• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Family of man just got Bigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Dual Socket HP z820 Workstation
Processor Twin Intel Xeon E5 2673 v2 OEM processors (thats a total of 16C/32T)
Motherboard HP Dual Socket Motherboard
Cooling Stock HP liquid cooling
Memory 64GB Registered ECC memory kit (octal channel memory on this rig)
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming X 8GB
Storage 2 x 512GB SSD in raid 0
Display(s) Acer 23" 75Hz Gaming monitors 1080P x2
Case Brushed Aluminium
Audio Device(s) Integrated (5.1)
Power Supply HP 1125W Stock PSU
Mouse gaming mouse
Keyboard Dell
Software Windows 10 Pro
If selection has actually occurred why don't we see evidence of it in the natural world? or in the fossil record for that matter ? I.E Half evolved creatures - we've been keeping tabs on a whole spectrum of animal species for at least the past 300 + years you'd think something would change or at least be able to recover transitional forms.

If I truly believed in evolution I would also wonder why humans are the dominate species on earth. If all life started of a primordial stew, why is it that humans are the only ones capable of building skyscrapers?

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
The question is...why are stupid people allowed to live and/or procreate? When will we evolve to that level? Ever?

Hint: Then "when" and "ever" are semi-rhetorical. The time will come. I'm just pissed off it's not sooner than later. Anywho...enjoy your stay while it lasts idiots!

That's a good question. Why are defective people cared for by other people and allowed to drain resources from other more capable humans? Why do humans have a conscience to begin with? Wouldn't that be a hindrance to Evolution? Intelligence is obviously an advantage in Evolution but why self-awareness? Why do humans care about anything other than survival and procreation?

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
If selection has actually occurred why don't we see evidence of it in the natural world? or in the fossil record for that matter ? I.E Half evolved creatures - we've been keeping tabs on a whole spectrum of animal species for at least the past 300 + years you'd think something would change or at least be able to recover transitional forms.

If I truly believed in evolution I would also wonder why humans are the dominate species on earth. If all life started of a primordial stew, why is it that humans are the only ones capable of building skyscrapers?

Evolution is exactly the answer to that question. All those creatures that are now extinct are the product of natural selection, they are all failures in a certain sense. Each and every piece of our wildlife/ecosystem has a very specific function, sometimes even just as part of the food chain. Everything that still lives on this planet has a purpose, however big or small that may be. That is the living proof of evolution.

That's a good question. Why are defective people cared for by other people and allowed to drain resources from others? Why do humans have a conscience to begin with? Wouldn't that be a hindrance to Evolution? Intelligence is obviously an advantage in Evolution but why self-awareness? Why do humans care about anything other than survival and procreation?

Our own survival also hinges on the idea that we care for each other in a basic sense. If nobody cared about you, why would you do something for others? Our consciousness imposes that on us, and that is why we are dominant. Other animals do this too, caring for each other stands at the very centre of our lives, from birth to death. The more we care for each other, the more we can free up time to 'evolve' free of our daily challenges. Most animals have very little free time because they spend all day on basic necessities.

Processor i7 7700k
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
Evolution is exactly the answer to that question. All those creatures that are now extinct are the product of natural selection, they are all failures in a certain sense. Each and every piece of our wildlife/ecosystem has a very specific function, sometimes even just as part of the food chain. Everything that still lives on this planet has a purpose, however big or small that may be. That is the living proof of evolution.

Our own survival also hinges on the idea that we care for each other in a basic sense. If nobody cared about you, why would you do something for others? Our consciousness imposes that on us, and that is why we are dominant. Other animals do this too, caring for each other stands at the very centre of our lives, from birth to death. The more we care for each other, the more we can free up time to 'evolve' free of our daily challenges. Most animals have very little free time because they spend all day on basic necessities.

Then why do we go to war over ideologies and kill millions of other humans? That's not Evolution. No other species does that.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Then why do we go to war over ideologies and kill millions of other humans? That's not Evolution. No species does that.

I agree it doesn't look good. But that does not disprove evolution, it may even be a product of it, but that can only be said in hindsight. We can't predict the future. Perhaps history books in 1000 years will say we needed war to find a way forward - even if that meant the ultimate answer was total pacification and perfect unity and harmony. The idea of having to tear things down before you can build something new. All the radical changes in our society (and therefore also part of our evolution) have been preceded by war/revolution/conflict.

Its our way of enforcing change, and in that sense very much a sign of evolution. Keep in mind this is a process that spans many generations, not just our tiny frame of reference.

Another thing to consider is that many people went to war in history because they were protecting home and hearth - the very essence of caring for one another. It all depends what side you're on.

Nuclear deterrence I think is a great example of evolution in our species. We created a hammer so fearsome, nobody would dare use it. We escalated 'war' to the pinnacle of what it can be to make sure we don't wage it that way. It was used once on a population hub to end one of our greatest wars and serve as a lasting example.

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
Nuclear deterrence I think is a great example of evolution in our species. We created a hammer so fearsome, nobody would dare use it. We escalated 'war' to the pinnacle of what it can be to make sure we don't wage it that way. It was used once on a population hub to end one of our greatest wars and serve as a lasting example.

Slight contradiction there dude.

We did use it, not that nobody would dare.

But that is a slight derail of the topic.

If we use mainstream historical/archeological evidence as the truth we are only ever going to see a narrow view of what happened.

History is wrote by the victors, as such is inherently biased and archeological only takes into account a narrow view of evidence based of the "findings" of people who used candles at night.

That's before we talk about how most of the land that was used by our ancient ancestors is at the bottom of the seas now.

But for anybody who is entrenched in the mainstream agenda, that claims the pryamids are only 6000 years old. What about göbekli tepe? How does that fit into the big picture?

Imo we have forgotten more than we know.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Then why do we go to war over ideologies and kill millions of other humans? That's not Evolution. No other species does that.

APART FROM
just chuck in those Documented Chimpanzee that are documented waging war on their neighbours
and the known filmed accounts of porpouse's attacking other species of cetations
Warfare is not just restricted to hominids

Processor i7 7700k
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
APART FROM
just chuck in those Documented Chimpanzee that are documented waging war on their neighbours
and the known filmed accounts of porpouse's attacking other species of cetations
Warfare is not just restricted to hominids

I'm not talking about territorial disputes with species against species dorsetknob. I was referring to, as an example, Americans going to war with Koreans and later with Vietnamese over ideologies (political in those cases). There have been numerous other wars over religious ideologies in European history that had nothing to do with Evolution or procreation or Economics and Economics is the usual cause of war.

The bottom line is that humans are not in the same chain of events that Evolution can explain. There's something very different about us that Scientific Dogma and Religious Dogma can't explain.

Last edited:
System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
BLAH BLAH BLAH who the fuck cares where and when we came from I sure as hell don't it doesn't effect my daily life of moving forward if all we do is look backwards we'll never get to where we're going

As to why do we care for the stupid or defected well ask those stupid human rights BS believers that basically stopped hospitals from leaving defect babies in a cold room to die or these moronic save the kids from starving groups who just help perpetuate the problem

Last edited:
Americans going to war with Koreans and later with Vietnamese over ideologies
Not with all of them. Koreans and Vietnamese governments asked for help in front of much stronger enemies.
Those were proxy wars, blame goes to China and Russia that were the expansionists powers challenging the status quo.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
we've been keeping tabs on a whole spectrum of animal species for at least the past 300 + years you'd think something would change or at least be able to recover transitional forms.

There are documented new species happening quite frequently, if thats what you mean... Some of them are most likely the product of fresh evolution.

And 300 years is nothing in a evilutionary timescale. It's less than the blink of an eye

I'm not talking about territorial disputes with species against species dorsetknob. I was referring to, as an example, Americans going to war with Koreans and later with Vietnamese over ideologies (political in those cases).

