• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Some people accuse TPU of 'bias' towards Nvidia.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
I wouldn't say amd shines I would say the ideal behind Dx12 can utilize a design that isn't really targeted directly at gaming

Not trying to be a jerk, but what really is the difference? When DX12 games are on hand, AMD generally does much better. Much of the time, even better than their NV contemporaries. If that isn't shining, I don't really know what it is. Compared to AMD's DX11 performance, DX12 is clearly shining.

At the end of the day, I'm still trying to work out what is so special about DX12
It is supposed to let the developers get closer to 'bare metal'. That is, it is supposed to get rid of all the overhead of Microsoft's bloated, slow api calls. In theory, this should allow developers to seriously optimize their stuff for better performance. You can see that it works when you look at AMD's performance jump. They have all that 'theoretical, extra horsepower' that gets all clogged up in fat DX11 calls but is allowed to breath in DX12.

However, what we get is a bunch of lazy developers publishers who don't want to go that route and get down and do what it takes to program at the lower levels, ie, it costs more and takes longer. The farther abstracted you get from machine language, the lower performance. That is why applications that need to be the fastest are written in the lowest levels.

This is why I see problems with RTX acceptance. Besides console adoption, if it is not stupid easy and have high returns, it isn't getting done.

Last edited:
System Name Budget AMD System
Processor Threadripper 1900X @ 4.1Ghz (100x41 @ 1.3250V)
Motherboard Gigabyte X399 Aorus Gaming 7
Cooling EKWB X399 Monoblock
Memory 4x8GB GSkill TridentZ RGB 14-14-14-32 CR1 @ 3266
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX Vega₆⁴ Liquid @ 1,800Mhz Core, 1025Mhz HBM2
Storage 1x ADATA SX8200 NVMe, 1x Segate 2.5" FireCuda 2TB SATA, 1x 500GB HGST SATA
Display(s) Vizio 22" 1080p 60hz TV (Samsung Panel)
Case Corsair 570X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic X Series 850W KM3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I see your point. I guess what leaves me off-put is the constant comparison to Nvidia. Which is really my problem. I have no interest in Nvidia or their products...for personal reasons. Thus...I don't really care how other products stack up compared to theirs. I don't care how theirs perform. I don't care how much theirs cost. I don't care if for the same price theirs is better. I don't care if for a lesser price theirs is better. I JUST DO NOT CARE ABOUT NVIDIA. But I realize other people do. And that for a review something usually needs compared to something else to make certain points about it. I just wish it wasn't always a comparison to Nvidia somethings. Is that sensible or reasonable? Probably not. None-the-less...I don't like it.

Long story short...it's me. Not you. And I know that. But I still gotta be me.

I care generally first about price to performance. Most people generally do. Could reviews be restructured to only include results from Nvidia on an Nvidia card and only results from AMD cards on an AMD card review? Sure. I just don't see it being a thing as most people want that data aggregated together. As for TPU's review... It was alright but left me with some questions for W1zz.

1. Did you experience any of the buggy drivers that the other reviewers dealt with?
2. Would you consider revisiting the card if EKWB or other manufacturer did a full cover water block for the card? (to see if it helped both stock and OC results..)

As for Vega II... I just can't imagine being a reviewer and recommending it. Unless they can work out a deal with SK/Samsung on HBM2 costs and get a smaller PCB and maybe do a FuryX/Vega64 LC style card to keep thermals in check? I just don't see Vega II surviving as an air-cooled card.

Edit-

Its why I bought the Vega64 Liquid. @ $525 brand new, I couldn't pass it up. Its price to performance was better than anything else in that performance bracket.

I could have sold it 4 months later for $1200 but, I kept it. Cause I was happy with it. Drivers have matured. Its a great looking card.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
That is also the problem that swings the other way, developers can be lazy, but equally in their defecne they can't squeeze all the performance out that say NV can.

Quantum Break was a Windows store DX12 only game, but when it went Steam, the DX11 version performed far better... whilst looking identical of course.

https://www.computerbase.de/2016-09/quantum-break-steam-benchmark/3/

Because one benefits doesn't mean the other should lose, hell if W1zz isn't busy enough he should bench both. :p

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
That is also the problem that swings the other way, developers can be lazy, but equally in their defecne they can't squeeze all the performance out that say NV can.

Quantum Break was a Windows store DX12 only game, but when it went Steam, the DX11 version performed far better... whilst looking identical of course.

https://www.computerbase.de/2016-09/quantum-break-steam-benchmark/3/

Because one benefits doesn't mean the other should lose, hell if W1zz isn't busy enough he should bench both. :p

NV should benefit as well, it is just that AMD will/does benefit more based on their architecture. I have no idea how Turing fairs in this but this was the case for Maxwell and possibly Kepler as well. I haven't really been paying attention as I gave up on DX12 mostly.

