• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Debian reprogrammining a usb stick?

System Name Gaming PC from bestby
Processor I7
Motherboard Ibuypower
Cooling Stock
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3080
Storage 1TB shared with windows 11 and FerenOS
Display(s) MPG ARTYMIS 323CQR
Case nice big case with rainbow fans allover it
Audio Device(s) realtech
Software OS is Windows 7 home premium, sometimes I use linux mint mate or sabayon both live
Benchmark Scores CL-RCD-RP-RAS Write Speed 2x DDR3-1333 SDRAM 9-9-9-23 CR1 10484 MB/s
Is there a gui app I can use similar to mpall in windows but in debian?

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Is there a gui app I can use similar to mpall in windows but in debian?
No. That's Phison software, to work directly with Phison products, built just for Windows. I seriously doubt you'll find something specifically like it for Linux. A better question to ask is what you're trying to do, there might be a better option. Another option would be to get a flash drive that doesn't require you to occasionally fix the firmware should something go wrong. A VM running Windows with pass-thru for the USB device would be possible if you were using a CPU with VT-d.

This all seems like a lot more work than just getting a better quality flash drive.

System Name Gaming PC from bestby
Processor I7
Motherboard Ibuypower
Cooling Stock
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3080
Storage 1TB shared with windows 11 and FerenOS
Display(s) MPG ARTYMIS 323CQR
Case nice big case with rainbow fans allover it
Audio Device(s) realtech
Software OS is Windows 7 home premium, sometimes I use linux mint mate or sabayon both live
Benchmark Scores CL-RCD-RP-RAS Write Speed 2x DDR3-1333 SDRAM 9-9-9-23 CR1 10484 MB/s
No. That's Phison software, to work directly with Phison products, built just for Windows. I seriously doubt you'll find something specifically like it for Linux. A better question to ask is what you're trying to do, there might be a better option. Another option would be to get a flash drive that doesn't require you to occasionally fix the firmware should something go wrong. A VM running Windows with pass-thru for the USB device would be possible if you were using a CPU with VT-d.

This all seems like a lot more work than just getting a better quality flash drive.
thanks for the reply, I was just curious. I am interested in the sticks that dont need flasking though.