSpy Extreme - 10067; Port Royal - 13855
I didn't realize you had access to third party benchmarks. My bad.......

I hope the card is so amazing its price/performance is unbeatable.

That being said, if it's not, and suggestions are it's not, them making a 10 year mistake is on them, and people preordering and paying their price is only fueling their stupid idea.

I hope I'm wrong.

For work load, if they continue to give me the same performance at 45% of the price, I will continue to fuel their idea.

For gaming though, I am not sure. I can see that they are trying to steer the industry to their ray tracing technology and AI in gaming. For existing games, the 20xx series will not have astounding improvement. However, if enough studios adopt this new tech and utilizing them in game along with in game improved AI, that is a winner within a year in my opinion. The performance improvement will be well worth it.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Means cards suck

System Name Main System
Processor i9-10940x
Case Corsair A540
Mouse Logitech MK550
Software Windows 10 Pro
To you both, technology always moves along but at an extreme end. The 8k panels are absolutely the toys of the rich. 4k is not even wildly adopted yet, nowhere close. 8k will not be supported in any meaningful way for years. 4k has been around for years and still, it's poorly implemented (only UHD Blu-Rays actually give full uncompressed detail - in the UK at least)

As for RT, I don't call playing 60fps at 1080p a great thing. It doesn't suit twitch gamers, nor does it suit people who have moved up to 1440p or 4k. There is no doubt, RT is an awesome step forward and I am sure Nvidia will bring it to close to us as the time passes. But paying such hideous amounts to play at (max?) 60 fps at HD res? Nah. Not a positive step. It's a backward trek.

I paid a lot for a 4k TV (OLED) 2-3 years ago, but it was working tech without compromise. RT from Nvidia is too early to call working tech (doesn't work at 1440p or 4k as far as I'm concerned). The hardware to deliver such hampered framerates does not justify the price. For uses outside gaming - by all means, but this is being sold as a gaming card and few gamers can afford a $1000 card.

There's also a deeply philosophical meaning here as well. People who liked to buy the top end used to pay 500 bucks (or pounds/euros). That was HD7970, or GTX680. That slowly crept up until last generation a GTX1080ti was UK £699, at launch, at least. That was pricey, for me. And I'm not in any way poor. Not rich, a bit off comfortable, but not poor. But to jump to £1000 (more like £1100) is actually hard to take. It's Nvidia saying to people without such a disposable income, "you're not good enough to buy our shit". People who could barely afford the last generation can no longer afford the new top line. That's actually damaging to self-esteem. It makes you feel 'poorer' because you can't afford what you were used to buying. Nvidia have intentionally jacked prices to (A) cover the loss of mining revenue, and (B) increase stock price by having such an item for sale.

I'd love to tell JSH what a fucking arsehole he is being by asking such a stupid price for a card to play games on. Then I'd probably rob him, steal his trendy Star Trek Next Gen style jacket and act all cool.

The saddest part, AMD WILL NOT be saving us anytime soon.

The price increase also partly due to inflation, cost of goods sold including salaries of their engineers, cost of manufacturing increase etc. There are so many factors. To pin that on mining is ridiculous. If I remember correctly their last 10Q mining was only $100M of their income or something like that. A low 10-15% overall.

Good stuff ain't cheap. Free stuff ain't good. So you just want stuff for free all the time?

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
So you just want stuff for free all the time?

Don't be so flippant. Happy to pay for premium stuff, if it delivers. I've owned 780ti (x2), 980ti (Kingpin) and my current card. But the increase in cost for the new card is highly disproportionate. Put it on a graph and come back and justify that to me.

Inflation is not 57% [£2080ti-£1080ti as a %]. BOM costs, salaries etc, not in any way related to such a hike in cost. The only thing is yield per wafer. Even then, none of that is likely to add to 57%. I'm afraid people were correct. The Titan model seemingly was an experiment in graphics card market capitalism. What will folks pay for the very top? Guess Nvidia took that to the bank and said, okay, next time, the xx80ti will replace the Titan in cost.

