• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
@phill 300bhp is definitely enough for a road car use..but the itch for more will always take over.
it is for FWD Cars ( no matter what the manafacture's do Torque steer becomes a problem over 200BHP).
Want MORE than 200 BHP start looking at RWD or AWD

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
it is for FWD Cars ( no matter what the manafacture's do Torque steer becomes a problem over 200BHP).
Oh I agree with that statement lol, next car will most likely be AWD for me and an auto maybe.

System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
Anyone here use the now TV stick? I got one today and have to say its either faulty or the biggest pos I've had the displeasure of dealing with, firstly it wouldn't connect to my WiFi so I had to Google the error code it gave then enter the platform secret screen and disable network pings, then when it did connect it downloaded an update that took the best part of an hour, and then once I'd logged into my account the stick froze and refused to show anything apart from a message saying there was a problem and a close button that didn't work neither did the power button or anything else. I've a 4 year old Chinese android box that works better than this crap. /Rant.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Anyone here use the now TV stick? I got one today and have to say its either faulty or the biggest pos I've had the displeasure of dealing with, firstly it wouldn't connect to my WiFi so I had to Google the error code it gave then enter the platform secret screen and disable network pings, then when it did connect it downloaded an update that took the best part of an hour, and then once I'd logged into my account the stick froze and refused to show anything apart from a message saying there was a problem and a close button that didn't work neither did the power button or anything else. I've a 4 year old Chinese android box that works better than this crap. /Rant.

Probably overheated or something and can't handle all the process work in the USB stick form? Not sure how Amazon fire stick handles the processing worth myself but I know back when I was using a wireless usb stick it cut out from overheating issues.
Probably better off using that chinese android box and download the now tv app or something and use that instead?

Anyone read this article?:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47237051
As much as I am all for forgiveness, giving people chances for stupid mistakes and by no mean racist but she does not deserve to come back to the UK just to take benefit of the UK health service.
She chose to go there and has no remorse and shame for being part of the IS group.
No doubt she be let back in though.

Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Probably overheated or something and can't handle all the process work in the USB stick form? Not sure how Amazon fire stick handles the processing worth myself but I know back when I was using a wireless usb stick it cut out from overheating issues.
Probably better off using that chinese android box and download the now tv app or something and use that instead?

Anyone read this article?:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47237051
As much as I am all for forgiveness, giving people chances for stupid mistakes and by no mean racist but she does not deserve to come back to the UK just to take benefit of the UK health service.
She chose to go there and has no remorse and shame for being part of the IS group.
No doubt she be let back in though.
Yea you could be right about overheating on the platform screen it did say the cpu was 85c though not having any form of cooling perhaps maybe a tiny heat sink /plate I thought that might be normal for these :confused:

And yea i agree with you on the link, I don't think anyone who ran off to support isis should ever step for on these shores again, definitely a likely danger to the public if not now then in the future, beds made, should be lay in.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Yea you could be right about overheating on the platform screen it did say the cpu was 85c though not having any form of cooling perhaps maybe a tiny heat sink /plate I thought that might be normal for these :confused:

And yea i agree with you on the link, I don't think anyone who ran off to support isis should ever step for on these shores again, definitely a likely danger to the public if not now then in the future, beds made, should be lay in.
85C holy crap but be sucking in the hot air from the TV aswell haha, I agree if she won't be a threat but her upbringer may be a danger but hey..the UK going to let her back in because she is still a "british" citizen.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
What colour do I spray my Brabus Monoblocks? Alloys are being refurbed and the original Mercedes Silver is boring. Car is electric blue.

Don't say black or silver. Booooooooring. Partner says white will look like a chav's car.

As a trade painter I have access to pretty much any colour ever.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
@phill 300bhp is definitely enough for a road car use..but the itch for more will always take over.

Oh I agree with that statement lol, next car will most likely be AWD for me and an auto maybe.

I will say that Rover 220 Turbo Coupe was an amazing car, it had a little more power than the Cupra and if I'm honest, it was probably faster as well.. Torque steer wasn't such an issue with it, it just gripped and went but the Mk5 GTI I had previously to the Cupra R, has the same faults as the Cupra, you just can't get the power down when it's slightly damp at all.
For AWD, the Impreza I had was a beast, miss it..

But since as the Cupra is having issues at the moment as in, it's not starting, I'm driving the girl friends car, a Zest 2 1.2 and oh dear lord it's killing me inside...... :laugh: If I don't laugh, I'm going to cry... But then again, I think I might cry anyways :cry::cry::cry::banghead::banghead:

System Name Red Radiance l under construction
Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Memory TridentZ Neo rgb 3600mhz (2x8 kit)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 nitro+
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Audio Device(s) sennheiser's pc323d usb soundcard
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse roccat burst pro
Keyboard roccat ryos mk fx
Software windows 10
What colour do I spray my Brabus Monoblocks? Alloys are being refurbed and the original Mercedes Silver is boring. Car is electric blue.

Don't say black or silver. Booooooooring. Partner says white will look like a chav's car.

www.random.org
3 times 0-255 for RGB and once 1-4 for plain/matt/metalic/perl

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11

Blue on blue.
Well i'm getting bit stressed out with my silly Asus laptop, it won't power off completely, restart works then it takes like a minute before it respond and hibernation doesn't work correctly either.
Somewhere internally has messed up the middle cycle of the process and I don't understand how when I barely use the laptop, the bios is up to date, can't downgrade unless somebody knows how.
Not sure if I should try ubuntu or something and see if it do the same thing or not?

