• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

With Nvidia decreasing driver performance, what was the latest optimal performance and stability driver?

I noticed less performance in benchmarking my game total war warhammer II in the games battle benchmark, and noticed dip and significantly lower fps by over 10%. While the new driver might be more stable, I havn't done any long term testing of the game because a number of the prior versions also total froze my computer while playing a number of times, so I am not sure which driver of late has the best performance and stability, since I only really update them every other month.

Recently there was a thread of same title ... most reporting no evidence of same. Hve you tried going back to older driver and seeing if you get that 10% back ? I suspect it's something else.

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
Drivers did not make you lose performance.

Recently there was a thread of same title ... most reporting no evidence of same. Hve you tried going back to older driver and seeing if you get that 10% back ? I suspect it's something else.

I believe it was 411 that gave me better performance that I can show for certain, however since there are any number of "point ohs" I was hoping someone had some some kind of comparison.

I am not able to find those images of my benches, which is odd.

Drivers did not make you lose performance.
They did at any rate in my case. That said, total war II is a finicky game, but it was a lose none of the less

Processor i7-13700k
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming z790-plus
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212 RGB
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR5 7000mhz
Video Card(s) Asus Dual Geforce RTX 4070 Super ( 2800mhz @ 1.0volt, ~60mhz overlock -.1volts. 180-190watt draw)
Storage 1x Samsung 980 Pro PCIe4 NVme, 2x Samsung 1tb 850evo SSD, 3x WD drives, 2 seagate
Display(s) Acer Predator XB273u 27inch IPS G-Sync 165hz
Power Supply Corsair RMx Series RM850x (OCZ Z series PSU retired after 13 years of service)
Mouse Logitech G502 hero
Keyboard Logitech G710+
They did at any rate in my case. That said, total war II is a finicky game, but it was a lose none of the less
There is no proof and its been debunked that they do it. What likely is plausible reason is over the years of them doing optimization's for new games something they change to help one game effects another in a negative way. So that is what more likely happened as you said total war II is finicky. Hard to make things perfect for every game out there. Throw in there any game update they have done to game could had the fps impact as well.

I believe it was 411 that gave me better performance that I can show for certain, however since there are any number of "point ohs" I was hoping someone had some some kind of comparison.

Found the link I mentioned....

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...-353-62-vs-376-33-vs-398-36-vs-411-70.248256/

I'm not contesting that you are now showing lower performance, but from what information has been provided, I don't see that you have ruled everything else out.