• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

kozak0211

Yes, i forgot about it - it is connected too, but i got sound on all speakers anyway, 5.1 don't work

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Yes, i forgot about it - it is connected too, but i got sound on all speakers anyway, 5.1 don't work
On stock drivers, can you play 5.1 content (e.g. dd/dts movies)? If your system is properly configured, native 5.1 content must be playable as 5.1, even on stock drivers.

System Name It's just a computer
Processor i9-9900K Direct Die
Motherboard eVGA Z390 Dark
Cooling Dual D5T Vario, XSPC BayRes, Nemesis GTR560, NF-A14-iPPC3000PWM, NF-A14-iPPC2000, HK IV Pro Nickel
Memory G.Skill F4-4500C19D-16GTZKKE or G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZ or G.Skill F4-4000C19D-32GTZSW
Video Card(s) eVGA RTX2080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 EVO M.2
Display(s) LG 32GK650F
Case Thermaltake Xaser VI
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G/Z-5500
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-1300
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1
So, I used Phitos patch on 6.0.1.8432 and got DTS working.

However, I have tried several drivers after that, and none work, at all, as in; no sound.

ALC1150.

Any suggestions to get a newer driver working?

For me, it's v6.0.1.8152 the latest driver set working with Pihto's patcher. After that, the only way to make a new driver set work is by copying the two patched files from v6.0.1.8152 into each driver set.

BR

Cooling Dual D5T Vario, XSPC BayRes, Nemesis GTR560, NF-A14-iPPC3000PWM, NF-A14-iPPC2000, HK IV Pro Nickel
Memory G.Skill F4-4500C19D-16GTZKKE or G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZ or G.Skill F4-4000C19D-32GTZSW
Display(s) LG 32GK650F
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
I should probably leave well enough alone.

It is working properly, but do newer drivers really add anything worthwhile?

Display(s) LG 32GK650F
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
8619 WHQL does not.

Processor i7-7700k @ 4.9Ghz
Motherboard Asus Prime Z270-A
Cooling Arctic Freezer 33 eSports DUO
Memory 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX GTX1070
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Seagate 2TB SSHD
Display(s) 2x HP 23xi
Case Phantex P400S TG
Power Supply Corsair RM750X
Mouse Asus ROG Gladius II
Keyboard Logitech G510
I don't have an issue with getting DTS:Interactive, that is there as standard on my sound card (S1220A) and the default Drivers for my board (Asus Z270-a) have DTS interactive as an option, without patching... however it has issues, I'm using an older set of speakers (Creative Inspire GD580) with DTS decoding, and i'm connected via optical, the DTS encoding works, and I hear it on my speakers, but after being on for a few hours, I notice random 'pops', and looking at my receiver, the DTS light flickers off and on for each pop (as though it's loosing the DTS signal, i'm unsure exactly how long / what triggers it)

I have tried it with my Onkyo system in the front room, and the same happens, have also tried a different optical cable (tried 3 up to now) and no difference..

I did have an issue a couple of revisions ago, where when the audio dipped too quiet in dialog, the DTS would cut out (as though it triggers to 'disable' below a certain dB) - however this isn't really an issue anymore, it's just the random cutting out I'm trying to resolve now!

Note: Previously used an Asus Xonar D1, also with DTS:Interactive (DTS:Connect it was called on that) and didn't have any of these issues, using the same speakers/cable via optical)

Zagdul

For me, it's v6.0.1.8152 the latest driver set working with Pihto's patcher. After that, the only way to make a new driver set work is by copying the two patched files from v6.0.1.8152 into each driver set.

BR
Would you mind walking this process through? This is the first time I'm doing this and I'm trying to catch up to the methods to get it working on the latest and I've hit this post. Since I've never done it before, some steps are foreign.

As I understand:

1. Download patcher.
2. Download .8152 and patch these files. (does it matter where I get these files? I have an ASUS ROG Board, can I use the ASUS ROG version?)
3. Download latest patch, run patcher on this > install > reboot > copy patched files from .8152 over to appropriate folders?

This is the most frustrating process ever. I spent extra for a motherboard with good sound on it in order to run uncompressed sound to my amp.

I spent extra on a long cable so that I'd run optical. I get this all setup and the idea falls on it's face.

I've been trying to get this to work all day and in order to find instructions, you have to read this whole thread.

Adding to the frustration.

I have reinstalled my drivers 5 different times today using 5 different methods in this thread. Still no option for 5.1 with SPDIF/Optical.

