• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Computer won’t display at all after putting GPU in

Bonkirz

I have a problem with my PC

So my friend got a used graphics card that he bought on offer up which was the rx570 he let me borrow it because I needed a GPU because I was running my pc off my CPU which was the ryzen 3 2200G the same day I was using my PC very well everything worked when I plugged in the GPU my monitor was black so I shut down everything and removed the GPU so I can run the PC off my CPU again and the same thing happened my monitor was black everything works my fan sound but it just won’t display I tried using HDMI port and VGA post and nothing I removed the battery from my motherboard and inserting it again and rebuilt the pc and still nothing and when I plug in my keyboard my keyboard blinks then turns off

So if someone could help me fix this it will mean everything to me thanks

Ebo

System Name the little fart
Processor AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard MSI x470 gaming plus
Cooling Noctua NH-C14S
Memory 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw 2400Mhz DDR 4
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX Vega 56 Pulse
Storage 1 Crucial MX100 512GB SSD,1 Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, 1 1,5TB WD Black Caviar, 1 4TB WD RED HD
Display(s) IIyama XUB2792QSU IPS 2560x1440
Case White Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar SE pci-e card
Power Supply Thermaltake DPS G 1050 watt Digital PSU
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software windows 10 64 pro bit
Have you made a reset of your motherboard ?. Otherwise turn off the power at take out the battery on the motherboard.

When you removed the motherboard battery, did you hold the power button for 30 seconds or so to drain all power from the motherboard?

Some people have had trouble with this and had to do it a few times to get the bios to properly clear itself.

Bonkirz

When you removed the motherboard battery, did you hold the power button for 30 seconds or so to drain all power from the motherboard?

Some people have had trouble with this and had to do it a few times to get the bios to properly clear itself.
I just tried that right now and it didn’t work

Does the monitor turn on at all during bootup?

I'm not asking if the monitor is working. I'm asking if the monitor turns on at all during boot.

Bonkirz

I'm not asking if the monitor is working. I'm asking if the monitor turns on at all during boot.
The logo for the monitor shows up when I turn it on then the screen turns black

You said previously that the fans spin and you have sound. Does that mean you can boot into Windows, but with no display?

Bonkirz

You said previously that the fans spin and you have sound. Does that mean you can boot into Windows, but with no display?
Only my fans spin there’s no sound and I can’t boot into windows

So the system will just sit there with fan spinning until you turn the pc off again?

What's installed in your system. How many sticks of memory? How many drives?

You said you rebuit the pc. Are the drives plugged into the same ports they were previously?

Could you please remove both memory sticks. Then plug only 1 back into the light grey slot on the left. Then try to start the system.

Could you please remove that stick. Then plug it into the light grey slot on the right. Then try to start the system.

Using only that same stick, could you please try again using the left black slot, then again on the right black slot.