I am actually continually impressed at how much NV continues to squeeze out of DX11. I just wonder when they won't be able to squeeze out anymore.

I care generally first about price to performance. Most people generally do.

I hope not because that metric is really only good for comparing cards in the same bracket. There are only two possible metrics that really matter. Price and Performance. Cards can have great price to performance and great performance but if it you can't afford it, what good is it? Conversely, a card can have great price to performance and a great price but if it doesn't have the performance you need, what good is it?

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
NV should benefit as well, it is just that AMD will/does benefit more based on their architecture. I have no idea how Turing fairs in this but this was the case for Maxwell and possibly Kepler as well. I haven't really been paying attention as I gave up on DX12 mostly.

I am actually continually impressed at how much NV continues to squeeze out of DX11. I just wonder when they won't be able to squeeze out anymore.

Well they should, but has been mentioned many times before, Nvidia are far better at maximizing their hardware, they don't need DX12 to fully exploit their hardware as it already being fully ulilised already. As you say their DX11 path is honed to perfection, devs manage to get their hands dirty in DX12 and reduce performance more often than not.

On paper AMD often offer far more TFLOPS, but in reality they still end up losing.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I'm sure AMD would have loved to release this card in 2016, but they would have needed a time machine to get the tech required to make this card back then.

If anything this is a quick money card, which only would be better at $460-500, but profits are higher at 700. So if anything lower the cost in a few months.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Only thing that I can attribute as bias is whatever gimmick Nvidia is currently running being a perpetual con at the end of AMD card review regardless of the number of game titles if any actually support the feature, e.g. no physx, and today no RTX.

If anything this is a quick money card, which only would be better at $460-500, but profits are higher at 700. So if anything lower the cost in a few months.

Hmm, not what I've been reading. Lots of "insider sources" claiming that Radeon VII costs about exactly as much to make as it sells for. I mean the VRM and RAM components alone cost something like $400 if these sources are to be believed.

System Name ASUS Z97-PRO Gamer
Processor Intel Core i7-4790K (Delidded) with Rockit 88 100% Copper IHS
Motherboard ASUS Z97-PRO Gamer
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB (8GB x4) GSkill TridentX DDR3 2400 (XMP Mode #1) Timings: 10-12-12-31
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070 FTW + ACX 3.0 (8GB GDDR5)
Storage 512GB Samsung 970 PRO (NVMe), 2TB WD Gold WD2005FBYZ-01YCBB1 SATA-3 Data drive
Display(s) LG 27UL500-W 27-Inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Monitor with Radeon Freesync Technology and HDR10, White
Case Fractal Design Define R5 (Black, no Window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard Optical (TOSLINK) from MB to VIZIO soundbar
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 650
Mouse Logitech M215
Keyboard Logitech K330
Software Windows 10 Pro Secured by Emsisoft Internet Security & Malwarebytes Premium Version 3
Benchmark Scores http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/2157372
Did anyone here other than myself get the AMD email in regards to the Radeon VII? Link below the 4K 144Hz monitor.

4K60 Support

The older DisplayPort 1.2 is capable of 3840×2160, 4K, at 60 Hz; or 1080p resolution at 144HzDisplayPort 1.3, announced in September 2014, is capable of 8K at 60Hz or 4k at 120Hz! ... DisplayPort can run multiple monitors from a single cable: you can use hubs or displays that support daisy chaining.Jun 2, 2015

If so, check one spec, never mind the memory, 7nm & so on, rather 4K performance. One should expect more than that from a card with such advancements & come 2-3 more years, the market will be saturated with 4K monitors that'll run at 144Hz, or do 120FPS in games. Here's one & it's not exactly new.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...c-hdr-4k-144hz-gaming-monitor-announced-specs

https://www.amd.com/en/products/gra...pJobID=1460608619&spReportId=MTQ2MDYwODYxOQS2

DisplayPort 1.4 spec is 8K is the same, '4K60' sounds more like DP 1.3. There are 8K monitors on the market, wonder how the Radeon VII will benchmark on one? Looking at Newegg, these cards are all sold out, at $699.99 a pop, I don't see full DP 1.4 specs, nor should we expect it at that price. DP 1.4 monitors finally arrived in 2018 to mainstream users, expect GPU's to be tested to the limit.

https://www.newegg.com/GraphicsCardsPromoStore/EventSaleStore/ID-2041834

DP 1.4 specs, to include support for 8K at 60Hz.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/201...an-drive-8k-monitors-over-a-usb-type-c-cable/

I believe that NVIDIA will beat AMD to the punch here & am not biased, rather telling it like it is. Give AMD credit for keeping NVIDIA from charging $1,000+ for RTX 1070's, which is a winner for all, yet they're playing by (or writing) their own rules. This Radeon VII release is not DP 1.4 compliant by any stretch of the imagination.

