• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

issues with corsair

System Name Velka
Processor R5 3600
Motherboard MSI MPG X570
Cooling Wraith stealth
Memory Corsair vengeance 3000mhz
Video Card(s) RX 6650xt
Storage Crucial P1 1TB/ 1tb WD blue
Display(s) MSI MAG301RF + Insignia NS-PMG248
Case Corsair 400r
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Logitech G305
Keyboard Redragon K556
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores No thanks
So let me get this off my chest, I wanna like my corsair products, but I cant. I have owned 2 corsair scimitars (current is a replacement they sent for the first), 2 K65 lux (yet again replacement to the first) and 3 Void pro wireless (have had 2 replacements). They all have great build quality but are plagued by constant issues. My 2 scimitars have had an issue with random disconnections, the 3 void wireless I have had have had numerous issues with the headphones dying at full charge, not charging at all, volume adjustment crashes icue, surround sound crashes icue and constant crackling noises at any volume. The 2 k65 have had issues with the rgb lighting not working and flickering on and off and a new issue that happened today that pushed me to write this. For no reason in the middle of typing my backspace stopped working so I assumed it was icue going crazy again so I restart my pc upon getting to the log in screen my keyboard isnt working at all but the lights at the top are on. So i switch usb ports and no luck, I then take it out to the laptop we keep in the dining room and yet again no luck. So i finally take to google and i cant find anything on how to fix this other than a hard reset of my keyboard. So I decide to do this upon realization in order to the the hard reset I have to get files from corsair support which iv never had respond faster than 3-4 days. So now im stuck with a Razer keyboard until support decides to get back to me. I originally switched to Corsair to get away from Razers issues, but have found that corsair has just as many issues.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Hummm....seems like you've had a really long, bad string of issues with your peripherals....

I've always had good luck with every Corsair product I've bought, including cases, KB's, coolers etc... But I run a very lean and clean system though....

I would suggest you CALL them instead of emailing them though, perhaps you can get your issues resolved faster that way. I called them 1 time about an issue with my front USB ports acting up on my Air 540, they ran thru a few questions and then sent me a replacement panel free of charge via overnite FedEx, and did not even ask for the bad one back....

It may also be a good time for you to do a thorough review and cleanup of your system hardware, windows installation, as well as all drivers and 3rd party softwares.... It could be some random conflicts/incompatabilities that are causing some or all of these problems....

Last edited:
System Name Velka
Processor R5 3600
Motherboard MSI MPG X570
Cooling Wraith stealth
Video Card(s) RX 6650xt
Case Corsair 400r
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G305
Keyboard Redragon K556
Software Windows 10
Hummm....seems like you've had a really long, bad string of issues with your peripherals....

I've always had good luck with every Corsair product I've bought, including cases, KB's, coolers etc... But I run a very lean and clean system though....

I would suggest you CALL them instead of emailing them though, perhaps you can get your issues resolved faster that way.
It may also be a good time for you to do a thorough review and cleanup of your system hardware, windows installation, as well as all drivers and 3rd party softwares.... It could be some random conflicts/incompatabilities that are causing some or all of these problems....
Iv already done multiple clean installs not to mention iv used these on other pc's and all the devices have shown the same issues on other pc's.
it really just comes down to bad luck I feel

Processor Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor
Motherboard ASUS ProArt Z790-CREATOR WIFI
Cooling EKWB EK-AIO 360 D-RGB
Memory Corsair VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 6600MHz C32 Memory Kit — Black
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING
Storage Samsung 1TB 990 PRO
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q x2
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Premium Gaming Headset
Power Supply Corsair RMi Series RM850i High-Performance ATX Power Supply
Mouse Corsair SCIMITAR RGB Optical MOBA/MMO Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Corsair STRAFE RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — CHERRY® MX Silent
Software Microsoft Windows 11 PRO
If you have a friend that uses Corsair products, try to test your peripherals there in order to confirm that it is not a software or hardware related ( I'm talking about your PCs USB ports or electrical infrastucture ) issue.

While you were there, try to force update the firmwares of your peripherals there as well.

