• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Falcon Northwest Adds RGB Offerings to Its Product Line

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
PC builder Falcon Northwest today announced their new mid-sized tower PC, the Talon 20th Anniversary Edition. The culmination of a 2-year in-house case design project, Talon takes aim at winning over the Mac-using creator crowd with top-end components, careful thermal management and high-end metal exterior. It's also targeted at Falcon's game-playing clientele with options for glass sides, custom paintwork, and embracing the gaming trend Falcon has mostly resisted: RGB LED lighting.

"It's amazing!" said Chris Roberts, CEO of Roberts Space Industries and the creative genius behind Star Citizen and the Wing Commander game series. Chris was the recipient of the very first 20th Anniversary Talon. "It's butter smooth and super quiet. I love the beautiful artwork and that I can easily open up the sides to see the immaculate components, cabling and lighting."

The Talon series was first introduced in 1999 as a budget alternative to Falcon's higher-end Mach V line. The 20th Anniversary Edition Talon design now becomes Falcon's highest-end product to date.

It features:

• 4 mm thick sand-blasted aluminium exterior panels.
  • A custom Asetek fully-sealed liquid CPU cooling system with a massive 280 mm radiator.
  • Wiring usually only seen at tradeshows: individually sleeved cables by CableMod, standard.
  • Tinted glass or solid aluminium side doors with magnetic closures for easy access to the inside.
  • An infinite variety of exterior looks with Falcon's custom paintwork and digital printing options.

"Making Talon's exterior panels out of 4 millimeter-thick aluminium was not overkill," said Kelt Reeves, President of Falcon Northwest. "It's the finishing touch on our most advanced thermal design yet. To mass-market PC makers the case is just a plastic and sheet-metal box. Talon was designed for PC enthusiasts like us who care about the hardware."

Talons are custom built-to-order with a wide array of component loadouts including Intel Core i9 and AMD Ryzen 3000 Series CPUs, Samsung NVMe storage, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX & Quadro graphics. Pricing starts at approximately $2,800.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Main
Processor 8700K
Motherboard Maximus Hero X
Cooling EVGA 280 CLC w/ Noctua silent fans
Memory 2x8GB 3600/16
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080TI Hybrid
"""Finally!"""

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
I'm glad to see them still around too. Sadly, I'd still never buy one unless I won the lotto or something...

I'm glad to see them still around too. Sadly, I'd still never buy one unless I won the lotto or something...

After looking their machines don't seem too out of price range. Starting at $3,000. $4100 gets you an i9900k and a 2080ti so...maybe one day. NAAAAH, I like building my machines more than using them, same with the remote control trucks I have...

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
I remember being in high school library 20 or so years ago reading a pc mag and it had an ad for falcon nw machines. I thought man would be awesome to have one of those systems. I can build them now.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard Gigabyte B450M-S2H
Cooling Scythe Kotetsu Mark II
Memory 2 x 16GB SK Hynix OEM DDR4-3200 @ 3666 18-20-18-36
Video Card(s) Colorful RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB
Storage 250GB WD BLACK SN750 M.2 + 4TB WD Red Plus + 4TB WD Purple
Display(s) AOpen 27HC5R 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case COUGAR MX440 Mesh RGB
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium HD + Kurtzweil KS-40A bookshelf
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Cougar Attack2 Cherry MX Black
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H1 x64
I remember being in high school library 20 or so years ago reading a pc mag and it had an ad for falcon nw machines. I thought man would be awesome to have one of those systems. I can build them now.
Yeah no kidding. Last I saw them is through ads in 3DMark2001SE loading screen.