In other news the home office wants to strip that IS girl of her british citizenship, I feel bad for that lawyer that has to deal with this matter.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
I feel bad for that lawyer that has to deal with this matter.
He is a lawyer he gets paid irrespective of the result.

on a side note
In other news the home office wants to strip that IS girl of her british citizenship
She Married a Dutchman let her apply for Dutch Citizanshit Problem moved to the Dutch Courts

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
He is a lawyer he gets paid irrespective of the result.

on a side note She Married a Dutchman let her apply for Dutch Citizanshit Problem moved to the Dutch Courts
Very strong poker face for anyone that has to deal with flat-out criminals and other nasty people, I just can't do it myself lol.
That is true she could apply for dutch citizenship...whether the dutch would take her though lol.

Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
I really fancy a new case and PSU but funds are tight at the minute, I have some stuff lying around I don't use any more that I could eBay, namely a Gamecube console with some saught after games (Mario sunshine party, Mario Kart double dash, a couple of resident evils) and a couple of controllers, I'm sure the bundle would raise the funds I need on eBay though I'm kinda in 2 minds whether or not to part with this as it could potentially be worth a lot more money in a few more years time as they are fetching decent money as it is for saught after games and bundles... advices? :confused:

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
I really fancy a new case and PSU but funds are tight at the minute, I have some stuff lying around I don't use any more that I could eBay, namely a Gamecube console with some saught after games (Mario sunshine party, Mario Kart double dash, a couple of resident evils) and a couple of controllers, I'm sure the bundle would raise the funds I need on eBay though I'm kinda in 2 minds whether or not to part with this as it could potentially be worth a lot more money in a few more years time as they are fetching decent money as it is for saught after games and bundles... advices? :confused:

Never sell something to pay for something else if you can help it. I think the most fitting phrase is, "Don't rob Peter, to pay Paul"

I've a few Gamecube consoles, some boxed others not, they are here till I'm dead basically lol Kept for my daughter and other baby (when it arrives!!)

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Any old game consoles and games are all collectors and should not be sold unless you're in dire need of cash to survive, I would not recommend selling them for new case and PSU.
I'm now looking at booking car in for a clutch&flywheel change sometime in march..oh the joy, I hate replacing these things as I had bad luck with my 208 GTI lol.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Hnnnnng buckled alloy was more painful than anticipated. £240 for full straighten, refurb, repaint, and had to replace the tyre on it as the deflation over time had shredded the tyre wall on the inside. Ended up getting both tyres done for posterity.

No new alloys for me...

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Hnnnnng buckled alloy was more painful than anticipated. £240 for full straighten, refurb, repaint, and had to replace the tyre on it as the deflation over time had shredded the tyre wall on the inside. Ended up getting both tyres done for posterity.

No new alloys for me...
Probably would have been cheaper if you didn't need replace the tyres.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
What are your tyres like for buying @kurosagi01 ? I think mine cost me about £90 to £100 a corner :( @RCoon , what size tyres have you got mate? :)

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
What are your tyres like for buying @kurosagi01 ? I think mine cost me about £90 to £100 a corner :( @RCoon , what size tyres have you got mate? :)
I'm currently on Goodyear Eagle F1s, roughly £95 per corner with fitting but I had a colleague fitted mine for £20 so I paid £80 per corner and saved myself at least £40 in grand scheme.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Any savings are good for the car :) I was thankful the other day I just needed a replacement battery rather than anything more serious.. I was so glad to get out of my girl friends Zest 2 Pug.... I think I might have been dying inside a little... :(

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Any savings are good for the car :) I was thankful the other day I just needed a replacement battery rather than anything more serious.. I was so glad to get out of my girl friends Zest 2 Pug.... I think I might have been dying inside a little... :(
I'll get that feeling if I have to drive something slow, terrible steering and driver seat. I had pleasure of driving a Toyota Aygo and Yaris as courtesy car (wish it was the GRMN) back when I had to leave the GT86 with Toyota for day or two and then a Peugeot 108 or something in purple for week when the both fuel pump needed replacing in the 208 GTI.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I find it's amazing what you get used to and if you've never had anything sporty, driving something like that is a very new and great experience I think :) From my Honda Civic 1.4 I had as a second car, I've had a very varied car experience I think, even with the few cars I've actually owned. I hope one day I can get something that's more what I'd like rather than what I can perhaps afford... :)

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
I find it's amazing what you get used to and if you've never had anything sporty, driving something like that is a very new and great experience I think :) From my Honda Civic 1.4 I had as a second car, I've had a very varied car experience I think, even with the few cars I've actually owned. I hope one day I can get something that's more what I'd like rather than what I can perhaps afford... :)
I don't think I can go back to driving anything with poor steering rack after experiencing the GT86, the Seat Leon FR diesel I had was way too artificial with the weight of turning the wheel to how direct the steering is corresponding to the wheels turning.
200bhp is a minimum for me aswell when it comes to power, can't go anything lower than that or i'll just cry..

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I don't think I can go back to driving anything with poor steering rack after experiencing the GT86, the Seat Leon FR diesel I had was way too artificial with the weight of turning the wheel to how direct the steering is corresponding to the wheels turning.
200bhp is a minimum for me aswell when it comes to power, can't go anything lower than that or i'll just cry..

I know what you mean.. Whilst some call the Cupra a beast, for me it's a fairly average performer, but I'd love to give it a little more grunt and performance... Kinda fancied a dump valve for it :laugh:

*innocently sips tea*

Does anyone want to be my friend? ^-^

I am kinda looking for friends irl. Cuz... I have none. :c