• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

I already downloaded that Nvidia Graphic Driver, it does not contains any of the Dolby Vision Drivers & UWP App

I already checked Lenovo, Dell sites, it's graphic driver, doesn't contains any drivers & files related to Dolby Vision

It's not complete Dolby Vision Driver, only supports that specific dell laptop, need some to customize for all displays

Last edited:
It's not complete Dolby Vision Driver, only supports that specific dell laptop, need some to customize for all displays
That's what I think Nghia is going to do with the Dolby Vision UWP App and driver, to make work with all displays. Which would be amazing if possible.

That's what I think Nghia is going to do with the Dolby Vision UWP App and driver, to make work with all displays. Which would be amazing if possible.

Dolby Vision is so amazing & Pricey, making it work on other Monitors is difficult compared to Dolby Atmos for other Desktops, alanfox should know this, as he is interested in Graphic Drivers

baribal

Last edited:

baribal

I have the Creative AE-5 sound card and wanted to try Dolby Atmos for Headphones in pure Direct HP mode w/o any Creative enhancements. Latest driver from Creative, latest updated W10 1809 LTSC. I set up the Windows Store appx additionally but also tried to set up appx packages manually. I tried to use Dolby Atmos for Headphones Trial - no sound at all in the Dolby Access in Amaze (Dolby Atmos for Headphones enabled in the Spatial Sound). Tried to install also latest APO driver and Dolby Atmos Speaker System and later tried to install Dolby Atmos for Gaming (doesn't want to start at all "There is a problem accessing the Dolby Atmos driver"). Used instructions from here https://pastebin.com/uK09D6iu. Anyone able to assist with this issue?

BTW, I have 2.1 set up and used Creative enhancements to mix 5.1 in movies into the 2.1 (used audio output "Same as input" in Potplayer so Windows Mixer and then Creative software was used to mix channels). Worked OK. Is it possible to do it with Dolby Atmos Speaker System or Dolby Atmos for Gaming? Will I notice any improvements? What would you recommend for my set up?

Many thanks in advance.

PS: Afaiu the APO driver required for Dolby Atmos Speaker System or Dolby Atmos for Gaming only in my case? Dolby Atmos for Headphones set up and enabled just by installing Dolby Access and Dolby Atmos for Headphones Trial package from the Windows Store (however as I said above no sound in the Dolby Access in Amaze).

Last edited:

kingofmummy

all you guy need Dolby Vision UWP?
and the guy named "Nghĩa" from dldolby blogspot didn't share? really unkind man.

so here you're

enjoy!!

and the guy named "Nghĩa" from dldolby blogspot didn't share? really unkind man.

so here you're

enjoy!!
And you need to have driver and videos that support 10 bits. Without these two things, you don't see the difference
You need a Netflix Premium account to display Dolby Vision. Setting that application is useless, it doesn't work

kingofmummy

And you need to have driver and videos that support 10 bits. Without these two things, you don't see the difference
You need a Netflix Premium account to display Dolby Vision. Setting that application is useless, it doesn't work

why just only Netflix everywhere? there are much more another source having Dolby Vision contents (uhd discs, amz prime, vudu...). the important thing here is the thing to delivery dolby vision contents. that requires LCD panels capable and have licensing to Dolby to support Dolby Vision (some high end TVs or some laptops have 400+ nits panel)

so here you're

enjoy!!

Can you give link of the Dolby Vision UWP App, it shows incompatible in my pc, unable to install in my pc, just find out method to download uwp app from microsoft store separately

Last edited:
System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Can you give link of the Dolby Vision UWP App, it shows incompatible in my pc, unable to install in my pc, just find out method to download uwp app from microsoft store separately
Don't bother; even if you are able to install it, you will need to have a hdr display. Do you have one?

Don't bother; even if you are able to install it, you will need to have a hdr display. Do you have one?

I don't have HDR Monitor, i just simply want to give it a try once, if anyone here have HDR Monitor, they can download uwp app separately from windows store

why just only Netflix everywhere? there are much more another source having Dolby Vision contents (uhd discs, amz prime, vudu...). the important thing here is the thing to delivery dolby vision contents. that requires LCD panels capable and have licensing to Dolby to support Dolby Vision (some high end TVs or some laptops have 400+ nits panel)
You will not know if it plays the true Dolby Vision video on 10-bit videos.It must have reported that it is playing the correct Vision video.In order to know if it has a Vision standard, using a Netflix Pre account, you will see a notice of Vision support when playing supported videos, and if it do not working, you will not see the Vision logo.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
I don't have HDR Monitor, i just simply want to give it a try once, if anyone here have HDR Monitor, they can download uwp app separately from windows store
Even if you are able to install it, no featuers could be used; Dolby Vision requires hardware support, unlike Atmos, which can work on older systems.

Beside that: This thread is for audio enhancers. Create a separate thread for Dolby Vision discussion.

Even if you are able to install it, no featuers could be used; Dolby Vision requires hardware support, unlike Atmos, which can work on older systems.

Beside that: This thread is for audio enhancers. Create a separate thread for Dolby Vision discussion.

Discussion ended before it gets started, i have no chance of using Dolby Vision on my Unsupported Monitor, i just asked for Dolby Vision UWP App, just wanted to try once, nothing more

If your Monitor supports it, then why don't you download it & share it with me

So I thing that it does not exist dolby vision UWP app Dolby vision is the same like HDR and its a part of the modern HDR TVs like LG, SONY BRAVIA but BRAVIA has the Sony BRAVIA HDR and also I thing that maybe the newest Blu-rays have dolby vision integrated. Finally Dolby vision is recording solution and not a plugin

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Discussion ended before it gets started, i have no chance of using Dolby Vision on my Unsupported Monitor, i just asked for Dolby Vision UWP App, just wanted to try once, nothing more

If your Monitor supports it, then why don't you download it & share it with me
Nope, my chinese Windows tablet does not support Dolby Vision.

@OMER it does not exist the app and drivers for dolby vision. This is recording solutions or part of modern OLED HDR Displays and I thing that Dolby Vision is only a Recording Video Solution, Dolby Atmos is Recording audio solutions to support 13.2 Speaker system for IMAX Cinema Surround. The newest movies are already recordet with dolby vision and dolby atmos because HDR10 bring too much brightness and contrast its ugly

Last edited: