• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Kicks-Off 2019 Offering Complete Mobile Portfolio with Ryzen, Athlon, and A-Series Processors for Notebooks and Chromebooks

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Today, AMD announced the first members of its 2019 mobility line-up encompassing all notebook segments: 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Mobile Processors powering ultrathin and gaming notebooks; AMD Athlon 300 Series Mobile Processors powering mainstream notebooks with the fast and efficient "Zen"3 core; and optimized 7th Gen AMD A-Series processors, elevating performance for mainstream Chromebooks. In addition, AMD announced that starting this quarter, gamers, creators and enthusiasts will be able to install Radeon Software Adrenalin software to bring the latest GPU features and game optimizations to all systems powered by AMD Ryzen Processors with Radeon Graphics.

"Users expect mobile PCs that excel at both everyday tasks and compute-heavy experiences, and with our latest mobile processor portfolio AMD offers exactly that across all levels of the market," said Saeid Moshkelani, senior vice president and general manager, Client Compute, AMD. "Notebook users want to experience the latest modern features while streaming, gaming, or finishing work faster. Enabling breakthrough entertainment experiences, AMD is pleased to enable a wide range of AMD powered notebooks than ever that deliver on those expectations with blazing fast performance, rich graphics, and long battery life."

2nd Gen Ryzen Mobile Processors: Featuring world's fastest processor for ultrathin laptops
Built on 12 nm manufacturing technology, new AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Mobile Processors deliver best-in-class performance, a brilliant entertainment experience, and state-of-the-art features as well as offering impressive performance improvements well above the competition
  • The new AMD Ryzen mobile processors deliver;
    o engaging and entertaining features like Wake on Voice, Modern Standby, smooth PC gaming, and is 4K HDR Streaming-capable
    o up to 10 hours of video playback battery life
    o AMD Ryzen 7 3700U can edit media up to 29% faster than the Intel Core i7-8550U6, and the AMD Ryzen 5 3500U can load websites up to 14% faster than the Intel Core i5-8250U
  • Consumers will be able to purchase the first 2nd Gen Ryzen mobile powered notebooks starting in Q1, with more systems expected to launch throughout 2019. These new notebooks will be coming through Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, Huawei, Lenovo, and Samsung this year.
  • Starting in Q1 2019, AMD plans to provide regular Radeon Software Adrenalin updates for all Ryzen Processors with Radeon Vega graphics via AMD.com, enabling frequent support for new games, new features, improved performance and more robust stability.
  • AMD is also offering "Zen" -based Athlon Mobile Processors bringing consumers more choice, enabling mobile computing to meet nearly any budget, slated to be available from global OEMs in early 2019.
7th Generation A-Series Processors: Versatile A-Series processor for Google Chromebooks
The 7th Gen AMD A-Series processors deliver ideal computing experiences, from fluid web browsing to effortless everyday productivity, social media, streaming and web gaming. The AMD A6-9220C processor provides;
  • up to 23% faster web browsing and up to 24% faster web application performance than the Intel Pentium N4200 and Celeron N3350, respectively
  • up to 3.2X faster email performance and up to 74% higher office application productivity than the Intel Pentium N4200 and Celeron N3350, respectively
  • up to 42% faster photo editing performance and up to 43% faster web gaming experiences than the Intel Pentium N4200 and Celeron N3350, respectively
Starting with the Acer Chromebook 315 and HP Chromebook 14, leading global OEMs are scheduled to release several AMD powered Chromebooks in 2019 delivering fast and efficient computing, with battery life that keeps pace with the consumer's needs.

At CES 2019, Dr. Lisa Su, president and CEO, AMD is delivering a keynote address, scheduled for Wednesday, January 9 at 9:00 a.m. in the Venetian Palazzo Ballroom.

"Working in partnership with AMD, we are excited to introduce a line of fast, responsive, reliable Chromebooks powered by AMD A-Series processors," said Chris Chiang, vice president of product management, Acer Pan America. "The new Acer Chromebook 315 delivers great performance to let users do more with the growing selection of Android apps and Chrome extensions, thanks to award-winning Radeon graphics for a visually stunning experience and AMD processors that will tackle tasks quickly and reliably."

"ASUS is dedicated to delivering the most innovative hardware for gamers of all levels," said Vivian Lien, Head of Global Marketing for Gaming and Chief Marketing Officer at ASUS North America. "We're excited to announce the new ASUS FX505 and 705DY TUF Gaming notebooks, the first laptops powered by AMD's Ryzen 7 3750H and Ryzen 5 3550H processor and discrete Radeon RX560X graphics, suited for high performance gaming on the go. It's a unique solution that delivers best-in-class gaming experiences for a wide variety of users."