If you continue have have similar issues this will confirm that your peripherals are the main reason.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
So let me get this off my chest, I wanna like my corsair products, but I cant. I have owned 2 corsair scimitars (current is a replacement they sent for the first), 2 K65 lux (yet again replacement to the first) and 3 Void pro wireless (have had 2 replacements). They all have great build quality but are plagued by constant issues. My 2 scimitars have had an issue with random disconnections, the 3 void wireless I have had have had numerous issues with the headphones dying at full charge, not charging at all, volume adjustment crashes icue, surround sound crashes icue and constant crackling noises at any volume. The 2 k65 have had issues with the rgb lighting not working and flickering on and off and a new issue that happened today that pushed me to write this. For no reason in the middle of typing my backspace stopped working so I assumed it was icue going crazy again so I restart my pc upon getting to the log in screen my keyboard isnt working at all but the lights at the top are on. So i switch usb ports and no luck, I then take it out to the laptop we keep in the dining room and yet again no luck. So i finally take to google and i cant find anything on how to fix this other than a hard reset of my keyboard. So I decide to do this upon realization in order to the the hard reset I have to get files from corsair support which iv never had respond faster than 3-4 days. So now im stuck with a Razer keyboard until support decides to get back to me. I originally switched to Corsair to get away from Razers issues, but have found that corsair has just as many issues.

Best thing, don't buy corsair

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I own a heap of corsair periperhals and i've seen no issues like those you are describing... i'd be very tempted to lean towards some faulty USB port frying all that hardware

Processor Intel i7 970 // Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus Rampage III Formula // Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Cooling Zalman CNPS9900MaxB // Zalman CNPS11X
Memory GSkill 2133 12GB // Corsair V 2400 32GB
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080 // MSI GTX1070
Storage Samsung 870EVO // Samsung 840P
Display(s) HP w2207h
Case CoolerMaster Stacker 830se // Lian Li PC-9F
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Seasonic X 850w Gold // EVGA 850w G2
Mouse Logitech G502SE HERO, G9
Keyboard Dell
Software W10 Pro 22H2
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Wireless are subject to interference and can cause problems no matter what distance separates dongle and keyboard/mouse.

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
In the beginning, if it said Corsair on the label, you could be sure you had a quality, reliable product. But I think as the rave reviews flowed in, they got greedy and too big for their britches. We saw it big time with their PSUs when they changed suppliers and fail rates (and complaints) skyrocketed - at least with their lower tier supplies. Their top tier are still top tier, IMO.

I personally have had several quality consistency problems with several of their cases. We built 3 systems for a client using 300r cases. One was just fine. The second had poorly finished sheet metal edges that would slice your knuckles. The third was not "true" - that is, the case was warped, it would only sit on 3 out of 4 feet and would wobble. This causes a concern with excessive stress at motherboard mounting points. And note the box the case came in was in perfect condition so it left the factory that way.

A colleague has had to return 2 Corsair keyboards. One was DOA and the replacement stopped working properly after about 3 months.
Wireless are subject to interference and can cause problems no matter what distance separates dongle and keyboard/mouse.
That's like says Honda's engines can fail. Yes they can, but how likely?

I have wireless keyboards and mice on all our systems here - including 3 in this small office. That's 6 wireless devices (and two wireless phone handsets) in the same 12x14 foot room. No interference problems here. And there is a wireless keyboard and mouse used in the living room that sits about 12 feet away from the dongle. No distance and interference problems there. And there are 6 wireless remotes for the home theater equipment and a wireless phone handset in the same room and none interfere with each other.

Just because something is subject to a problem does not mean the problem will happen or is even prevalent.

The wires with wired keyboards and mice are subject to getting tangled up in your feet! :kookoo:

You really can't judge the Corsair label by anything as they just basically resell stuff other people make and slap their logo on it. based upon boardroom "how much can we make in this' decisions, quality can vary each time an OEM purchase desicion is made. I often have to just smile and shake my head when reading a post that Corsairs [insert product name here][ is better or worse than another brand when both where made on the same platform using the same parts by the same people on the same production lines. Even within the same product lines one can be great while another not much.

Memory - Up thru DDR3, after Mushkin, Corsair was the 2nd choice among enthusiasts. Nowadays, I don't see anyone as standing above anyone else.

PSUs - Some great products, some crappy products, mostly pretty good much like most everybody else. My 1st choice is Seasonic but in many cases you can byt the same Seasonic product which has been OEM's to someone else for a lot less.... these are all basically the same product:
-Antec High Current Gamer (M) 400-620 , XFX Core 450-550, XFX TS 550 Bronze, Seasonic S12II Bronze , Seasonic M12II Bronze 520-620. The Cordsair650 TX was made by Seasonic as was the 750 / 850 TX2, HX 520-650, most of the Cosair AX series. But others in those lines were made by Flextronics and CWT that were also very good.... others by Great Wall ... er, not so much.

