• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AOC Unveils Two New Agon Gaming Monitors with 240Hz Refresh and 0.5ms Response

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
Today AOC, a worldwide leader in monitor display technology, announced two new exciting gaming monitors that it has added to its AGON line of professional gaming monitors. The new 27-inch AG271FZ2 and the 24.5-inch AG251FZ2 are both LCD monitors with AMD FreeSync technology featuring 240Hz refresh rate and a 0.5 ms response time. The new AGON AG251FZ2 and AG271FZ2 gaming monitors are available for pre-order on Amazon now.

The new monitors feature the fastest refresh rate on the market at 240Hz, which brings unprecedented fluidity for every movement on the screen. Gamers can elevate their game with every detail brought sharply into focus with crystal clarity. The 0.5ms response time pairs fast-moving action and dramatic transitions with a super smooth experience without smearing or ghosting.

AMD FreeSync technology delivers the highest frame rate and smoothest display possible without screen tearing or lag whether you're dashing through explosions or screeching around rain-slicked bends - leaving your opponents in the dust.

AOC has packed its new monitors with AOC technologies, including Shadow Control and Lowblue Light Mode. With Shadow Control, gamers can bring the battle out of the shadows by adjusting the levels to increase contrast for better dark areas without affecting the rest of the screen. The monitors also feature eye protecting Lowblue Light Mode, which protects gamers from harmful blue light which has been shown to cause eye strain, headaches, and sleeping disorders during long sessions. Lowblue Light Mode reduces the harmful wavelengths emitted without sacrificing color composition.

The AG251FZ2 and AG271FZ2 are both available for pre-order on Amazon now for $329.99 and $379.99, respectively.
AG251FZ2
AG271FZ2

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 32Gb G-Skill Trident Z Neo @3806MHz C14
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX2070
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 1TB
Display(s) Samsung G9 49" Curved Ultrawide
Case Cooler Master Cosmos
Audio Device(s) O2 USB Headphone AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX
Software Windows 11
If the specs aren't in the press release, then you know they are crap. I don't like it when a site simply regurgitates a press release with so much missing pertinent information... I guess money from the click through...

OK, after heading to Amazon, here are the pretty awful specs of the 27". At least it has a USB3.0 hub.

AOC Agon AG271FZ2 27" Gaming Monitor, FHD 1920x1080, FreeSync, 240Hz, 0.5ms, DisplayPort/HDMIx2/DVI-D/VGA, QuickSwitch keypad, Ergonomic Stand
by AOC

Free Amazon tech support included
27" Agon Professional grade gaming monitor with 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution
Blistering Fast 240Hz refresh rate and 0. 5ms (MPRT) response time enabling stutter-free gaming
DisplayPort, HDMI 2. 0, hdmi-mhl, DVI-D, VGA inputs
Low input lag and shadow control allows you to see and react faster
4 x USB 3. 0 hub w/ 1 fast-charging port and built-in speakers for convenient connectivity
Quick switch game mode controller included for fast scene adjustments
Ergo dial height adjustable stand with pivot, tilt, rotate for ultimate comfort
Built-in headphone hanger and Handle for convenience
AOC low Blue mode and flickers for wellbeing during extended gaming sessions
AOC Shadow control shows more details in dark scenes without affecting the rest of the screen

System Name Aryzen / Sairikiki / Tesseract
Processor 5800x / i7 920@3.73 / 5800x
Motherboard Steel Legend B450M / GB EX58-UDP4 / Steel Legend B550M
Cooling Mugen 5 / Pure Rock / Glacier One 240
Memory Corsair Something 16 / Corsair Something 12 / G.Skill 32
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT / AMD 6750XT / Sapphire 7800XT
Storage Way too many drives...
Display(s) LG 332GP850-B / Sony w800b / Sony X90J
Case EVOLV X / Carbide 540 / Carbide 280x
Audio Device(s) SB ZxR + GSP 500 / board / Denon X1700h + ELAC Uni-Fi 2 + Senn 6XX
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME GX-750 / Corsair HX750 / Seasonic Focus PX-650
Mouse G700 / none / G602
Keyboard G910
Software w11 64
Benchmark Scores I don't play benchmarks...
1440p FS2 next, please...

Lol, 1440p and 4K users are harshly bashing 1080p nowadays insisting nobody should acquire these, because it's out of trending for 2019. Makes sense in the first glance (tech is advancing rapidly, so premium desires too), but then kind of not (a colossal chunk of home PC users can't afford 1440p monitor (hence, many use 720p in present time) or sufficiently handling GPU), 240hz on 1440p will be long term away that 4K might pop out of nowhere and decrown 1080p as mainsteam.

Lol, 1440p and 4K users are harshly bashing 1080p nowadays insisting nobody should acquire these, because it's out of trending for 2019. Makes sense in the first glance (tech is advancing rapidly, so premium desires too), but then kind of not (a colossal chunk of home PC users can't afford 1440p monitor (hence, many use 720p in present time) or sufficiently handling GPU), 240hz on 1440p will be long term away that 4K might pop out of nowhere and decrown 1080p as mainsteam.

x2 most ppl fail to understand that 1080p 240hz are not for Witcher 3/Tomb raider type of games. They are for online shooters where you use low details and resolutions for max possible high fps and low input lag.

Wow, resolution snobs be snobbish.

Anyway, this seems like a set of screens that will be excellent for competitive/hardcore gamers. Well done AOC.

x2 most ppl fail to understand that 1080p 240hz are not for Witcher 3/Tomb raider type of games. They are for online shooters where you use low details and resolutions for max possible high fps and low input lag.
Harsh truth, but solid. These new "standard" stereotypes like "NVMe or GTFO", "RGB or GTFO", "1440p or GTFO" are seriously pursuing new to PC market consumers minds (in quite a negative influence) to join brainless hordes of "PCMR" lmao. People should turn their brain cells and think globally for a second instead of bashing circumstances without comprehending them and expressing only for their personal intentions. Anything past 144hz (technically it is too) is simply meant for fast paced titles, period.

I have AOC Agon AG271QX 27 which I brought in feb 2019.
The build quality and materials used in monitor are of the best quality even the heft of the stand feels as if it can support a ultra-wide pretty easy. It is a TN panel but is pretty close to IPS with viewing angels though some colour shift is evident.
the included remote is one of the best accessory I have used, but it is one of the worst possible build quality I have seen and feels flimsy. the pressure points on buttons are not even and on one of those I have to press at extreme corner to register my press.
The USB ports on the right side are godsend, no really I can just reach towards my monitor and plug USB in, I keep my Cabinet away from me due to the heat released and it is really pretty useful feature.
Other issue I have continuously since day one are stuck pixels of red and blue colour on top right corner at various positions of the screen. they do go away by slight rubbing/massaging the screen, which is pretty irritating but are not that big of a issue to claim warranty.
I paid top asking price for this but would prefer to go with Asus/LG which are price competitive and have better user experience. I pulled the trigger for 144 Hz refresh rate and this was the only choice available then.
ultimately I feel that I should have waited for Asus ROG 32" @ 144Hz which is priced pretty close to this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/awrdpt