"We are excited to offer AMD's 2nd Gen Ryzen Mobile and Radeon solutions in our mainstream Inspiron 5000 laptops and 2-in-1s in the coming months, giving our customers even more choice for their computing experiences," said Ray Wah, Senior Vice President, Consumer and Small Business Product Group, Dell. "AMD's latest Ryzen mobile processors with Radeon Vega Graphics are expected to deliver multi-tasking performance users want, while also enabling the modern PC features they need."

"We created Chromebooks to build better computing for everyone, and as Chromebooks continue to evolve, this goal remains the same," said John Solomon, vice president of Chrome OS, Google. "By providing Chromebooks with AMD A-Series processors, customers will have an even broader choice of affordable Chromebooks for their everyday needs."

"Chromebooks continue to be a rapidly growing market, where customers are looking for differentiated designs and amazing features to power their work and play," said Kevin Frost, vice president, Consumer PCs, HP Inc. "With the new HP Chromebook 14, HP is excited to partner with AMD on the creation of the first AMD-powered Chrome OS device, providing excellent performance, an enriched entertainment experience, and the best of Google and Chrome OS to access millions of Android apps on Google Play filled with Android apps to do everything in a stylish PC."

"As work-life integration goes mainstream and people seek increasing flexibility in their lifestyles, they need accessible tools to stay productive and entertained anytime, anywhere," said Johnson Jia, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Lenovo Intelligent Devices Group's Consumer PCs and Smart Devices. "Designed for users' evolving needs, the new Lenovo IdeaPad S540 and IdeaPad S340 laptops powered by the latest AMD Ryzen mobile processors balance great performance with portability - letting people get things done on the go, on their own terms."

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Aryzen / Sairikiki / Tesseract
Processor 5800x / i7 920@3.73 / 5800x
Motherboard Steel Legend B450M / GB EX58-UDP4 / Steel Legend B550M
Cooling Mugen 5 / Pure Rock / Glacier One 240
Memory Corsair Something 16 / Corsair Something 12 / G.Skill 32
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT / AMD 6750XT / Sapphire 7800XT
Storage Way too many drives...
Display(s) LG 332GP850-B / Sony w800b / Sony X90J
Case EVOLV X / Carbide 540 / Carbide 280x
Audio Device(s) SB ZxR + GSP 500 / board / Denon X1700h + ELAC Uni-Fi 2 + Senn 6XX
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME GX-750 / Corsair HX750 / Seasonic Focus PX-650
Mouse G700 / none / G602
Keyboard G910
Software w11 64
Benchmark Scores I don't play benchmarks...
So essentially they are trying to do with Intel on mobile what they did to them on desktop, except that this might work out even better. Nice.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
6w?? That's darn good!! I know the Atom is around that but wow... :) AMD +1 for me!!

System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7
Those Bulldozers are a really bad idea. I guess they had those chips and didn't knew what to do with them. Lowered their frequencies, manage a 6w TDP and thought to sell them at cost instead of throwing them away.

Here's what I want.
A 15.6" laptop with high quality build and decent battery. Upgradeable RAM and nvme. A 4k IPS display with 100% adobeRGB. Top of the line Ryzen CPU and Vega 56 (aka Vega 10XL I think).
If someone makes that I'll throw my money at them.

Processor Intel
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Cooler Master
Memory Corsair
Video Card(s) Nvidia
Storage Samsung/Western Digital/ADATA
Display(s) Samsung
Case Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse A4TECH
Keyboard UniKey
Software Windows 10 x64
2/4 cores, 28nm in 2019. This is what happens when AMD doesn't have competition in low/medium category. :laugh:

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
2/4 cores, 28nm in 2019. This is what happens when AMD doesn't have competition in low/medium category. :laugh:

Oh don't worry Intel has you covered with those Core M CPUs if you want even lower performance.

AMX85

then... 7nm gona be 4000 series?

greetings

Intel Atom based (Celeron/Pentium) has poor performance per clock and mediocre GPU

Greetings

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
No complaints about the Ryzen 3000-series.

But whattahell is going on with those LP parts? 2C/2T, 1MB cache, 28nm?
I don't care how powerful their iGPU is, the performance on those chromebooks will be so handicapped by the CPU that it's gonna suck just as much as any other low-end part they've made in the past 10 years...
There is a reason why Intel decided to double the amount of cache in their Pentium/Celeron lineup. Heck, even SD855 sounds like a better alternative to Intel than this badly aged garbage.

6w?? That's darn good!! I know the Atom is around that but wow... :) AMD +1 for me!!
That's been a norm in this segment since 2013 or so. Almost half of modern intel lineup consists of sub-10W Celerons, Pentiums, and Core Y SoCs (that includes overpriced chips in the new macbook Air, which essentially is a glorified dual-core Atom with HT and TurboBoost).

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
I don't care how powerful their iGPU is, the performance on those chromebooks will be so handicapped by the CPU that it's gonna suck

Honestly, the worst thing in here is the chromebook itself. Let those thing die already.

I have a HP envy 2 in 1 with 2500U and im really happy with it :3 even when playing very light games (warframe, 720p low 60fps) in performance mode. So these will be even better, AMD is making really good chips even for ultra-small designs. the H ones look good to provide low cost entry level gaming laptops too

D

Deleted member 158293

Nice to see AMD APUs in finally Chromebooks! :toast:

Especially great for schools and other myriad uses.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
That's been a norm in this segment since 2013 or so. Almost half of modern intel lineup consists of sub-10W Celerons, Pentiums, and Core Y SoCs (that includes overpriced chips in the new macbook Air, which essentially is a glorified dual-core Atom with HT and TurboBoost).

Impressive power requirements :) I wonder if they will start doing proper full size PSUs but with 50w to 250w or something... Loads of PSUs around 300w+ but not masses under that....

ricky.alex

Those Bulldozers are a really bad idea. I guess they had those chips and didn't knew what to do with them. Lowered their frequencies, manage a 6w TDP and thought to sell them at cost instead of throwing them away.
I don't think those APU are based on Bulldozer. I think they are based on Kabini/Jaguar architecture... it's low power arch used also for some APUs AMD is still selling for very low budget Windows PCs.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Having had some of the older AMD APUs I was impressed and amazed at their performance for the power they used. Best thing I ever had that would do all the basics and that wouldn't matter if I left it on 24/7 :)

deu

System Name Bo-minator (my name is bo)
Processor AMD 3900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G-SkiLL 2x8GB RAM 3600Mhz (CL16-16-16-16-36)
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX 1080Ti OC
Storage Samsung EVO 850 1TB
Display(s) ACER XB271HU + DELL 2717D
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Antec HCP 1000W
Mouse G403
Keyboard CM STORM Quick Fire Rapid
Software Windows 10 64-bit Pro
Benchmark Scores XX
Dont do un-contextulized bashing (@some people :D). If these cheap APu's can up the performance in the super lowend, where there have been no alternative to intel, then good. And good for who? (Not the hardcore entusiasts that roam this forum) But a segment of people will suddenly have more access and better variety than before. This is for sure a strategy from AMD, to start opening up the low-power-chromebook-segment.
Could potentialy be hitting for it with failed 7nm chiplets later on? (or is there a technical obsticale that I have missed?)

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Impressive power requirements :) I wonder if they will start doing proper full size PSUs but with 50w to 250w or something... Loads of PSUs around 300w+ but not masses under that....

PicoPSU

Here's what I want.
A 15.6" laptop with high quality build and decent battery. Upgradeable RAM and nvme. A 4k IPS display with 100% adobeRGB. Top of the line Ryzen CPU and Vega 56 (aka Vega 10XL I think).
If someone makes that I'll throw my money at them.

Sounds like you want a desktop with a small screen. Not happening soon... Small form factors are always a concession.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7
I don't think those APU are based on Bulldozer. I think they are based on Kabini/Jaguar architecture... it's low power arch used also for some APUs AMD is still selling for very low budget Windows PCs.
Based on a number of tech pages these are Bulldozer, Excavator to be more precise.

NotebookCheck's page I think is the best proof of this
AMD A6-9220C Processor - NotebookCheck.net Tech

Even if they where Kabini, 2 cores with that architecture would have been a huge problem. I did enjoyed an AM1 Sempron 3850 for a couple of years, but that chip had 4 cores and it was obvious that it couldn't make it at modern programs with less. And I had overclocked it at 1.6GHz back then. Today's common programs like browsers, are at least multithreaded, so more than 2 cores(in fact the correct here is more than 4) is a necessity for a smooth experience.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
wow, a whole 57 fps at 720P low settings on fortnite... that's an interesting metric to go after for this class of devices.

It's almost saying... "we're faster than the other guy, but at the same time, dont buy this to play fortnite"

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
I hope these fix some of the power draw issues of the first generation, as that was really their Achilles' heel. They have excellent performance, but platform power draw 3-4x comparable Intel chips at low loads (video playback etc.) or idle is not good enough. Ought to be fixable, though, and Intel's move to LPDDR4X with Ice Lake should make it easier for AMD to do the same, improving iGPU performance nicely. That'll likely have to wait for the 4000-series, though.

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
I have a HP envy 2 in 1 with 2500U and im really happy with it :3 even when playing very light games (warframe, 720p low 60fps) in performance mode. So these will be even better, AMD is making really good chips even for ultra-small designs. the H ones look good to provide low cost entry level gaming laptops too

How is battery life?