Cat

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Hmm, not what I've been reading. Lots of "insider sources" claiming that Radeon VII costs about exactly as much to make as it sells for. I mean the VRM and RAM components alone cost something like $400 if these sources are to be believed.

I will pm you a video

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
One of the only reasons I still even casually hang around here is the reviews are regularly top notch.

As far as I can tell, there is no bias, only angry users with an axe to grind one way or another for their favorite brand.

I will pm you a video

I love how you just PM things to avoid general discussion as of late.

Well they should, but has been mentioned many times before, Nvidia are far better at maximizing their hardware,

Nvidia's software profiling lab & devrel setups are second to none.

they don't need DX12 to fully exploit their hardware as it already being fully ulilised already.

It's more accurate to say NVs uarch benefits less under DX12/Vulkan, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily slower in all DX12 games.

As you say their DX11 path is honed to perfection, devs manage to get their hands dirty in DX12 and reduce performance more often than not.

Funny, I thought we were playing the dev's games - not the IHV's. ;) DX12 needs to be built into the engine from the ground up to benefit, which means high man hour cost for game engine devs that studios don't want to risk.

On paper AMD often offer far more TFLOPS, but in reality they still end up losing.

Which games are alu limited & for what portion of a frame? How does geometry/pipeline/back-end compare? It should be quite clear to most that Turing has a better uarch, with much better cache pipeline resulting in less stalls/bubbles & better bandwidth & memory utilisation with seemingly lower peak resource values. It's also easier/more flexible to pack in more alus rather than fixed function logic. The tradeoff (in part) is silicon area/cost.

Incidentally, what ever happened to FCAT, TWIMTBB?

System Name ASUS Z97-PRO Gamer
Processor Intel Core i7-4790K (Delidded) with Rockit 88 100% Copper IHS
Motherboard ASUS Z97-PRO Gamer
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB (8GB x4) GSkill TridentX DDR3 2400 (XMP Mode #1) Timings: 10-12-12-31
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070 FTW + ACX 3.0 (8GB GDDR5)
Storage 512GB Samsung 970 PRO (NVMe), 2TB WD Gold WD2005FBYZ-01YCBB1 SATA-3 Data drive
Display(s) LG 27UL500-W 27-Inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Monitor with Radeon Freesync Technology and HDR10, White
Case Fractal Design Define R5 (Black, no Window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard Optical (TOSLINK) from MB to VIZIO soundbar
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 650
Mouse Logitech M215
Keyboard Logitech K330
Software Windows 10 Pro Secured by Emsisoft Internet Security & Malwarebytes Premium Version 3
Benchmark Scores http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/2157372
What's wrong with AMD drivers? much better than NVIDIA IMO the rest is par for the course.

Try installing AMD's latest 'recommended' drivers on a MSI Radeon 7770 GHz edition & the driver issues will be seen fast.:)

This is why I stick with 15.7 on Windows 7 & whatever Microsoft throws at me on Windows 10, last time I updated to latest, was a disaster. Had to use the DDI tool from here & re-updated Windows 10 to their recommended, can get a bit of an overclock w/out crashing. Maybe on newer cards these performs better, mine was from 2012.

Maybe it's luck, on Windows have yet to receive a bad NVIDIA driver package, unfortunately can't say the same for Linux, I've stopped trying to add a PPA for the latest. This means I'm like 7-8 major driver releases behind, yet as long as these works (just as the older AMD ones on Windows), I'm good. Newer drivers aren't always better & this applies to much of a computer's hardware.

Cat

System Name Crisco / Backup
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600 / FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS X570 / Gigabyte 970-DS3p-FX
Cooling Wraith Stealth / AMD Factory
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 GB (3200) / G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 16 GB (1600)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GDDR6 / Asus RX 470 8 GB GDDR5
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Display(s) Viotek 34-Inch Ultrawide Curved 100Hz 3440x1440p, / 52" Sharp 1080p
Case Coolermaster Elite 430 / ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
Power Supply Thermaltake 750 watt / Corsair 550 watt Modular
Mouse Logitech G502 SE HERO / Logitech G602
Keyboard Gamesir GK100 / Steel Series
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
New USA, get butthurt over everything, SMFH!

Did anyone here other than myself get the AMD email in regards to the Radeon VII? Link below the 4K 144Hz monitor.

