• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Seeking Gaming Router expert advice

System Name The Beast
Processor Intel C2Q Xeon X3380 @ 4.275ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-USB3.0
Cooling Corsair H100 with 4x120x120 fans
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2300
Video Card(s) Gainward 2xGTX660ti 3GB OC SLI
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / WD SATAII 1TB / Seagate Barracuda SATAII 320GB / Maxtor SATAI 120GB
Display(s) Dell 27"
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Mobo's built-in chip
Power Supply CORSAIR HX620W MODULAR
Software Windows 8 Pro X64
In theory the linksys being ac3200 dualband..
Would be faster than the asus that is ac2900 dual band... Right? Or am i completely wrong?

Low quality post by FinneousPJ
Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus
Memory 32 GB 3600 MT/s CL16
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage 2x 500 GB SSD, 2x 3 TB HDD
Case Phanteks P300A
Software Manjaro Linux, W10 if I have to
What's a gaming router?

Low quality post by LoWRiDeR82
System Name The Beast
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / WD SATAII 1TB / Seagate Barracuda SATAII 320GB / Maxtor SATAI 120GB
Display(s) Dell 27"
Low quality post by FinneousPJ
Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus
Memory 32 GB 3600 MT/s CL16
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage 2x 500 GB SSD, 2x 3 TB HDD
Case Phanteks P300A
Software Manjaro Linux, W10 if I have to
Yes ok thanks for the value you add to the thread. Remove the word gaming, the question stands the same.
Well, I was just wondering if a gaming router has some extra features I wasnt aware of. In any case, your choice of router shouldn't affect latency except if it's getting overloaded. That should be unlikely.

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
Well, I was just wondering if a gaming router has some extra features I wasnt aware of. In any case, your choice of router shouldn't affect latency except if it's getting overloaded. That should be unlikely.
Most of those "gamer features" is just auto QoS for games added. You can manually add those same rules yourself with any decent router.

Instead of paying the "gamer hardware tax" you could get a WRTACS1900 or Netgear Nighthawk R7000 and put DDWRT on there which adds enterprise features and very robust QOS controls... Or look into Ubiquiti Unifi line of routers, switches, and APs. Highly recommend them. (note not shilling not paid by any companies mentioned here)..

For a larger, more complex RF house Ubiquiti Edgerouter (whichever fits your budget they got a few), a PoE switch Unifi Switch 8 PoE is cheap, and a few APs can be had for the price of a high end "gaming router" that wouldn't have as good RF and has babied down feature sets for other aspects of network controls such as client monitoring, wifi performance scores, RF tools, etc..

Please don't fall into the gamer router trap.

Also personally have and tested the WRT32X and it was complete trash even with DDWRT the RF was extremely unstable and had very bad performance. Stock firmware was a joke and a mess with a terrible UI. DDWRT made it less painful, but still bad. Instead of stabbing a wound it tapped the wound with a hammer handle. Easiest way to describe my experience with it. I didn't even bother with a review since so many others echoed it on all the other sites I hang out at. I might do it anyways if I feel like I need some pain in my life.

It's a massive performance downgrade from the 1900ACS that I tested and liked .. well when DDWRT was loaded. Stock firmware was bad but not the worst. I have a review up for that one though and one member here has mine. I traded it, and 2 aruba RAP109s for the Lenovo W530 I;m typing this on. That member liked it. I gave it to them with DDWRT loaded, of course.

Last edited:
Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
In theory the linksys being ac3200 dualband..
Would be faster than the asus that is ac2900 dual band... Right? Or am i completely wrong?

The linkys is a 3x3 AC 1900 router, the Asus is three streams on 2.4ghz and four on 5ghz. Throughput can vary if for some reason you decided to buy another identical router and use it on bridge mode (not exactly ideal use of money) but that does not necessarily affect speed. Most wi-fi clients use 2x2 AC 1200 antenna.

In basic terms one router being 3200ac vs 2900ac does not make one better then the other or vice versa.

Last edited:
System Name The Beast
Display(s) Dell 27"
Most of those "gamer features" is just auto QoS for games added. You can manually add those same rules yourself with any decent router.

Instead of paying the "gamer hardware tax" you could get a WRTACS1900 or Netgear Nighthawk R7000 and put DDWRT on there which adds enterprise features and very robust QOS controls... Or look into Ubiquiti Unifi line of routers, switches, and APs. Highly recommend them. (note not shilling not paid by any companies mentioned here)..