Last edited:
Display(s) 2x HP 23xi
Case Phantex P400S TG
Keyboard Logitech G510
Would you mind walking this process through? This is the first time I'm doing this and I'm trying to catch up to the methods to get it working on the latest and I've hit this post. Since I've never done it before, some steps are foreign.

As I understand:

1. Download patcher.
2. Download .8152 and patch these files. (does it matter where I get these files? I have an ASUS ROG Board, can I use the ASUS ROG version?)
3. Download latest patch, run patcher on this > install > reboot > copy patched files from .8152 over to appropriate folders?

This is the most frustrating process ever. I spent extra for a motherboard with good sound on it in order to run uncompressed sound to my amp.

I spent extra on a long cable so that I'd run optical. I get this all setup and the idea falls on it's face.

I've been trying to get this to work all day and in order to find instructions, you have to read this whole thread.

Adding to the frustration.

I have reinstalled my drivers 5 different times today using 5 different methods in this thread. Still no option for 5.1 with SPDIF/Optical.

What board (exactly) do you have? if it has the S1220A chip, then you can just use the asus drivers, and it should be there under "Default Format" - scroll to the bottom of the list, and select it... (on my board, I also have to go into sound settings > properties > Enhancements and tick "Dolby Interactive"")

Zagdul

Thank you for the response.
ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING

ROG SupremeFX High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A

I was led here in my attempt to enable 5.1 (or anything more than 2 channels) by default as I'm connecting an amplifier via optical/SPDIF.

To be clear, the option doesn't exist with the Asus drivers. My first attempt at enabling this was that this morning, I cleaned out my drivers and installed the Asus drivers off their site. When I connected the optical and didn't see the option anywhere, I started digging.

Since then, I've recycled drivers 3 times starting with patching the new Asus one from their site, this didn't work.
I then was reading this thread and got to the above steps I laid out and am fumbling with the process.

I'm in awe at how difficult this is. I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff.

Last edited:
Display(s) 2x HP 23xi
Case Phantex P400S TG
Keyboard Logitech G510
Yours is the same chip as mine....

try these drivers (from my board) - Should still work fine... (don't patch them)

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-A/HelpDesk_Download/

Once installed, open up the Asus Audio Manager, go to "Default Format" tab, and select the very bottom option from in there.... it should be Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS Interactive or something....

Also, Right click your windows speaker, go to "open sound settings" - and then "Sound Control panel" from the list on the right (2nd option down), from there double click your sound card, click "Enhancements" and scroll to the bottom, make sure the DTS or Dolby Digital option is ticked, click ok, and you should be good to go.... That is all I do with mine, with the same chip, and it works fine...

(Note: Mine works fine, except for the issue I posted above, however this could be something else on my system, hence me being here trying additional drivers, my 'popping' issue is still present with these latest drivers, so i'm continuing my search for a solution, getting 5.1 over Optical has never been an issue for me....)

Zagdul

Yep, that's a different driver for sure.

Trying now, will report back shortly....

I'm not sure what I'm missing here... Is there some kind of registry hack I need?

Can you verify that your hardware id is the same?

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1168&SUBSYS_10438723&REV_1000

I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1803

I have an old driver cleaner that nukes any remains of drivers through safemode. Since I've been through this process a few times, I may have broke something so I'm going to nuke the driver, run sfc / DISM, clean up the registry then attempt another install and see if I have different results.

When I select DTS or Dolby Digital and hit test, it sends the signal to all channels, I just can't default it to Dolby or 5.1...

1551758214884.png

1551758230541.png

Last edited:
Display(s) 2x HP 23xi
Case Phantex P400S TG
Keyboard Logitech G510
It's the same as mine, here's mine...

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1168

You should have an option under that "Advanced" tab... the "Supported Formats" is just your receiver (really only tests pass-thru)

Should have this (or similar) in here...

sound.png

Zagdul

Hey, you have a dolby tab.

I'm on this again. I'm determined to make this work.

I just nuked every sound driver not included in Windows. I did a WMI reset for poops and giggles.

If this does't work, I'm loading a fresh copy of Windows up on another drive and trying to install this driver.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Hey, you have a dolby tab.

I'm on this again. I'm determined to make this work.

I just nuked every sound driver not included in Windows. I did a WMI reset for poops and giggles.

If this does't work, I'm loading a fresh copy of Windows up on another drive and trying to install this driver.
What features do you want? If only DDL out is what you want, I can recommend you try APO Driver. This is an universal solution and can provide DDL on any output. Reply if interested, I (or someone else) can guide how to apply.

