• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Well I got my original items i've ordered,I also get to keep the dragonball mug which they accidentally sent to me the first round.
Honesty has its perks beside making you feel good
(Rumour has it they could not give away those mugs :))

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Yo. Anyone got any msata drives they don't want? I'm good with 90-128gb capacities. Not looking to pay a huge sum and don't mind if they are a little old slow and beaten up so long as they still have a good few years of left on the clock

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
Yo. Anyone got any msata drives they don't want? I'm good with 90-128gb capacities. Not looking to pay a huge sum and don't mind if they are a little old slow and beaten up so long as they still have a good few years of left on the clock
I may have some 2.5 sata drives or I do have a m.2 SSD 128gb that I haven't installed as I cba to install it if you want it.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Gotta use the B/S/T section for that kinda stuff. Rules are rules.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Done anymore mods to the smart mobile @RCoon ? I've got a custom tune on the MPS now..making 17.5-18.5psi(15psi stock) peak boost now. :p

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Mostly little jobs. Already replaced ball joints and disks and pads for performance ones on the front, in the process of renewing the whole rear section, although I already did the rear shocks, so just the front shocks left to do. Then after that I'm gonna replace the fuel injectors and inlet manifold for Brabus ones from a breaker I'm friends with, and I need to replace the thermostat and air conditioning compressor bearing and then refit a new belt to it since the bearing started squeaking. After that I'll be looking at full polyurethane bush overhaul starting with the anti-roll bar and steering rack. Also looking at doing a steering wheel mod, replacing the standard 452 wheel with the smaller and slightly more modern 451 wheel, however the flappy paddle ones go for £300 second hand so that might have to wait a bit.

My peak boost is already at 1.4 BAR (20 ish PSI?) so I don't dare push it anymore on this tiny teacup turbo :p I've already had the backend swing out twice after exiting a roundabout at speed within the last 2 months so I might look at replacing the pretty 17 inch Brabus wheels an LP tyres for some 16 inch Team Genius blocks and some more sensible grippy tyres.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Mostly little jobs. Already replaced ball joints and disks and pads for performance ones on the front, in the process of renewing the whole rear section, although I already did the rear shocks, so just the front shocks left to do. Then after that I'm gonna replace the fuel injectors and inlet manifold for Brabus ones from a breaker I'm friends with, and I need to replace the thermostat and air conditioning compressor bearing and then refit a new belt to it since the bearing started squeaking. After that I'll be looking at full polyurethane bush overhaul starting with the anti-roll bar and steering rack. Also looking at doing a steering wheel mod, replacing the standard 452 wheel with the smaller and slightly more modern 451 wheel, however the flappy paddle ones go for £300 second hand so that might have to wait a bit.

My peak boost is already at 1.4 BAR (20 ish PSI?) so I don't dare push it anymore on this tiny teacup turbo :p I've already had the backend swing out twice after exiting a roundabout at speed within the last 2 months so I might look at replacing the pretty 17 inch Brabus wheels an LP tyres for some 16 inch Team Genius blocks and some more sensible grippy tyres.
Lot of niggles then to do..i'm in process of saving for a new clutch& single flywheel again for the MPS as its done 87k now and its probably hasn't been replaced since factory. The guy did say I have a slight leak so yeah...not what I would like to spend money on so soon again after paying almost 2k on the 208 GTI clutch&flywheel but the part and labour on the MPS is cheaper in that department which is a plus.
Still debating on getting the transmission mount replaced for stiffer mount as the rear engine and driver side been replaced already, custom backbox will be done some point this year and I may finally buy myself a personalised plate aswell..

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
I've had a few months when I've wanted to do something to the car only to have something fail on me and have to put the fun stuff on a back burner. Last time was a full replacement of the track rods, inner, and outer ends and joints because the last person to do the tracking bent the rod and mashed the end! Prior to that I had an engine mount fail on me. Problem with Smart parts is they're Mercedes and thus cost a ludicrous amount of money for no reason whatsoever. I try to do most jobs myself but the odd complex job I pay to get done, and qualified people who can actually work on Smarts also cost a fortune in labour. Mazda's on the other hand are far more reasonably priced in terms of parts. I have frequently looks at Mazdas in the past and toyed with the idea of an older RX8.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
I've had a few months when I've wanted to do something to the car only to have something fail on me and have to put the fun stuff on a back burner. Last time was a full replacement of the track rods, inner, and outer ends and joints because the last person to do the tracking bent the rod and mashed the end! Prior to that I had an engine mount fail on me. Problem with Smart parts is they're Mercedes and thus cost a ludicrous amount of money for no reason whatsoever. I try to do most jobs myself but the odd complex job I pay to get done, and qualified people who can actually work on Smarts also cost a fortune in labour. Mazda's on the other hand are far more reasonably priced in terms of parts. I have frequently looks at Mazdas in the past and toyed with the idea of an older RX8.
Some parts are cheap and some aren't depending what it is, a full engine rebuild for my car is about 3k lol and if buying a RX8..take it straight to rotaryrevs or something and get the rotary rebuilt.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Full engine rebuild is a last resort though, unless the car has done 120k+ miles on a petrol it seems a waste to do it. I've seen guys run roadsters past 140K miles on the original engine. Fortunately the engine is so small they're only about £1400 to do a full engine rebuild with an "oh s*** it's buggered" kit. The RX8 was just an idea back before I got this little roller skate, my next project is either a Jaguar XK8 or a Lotus Elise 111S. Just started a new job as an engineer and a tonne of the work involves welding training so I should be well equipped :D

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Full engine rebuild is a last resort though, unless the car has done 120k+ miles on a petrol it seems a waste to do it. I've seen guys run roadsters past 140K miles on the original engine. Fortunately the engine is so small they're only about £1400 to do a full engine rebuild with an "oh s*** it's buggered" kit. The RX8 was just an idea back before I got this little roller skate, my next project is either a Jaguar XK8 or a Lotus Elise 111S. Just started a new job as an engineer and a tonne of the work involves welding training so I should be well equipped :D
That is cheap still for rebuild and a next car for me is looking to be when I finally move out my parents house and when the MPS dies. Good luck on your new job.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
That is cheap still for rebuild and a next car for me is looking to be when I finally move out my parents house and when the MPS dies. Good luck on your new job.
Ah so you're pockets are full of spare cash then! In fairness I'm going to have to get a car that can fit more than 1.5 people in it so I'm not sure my partner will allow an additional Elise on the drive...

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Ah so you're pockets are full of spare cash then! In fairness I'm going to have to get a car that can fit more than 1.5 people in it so I'm not sure my partner will allow an additional Elise on the drive...
Not quite as I always find something that I want that I don't need lol, like oh there is a nice discount and xyz item and balancing outcomes on top of savings now..got grow up a bit and start put money away into savings now.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
DPD depot mugging me off real good, i've pre-ordered the KH3 Collectors Edition from Square-Enix Store and it went to the Hinckley depot and somehow it got mixed up with Amazon containment as its been signed using Amazon warehouse signature...Now I can't track it and find where it's going and now going to be opened for investigation through dpd..Sent a passive aggressive email to square asking if they can send me replacement..otherwise i'll be wanting money back. Paid it for it last month aswell, very foul mood right now.

dorsetknob

Well its Snowing here in Dorset (that's Rare) and its Settling

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
I need snow so work will close.

dorsetknob

I need snow so work will close.
:) or a T****P adminstration :)
I do feel sorry for those poor souls
Maybe those workers could send a Peach to their Senator/congressman ( a hint by post or is that to Subtle )

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Morning everyone :) Hope everyone in the UK is doing alright :)

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
No snow up here, did find my car all frozen though like the door handles.
Hopefully the snow hasn't disrupt any of the delivery service, I want my new PSU, wind deflectors for the car and I've ordered KH3 Deluxe edition for the GF as my gut feeling telling me DPD and Square enix going drag this investigation to the point i'll either get the replacement weeks after release or refund.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Morning everyone :) Hope everyone in the UK is doing alright :)
send help im frozen in home, cant get to work before 12 so im not going, at this rate ill have to load up the car with sleeping bag food etc before I dare goto work.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
It's not been so bad down here this morning, aside from the accident on the M5 as per usual that brings all the traffic around here to a standstill.. Only a light covering of snow this morning.. Hopefully it'll be a mass down pour over this weekend as I have my daughter :D I'm not sure if we'll have enough to build a snowman but I will hope :D

Have you got far to travel for work? :)

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
It's not been so bad down here this morning, aside from the accident on the M5 as per usual that brings all the traffic around here to a standstill.. Only a light covering of snow this morning.. Hopefully it'll be a mass down pour over this weekend as I have my daughter :D I'm not sure if we'll have enough to build a snowman but I will hope :D

Have you got far to travel for work? :)
Not really 9 miles but looking at Google its an unpleasant trip today ,three smash-ups on route too.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
So DPD major hiccup made my package ended up in Cornwall depot, it is now going to get redirected back to my nearest depot. fun times indeed with the weather aswell on top of it.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Not really 9 miles but looking at Google its an unpleasant trip today ,three smash-ups on route too.

It's only 3 miles to work if I go through town but it's sometimes quicker to go the 9 miles and a bit around town and back in... There was an accident this morning, the town was like grid lock in places but further up it was clear as a bird.. Strange.. lol
I hope you're journey will be straight forward and safe :)

So DPD major hiccup made my package ended up in Cornwall depot, it is now going to get redirected back to my nearest depot. fun times indeed with the weather aswell on top of it.

That's a bit of a change of direction for the parcel if you're in Northampton??....... Wonder how they managed that!! :)

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
That's a bit of a change of direction for the parcel if you're in Northampton??....... Wonder how they managed that!! :)
A muppet in the depot signed it for amazon warehouse or something.