For a larger, more complex RF house Ubiquiti Edgerouter (whichever fits your budget they got a few), a PoE switch Unifi Switch 8 PoE is cheap, and a few APs can be had for the price of a high end "gaming router" that wouldn't have as good RF and has babied down feature sets for other aspects of network controls such as client monitoring, wifi performance scores, RF tools, etc..

Also personally have and tested the WRT32X and it was complete trash even with DDWRT the RF was extremely unstable and had very bad performance. Stock firmware was a joke and a mess with a terrible UI. DDWRT made it less painful, but still bad. Instead of stabbing a wound it tapped the wound with a hammer handle. Easiest way to describe my experience with it. I didn't even bother with a review since so many others echoed it on all the other sites I hang out at. I might do it anyways if I feel like I need some pain in my life.

It's a massive performance downgrade from the 1900ACS that I tested and liked .. well when DDWRT was loaded. Stock firmware was bad but not the worst. I have a review up for that one though and one member here has mine. I traded it, and 2 aruba RAP109s for the Lenovo W530 I;m typing this on. That member liked it. I gave it to them with DDWRT loaded, of course.

Thanks this is a very useful post. If you had to recommend 1 router, that is a single device without the need of additional AP/switch etc, which one would it be? I'd like something that is relatively simple to setup and works well.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Wi-Fi is rubbish. Even the hyped up 3x3 MIMO super-duper G4MER-bling mega Wi-Fi "for gamers by gamers" Wi-Fi. Trust me, I've been paid literally five-digit figures to do certified Wi-Fi site-surveys for clients. Okay, I did lots of other things for that fee too, but the site survey was why I was sent and not an architect or engineer.

A rubbish, cheap, BT Homehub is more than adequate to provide perfect, consistent, wired <1ms latency to a whole bunch of client devices in your typical UK home. The 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands are not. They're overlapping, overcrowded, leftovers that suck but they're all thats available in the fiercely carved-up RF spectrum in the UK.

Get your primary gaming locations wired if you can. Otherwise, buy a cheap D-Link/Zyxel/Linksys wireless access point and hard-wire it to the room that you're most likely to use via CAT6 cable tacked to the skirting board, or use powerline adapters if that's not feasible. The problem isn't the routing of your router, it's the fact that Wi-Fi just doesn't work that smoothly because of competing networks, interference from other channels, and unfortunately (in the case of 2.4GHz), microwave ovens up to 25 meters away.

Get your AP hardwired Then, remove the basic antennae that come with the access point and replace it with 5Ghz high-gain antennae like this:
Amazon search: High gain WiFi antenna

Just imagine that the airwaves are like a really crowded bar with stupidly loud music and you are trying to talk to a person sitting next you. For a start, you need to shout, so high-gain (like >10dbi) helps. Also, the stupidly-loud music is playing at 2.4GHz so you should shout at a higher 5GHz pitch. That doesn't really solve everything because everyone else is still shouting really loudly too, so the only way to really hear each other is to move closer. Grab yourself some extension cables, and reduce the physical distance between your AP's antenna and your PC/laptop. It's like you're leaning in to someone's ear to shout at them.
Here's an example, works best with free-standing Wi-Fi antennae, obviously....

Ideally, the end result is that your ISP is the bottleneck and your router/WiFi connection never add any latency that's detectable by you. That means ping -t to your router, output to a logfile and left running for several minutes. Open the file after that and just scroll down and it should be full of 'reply from <gateway address> bytes=32 time=2ms'. You should never see double digit ping times in ms. When there's too much interference or something else farting all over the RF spectrum you'll get 3-digit ping times and even timeouts. That's not your router, access-point, or network adapter - that's simply interference because both the 2.4 and 5GHz spectrums in the UK are utter garbage; Far too narrow and far too cluttered. They're only available for consumer/private use because they're too useless for commercial/government/military. We get the unwanted, near-useless scraps of what's left.

Last edited:
System Name The Beast
Display(s) Dell 27"
Wi-Fi is rubbish. Even the hyped up 3x3 MIMO super-duper G4MER-bling mega Wi-Fi "for gamers by gamers" Wi-Fi. Trust me, I've been paid literally five-digit figures to do certified Wi-Fi site-surveys for clients. Okay, I did lots of other things for that fee too, but the site survey was why I was sent and not an architect or engineer.