If so, check one spec, never mind the memory, 7nm & so on, rather 4K performance. One should expect more than that from a card with such advancements & come 2-3 more years, the market will be saturated with 4K monitors that'll run at 144Hz, or do 120FPS in games. Here's one & it's not exactly new.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...c-hdr-4k-144hz-gaming-monitor-announced-specs

https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-vii?utm_source=silverpop&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=38807948&utm_term=btn_ Learn More&utm_content=global-general-product-technology-2019Feb-RadeonVII-en (1):&spMailingID=38807948&spUserID=ODQ0MTcwODE0MjQ1S0&spJobID=1460608619&spReportId=MTQ2MDYwODYxOQS2

DisplayPort 1.4 spec is 8K is the same, '4K60' sounds more like DP 1.3. There are 8K monitors on the market, wonder how the Radeon VII will benchmark on one? Looking at Newegg, these cards are all sold out, at $699.99 a pop, I don't see full DP 1.4 specs, nor should we expect it at that price. DP 1.4 monitors finally arrived in 2018 to mainstream users, expect GPU's to be tested to the limit.

https://www.newegg.com/GraphicsCardsPromoStore/EventSaleStore/ID-2041834

DP 1.4 specs, to include support for 8K at 60Hz.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/201...an-drive-8k-monitors-over-a-usb-type-c-cable/

I believe that NVIDIA will beat AMD to the punch here & am not biased, rather telling it like it is. Give AMD credit for keeping NVIDIA from charging $1,000+ for RTX 1070's, which is a winner for all, yet they're playing by (or writing) their own rules. This Radeon VII release is not DP 1.4 compliant by any stretch of the imagination.

Cat
By that same token Maxwell's weren't HDMI 2.0 compliant as well, though we had seen the same bandwagon effect claiming they were.
Truth is AMD just claimed the 'VRR' HDMI designation, so it is Nvidia who has to open up support. I believe there were big market trends at play here, so dp 1.4 will never be in TVs for instance. It is for display sets only and not how integral to industry as AMD sees it.
PS: Also, electing variables is the same as cherrypicking which results come out on top and between these two it is "Intel versus AMD", so let's not attach bias on any party. It is by designation so.

Last edited:

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Not trying to be a jerk, but what really is the difference? When DX12 games are on hand, AMD generally does much better. Much of the time, even better than their NV contemporaries. If that isn't shining, I don't really know what it is. Compared to AMD's DX11 performance, DX12 is clearly shining

The idea that it shows AMD shinning. It doesn't show that it shows that nvidia cards are good in all aspects of gaming. There shouldn't be sudden massive gains purely because someone else developed a work around for your product not being well rounded.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
I'm with the rest of the oldschool gang who come from a time when people thought TPU was ATi biased. I even thought so at the time... not as much as to think that TPU were fudging reviews to make ATi look better than they were (or make nVidia look worse, etc), but it just seemed that ATi got more attention, with all the softmods, and, of course, ATiTool... though nVidia cards got attention, too. Perhaps more things were possible with ATi cards at that specific time, so that's why it looked that way to me?

Anyways, biased is one thing TPU is not. W1zzard can't help it if the numbers favor nVidia. They have the superior product. Somebody out there can't see through their own bias, so they point the bias finger at TPU. :ohwell:

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
There shouldn't be sudden massive gains purely because someone else developed a work around for your product not being well rounded.

I don't disagree but we talking about semantics.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
New USA, get butthurt over everything, SMFH!
Pretty sure it’s an international forum that happens to use English. Perhaps it makes it confusing, and that’s why your snide comment about butthurt USA, which has nothing to do with the topic?

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Pretty sure it’s an international forum that happens to use English. Perhaps it makes it confusing, and that’s why your snide comment about butthurt USA, which has nothing to do with the topic?

Yeah his comment is irrelevent to this topic, i think he has been drinking vodka again.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
If we could get over the preponderence of Intel cpus in testing I believe we would shed all doubt on this matter because let's face it, the diffences are not so virtual. I appreciate TPU holding on its own and not delving into the mainstream but you've given past guidance on hardware as a whole. It is not like pc hardware is stopping any time soon. Demonstrability is great on a single system, but what about representability? A cpu that had a reputation for supply challenges is the basis point? I suppose not - not for everyone.

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
i still think the 1080Ti is best buy just not willing to throw that kind of money away.
weeeellll situation dependent .... a 1080Ti is still 900+ chf for me (2080 alike ) and the RVII is positioned as it should between these two and the 2070 (700chf~) and performance wise at 2k it is exactly where it is ...

for me it would be a RVII instead of a 2080 or 2070.

as for the bias ... either i see none or i i don't really care about it if there ever was one ...

eh? wth?
Vodka is made from potatoes
not only.... some are made from grains... but i doubt potatoes would relate Vodka to Idaho ... ah well whatever...