Peripherals - Not a big fan. For KB and Muse, Im done with wireless... to many lost connections, freezes and battery deaths at inopportune times. For headphones, my choice has been the Logitech G930 / G933. My son has a $350 pair of wired Sennheisrers and the G933 and he mostly uses the wireless.The KB / Mice cables have are almost not visible... KB wire goes out the back of the KB drawer and bever see it again ... mouse goes about 9" into the cable hole on the desk return. With the headset, not much of an issue for me but my son is 6-4 was continually having his head twisted around when he stood up, till he ripped the cable out. It was while he bought a temporary headset while waiting for a repair that he tried the G930.

CLCs - Literally wouldn't use any CLC ... we will not install them even if provided by user.

Cases - They make some very good cases ... but since Phanteks arrived on the scene, its kinda like the 1060 / 480 choice... came pretty close to matching the 1060 but fell just a little bit short. Since 2014, id say about 80% of builds we've done had Phanteks cases, 10% Corsair and 10% other.

Fans - The DCV stuff is OK, ... just not a top performer . The PWM is a bit troubled
https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-...m-rad-fans-going-very-exact-spec-needs-4.html

System Name Dumbass
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
That's like says Honda's engines can fail. Yes they can, but how likely?

I have wireless keyboards and mice on all our systems here - including 3 in this small office. That's 6 wireless devices (and two wireless phone handsets) in the same 12x14 foot room. No interference problems here. And there is a wireless keyboard and mouse used in the living room that sits about 12 feet away from the dongle. No distance and interference problems there. And there are 6 wireless remotes for the home theater equipment and a wireless phone handset in the same room and none interfere with each other.
what part of "Subject to" did you intentionally ignore and then spew the usual user gibberish that you dont have a problem?

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
"Subject to" and "can" imply the same thing. Just because any wireless device (including wifi, your TV remote, cell phone, or mouse) is "subject to" interference, and "can" cause problems with other devices, that does NOT suggest they will be affected by, or cause interference. Nor does it mean they should automatically be avoided. So IMO, your point, and your typical subsequent personal attack was pointless "gibberish".

John Naylor is correct and brings up a valid point about batteries dying. But all my wireless keyboards and mice (from various makers) have an LED indicator that flashes when the battery charge gets low, but well before connection is lost. So for me, that is not a problem. I do, however, recommend rechargeable batteries. On this computer, which is used heavily, I have to replace the batteries about every 4 months. I am sure I have recouped my money for the rechargeables over regular batteries by now. But of course, that has nothing to do with Corsair.
You really can't judge the Corsair label by anything as they just basically resell stuff other people make and slap their logo on it.
The facts are, that's how many products are sold these days. That is good and bad. It does in effect, limit the number of choices for consumers. But that also means (in theory anyway) the prices should be lower as more OEM units are made.

When I was talking about lost connections, i was ignoring dead / dying batteries ... I have had connections drop with full batteries and were always a PITA to "reconnect" ... I felt like the unlucky family member tryting to get twp parrties to talk to one another before the upcoming wedding over some perceived slight that happened 17 years ago.

And yes ... it is true that any products are sold that way .... even when its a product only offered by a single vendor. The point here is if yu are asked which of the following are true :

a) Corsair makes crappy PSUs
b) Corsair makes average PSUs
c) Corsair makes good PSUs
d) Corsair makes superb PSUs

The question can't be answered without adding option e) all of the above. No different than asking "which brand laptop is best ?" When examining a purchase ... we start by picking a chassis ... enclosure, screen, KB / TP, MoBo amd then picking the rest as add-ons. Answer depends on what components are inside and which ones you got to pick.

a) who is the OEM ?
b) is it an OEM design or did the seller design it and contract out construction ?
c) What components are inside ?
d) How does it perform ?

Knowing which products were built on the same platform is a big advantage as ypu can compare pricing and pik the best for you. Here i US, ya can grab a Seasonic GB Bronze budget PSU for as little as $30 ... the Antec / XFX versions are substantially more.... down under however, the Seasonics are pretty expensive and the Antec is quite affordable.

And some product lines just go away. For abut 20 years, when shopping for RAM always looked at Mushkin 1st ... when you'd go on the enthusiast OC web sites you'd see crazy OCs and voltages as high as 1.94. Everything else was crapping out above 1.75. As production lines improved and vendors switched to less expensive modules, they kep sourcing from premium vendors. Corsair's Vengeance pro DDR3 and Dominator lines for 2400 were sold at 10-12-12-28... but after ver 4.51, the switched suppliers and timings dropped to 10-12-12-31. With DDR4, they were initially extremely hard to source and while now that's less so, usually have to go to smaller sellers to "get the good stuff'.