A rubbish, cheap, BT Homehub is more than adequate to provide perfect, consistent, wired <1ms latency to a whole bunch of client devices in your typical UK home. The 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands are not. They're overlapping, overcrowded, leftovers that suck but they're all thats available in the fiercely carved-up RF spectrum in the UK.

Get your primary gaming locations wired if you can. Otherwise, buy a cheap wireless access point and hardware it to the room that you're most likely to use. The problem is the routing of your router, it's the fact that Wi-Fi just doesn't work that smoothly because of competing networks, interference from other channels, and (unfortunately, in the case of 2.4GHz) Microwave ovens.

Get your AP hardwired via CAT6 cable tacked to the skirting board, or use powerline adapters if that's not feasible. Then, remove the basic antennae that come with the access point and replace it with 5Ghz high-gain antennae like this:
Amazon search: High gain WiFi antenna

Just imagine that the airwaves are like a really crowded bar with stupidly loud music and you are trying to talk to a person sitting next you. For a start, you need to shout, so high-gain (like >10dbi) helps. Also, the stupidly-loud music is playing at 2.4GHz so you should shout at a higher 5GHz pitch. That doesn't really solve everything because everyone else is still shouting really loudly too, so the only way to really hear each other is to move closer. Grab yourself some extension cables, and reduce the physical distance between your AP's antenna and your PC/laptop. It's like you're leaning in to someone's ear to shout at them.
Here's an example, works best with free-standing Wi-Fi antennae, obviously....

Thanks though wired is not an option for me and having tried powerline, it's slower than the 5ghz wireless of the crappy ZTE I have (with no latency difference at all).I am sure I can find a decent solution wireless.

Case fancier than yours
Thanks this is a very useful post. If you had to recommend 1 router, that is a single device without the need of additional AP/switch etc, which one would it be? I'd like something that is relatively simple to setup and works well.

My personal opinion; Netgear Nighthawk R6700 v3, uses the same broadcomm chip as the R7000 but there are relatively few 600mbps clients on the 2.4ghz channel. Ive set up three of them with no issues. The firmware is solid and fairly easy to use. The router lays flat so easy to place on a shelf.

Another option is the Asus AC68U, firmware is slightly better then netgear if you like to fiddle with it more. The case is well vented like the netgear nighthawks. The Asus just costs more and stands up. The Asus AC66U B1 is the AC68U but lays flat and can get hot thanks to its thinner plastic mold.

All the routers mentioned above use the same broadcomm chip.

System Name Doofus
Processor i9 13900KF
Motherboard EVGA Z790 Dark
Cooling AlphaCool 360 AIO
Memory G.Skill 32GB DDR5 7200 CAS34 Trident Z5
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 12GB
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 Pro (2), Crucial 4TB P3 Plus
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 2560x1440
Case Old Lian Li... modded a leettle bit
Power Supply EVGA 1000W P5
Mouse Yep
Keyboard Yep
Software I think so...

QFT. And pretty much everything else she wrote!

3 years ago I got off the "Gaming Router" merry-go-round and moved to an Edgerouter Lite. Added 3 ASUS AC-66u routers-turned-into-Access-Points, and my 2400 sq.ft. home sitting on almost 1/2 an acre is now covered in 5 GHz sweetness. Gaming routers are nothing more than a marketing rip-off!

Greg

System Name The Beast
Display(s) Dell 27"
My personal opinion; Netgear Nighthawk R6700 v3, uses the same broadcomm chip as the R7000 but there are relatively few 600mbps clients on the 2.4ghz channel. Ive set up three of them with no issues. The firmware is solid and fairly easy to use. The router lays flat so easy to place on a shelf.

Another option is the Asus AC68U, firmware is slightly better then netgear if you like to fiddle with it more. The case is well vented like the netgear nighthawks. The Asus just costs more and stands up. The Asus AC66U B1 is the AC68U but lays flat and can get hot thanks to its thinner plastic mold.

Thanks, if the price difference isn't too big then, instead of the AC68U I could get the AC86U , right now I can find them with minimal difference.

Case fancier than yours
Thanks, if the price difference isn't too big then, instead of the AC68U I could get the AC86U , right now I can find them with minimal difference.

go for it just realize Asus is notorious for selling the same router under different model numbers so shop around

System Name The Beast
Display(s) Dell 27"
go for it just realize Asus is notorious for selling the same router under different model numbers so shop around

Thanks for your help!

Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
The WRTACS1900s can be had for cheap as well as the R7000 netgears. I've seen em as low as like 100-120. Just remember to flash it with DDWRT.

Last edited:
System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
You used the hub as a switch and created APs and bridges with your other routers using an Ethernet backhaul? This would be the ideal set up but I think most apartments won't let you run Ethernet through the wall.

I have our modem & router in the family room with a roku hardwired to it along with a powerline adapter. A second adapter sits in my master bedroom with an old router set up as an AP and another hardwired roku.
Can't I get rid the ISP ZTE box altogether? I thought these routers can do the whole thing if setup with the correct settings, without the need for the ZTE. Was I wrong?

Thanks but as I mentioned above, not an option to use cables

Pretty much ferret and OP can't you cable route them around which you shouldn't need go drilling any holes in the wall? I've routed a cable around the top of the door and use some masking tape or something? (I've got something to hold the cable on my wall which requires making a hole, forgot what they're called lol) or you could try routing edge of the carpet/floor and then tape it down. May look silly but at least you'll get better speed.

1. WiFi is OK for TVs and phones ... even a laptop ... but I have two ethernet cables running to my desk for a reason ... the spare is for the lappie.

2. I just replaces my router and switch with an 8 port router from Asus (GT-5300) ... main reason I bought the expensive model I did was it had 8 ethernet out ports and allowed me dump the old switch.

3. The router works fine ... everything else is a PITA.

a) Be aware that most of the gaming features on Asus routers require you to allow data collection.
b) The manual differs substantially from the router utility screens and many instructions are inaccurate.
c) The names and functions of associated utility software (i.e. making USB printers into network printers) referred to in the manual are not appropriate for the current hardware.
d) Asus tech support is non-existent. I have used forums, telephone, anmd email. Only emails are responded to .. I have about a dozen emails all containing th exact same text, all signed with differen 1st name telling me to restore the router to factory settings, and then sending them various files so that 'they can help me get on the internet". I am on the internet, I have been on the internet since day 1.... my problem is with the printer utility .... the USB printer is plugged into the router but only 1 of 8 machines can print. Tho the problem has nothing to do with "getting on the internet" the Bot that now serves as tech support will not talk or respond to me until "i get on the internet"..... seems that the fact that we are exchanging emails should eliminate "getting on the internet" as a problem is lost on them.
That being said, am not a fan of Linksys ... as has abeen said perviously, I would recommend the equivalent Netgear model ... products on pare with more expensive units and they have live bodies who answer the when and emails when you need help.

System Name The Beast
Display(s) Dell 27"
Pretty much ferret and OP can't you cable route them around which you shouldn't need go drilling any holes in the wall? I've routed a cable around the top of the door and use some masking tape or something? (I've got something to hold the cable on my wall which requires making a hole, forgot what they're called lol) or you could try routing edge of the carpet/floor and then tape it down. May look silly but at least you'll get better speed.
Nop cabling not an option unless powerline that doesn't work that well.

1. WiFi is OK for TVs and phones ... even a laptop ... but I have two ethernet cables running to my desk for a reason ... the spare is for the lappie.

2. I just replaces my router and switch with an 8 port router from Asus (GT-5300) ... main reason I bought the expensive model I did was it had 8 ethernet out ports and allowed me dump the old switch.

3. The router works fine ... everything else is a PITA.

a) Be aware that most of the gaming features on Asus routers require you to allow data collection.
b) The manual differs substantially from the router utility screens and many instructions are inaccurate.
c) The names and functions of associated utility software (i.e. making USB printers into network printers) referred to in the manual are not appropriate for the current hardware.
d) Asus tech support is non-existent. I have used forums, telephone, anmd email. Only emails are responded to .. I have about a dozen emails all containing th exact same text, all signed with differen 1st name telling me to restore the router to factory settings, and then sending them various files so that 'they can help me get on the internet". I am on the internet, I have been on the internet since day 1.... my problem is with the printer utility .... the USB printer is plugged into the router but only 1 of 8 machines can print. Tho the problem has nothing to do with "getting on the internet" the Bot that now serves as tech support will not talk or respond to me until "i get on the internet"..... seems that the fact that we are exchanging emails should eliminate "getting on the internet" as a problem is lost on them.
That being said, am not a fan of Linksys ... as has abeen said perviously, I would recommend the equivalent Netgear model ... products on pare with more expensive units and they have live bodies who answer the when and emails when you need help.