Anybody that believes a top end consumer 'gamers' graphics card should cost well above $1100/£1100 is smoking some hideous entitled shit.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
I'm curious, with all the new "cores" that are making the magic of Ray Tracing a thing, why are they only able to push 1080 60FPS unless they are losing graphics performance?

If the dedicated hardware not enough to perform all the work needed?

System Name unnamed currently :*(
Processor Intel Core i7-5960x
Motherboard ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
Cooling EKWB/Bitspower CPU, motherboard & GPU WB
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4gb ddr4 2666
Video Card(s) nVidia GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 1 TB M.2 SSD & WD Black 5TB HDD
Display(s) Asus SwiftROG PG278Q & Asus PB277Q
Case Corsair 900D
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Zx
Power Supply Corsair Axi1200
Mouse Steel Series Sensei RAW
Keyboard Corsair K70
Benchmark Scores 4.8 ghz @ 1.37 - 5930k - old cpu 4.6 GHZ @ 1.3 - 5960X - current cpu
I guess nVidia figured if you're going to spend several hundred and up on your gaming monitor why not sell their cards starting at $500

Ahh. Good old capitalism at it's best. Don't hate the player, hate the game lol

System Name Main System
Processor i9-10940x
Case Corsair A540
Mouse Logitech MK550
Software Windows 10 Pro
Don't be so flippant. Happy to pay for premium stuff, if it delivers. I've owned 780ti (x2), 980ti (Kingpin) and my current card. But the increase in cost for the new card is highly disproportionate. Put it on a graph and come back and justify that to me.

Inflation is not 57% [£2080ti-£1080ti as a %]. BOM costs, salaries etc, not in any way related to such a hike in cost. The only thing is yield per wafer. Even then, none of that is likely to add to 57%. I'm afraid people were correct. The Titan model seemingly was an experiment in graphics card market capitalism. What will folks pay for the very top? Guess Nvidia took that to the bank and said, okay, next time, the xx80ti will replace the Titan in cost.

Anybody that believes a top end consumer 'gamers' graphics card should cost well above $1100/£1100 is smoking some hideous entitled shit.

I don't mean to offend you, but you are the one showing your anger toward the CEO. Sounds like you are angry paying for the cards over the years.

I think price is slightly higher but justifiable. The 2080 ti is for the top end and for people that don't want to pay that, the 2080 is an option. It is faster than the 1080 ti but at a higher cost. The problem is people are anchored in that the ti is the top card and “should” be at a certain price point. I say buy what you can afford to pay if the performance gain gives you the satisfaction. Not everyone needs the top end cards.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
I don't mean to offend you, but you are the one showing your anger toward the CEO. Sounds like you are angry paying for the cards over the years.

I think price is slightly higher but justifiable. The 2080 ti is for the top end and for people that don't want to pay that, the 2080 is an option. It is faster than the 1080 ti but at a higher cost. The problem is people are anchored in that the ti is the top card and “should” be at a certain price point. I say buy what you can afford to pay if the performance gain gives you the satisfaction. Not everyone needs the top end cards.

Faster than 1080ti lolololol. You have good jokes.

Nvidia didn't think the naming through. They should have known it was going to be called Turding.

Lies on top of lies on top of meaningless/false accusations - it's getting really old already ;-)

1) NVIDIA doesn't force anyone to buy their GPUs. Let me repeat that, you are not forced to buy Turing GPUs ;-)
2) NVIDIA sets the prices as they see fit (actually they have very smart accountants/marketing staff). There's very little if any competition at the high end, so we're reaping the "benefits" of underperforming RTG.
3) Though async is not implemented in HW in Pascal, NVIDIA GPUs work just fine in games/benchmarks which use it.
4) Async gives a boost to AMD GPUs and NVIDIA doesn't benefit from it as much but it's because NVIDIA's D3D11/OpenGL hw/sw implementation is close to perfect (NVIDIA GPUs with lower theoretical performance have almost always outperformed "faster" AMD GPUs), thus async is basically a gimmick for NVIDIA GPUs.
5) Guys, if you have so much spare cash to burn, what your issue is? And if you don't, 1080p/1440p are perfectly served by GTX 1060/1070 (Ti) which are reasonably priced nowadays. Why are you moaning about the RTX series?