System Name Dumbass
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
"Subject to" and "can" imply the same thing. Just because any wireless device (including wifi, your TV remote, cell phone, or mouse) is "subject to" interference, and "can" cause problems with other devices, that does NOT suggest they will be affected by, or cause interference. Nor does it mean they should automatically be avoided. So IMO, your point, and your typical subsequent personal attack was pointless "gibberish".
to suggest wireless will never be affected by anykind of interference is ignorant. Wireless has improved considerably in the last decade, interference does not happen as much anymore, but still happens. You being a techy should know better. The rest was not a personal attack, just stating fact.
EDIT: wording
The question can't be answered without adding option e) all of the above.
option e) should still be added. :p

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
to suggest wireless not be affected by interference is ignorant. Wireless has improved considerably in the last decade, interference does not happen as much anymore, but still happens. You being a techy should know better. The rest was not a personal attack, just stating fact.

option e) should still be added. :p

Okay everything that's Wireless will be interfered with at some point or another but for this guy to have as many problems as he had I think it might be time he switch brands.

USB wireless adapters I typically will get a extension cable whether it's for keyboards or Bluetooth to get it out from back of the Tower. In the United States there's a FCC notification about this.

System Name Velka
Processor R5 3600
Motherboard MSI MPG X570
Cooling Wraith stealth
Video Card(s) RX 6650xt
Case Corsair 400r
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G305
Keyboard Redragon K556
Software Windows 10
Honestly once the opportunity presents itself I will more than likely replace all my corsair peripherals. I did see a couple people say it could be a usb issue, its possible but unlikely due to the fact that the original corsair products I had were on a completely different system than the one im currently using. Most the issues I have with everything seems related to Cue software. Corsairs software seems to be the biggest culprit with things going wrong with peripherals.

System Name Dumbass
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Okay everything that's Wireless will be interfered with at some point or another but for this guy to have as many problems as he had I think it might be time he switch brands.

USB wireless adapters I typically will get a extension cable whether it's for keyboards or Bluetooth to get it out from back of the Tower. In the United States there's a FCC notification about this.
fixed my post for wording.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Honestly once the opportunity presents itself I will more than likely replace all my corsair peripherals. I did see a couple people say it could be a usb issue, its possible but unlikely due to the fact that the original corsair products I had were on a completely different system than the one im currently using. Most the issues I have with everything seems related to Cue software. Corsairs software seems to be the biggest culprit with things going wrong with peripherals.
Probably sloppy coding

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
to suggest wireless will never be affected by anykind of interference is ignorant.
Come on! I NEVER said that. Can't you debate a topic without misrepresenting what others say?

To use your own words in the hope you can understand them, what part of "Subject to" do you not understand? No one here, including me, NEVER EVER said wireless devices are "never" subject to anykind of interference. :kookoo: So why are you misrepresenting what was said? That is just not cool! :(
You being a techy should know better. The rest was not a personal attack, just stating fact.
I am not just a techy. I am a certified air traffic control RADIO communications technician, as seen through the link in my sig. So yes, I know a little bit about RF and EMI/RFI. And yes, telling a poster their comments are gibberish is a personal affront.
Okay everything that's Wireless will be interfered with at some point or another
Sorry, but that is just not true. There is no reason to suggest "everything" that's wireless "will" be interfered with.

Contrary to what some lawn creatures and a few others seem to think, electrical engineers are not dumb. They know what causes interference and they know how to prevent unwanted emanations from RF generating devices, and they know how to shield interference from sensitive devices.

They even know how to use "channels" and "pairing" to ensure 10 identical wireless keyboards and 10 identical wireless mice in the same office do NOT interfere with each other, with other wireless devices, or be interfered with by nearby emanating devices.

Engineers know how to design wireless access points to automatically select less crowded wifi channels on crowded bands. And guess what? It works!

Cell phones in overcrowded metropolitan areas work just fine without "walking over" each other!

The fact of the matter is, true interference is typically caused by a faulty or physically damaged component or device and not just because some other wireless device is nearby.

...is ignorant.
What's being ignorant is suggesting a keyboard or mouse will somehow be problematic just because it is wireless. That's total nonsense.

Is a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse the best solution for everyone? Of course not!
Is a wired mouse and keyboard the best solution for everyone? Of course not.

System Name Dumbass
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
No one here, including me, NEVER EVER said wireless devices are "never" subject to anykind of interference.

geee, thats what i said originally.

I am not just a techy. I am a certified air traffic control RADIO communications technician
sorry beavis, you are just a techy here, like the rest of us

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Come on! I NEVER said that. Can't you debate a topic without misrepresenting what others say?

To use your own words in the hope you can understand them, what part of "Subject to" do you not understand? No one here, including me, NEVER EVER said wireless devices are "never" subject to anykind of interference. :kookoo: So why are you misrepresenting what was said? That is just not cool! :(
I am not just a techy. I am a certified air traffic control RADIO communications technician, as seen through the link in my sig. So yes, I know a little bit about RF and EMI/RFI. And yes, telling a poster their comments are gibberish is a personal affront.
Sorry, but that is just not true. There is no reason to suggest "everything" that's wireless "will" be interfered with.

Contrary to what some lawn creatures and a few others seem to think, electrical engineers are not dumb. They know what causes interference and they know how to prevent unwanted emanations from RF generating devices, and they know how to shield interference from sensitive devices.

They even know how to use "channels" and "pairing" to ensure 10 identical wireless keyboards and 10 identical wireless mice in the same office do NOT interfere with each other, with other wireless devices, or be interfered with by nearby emanating devices.

Engineers know how to design wireless access points to automatically select less crowded wifi channels on crowded bands. And guess what? It works!

Cell phones in overcrowded metropolitan areas work just fine without "walking over" each other!

The fact of the matter is, true interference is typically caused by a faulty or physically damaged component or device and not just because some other wireless device is nearby.

What's being ignorant is suggesting a keyboard or mouse will somehow be problematic just because it is wireless. That's total nonsense.

Is a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse the best solution for everyone? Of course not!
Is a wired mouse and keyboard the best solution for everyone? Of course not.

Bill you would argue that the sky is purple.

They call it Emi for a reason...

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
Sure its not your PC? They all are having connection problems?

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
They call it Emi for a reason...
Of course! That's very true. But just because something is "subject to" EMI, that does not mean it "will be interfered with" - as you claimed.

And why? Because designers must comply with FCC, OSHA, UL, European IEC, CENELEC and other international standards, regulations and rules on RFI/EMI emissions, suppression and shielding. Designers want their products to work so they engineer and manufacture in proper shielding and suppression. Devices use proper grounding and power supplies connected through properly grounded outlets. Facilities are required to meet proper Earth grounding safety standards. "Floating ground" devices like vehicles and aircraft are required to suppress RFI/EMI emissions. If none of that was present, the spark plugs from nearly every car that passed our homes would wreck havoc on our wireless devices. Garage doors would constantly be opening and closing. TV channels would be changing. The world would be a crazy place - or much more crazy than it is already.

Appliance, consumer electronics, keyboard and mouse designers don't want nearby TVs, cell towers, razors and microwave ovens causing interference, or getting interfered with. So they design these products to either suppress or block EMI/RFI. So I say again, if EMI/RFI is a problem, it is because a product is faulty, damaged (or subject to intentional vandalism, destruction or sabotage! :eek:), and not just because the device is wireless - as suggested above.

Bottom line: EMI/RFI is no reason to avoid using wireless keyboards and mice.

Bill you would argue that the sky is purple.
Only if true and others were claiming otherwise. ;)

Last edited:
System Name Velka
Processor R5 3600
Motherboard MSI MPG X570
Cooling Wraith stealth
Video Card(s) RX 6650xt
Case Corsair 400r
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G305
Keyboard Redragon K556
Software Windows 10
ok so its been only 5 days after my keyboard stopped working. Today I woke up to an email from corsair support with the proper firmware file attached and my keyboard is working perfect again... or is what I would have liked to have said. So I did absolutely everything corsair support told me to do, I got the keyboard working long enough to type the beginning of this and then it started clicking things and opening random things so i unplugged it again and much to everyone's surprise the firmware corrupted again. So i have officially decided that it is not worth my time to fix this piece of trash keyboard and am gonna use the Razer blackwidow again. I absolutely hate corsair now.

Oh also for a bit more ranting about corsair, ever sense my keyboard broke iv been noticing corsair icue to be bugging out more than usual. I had it delete all my keybindings on my mouse, the rgb on my mouse and headphones have been turning on and off randomly. and also I set up a macro on my mouse yesterday and when I clicked it my computer hard locked and had to be force restarted