So you think the XR500 of netgear is better than the ASUS RT-AC86U? Someone suggested me to go for dd-wrt compatible routers that's why I didn't consider the netgear.

Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Yes definitely go for DDWRT or other 3rd party firmware! It's often way better than the stock crap the mfrs put on them.

Case fancier than yours
Nop cabling not an option unless powerline that doesn't work that well.

So you think the XR500 of netgear is better than the ASUS RT-AC86U? Someone suggested me to go for dd-wrt compatible routers that's why I didn't consider the netgear.
You can install dd-wrt on many Netgear routers including the two I recommended.

You don't need an eight port router unless you plan to run Ethernet all over your apartment which you have stated several times you can't.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
My two cents on the subject, having worked for a router manufacturer and having tested a lot of different routers over the years.
Qualcomm/QCA ARM based routers are heads and tails over other consumer routers in terms of stability and uptime.
I have a Netgear R7800 and recently switched over to Voxel's firmware, as Netgear appears to have been too busy with their new products to release any new firmware in the past 7 months...
That said, I have never owned a router that is as a stable as this one. Never had to reboot it (not including firmware updates), never had to reset it and baring power outages, it has never turned off. It's already a few years old, but it's not showing any signs of aging. Some routers seemingly start to die after a couple of years, so you end up having all kinds of issues, from reduced Wi-Fi performance, to various glitches and issues.

Personally I find DD-WRT and OpenWRT a pain to use. Yes, there's a lot of features, but there's so many things that seemingly work a bit by chance, or not, as it may be. That said, many consumer routers are based on OpenWRT, just with a better UI and better drivers.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
OP - have you tried scanning for occupied Wifi channels in your area? Find one that's least occupied and set your wifi to it. That being said, I would only use wired connection for gaming online.

Case fancier than yours
...can't you cable route them around which you shouldn't need go drilling any holes in the wall? I've routed a cable around the top of the door and use some masking tape or something? (I've got something to hold the cable on my wall which requires making a hole, forgot what they're called lol) or you could try routing edge of the carpet/floor and then tape it down. May look silly but at least you'll get better speed.

1. my powerline adapters deliver my full ISP speed plus we plan to move in a year so I'm not going to drop two Ethernet ports in our walls.
2. you ever been married?? masking tape! My wife sees one wire sticking out from behind the TV and asks can we do something about that!
3. you ever have two toddlers? running cable along a carpet, may as well place a neon sticker on the cable saying "pull this hard as you can as often as you can". Also see number #2.

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
1. my powerline adapters deliver my full ISP speed plus we plan to move in a year so I'm not going to drop two Ethernet ports in our walls.
2. you ever been married?? masking tape! My wife sees one wire sticking out from behind the TV and asks can we do something about that!
3. you ever have two toddlers? running cable along a carpet, may as well place a neon sticker on the cable saying "pull this hard as you can as often as you can". Also see number #2.
Answer your question, I was trying to find the name for these, thought they had special name lol.
Ha I only mention masking tape because it won't require making hole in a wall for these:
If you had freedom to use nail clips then use them to sort the cable routing around the house/apartment to tuck them away whether on floor or around the ceilings.

Your wife would not want to see the mess behind my parents TV then, wires galore for all the sound system and karaoke machines. :roll:

System Name Gaming System / HTPC-Server
Processor i7 8700K (@4.8 Ghz All-Core) / R7 5900X
Motherboard Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming / MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling CM ML360 / CM ML240L
Memory 16Gb Hynix @3200 MHz / 16Gb Hynix @3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac 3080 / Colorful 1060
Storage 750G MX300 + 2x500G NVMe / 40Tb Reds + 1Tb WD Blue NVMe
Display(s) LG 27GN800-B 27'' 2K 144Hz / Sony TV
Case Xigmatek Aquarius Plus / Corsair Air 240
Audio Device(s) On Board Realtek
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750W / Andyson TX-700 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero / K400+
Keyboard Wooting Two / K400+
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R15 = 1542 3D Mark Timespy = 9758
T

The R6700 can also be upgraded to a R7000 via firmware :D