Edit: it's funny to have received four -1 ratings with zero rebuttals. Someone is hurting over buring their cash. LOL. 1st world problems, I see. :D

Last edited:
System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
For work load, if they continue to give me the same performance at 45% of the price, I will continue to fuel their idea.

For gaming though, I am not sure. I can see that they are trying to steer the industry to their ray tracing technology and AI in gaming. For existing games, the 20xx series will not have astounding improvement. However, if enough studios adopt this new tech and utilizing them in game along with in game improved AI, that is a winner within a year in my opinion. The performance improvement will be well worth it.

I am pretty sure that they changed the name to RTX instead of GTX because GTX is a gaming line and these RTX cards are clearly not focused on gaming. They don't seem to be able to push ray tracing to useful levels (1080@60, nah). This way, next gen they can relabel the 30 series as GTX because it will most likely bring ray tracing to a close to acceptable level and not tarnish the GTX name.

System Name Main System
Processor i9-10940x
Case Corsair A540
Mouse Logitech MK550
Software Windows 10 Pro
Faster than 1080ti lolololol. You have good jokes.

Nvidia didn't think the naming through. They should have known it was going to be called Turding.

So you don't think the 2080 will be faster than the 1080ti? History (the last 2 gen) has shown that is the case though.

980 > 780 ti
1080 > 980 ti

System Name RadActive Dragon & Black Dragon
Processor i7 5960X & 1090T
Motherboard Gigabyte X99-UD3P & Asus Sabertooth 990FX
Cooling EK EVO & Corsair H50
Memory GSkill TridentZ 32GBs 3200MHz & Vegeance 8GBs 1600MHz
Video Card(s) 2x 980Ti & 960 FTW
Storage Samsung Pro 256GB & Intel 120GB
Case Heavy modded Haf X & NZXT Apollo
Power Supply AX1200 & AX1200i
Software Windows 7 & Ubuntu 15.04
I can afford it but I refuse to pay it.

My GTX1080ti will keep me company for a while yet.
Same. I think I will skip out this generation of cards. The tech looks neat, but I never much cared to be an early adopter. Plus, considering I have not bought any PC games for over a year or two, I'm good.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
So you don't think the 2080 will be faster than the 1080ti? History (the last 2 gen) has shown that is the case though.

980 > 780 ti
1080 > 980 ti

Same clocks, same arch, less CCs. Do the math. Baloney tricks don't count.

System Name Main System
Processor i9-10940x
Case Corsair A540
Mouse Logitech MK550
Software Windows 10 Pro
Same clocks, same arch, less CCs. Do the math. Baloney tricks don't count.

The 2080 has higher base and boost clocks, and is a different architecture.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
The 2080 has higher base and boost clocks, and is a different architecture.

Zero to negligible increase, especially since everyone has AIB cards. And we know clocks don't do much for paxwellvolturing.

Citation required for "new".

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
NVIDIA: Don't Expect Base 20-Series Pricing to Be Available or even reasonable at Launch

Most likley priced high so they can sell their old stuff at a much higher cost. feel sorry for those who actually want a good video card.

System Name Main System
Processor i9-10940x
Case Corsair A540
Mouse Logitech MK550
Software Windows 10 Pro
Zero to negligible increase, especially since everyone has AIB cards. And we know clocks don't do much for paxwellvolturing.

Citation required for "new".

paxwellvolturing? What are you talking about? What does AIB have to do with new architecture?

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
paxwellvolturing? What are you talking about? What does AIB have to do with new architecture?

1080ti boost clocks are 18-1900. Sorry, no real clock increase will be had from 2080.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
I love a good thread drama with lots of facts! :respect: