• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Driver Install Problem

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 (2.8ghz stock)
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-M55SLI-S4
Cooling AC Freezer 64, fan cooled
Memory 2X1gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, 2X2gb OCZ Fatal1ty
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon X300SE
Storage 1 Seagate 320gb sata hdd
Display(s) SCEPTRE 20.1" LCD
Case Cheap enermax case
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply PC POWER and COOLING Silencer 610
Software Windows XP Pro
OK so i just aquired a Gigabyte K8NS-Pro. (thats what i was told it is and thats what everest says it is i cant find model #'s on the top of the board)...OK anyways i installed windows onto my hdd (currently have 2 installed (1 WD 20gb, 1 Seagate 20gb) neither has given me any problem ever.. But ok so i go to install lan, audio, chipset and whatever other required drivers for the motherboard to function properly and for some reason drivers just wont install. Ive downloaded them from the correct page

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/...rboard&ProductID=1783&ProductName=GA-K8NS Pro

Yeti cant visibly see anything new installed. I installed everest onto the computer to make sure its not just some fluke where my hard ware is going crazy and wont let me install anything.. lol so anyone have suggestions on how to fix this little problem?

Namslas90

Try downloading to save on desktop. Then sign off I-net, turn off Firewall/AV and install drivers from desktop to mobo.

:toast:

Case Cheap enermax case
Software Windows XP Pro
but i have no way to get to the internet....to my knowledge absolutley no firewall/av is installed ...(i know for a fact no av but only firewall would be windows) I used a USB flash drive to transfer the files from my laptop...

*EDIT* lol ill just stick a PCI ethernet card in it to get online for drivers then hope it finnaly lets me use my onboard

Namslas90

but i have no way to get to the internet....to my knowledge absolutley no firewall/av is installed ...(i know for a fact no av but only firewall would be windows) I used a USB flash drive to transfer the files from my laptop...

*EDIT* lol ill just stick a PCI ethernet card in it to get online for drivers then hope it finnaly lets me use my onboard

:confused:First wile online - download the drivers to your desktop...(save to desktop)...

But, if your Firewall/AV is'nt causing the problem then, save drivers to Flash drive, load them to desktop then install. You will have to UNZIP them first.

Case Cheap enermax case
Software Windows XP Pro
:confused:First wile online - download the drivers to your desktop...(save to desktop)...

But, if your Firewall/AV is'nt causing the problem then, save drivers to Flash drive, load them to desktop then install. You will have to UNZIP them first.

you cant unzip an Executable :laugh:

And i have been using a flash drive to download the desktop and try installing them

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
no floppy in house?

Namslas90

you cant unzip an Executable :laugh:

And i have been using a flash drive to download the desktop and try installing them

I downloaded your drivers from the link you gave(but did not install). They were saved to my desktop as a WINRAR (zipped file) so, I assumed yours would be zipped.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
pretty sure the last time I rewrote my OS ,I took my thumbstick and ran zipped files to my machine...said "oh shit"...."no winrar installed yet"....clicked the rar file and WINZIP took it out anyways! Seem to remember an issue trying to bring over .exe's w/o zipping and got errors on load saying that some file cant be found....setup must close or similar crap.

Not anything personal tater but i think Nammy is on the right track here !!!! For that statement just being typed( if you may have seen our past) I gotta be pretty sure he's right....sorry

Case Cheap enermax case
Software Windows XP Pro
pretty sure the last time I rewrote my OS ,I took my thumbstick and ran zipped files to my machine...said "oh shit"...."no winrar installed yet"....clicked the rar file and WINZIP took it out anyways! Seem to remember an issue trying to bring over .exe's w/o zipping and got errors on load saying that some file cant be found....setup must close or similar crap.

Not anything personal tater but i think Nammy is on the right track here !!!! For that statement just being typed( if you may have seen our past) I gotta be pretty sure he's right....sorry

Idk Im just used to my desktop (in specs on left) its a gigabyte board and its nothing to download all my drivers to my flash drive then move em to the desktop and very easily have everything working Ive never had a single problem with it..(then again every computer is different)