• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

iKBC Table E412 Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
iKBC adds to their ever-growing keyboard product portfolio with the aptly named "Table" series. The Table E412 is a full-size keyboard that is unabashedly large in footprint, with an integrated wrist rest, dedicated media keys/wheel, white backlight and, for something different than the norm, onboard hardware encryption of the keyboard itself.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
It kinda looks like old IBM keyboard, just in wrong ugly way. Not in retro "cool" way (that cool is sorta personal taste thing).

Doesnt seem bad, but would definitely need new outfit so to speak. Like whole keyboard look redone.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
It kinda looks like old IBM keyboard, just in wrong ugly way. Not in retro "cool" way (that cool is sorta personal taste thing).

Doesnt seem bad, but would definitely need new outfit so to speak. Like whole keyboard look redone.

If you would like to expand further on this, I can pass on any feedback to iKBC.

If you would like to expand further on this, I can pass on any feedback to iKBC.

I think look is personal thing, unsure if customers in that price range will care about it.

1) Disliking any keyboard with fixed handrest. Just not fan of it and beside that Im using gel pads. Same reason why I dont actually have old IBM, even while I do like spring powered keys.

2) That plastic chassis doesnt look good, at least not on pics. But given price range, I guess one cant pick. If it was up to me, either better plastic and better coloring, or just skip plastic and go full metal. Which ofc would make it really really expensive. Still, I think that high quality plastic and good colors together can make reasonable good look themselves.

3) Keycaps, ugh. Profile might be nice, but they seem paper thin. Much like my Novatouch, its only good to order keyboard, order replacement caps and bin original as soon as replacement arrive. Sorta defeats purpose of having rare keycap profile.

SycamoreFox

Great review, and now I'm planning to pick up one of these.

I may be in the minority, but I like the size of this thing. Not a fan of the current trend of very minimalist keyboards, such as the 60% and smaller sizes.

It's a shame PBT keycaps aren't included - my ikBC CD108 came with them for under $80.

This new model reminds me of one of my favorite desktop keyboards of all time (no, it's not mechanical):

Reactions: VSG
System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
the meh thing is the wrist rest, nearly half from the keyboard and non removable and i dunno why they still use plastic where even the cheap mechanical keyboard has moved to use aluminum

tizio

Just got mine. This is definitely a big desk keyboard. It is weighty and solidly built. The design is a simple old-school IBM kb look but with LED and a really useful dial control.

They didn't add any unexpected goofy features or odd key ordering. The added security features are interesting, but nothing is stopping someone with 30 spare seconds from just plugging in a different keyboard. I used Karabiner to get all the keys working as expected on a Mac.

The animations are showy, but not very sophisticated. It would be nice if I could update the firmware with newer patterns. For example, an inverted version of pattern #3 would be nice for night typing. An expanding water drop keypress effect would be very eye catching and if you could set a minimum brightness so the keys were always lit just a little, I'd keep it in that mode.

Overall: Good purchase. The keycaps can be replaced over time, so I see no reason why I won't have this keyboard for more than a decade.

Last edited:
Reactions: VSG