• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Nghia has it, not sharing it, don't know why, may be modding dolby vision drivers to work on other monitors
Do your monitor already support HDR? Or do you know your panel's technical specs such as peak and sustained brightness? These are required settings for a hdr panel.
You can't mod hdr on non-hdr panels, simple.
Though you can play HDRp10 content on your monitor via madvr. You still need your monitor's exact current brightness in nits.

@OMER it does not exist the app and drivers for dolby vision. This is recording solutions or part of modern OLED HDR Displays

So, it's a hardware based feature, Dolby Vision Supported Monitors required to experience it truly, i got your point

When will you start making Single Audio Enhancer mods, If you do, then try to unlock DTS:X Ultra - Sound Unbound UWP App, it's hardware specific

Do your monitor already support HDR? Or do you know your panel's technical specs such as peak and sustained brightness? These are required settings for a hdr panel.
You can't mod hdr on non-hdr panels, simple.
Though you can play HDRp10 content on your monitor via madvr. You still need your monitor's exact current brightness in nits.

I Understand it, needed Dolby Vision Supported Monitor to use it's full features, UWP app is just settings adjusting tool

Last edited:

kingofmummy

I have laptop + PC hooking up with Vizio M55. all are capable display dolby vision content. but one thing I don't have is dolby redeem code :laugh:.

I have laptop + PC hooking up with Vizio M55. all are capable display dolby vision content. but one thing I don't have is dolby redeem code :laugh:.
You don't need a Dolby redeem code. You just have download the UWP App of Dolby Vision, that the link is posted on Dolby image in the previous page.

Dolby Vision
There is support in the Lenovo Yoga C930.
Intel UHD, 8-bit, SDR, Full HD, 300nits
It needs to install a driver that supports Dolby Vision, then the control panel will work

3 custom colors will be disabled if the driver does not support

Last edited:
Dolby Vision
There is support in the Lenovo Yoga C930.
Intel UHD, 8-bit, SDR, Full HD, 300nits
It needs to install a driver that supports Dolby Vision, then the control panel will work

3 custom colors will be disabled if the driver does not support

Nghia's probably has driver on DlDolby.blogspot.com He just hasn't posted the link yet.

Dolby can provide that to you. you need to:
1. Be a large OEM.
2. Sign a contract with them, including accepting an NDA, preventing you to ever communicating all you found here.
This is probably what @alanfox2000 and @Nghĩa Đinh are part of, which might explain how they are able to get these Dolby UWP apps and stuff.

Last edited:
LOLo_O:roll:. You connect your PC to a monitor that supports Dolby Vision processing. So that content is processed from Vizio, it is not processed from the PC. If you do not install Dolby Vision software from Store, your Vizio still displays Dolby Vision. It's already supported!
You don't need a Dolby redeem code. You just have download the UWP App of Dolby Vision, that the link is posted on Dolby image in the previous page.
Everyone here wants Dolby Vision to display on screens that don't support Dolby Vision, just need an SDR standard display, but the Lenovo Yoga C930 still display Dolby Vision. Dolby Vision is an emulator. It is not true Dolby Vision on expensive devices. It is just a color alignment software. Any LCD display can be experienced, and it must be processed on their PC display, not output content for processing through external devices.

By default Dolby Vision has 3 modes. Bright, Dark, Ultravivid. But for some reason, it cannot work. If there is no driver, this control panel will not work and you will not be able to select the display modes

Annotation.png

And I know it only supports Netflix. Dolby Vision can be displayed via the Netflix application or watching Netflix via the Edge browser

If anyone cares, maybe download here. But it will not work, because there is no driver yet

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7gexxf7r....77.0_neutral_~_rz1tebttyb220.AppxBundle?dl=0

in 3.3.0 xml presets, What does <nb_output_channels value="2"/>, <max_num_channels value="6"/> and <processing_mode value="11"/> do? i know on page 44 post #1,089 of this thread, @alanfox2000 said its a new option in xml 3.3.0 but he didn't explain what it does.

Last edited:
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
all you guy need Dolby Vision UWP?
and the guy named "Nghĩa" from dldolby blogspot didn't share? really unkind man.

so here you're

enjoy!!

The Store says, that this App requires a "licensed Device" Which kind are these "licensed Devices"?

kingofmummy

LOLo_O:roll:. You connect your PC to a monitor that supports Dolby Vision processing. So that content is processed from Vizio, it is not processed from the PC. If you do not install Dolby Vision software from Store, your Vizio still displays Dolby Vision. It's already supported!