Politics exist in chimp tribes too. How else do you get an otherwise unassociasted Chimp to fight for you?

We do it bigger but ultimately, we do it for very similar motivations and reasons. Territory. Power. Control.

Dominant species is possibly a good argument for some outside force having interferred with the natural evolutionary process, elevating one above it's peers. But there is no hard evidence to support that. It's a weak theory as such at best, and better, simpler explanations tend to exist.

That does not mean it is wrong. But to follow it blindly is foolish.

As to why do we care for the stupid or defected well ask those stupid human rights BS believers that basically stopped hospitals from leaving defect babies in a cold room to die or these moronic save the kids from starving groups who just help perpetuate the problem

You are talking to a "defect baby" right now. (Wolf Parkinsons white survivor, a very severe case) Might want to rethink your views a bit, lest you be burned by them.

Imo we have forgotten more than we know.

I agree with that. My inner historian cannot deny it.

Last edited:
System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
Being human sucks ass. That's all I know. Not a single good thing about it, other than the fact that it eventually ends.

dunno about you but I prefer not to be a Gazelle. Unless one in a zoo that isn't going to be used as food for the Lions.

There are documented new species happening quite frequently, if thats what you mean... Some of them are most likely the product of fresh evolution.
All those are because we didn't know about them, and just found them, not because they "evolved" now. Next time maybe you research and give links to those assertions.
Don't confuse the selection inside an existing genome with evolution into a new species.

Disappointed....Thought they found a new type of human alive.....

Sounds like pure speculation.
Pretty much like everything else that someone "discovers"

Guess the only way to prove it would be to find some of these "in-between" creatures alive.

too bad that's not happening anytime soon....lol...

And yea; I did just quote myself also...

on a different topic; I'm freaking hungry!!! cant wait for lunch time...

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
All those are because we didn't know about them, and just found them, not because they "evolved" now. Next time maybe you research and give links to those assertions.
Don't confuse the selection inside an existing genome with evolution into a new species.

Yeah, no. Have a link sure. Could've used google too, btw.

https://www.wired.com/2009/11/speciation-in-action/

That was in 2009. I know there have been other examples over the years but this is both the earliest and the best (The Galapagos are small and watched closely)

Those are Darvin's Finches, are not new at all, it was the base of his theory.
And some say it's an example of inbreeding selection, not evolution.

Well, there is no convincing way to explain anything as such. It took around 3 billion years to get from single cell organisms to multi cell and no one can explain why it took so much time and how that happened and you expect an explanation for something that's far more complicated. Not likely to get one anytime soon, no one has even figured out the basics.
Meh, fairy tales.
In physics we have a rule of increasing entropy. In this Universe, any random action is never going to the direction of a more organized system. All the genetic mutations today are leading to defects in the living systems.
And I am supposed to believe that random mutations in the chemical soup actually went against the law of physics and created more organized systems. Life.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Those are Darvin's Finches, are not new at all, it was the base of his theory.

Why does that matter given it's still the best example?

A more recent example I can think of involves polar bears and grizzlies breeding to form a new species (another way evolution can and has happened historically). Let's see what google turns up:

https://polarbearsinternational.org...imate-change-will-this-help-save-polar-bears/

It's less ideal than the speciation example, but that takes a long time usually.

Last edited:
System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
Now, that's one thing I can't get into...
I'm a theory nut; but that is where I draw the line...

We didn't go to the moon-9/11 inside job-fake hoax mass shootings-ect...ect.....all of that has a motive...

I don't get the flat earth stuff. I think that was engineered by the government to discredit
some of the things people were starting to uncover. To make anyone with a counter story to the stated truth look "stupid" basically...

Simple actual "observable" science disproves the flat earth.

yes.....lunch is almost here.......

Distraction tactics. Pull people away from things like vault 7, climate change and political corruption/new world order type stuffs.

Imo anyway.

Looking at the standard creationist myth versus the FSM, I find the FSM argument equally compelling from a factual standpoint. But as a sidenote, as to which would i want to be true .... who wouldn't rather have a heaven with Beer Volcano and Stripper Factory ?

https://www.venganza.org/about/open-letter/

BLAH BLAH BLAH who the fuck cares where and when we came from I sure as hell don't it doesn't effect my daily life of moving forward if all we do is look backwards we'll never get to where we're going
Wow, just wow. Wait for it...
By your logic, hospitals should be allowed to effectively kill off babies with down-syndrom and other such dysfunctions? Irony much? IF those hospitals you speak of were still allowed to do such a cold and callus things, YOU wouldn't be around to make such morally lacking and mentally bereft statements. The fact that these things are not done/allowed is what seperates us from the animals. Kindness and compassion, while not exclusively human traits, do go hand in hand with the logic and reason that are.
And 300 years is nothing in a evolutionary timescale. It's less than the blink of an eye
This. One of the things to remember also is that Earth is currently in one of the largest extinction events of the last 22million years. While new species are popping up, we are loosing far more on average.
All those are because we didn't know about them, and just found them, not because they "evolved" now.
No, R-T-B is correct. Science has documented actual and real evolution in real time.
In physics we have a rule of increasing entropy.
Which is incorrect.
In this Universe, any random action is never going to the direction of a more organized system.
That's not true at all. Evidence? Galaxy's and Galaxy clusters. Those are examples of definitive proof that matter and energy can gravitate(pun intended) to a more organized state.
All the genetic mutations today are leading to defects in the living systems.
"Genetic mutations" is a fancy way of saying "chemical changes". And that's all they are, minor changes to the chemical structure of DNA which bare out an effect. Sometimes that effect is beneficial, sometimes it is not and sometimes it has no tangible effect at all.
And I am supposed to believe that random mutations in the chemical soup actually went against the law of physics and created more organized systems. Life.
You want evidence? Go outside and look at all of the forms of life that surround us. Now go investigate the geological record of life that has existed in the past. Every one of them, including the one you see when you look in the mirror(an object that exists because the life form that invented it become more complex and organized over time), are more complex and organized forms of life than have existed in the past.

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Ethics be dammed ' A Moral .dilemma
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19926701-000-blasts-from-the-past-the-soviet-ape-man-scandal/
Not Natural Evolution But its Possible now with genetic engineering.

Although animal hybrids interest me, for... reasons (god I couldn't haven't worded that weirder, nevermind. Let's just say I like biology) those soviet experiments are an abomination. That and what your reading is what they allowed to leak out publically. Pretty damn well can bet worse happened back in Russia.

At any rate I'm out for now. Not enough learning and too much "stick in the mud" in here.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
By your logic, hospitals should be allowed to effectively kill off babies with down-syndrome and other such dysfunctions? Irony much? IF those hospitals you speak of were still allowed to do such a cold and callus things, YOU wouldn't be around to make such morally lacking and mentally bereft statements. The fact that these things are not done/allowed is what separates us from the animals. Kindness and compassion, while not exclusively human traits, do go hand in hand with the logic and reason that are.

meanwhile all those goody good feelings are overburdening our planet with a population it can barely sustain which will only become worse with the passage of time leading to massive wars for resources china for instance is already buying up large tracts of land for growth of food or for mining of coal and other ores it requires because it can't support it's own population the U.S. and it's "war on terror" where they offer aid for cheap oil from Iraq certainly makes you stop and wonder was it really about terror or was it really about the oil.
Who's next Russia well they've already started to expand again wont be long before all those who used to be behind the iron curtain will once again be back there, and India their population rivals that of China who are they going to take over ?

meanwhile all those goody good feelings are overburdening our planet with a population it can barely sustain which will only become worse with the passage of time leading to massive wars for resources china for instance is already buying up large tracts of land for growth of food or for mining of coal and other ores it requires because it can't support it's own population the U.S. and it's "war on terror" where they offer aid for cheap oil from Iraq certainly makes you stop and wonder was it really about terror or was it really about the oil.
OwenWilsonWow.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.