Zagdul

I would like to be able to set the default format to Dolby Digital or Dolby DTS from an optical connection to my amplifier. There's something preventing me from seeing Dolby at all as an option and I'm on the same hardware ID.

If you read my last couple posts, you'll see what I've done. At this point, I've been installing/reinstalling the driver Ghozer linked above which he says he's on.

So, same realtek chip, same driver, different results.

@Ghozer would you mind posting a screenshot of you enabling it in the "Asus Audio Manager"?

Display(s) 2x HP 23xi
Case Phantex P400S TG
Keyboard Logitech G510
I have a Dolby tab as i'm currently using modified drivers from here (was trying to sort my popping issue out) - I'll reinstall the Asus one as soon as I have some time, and post some screenshots...

Meanwhile, go to the "Enhancements" tab, and look at the bottom of the list, is there a DTS:Live or DTS:Interactive in there? if so, tick it....

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
I would like to be able to set the default format to Dolby Digital or Dolby DTS from an optical connection to my amplifier. There's something preventing me from seeing Dolby at all as an option and I'm on the same hardware ID.

If you read my last couple posts, you'll see what I've done. At this point, I've been installing/reinstalling the driver Ghozer linked above which he says he's on.

So, same realtek chip, same driver, different results.

@Ghozer would you mind posting a screenshot of you enabling it in the "Asus Audio Manager"?
So you just want DDL. APO Driver can do that. It does not rely on any modded driver; it rtequires it to be applied on a stock driver.
Have you tested a Dolby Digital audio file/movie playback with bitstream? Did it work?

Zagdul

I need that modified driver, which one are you using? I've tried 3 different modified drivers.

Isn't there a script I'm supposed to run to open up something in the registry?

1551818525643.png

So you just want DDL. APO Driver can do that. It does not rely on any modded driver; it rtequires it to be applied on a stock driver.
Have you tested a Dolby Digital audio file/movie playback with bitstream? Did it work?
This APO driver? http://puresoftapps.blogspot.com/2018/04/realtek-apo-driver.html

I want the DEFAULT format for OPTICAL to be Dolby Digital. This used to be possible. Ghozer has demonstrated this working and provided a link to a driver, I am missing a step somewhere.

"So you just want DDL" > Yes.

"APO Driver can do that" > Which one? I've tried a bunch. Can you provide a link?

Can you read back to this post and start there. I've been installing/reinstalling drivers since Friday. I waited a few days and read everything I could before posting.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...-live-and-dts-interactive.193148/post-4005040

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
I need that modified driver, which one are you using? I've tried 3 different modified drivers.

Isn't there a script I'm supposed to run to open up something in the registry?

View attachment 117969

This APO driver? http://puresoftapps.blogspot.com/2018/04/realtek-apo-driver.html

I want the DEFAULT format for OPTICAL to be Dolby Digital. This used to be possible. Ghozer has demonstrated this working and provided a link to a driver, I am missing a step somewhere.

"So you just want DDL" > Yes.

"APO Driver can do that" > Which one? I've tried a bunch. Can you provide a link?

Can you read back to this post and start there. I've been installing/reinstalling drivers since Friday. I waited a few days and read everything I could before posting.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...-live-and-dts-interactive.193148/post-4005040
Latest 64bit
Use with stock driver.

Zagdul

If this doesn't work can I come back and vent my frustrations at you since this is obviously all your fault?

:)

Is install order for driver/APO important?

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
If this doesn't work can I come back and vent my frustrations at you since this is obviously all your fault?

:)

Is install order for driver/APO important?
Stock driver then APO Driver
All audio drivers must be stock. Remove any modded drivers and their components from the system.

If you get frustrated, I shall enjoy watching you get frustrated. (Though I might still help, a bit)

Zagdul

Yeah, still no go. I have a spare HHD I'm gonna throw windows on tomorrow morning and try again. This is an old install and hardware has been flipped around a bit. I've also messed with this driver enough to where I may have broke something.

Display(s) 2x HP 23xi
Case Phantex P400S TG
Keyboard Logitech G510
ok, here's a screenshot of my Asus Audio Manager, Default Format tab... with the DTS:Interactive option - I select this, then 5.1 works perfect through my speakers (I don't need to physically click the configure button and tell windows it's 5.1 tho, I have tested with games, and 5.1 demo files etc..)

audio-format.png