Everyone here wants Dolby Vision to display on screens that don't support Dolby Vision, just need an SDR standard display, but the Lenovo Yoga C930 still display Dolby Vision. Dolby Vision is an emulator. It is not true Dolby Vision on expensive devices. It is just a color alignment software. Any LCD display can be experienced, and it must be processed on their PC display, not output content for processing through external devices.

By default Dolby Vision has 3 modes. Bright, Dark, Ultravivid. But for some reason, it cannot work. If there is no driver, this control panel will not work and you will not be able to select the display modes

View attachment 118648

And I know it only supports Netflix. Dolby Vision can be displayed via the Netflix application or watching Netflix via the Edge browser

If anyone cares, maybe download here. But it will not work, because there is no driver yet

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7gexxf7r....77.0_neutral_~_rz1tebttyb220.AppxBundle?dl=0

thank you buddy :toast:. what I need is install file. I don't care about the driver or color profile :laugh::laugh::laugh:

before

after

as far as my knowledge, the optionmenu is actually available when you're playing dolby vision content

Last edited:
thank you buddy :toast:. what I need is install file. I don't care about the driver or color profile :laugh::laugh::laugh:

before

after

as far as my knowledge, the optionmenu is actually available when you're playing dolby vision content

Did you really noticed any difference in Video Quality on Netflix, must be not, because it needs drivers & profiles, without it, it doesn't work, no chance

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
@alanfox2000 You seem to have disabled access to your personal member page. I do access that at times to find some of your older posts which can be useful in troubleshooting things.
Could you restore access to at least your previous postings?
I currently need to find a way to mark my endpoint as headphone from registry. You did provide a link to that. Could you post that again?

What does <nb_output_channels value="2"/>, <max_num_channels value="6"/> and <processing_mode value="11"/> do in 3.3.0 xml? can someone explain? @alanfox2000 maybe @CityCultivator knows since alan doesn't want to respond.

Last edited:

baribal

Does Dolby Atmos Speaker System or Gaming do HRTF for multichannel sound? Ex. 5.1 sound stream in movies and 2.0/2.1 set up in Windows (preset)? Afaiu this software won't touch stereo sound?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Does Dolby Atmos Speaker System or Gaming do HRTF for multichannel sound? Ex. 5.1 sound stream in movies and 2.0/2.1 set up in Windows (preset)? Afaiu this software won't touch stereo sound?
Dolby Atmos APO can do hrtf. You just have to make sure thar your application is sending proper multichannel, not downmixing them. Many application do check what the output destination is and send a downmix. Proper hrtf may not occur in such cases.
Stereo sound can also get a hrtf applied. Thus you will need to verify on the application audio renderer.
Example: mpc-hc's internal renderer can send multichannel. You will have to uncheck exclusive mode and uncheck "ignore system channel mixer". Multichannel will be outputted for an APO to apply HRTF.

baribal

Example: mpc-hc's internal renderer can send multichannel. You will have to uncheck exclusive mode and uncheck "ignore system channel mixer". Multichannel will be outputted for an APO to apply HRTF.
Thank you. I am using Potplayer and Direct Sound as an Audio Renderer plus Output Speaker set up is "Same as input" so Windows mixer (APO) is used. It looks pretty much OK with the Dynamic Preset in Dolby Atmos Speaker System (voice is clearly distinguished and sound levels of the voice and effects are well balanced). From your experience is it one of the best HRTF for Stereo Speakers or some other APO from this thread can handle this better?

BTW, like is already explained in this thread Dolby Atmos for Headphones is free of charge if you use Dolby Atmos Speaker System. Moreover, both effects influence sound at the same time. I would assume I need to turn off Dolby Atmos Speaker System when I have my headphones connected and Dolby Atmos for Heaphones enabled?

PS: I am still striving to get the sound in demos in Dolby Access. They are all silent to me. :( Not a big deal though, but really weird - maybe it is due to I have W10 LTSC version? People tell the demos have sound on professional version.

PPS: Dolby Atmos for Heaphones are available and working even if you don't install appx package for them found here https://www.mediafire.com/folder/q1o3yoxk29aqg/Dolby_[UWP]#306uhvrh2kd97 I guess it is already added to some other APO package in the W10 RS5?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Thank you. I am using Potplayer and Direct Sound as an Audio Renderer plus Output Speaker set up is "Same as input" so Windows mixer (APO) is used. It looks pretty much OK with the Dynamic Preset in Dolby Atmos Speaker System (voice is clearly distinguished and sound levels of the voice and effects are well balanced). From your experience is it one of the best HRTF for Stereo Speakers or some other APO from this thread can handle this better?
I use SRS + dolby when downmixing to stereo for HP or speakers.
BTW, like is already explained in this thread Dolby Atmos for Headphones is free of charge if you use Dolby Atmos Speaker System. Moreover, both effects influence sound at the same time. I would assume I need to turn off Dolby Atmos Speaker System when I have my headphones connected and Dolby Atmos for Heaphones enabled?
Either you will hear from APO processed or from Spatial API. No double mixing will occur. Uncheck "Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound". Any classic audio will solely be processed by APO.
1552929246116.png

baribal

I use SRS + dolby when downmixing to stereo for HP or speakers.
Either you will hear from APO processed or from Spatial API. No double mixing will occur. Uncheck "Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound". Any classic audio will solely be processed by APO.

