• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

vexa

Hi, I simply want a little improvement over my dull, plain realtek onboard soundcard, yet there are too many files and tutorials here and for a total newbie like me, it's kinda confusing to choose which one to install and how to get them work. I just can't "try each one of these and if it doesn't work, reinstall ur windows, lol". This is my work PC, I can't reinstall them. I see UWP, APO, what are those? are there any link that contains all information regarding this topic? is there any AIO installer to install any APO, UWP, etc?
Sorry if I sound stoopid, I'd like to learn more but I don't have time to scroll through 60 pages is there a FAQs somewhere?

My current situation: i've uninstalled my realtek driver, so it's now on windows audio driver. I want to try some enhancements like SB720, maybe? What files are needed and where can I get those? Do I still need to reinstall realtek driver alongside these mods? Too many questions.

setup:
MSI H61M-P31 G3 (ALC887)
old 2.1 speaker and some cheap over ear headphone.
Windows 10 RS5

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Hi, I simply want a little improvement over my dull, plain realtek onboard soundcard, yet there are too many files and tutorials here and for a total newbie like me, it's kinda confusing to choose which one to install and how to get them work. I just can't "try each one of these and if it doesn't work, reinstall ur windows, lol". This is my work PC, I can't reinstall them. I see UWP, APO, what are those? are there any link that contains all information regarding this topic? is there any AIO installer to install any APO, UWP, etc?
Sorry if I sound stoopid, I'd like to learn more but I don't have time to scroll through 60 pages is there a FAQs somewhere?

My current situation: i've uninstalled my realtek driver, so it's now on windows audio driver. I want to try some enhancements like SB720, maybe? What files are needed and where can I get those? Do I still need to reinstall realtek driver alongside these mods? Too many questions.

setup:
MSI H61M-P31 G3 (ALC887)
old 2.1 speaker and some cheap over ear headphone.
Windows 10 RS5

I would recommend you to make a separate thread so as to be able to discuss your case individually. That said, I would recommend you to go to this youtube page to have an idea of any audio enhancer.
Your case seem to benefit more of APO driver installation (Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows). APO Enhancer is best for cases where there is headphone/stereo speaker.
This page is quite old and DJ Urko has never updated his/her mod.
APO driver is the most regularly updated version.
Other pages (unlocked DDP/DTS Connect) are not for you; you use 2.1; these pages are for optical 5.1.
APO driver works fine on stock Windows driver; I am using APO driver on stock Windows driver.

When you reply, do not forget to include usage (movie, music, game). Better recommendations can be given.

vexa

I would recommend you to make a separate thread so as to be able to discuss your case individually. That said, I would recommend you to go to this youtube page to have an idea of any audio enhancer.
Your case seem to benefit more of APO driver installation (Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows). APO Enhancer is best for cases where there is headphone/stereo speaker.
This page is quite old and DJ Urko has never updated his/her mod.
APO driver is the most regularly updated version.
Other pages (unlocked DDP/DTS Connect) are not for you; you use 2.1; these pages are for optical 5.1.
APO driver works fine on stock Windows driver; I am using APO driver on stock Windows driver.

When you reply, do not forget to include usage (movie, music, game). Better recommendations can be given.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply, I really appreciate it. Still got some questions but I'm moving to @alanfox2000 thread, Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows.

Hi everyone!

I have a weird issue that's restricting me from being able to use ATMOS Spatial Audio on my AMD GPU HDMI main output. Tried everything to fix it but to no avail. So i'm looking for a way around it, can't hold my breath for Microsoft or Dolby to fit it.

I noticed that this RealTek Driver mod was also able to work via S/pdif and HDMI and also NVIDIA HDMI.

Is there any way to make it work for the AMD High Definition Audio Device / HDMI?

Cheers.

TrePlex360

Hi ladies and gentlemen and enthusiasts of sound,

I am DJUrko. I am providing you my new modification of the brand new version ... of the Realtek HD audio driver. Specially designed for Windows 10 including the new standards SFX, MFX and EFX. The plugins I’ve introduced are: SRS Premium Sound, Dolby Audio X2, Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater and Audio by Harman. In the archive you’ll find installation instructions, see folder Extras. Also you need to disable Secure Boot option in the BIOS. I hope you’ll like it all.

For DTS Connect via SPDIF, you have to replace the original files RltkAPO.dll and RltkAPO64.dll by your modified ones in the folder WIN64. However, you will lose the SRS Premium Sound effect.

I hope that you still have the integrated Dolby Digital Live output via SPDIF, when having installed the Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater at the same time. I would be happy to look with those of you who know about modifying these files, to work together on the integration of effects Sonic Focus and PCEE4 (Dolby Home Theater V4). Because I’ve got problems with those. I think that parameters like EP0 and EP1 are required also.

I hope you’ll be satisfied.

DJUrko Link to Download is https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkGtxiGigudSo2wd2NrXdZX4cxh3View attachment 87336View attachment 87337View attachment 87338
Hello everyone! i am a little late fella and would like to download the ultimate drivers. but the download is currently not working! does anybody have the drivers and if so could you please dm me a download link? thanks!

jemmos

sadly, the certific's for any of the atmos software installs have all expired, and can not install via powershell anymore. Be wary of uninstalling, and reinstalling. oh. and this is the last valid link i w was using for the packages if you still needed it treplex360.

REALTEK MOD DRIVERS

Hi!
I have the original Urko file, but since he is not online i cannot asking his without permission, but still great to have this file anyway in my SSD drive :)

So here it is the link:

https://www8.zippyshare.com/v/GocuYl2k/file.html

Anyone one of the mods can replace his original OneDrive link to my link on the frontpage?
Thanx in advance :)

Last edited:
System Name Diogo Silva
Processor Intel Core i5 9º Gen 9600KF Processor
Motherboard Asus TUF B360-Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3i
Memory 2x8 Kingston HyperX KHX2400C12D4
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX2060 Gaming 6G
Storage WD WDS500G2B0B Blue 3D SATA M.2 500GB + Toshiba HDD 2Tb
Display(s) Samsung Curved Monitor 27 Pol.
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W 80PLUS Gold
Mouse Asus ROG Pugio II Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Home Single Language (PT-PT) x64
Hi!
I have the original Urko file, but since he is not online i cannot asking his without permission, but still great to have this file anyway in my SSD drive :)

So here it is the link:

https://www8.zippyshare.com/v/GocuYl2k/file.html

Anyone one of the mods can replace his original OneDrive link to my link on the frontpage?
Thanx in advance :)
Do you know if it's this mod is compatible with Creative Programs, Like Sound Blaster MB-XFI5 or the Lasted Sound BlasterX 720º?
Thanks for sharing this Mod, because I need Surround Sound in Analog and HDMI Cables.

Do you know if it's this mod is compatible with Creative Programs, Like Sound Blaster MB-XFI5 or the Lasted Sound BlasterX 720º?
Thanks for sharing this Mod, because I need Surround Sound in Analog and HDMI Cables.

Thanx a lot for your response :)
I never use Creative programs, so try it whatever :)
I have myself finally forced to modding since last November and the result is very-very tricky, because you don't know what's happening with the results...
I tried the Urko mod in win 7 with Dolby/DTS 5.1 and my laptop has/had freezed...
Anyway I try this again in win 10 when i'm done with my computer fitting up and share it in public here with or without credits from Urko :)

Cheers

J

sadly, the certific's for any of the atmos software installs have all expired, and can not install via powershell anymore. Be wary of uninstalling, and reinstalling. oh. and this is the last valid link i w was using for the packages if you still needed it treplex360.

REALTEK MOD DRIVERS

any workaround for this issue? I new here about to install Dolby Atmos

System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
any workaround for this issue? I new here about to install Dolby Atmos
Open the other file, that extension is .AppxBundle
NOTE: These APPS is only compatible with Windows 10.

Processor i7 8086K
Motherboard AsRock Z370 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair 150i Pro
Memory 32GB Corsair Veangence LPX @3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Extreme Edition
Storage Sandisk X400 512GB SSD
Power Supply EVGA G3 850W
Software Win 10 64-bit v1809
Hello!
Sorry if this has been asked before but I have my head spinning downloading drivers that ultimately don't resolve my issues!

AsRock Z370 Extreme4 with ALC1220
NE5532 Premium Headset Amplifier for Front Panel

This board/chipset combo seems to be plagued with audio issues (mostly popping and clicking noises) and the problem is that I can't find any Realtek drivers that don't cause unusable interference when connecting headphones to the front panel.
It's not a hardware issue as the generic Microsoft HD Audio drivers work almost perfectly.
AsRock says nothing is wrong despite their forum members saying differently, and they removed the older drivers that apparently worked ok for whatever reason.

I have tried so many different drivers that I've lost track of what I have tried and what I haven't.

Appreciate if anyone could please direct me to a driver for my setup that works. I don't need Dolby or DTS since I only connect headphones to the front panel and desktop speakers to the rear motherboard connection.

Win 10 1809 (x64)

Thanks!

jinsk8r

Guys BOOM_3D beta build is out now for windows 10 with 15 days trial period.....!!!!!!!
check this out!!!! this is awesome!!!!!

View attachment 108744

Not impressive, at all. The only thing this software does is to increase the bass and modify your EQ so you "feel" more immersive, surround sound is not there at all. When you turn off the front R channel, there is still so much sound from front R channel speaking on other channels.
Uninstalled after 5mins.

System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Not impressive, at all. The only thing this software does is to increase the bass and modify your EQ so you "feel" more immersive, surround sound is not there at all. When you turn off the front R channel, there is still so much sound from front R channel speaking on other channels.
Uninstalled after 5mins.
Totally agree, it happened to me, because I have 5.1 Surround System and when I installed the Boom 3D the program only Output in Stereo.

System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None

Raj.S

How can I install this on HP Probook x360 440 g1 with conexant audio?

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW REALTEK DRIVER VERSION 6.0.1.8551 + SOUND BLASTER X 720° APP (NOT UWP)
THIS DRIVER IS SIGNED BY ME, NOT REQUIRING THE DEACTIVATION OF THE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT OF TEST MODE.

ANALOG OUTPUT: SOUND BLASTER X 720°

DIGITAL OUTPUT: DDL AND DTS

DOWNLOAD

WARNING: SOUND BLASTER X 720° REQUIRES NET FRAMEWORK. DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN THIS PACKAGE BY SIZE, BEING NECESSARY TO DOWNLOAD IT FROM MICROSOFT SITE.
FOLLOW THE .NET FRAMEWORK DOWNLOAD LINK:

1 - REALTEK AUDIO DRIVER 6.0.1.8551 (SIGNED BY ME)
2 - CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X 720° APP (NOT UWP) VERSION 3.2.28.0
3 - REALTEK ASIO DRIVERS
4 - BONUS: MY DIGITAL CERTIFICATE FOR INSTALL DRIVER
5 - BONUS: MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ ALL IN ONE PACKAGE

GOOD RESORT TO ALL

Last edited:
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK

demonich

THIS DRIVER IS SIGNED BY ME, NOT REQUIRING THE DEACTIVATION OF THE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT OF TEST MODE.

DOWNLOAD

WARNING: SOUND BLASTER X 720° REQUIRES NET FRAMEWORK. DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN THIS PACKAGE BY SIZE, BEING NECESSARY TO DOWNLOAD IT FROM MICROSOFT SITE.

3 - REALTEK ASIO DRIVERS

GOOD RESORT TO ALL
The drivers work fine, but the microphone gain doesn't work.

eraser

DOWNLOAD

3 - REALTEK ASIO DRIVERS

GOOD RESORT TO ALL
Do these new versions still work on windows 1607 (alc887)? Since my latest mobo drivers need a newer version of windows, and they weight ~20MB rather than the canonical 200MB

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Do these new versions still work on windows 1607 (alc887)? Since my latest mobo drivers need a newer version of windows, and they weight ~20MB rather than the canonical 200MB
YES

DOWNLOAD

3 - REALTEK ASIO DRIVERS

GOOD RESORT TO ALL

Please help, I unistall Realtek driver and creative and install again apo driver,now doesnt work APO creative UWP...