• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

The Dolby Atmos Speaker System/Sound system xml set <output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable value="1"/> by default.
Dolby Atmos Xml turn off <output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable value="0"/>

I forget to change the Headphone xml sku value to DolbyAtmosSpeakerSystemForGaming. I have updated file, the download is the same link.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Dolby Atmos uwp v3 app+ v3preset got better with more high quality sound, with the update?

Or is v3 app+ v2 preset still more high quality sound and better?

So is v3 app and preset, now has higher quality sound than v2 app and preset?
XML 3.3.0 is from Realtek UAD with Dolby Test Driver and you can see the XML more options for testing laptop with Dolby integrated
Realtek still provide UAD with XML 3.2.0 to laptop manufacturer.

Someone saying Volume Leveler, Surround Virtualizer and Dialogue Enhancer not working with XML 3.3.0
XML 3.2.0 is stable, XML 3.3.0 for testing

XML 3.3.0 is from Realtek UAD with Dolby Test Driver and you can see the XML more options for testing laptop with Dolby integrated
Realtek still provide UAD with XML 3.2.0 to laptop manufacturer.

Someone saying Volume Leveler, Surround Virtualizer and Dialogue Enhancer not working with XML 3.3.0
XML 3.2.0 is stable, XML 3.3.0 for testing
Ok thank you for the explanation on the status. I will continue using the XML 3.2.0 with v3 app.

You could try by changing the ch_count = 2.1 then restart dolbydaxapi service and see if it works. If doesn't then could always change it back to ch_count = 2.

@Màthair 2.1 is almost always stereo which is usually 2 chn.
Doesn't work for me.. :/ No subwoofer on Y700 with Dolby atmos for gaming

BobaBrett

Thank you for the video. I have the ASUS Maximus Code IX do I need to uninstall Asus Stock realtek drivers before doin the steps in the video? I think you told me before I need to use HDA drivers then start installing APO drivers and APPX items. I want to do the Dolby Atmos for gaming. to see if its better than Asus Sonic Stuido 3. Thanks for the help again. =)

Thank you for the video. I have the ASUS Maximus Code IX do I need to uninstall Asus Stock realtek drivers before doin the steps in the video? I think you told me before I need to use HDA drivers then start installing APO drivers and APPX items. I want to do the Dolby Atmos for gaming. to see if its better than Asus Sonic Stuido 3. Thanks for the help again. =)
You don't need to deal with your installed audio driver. You can restore endpoint registry to use Sonic Studio 3. Dolby Atmos for Gaming turn off this feature by default. <output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable value="0"/> . To have all feature enable, use Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming.
DSRHost.exe running on the process background which is for Dolby Radar to function. If you don't need the Dolby Radar, use Dolby Atmos Speaker System.

Doesn't work for me.. :/ No subwoofer on Y700 with Dolby atmos for gaming
Did Headphones works?
Try Y730 preset on your Y700
https://github.com/alanfox2000/real...lenovo_ideapad/ext_lenovo_y730-17ich_rs4_v222

---------------------------------------------------------------

If audio effects are't changed,
make sure you have select the correct endpoint before using Product Config Tool and checkbox "Disable all Enhancement (Current Select Endpoint)" is unchecked.

PIC2.png
PIC1.png

Last edited:

ts61fa

Hi, i got a desktop pc with asus rog vi hero (x370) mobo. I got a 2.1 speaker system with composite audio cable attached to my mobo. Can I also make use of this mods to use Dolby Atmos etc.., or is it only for headphones?
I actually tried the tutorial and managed to install Dolby atmos sound system but it doesnt work, the audio doesnt change at all. Im not sure if I have to do something before with my realtek driver. I have ''normal'' high definition audio driver (not realtek). Is that enough or do I have to do extra? I just cant seem to understand why its not working.
thx in advance!

fireroux

Hi guys , do you guys have any recommend for audio enhancer . only for listen music on Spotify and Youtube , sometime watch Anime . My device is laptop + in-ear headphone Sony . Thanks a lot

Benjamin1911

Cannot find folderpath "creative\softwarelock" after installation of SB connect 2, anyone else with that problem?

D

Deleted member 181800

You don't need to deal with your installed audio driver. You can restore endpoint registry to use Sonic Studio 3. Dolby Atmos for Gaming turn off this feature by default. <output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable value="0"/> . To have all feature enable, use Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming.
DSRHost.exe running on the process background which is for Dolby Radar to function. If you don't need the Dolby Radar, use Dolby Atmos Speaker System.

Did Headphones works?
Try Y730 preset on your Y700
https://github.com/alanfox2000/real...lenovo_ideapad/ext_lenovo_y730-17ich_rs4_v222

---------------------------------------------------------------

If audio effects are't changed,
make sure you have select the correct endpoint before using Product Config Tool and checkbox "Disable all Enhancement (Current Select Endpoint)" is unchecked.

View attachment 107154
View attachment 107156
As I say in your blog and I repeat it again, I followed the steps correctly and I have even done it several times reinstalling everything and nothing, no application is able to modify the sound.

I just found out that the big problem with this is the FX configurator of APO and the Viper4Windows configurator that neither of these saves the configuration of the effects and the processing

In my case, when selecting the correct device and applying the product configuration (Sound Blaster X-fi MB 5), it is shown that it is configured and you can see that the registry keys are added, but when you select my device again, these keys disappear. that is, all the settings disappear and this means that the settings are not saved.

the problem is that fx configurator can not access regedit or does not have sufficient permission
1537500458812.png1537500510170.png1537500573598.png1537500670203.png1537500740202.png
when I install Realtek driver mod by alanfox or realtek extreme fidelity audio driver by alan finote, all the audio enhancers work perfectly, but when I want to use all the APO driver package and its complement never works, they do not modify my sound

Last edited by a moderator:

fireroux

As I say in your blog and I repeat it again, I followed the steps correctly and I have even done it several times reinstalling everything and nothing, no application is able to modify the sound.

I just found out that the big problem with this is the FX configurator of APO and the Viper4Windows configurator that neither of these saves the configuration of the effects and the processing

In my case, when selecting the correct device and applying the product configuration (Sound Blaster X-fi MB 5), it is shown that it is configured and you can see that the registry keys are added, but when you select my device again, these keys disappear. that is, all the settings disappear and this means that the settings are not saved.

the problem is that fx configurator can not access regedit or does not have sufficient permission
View attachment 107293View attachment 107294View attachment 107295View attachment 107296View attachment 107297
when I install Realtek driver mod by alanfox or realtek extreme fidelity audio driver by alan finote, all the audio enhancers work perfectly, but when I want to use all the APO driver package and its complement never works, they do not modify my sound
I think you should edit ini file for that . i did it , very easy

View attachment 107293View attachment 107294View attachment 107295View attachment 107296View attachment 107297

They should be SetACL64.exe on the Temp folder, C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Temp. It use to take permission of the registry, turn off the anti virus to prevent delete that file and also run FX Configurator as admin.

Benjamin1911

Cannot find folderpath "creative\softwarelock" after installation of SB connect 2, anyone else with that problem?

So I created the filepath and put the file inside it, restarted and SB connect 2 says "Your audio device cannot be detected. Please check your connection."
I installed the prereq files and did as it said in the pastebin. am i missing something?

update: Audio still works, but i cannot use SB connect

update 2: Trying to reinstall now, am I supposed to install all folders?

update 3: still not working(same message,device cannot be detected), installed just the sbconnect app this time.

update 4: Reinstalled realtek drivers following this post(link) and then installed as per described, still get the same error

Still dont know if i should install the other setups in the sbconnect folder

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 181800

They should be SetACL64.exe on the Temp folder, C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Temp. It use to take permission of the registry, turn off the anti virus to prevent delete that file and also run FX Configurator as admin.
the antivirus is disabled and even this file is there still.
help me, please, because the audio does not change, there is no change in the sound. The effects do not work
I have done everything under his instructions and the apps to improve the sound run fine but it does not make any change in the sound.

When I try to change something in any app like x-fi mb5 or dolby atmos UWP, the sound cuts and comes back. It's as if the effect wants to work but it does not

I think you should edit ini file for that . i did it , very easy
Did you solve? Did you have the same problem as me, that the sound does not change when you set something up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin1911

So I created the filepath and put the file inside it, restarted and SB connect 2 says "Your audio device cannot be detected. Please check your connection."
I installed the prereq files and did as it said in the pastebin. am i missing something?

update: Audio still works, but i cannot use SB connect

update 2: Trying to reinstall now, am I supposed to install all folders?

update 3: still not working(same message,device cannot be detected), installed just the sbconnect app this time.

update 4: Reinstalled realtek drivers following this post(link) and then installed as per described, still get the same error

Still dont know if i should install the other setups in the sbconnect folder

Is this correct? I feel like this is not right.. :-O

Update: Don't know what i did. but now it says its using realtek drivers

Will try to install sound enhancers now

Is this correct? I feel like this is not right.. :-O

Update: Don't know what i did. but now it says its using realtek drivers

Will try to install sound enhancers now

Final update: Great news, it works. have no idea how i did it, didnt update KGA files thru 3-4 reinstalls, installed realtek drivers, applied patch, installed apo, product config tool, installed SBconnect 2, ran the application right after installation and it worked. btw how do i enable the scout mode? says it is not installed. and does HOAL(input) work with apo aswell?
And will it work to install software straight from creative?

Final final update: Installed everything in the folder, now scout is available .
Btw, scout sucks. Anyone favourite? I like the sound of atmos, maybe go for that one?

Last edited:
the antivirus is disabled and even this file is there still.
help me, please, because the audio does not change, there is no change in the sound. The effects do not work
I have done everything under his instructions and the apps to improve the sound run fine but it does not make any change in the sound.

When I try to change something in any app like x-fi mb5 or dolby atmos UWP, the sound cuts and comes back. It's as if the effect wants to work but it does not

Did you solve? Did you have the same problem as me, that the sound does not change when you set something up?
Select Endpoint -> Jump to FX Properties Key -> It should look like this HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render\{bf340190-12c8-40ec-9ffa-8843d72682e3}\FX Properties Key.
{bf340190-12c8-40ec-9ffa-8843d72682e3} is the Endpoint GUID, your Endpoint GUID is different from this.

Take the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render\{bf340190-12c8-40ec-9ffa-8843d72682e3} ownership manually using RegOwnershipEx. Then use Product Config Tool again
https://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.210

D

Deleted member 181800

Select Endpoint -> Jump to FX Properties Key -> It should look like this HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render\{bf340190-12c8-40ec-9ffa-8843d72682e3}\FX Properties Key.
{bf340190-12c8-40ec-9ffa-8843d72682e3} is the Endpoint GUID, your Endpoint GUID is different from this.

Take the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render\{bf340190-12c8-40ec-9ffa-8843d72682e3} ownership manually using RegOwnershipEx. Then use Product Config Tool again
https://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.210
I was sure that the problem was the missing permits thanks, now if I work but I can apply other products configuration. That is, you can combine keys, to use for example: DTS UWP with X-fi MB5?

I was sure that the problem was the missing permits thanks, now if I work but I can apply other products configuration. That is, you can combine keys, to use for example: DTS UWP with X-fi MB5?
Check the earlier post on this thread, multiple audio enhancer on same endpoints cause audio distortion.
But if you want multiple audio enhancers on one endpoint, you need to make your own APO ini config.
http://puresoftapps.blogspot.com/2018/05/customize-your-multiples-audio-effects.html
Use only one audio enhancers on one endpoint is recommends. I recommend the following set up if you want both audio enhancers.
Speaker endpoint: X-fi MB5
Headphone endpoint: DTS UWP (DTS HPX Only)

D

Deleted member 181800

Check the earlier post on this thread, multiple audio enhancer on same endpoints cause audio distortion.
But if you want multiple audio enhancers on one endpoint, you need to make your own APO ini config.
http://puresoftapps.blogspot.com/2018/05/customize-your-multiples-audio-effects.html
Use only one audio enhancers on one endpoint is recommends. I recommend the following set up if you want both audio enhancers.
Speaker endpoint: X-fi MB5
Headphone endpoint: DTS UWP (DTS HPX Only)
I thank you, now I made Viper4Windows work with the configurator but for it to work I had to activate and deactivate DTS digital entertaiment so that Viper4Windows works

22/9/2018
APO Driver 2.2.3
- Fix DTS Audio Desktop App Win7+ and Win8.1+ Product Config
- Add support for both DTS Custom Desktop and UWP apps
- Add support for both DTS Sound Desktop and UWP apps
- Update FX Configurator to 2.0.1.4
- Update Dolby DAX API Service 3.xxxxx.yyy.z requirement (At least Win10 RS3)

FX Configurator 2.0.1.4
- Adjust SetACL commands to take ownership of registry keys

New Realtek UAD use DTS Universal APO version 4 dll on some new Toshiba laptop.
May be some some another new DTS UWP app release recently?
I am searching Toshiba website to find DTS Universal APO 4 dll and related app.

Hardware ID of these new Toshiba laptop.
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0285&SUBSYS_1179078E
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0285&SUBSYS_11790790

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 181800

New Realtek UAD use DTS Universal APO version 4 dll on some new Toshiba laptop.
May be some some another new DTS UWP app release recently?
I am searching Toshiba website to find DTS Universal APO 4 dll and related app.

Hardware ID of these new Toshiba laptop.
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0285&SUBSYS_1179078E
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0285&SUBSYS_11790790
Hello Alan, how can I join the group of A.R.I.S.E 4 Windows on telegram since I get an error, it's as if the group is only private.
https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEFlOpJW_2VFpLjrkQ