Sorry, I am confused now. I downloaded Dolby Atmos Amaze demo in mkv format and playing it with Potplayer - my video player settings explained above. When I enable Dolby Atmos for Headphones
and "Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound" I clearly see that sound changes when I am disabling Dolby Atmos for Headphones or I am disabling Dolby Atmos Speaker System here:

1552930761092.png

So seems both softwares influence the sound. Can you explain a bit what will happen if I disable "Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound" and play 5.1 sound stream in my video player? What will happen if I play 2.0 sound stream in this case? Which APO or Spatial Sound be used?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Sorry, I am confused now. I downloaded Dolby Atmos Amaze demo in mkv format and playing it with Potplayer - my video player settings explained above. When I enable Dolby Atmos for Headphones
and "Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound" I clearly see that sound changes when I am disabling Dolby Atmos for Headphones or I am disabling Dolby Atmos Speaker System here:

View attachment 118951

So seems both softwares influence the sound. Can you explain a bit what will happen if I disable "Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound" and play 5.1 sound stream in my video player? What will happen if I play 2.0 sound stream in this case? Which APO or Spatial Sound be used?
When you disable that checkbox, Dolby Atmos for Headphone (Spatial sound) is supposed to apply only to object-based contents.

baribal

When you disable that checkbox, Dolby Atmos for Headphone (Spatial sound) is supposed to apply only to object-based contents.
You mean in this case HRTF will be applied only for sound streams which have the positional data in 3d space like Atmos? And for ordinary multichannel sound like 5.1/7.1 soundtracks in movies HRTF won't be applied at all if this option is unticked?

From here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/CoreAudio/spatial-sound :

The “Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound” (Windows) or “Use virtual surround in apps” (Xbox) checkbox allows all existing applications that were capable of rendering to 5.1 or 7.1 channel formats to now treat headphones as a virtual 7.1 device. Content that previously would have only been heard in multichannel via a multichannel home theater, and which would have utilized a linear downmix over headphones, can now be virtualized (using the format specified in the dropdown) and heard over any pair of stereo headphones.

From the above if it is enabled it more looks like it tells the games/software that it should use 7.1 or 5.1 multichannel output automatically w/o the need to enable this output explicitly by the user.

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
You mean in this case HRTF will be applied only for sound streams which have the positional data in 3d space like Atmos? And for ordinary multichannel sound like 5.1/7.1 soundtracks in movies HRTF won't be applied at all if this option is unticked?

From here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/CoreAudio/spatial-sound :

The “Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound” (Windows) or “Use virtual surround in apps” (Xbox) checkbox allows all existing applications that were capable of rendering to 5.1 or 7.1 channel formats to now treat headphones as a virtual 7.1 device. Content that previously would have only been heard in multichannel via a multichannel home theater, and which would have utilized a linear downmix over headphones, can now be virtualized (using the format specified in the dropdown) and heard over any pair of stereo headphones.

From the above if it is enabled it more looks like it tells the games/software that it should use 7.1 or 5.1 multichannel output automatically w/o the need to enable this output explicitly by the user.
What it describes and how I saw it work is not the same. Most applications still see stereo with that feature on.
Many times I see multichannel being processed via spatial sound. To set APO processing, I disable that checkbox.

I am a total noob to APO driver and I need your help.

Until now I have been using an older version of Alan Finote's Realtek mod. All I want is the Desktop version of Soundblaster Connect (720°).

However, since the onboard sound on my MSI Z390i mainboard is, to put it politely, rather underwhelming I got myself an external DAC (Topping D30).

I uninstalled Alan Finotes mod, installed APO-driver, started FX Configurator, selected my DAC as endpoint, clicked on Product config tool, selected Sound Blaster Connect 2 Desktop app and applied it.

Then I installed SB Connect, and double clicked GenKGA3.1 .
Then I rebooted and tried using SB Connect. The software loads but cannot find a compatible audio device. What am I doing wrong?