• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Assetto Corsa Competizione Dumps NVIDIA RTX

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Great help. I only have 1h 45min of video to watch, looking for a phrase :rockout:

Edit: And while I haven't found the statement just yet, it seems it means what I thought it means: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/9aopb1

Irony of this story; if you put the ground rules and assets in place for a raster scene it behaves exactly the same way. Many engines run simulations just the same as RT is a simulation. And it does handle the code thats there much more efficiently, as it does not calculate all sorts of crap it wont use (no probing, culling).

Its potato potatoe material, and it all takes work while Nvidia has provided zero proof that workflows magically require fewer man hours for similar results. Just guesstimates induced by a healthy dose of marketing for the next best thing.

Nothing just works, all those things RT does 'on its own' are useless as we lack the horsepower to push it anyway. So you end up spending an equal amount of time fixing all of that.

The only thing you need less off with RT, is talented devs and designers. Raster takes more skill to get right. Not more time. RT is just a lazy package brute forcing it for you and passing the bill to end users.

Ive seen it too often. New ways of working, new algorithms... and yet, every half serious dev squad has a backlog to keep going for years...

Last edited:
System Name Daves
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard AsRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III 360
Memory 32 GiG Team Group B Die 3600
Video Card(s) Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
Storage Crucial MX 500 SSD and Intel P660 NVME 2TB for games
Display(s) Acer 144htz 27in. 2560x1440
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair RM 750
Mouse EVGA
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro
Ray Tracing will become a thing, when it is a thing.
It's not a thing.... Yet!

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
The gist of all this is that developers are starting to realize that "hey this is a lot work and we have zero incentive to do it". That's all.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
If and when competitors (AMD primarily) come out with RT solution, this will benefit immensely from the work developers and Nvidia are doing right now.

I could be wrong, but I feel like that'd be the first time, in a very long time (if at all) Nvidia will have done something to the benefit of the entire community and to advance the industry as a whole. While loyal fanboy will seek to conflate the following statement as taking sides, I feel as though it's been AMD that has continually made such advances to everyone's benefit (and obviously to their own, the two are not exclusionary) e.g. HBM, Mantle/DX12, open source initiatives, etc.

It's strange to see people actively argue against ray tracing in general.
View attachment 129368

EDIT:
The performance hit when enabling RTX is just to great to be worth it with current HW. Maybe when its down to a 5-10% hit, it may be appealing.
I wonder how much of that is the hardware vs how much of it is bad implementation. Like in the days of crysis 2 where you get jersey barriers with thousands of polygons in it's mesh and tessellated water that's placed over the entire level whether you see it or not.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
@btarunr

Why the sensationalist title?

Why not use "drop" instead of "dump"? As a journalist you must remain neutral.
How a given individual takes a word's implicit suggestions is completely subjective, some like myself, didn't see any implied suggestion in the use of the word "dump". Not an accusation, but arguably, the very fact that you perceived such "bias" is a bigger indicator or your own maintained bias and preferred alliegence/loyalties than anything else, i.e. It implies you're acting as a self appointed defender and apologist for Nvidia (again, not an accusation I am making, but a probable opinion and analysis I could imagine many commentors making)

System Name Baxter
Processor Intel i7-5775C @ 4.2 GHz 1.35 V
Motherboard ASRock Z97-E ITX/AC
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3 with Noctua NF-A12 fan
Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz CL11 HyperX Savage DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black @ 1950 MHz
Storage 1 TB Sabrent Rocket 2242 NVMe SSD (boot), 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO, and 4TB Toshiba X300 7200 RPM HDD
Display(s) Vizio P65-F1 4KTV (4k60 with HDR or 1080p120)
Case Raijintek Ophion
Audio Device(s) HDMI PCM 5.1, Vizio 5.1 surround sound
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum 600 W SFX PSU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G613 and Microsoft Media Keyboard
All the multiplatform games will have some sort of DXR path for lighting and/or shadows IF the new consoles come out with support for raytracing. Otherwise, the situation with the Assetto Corsa devs will probably keep happening for any game that's not a blockbuster. The feature will be a selling point IF the consoles provide a wide install base and the usual suspects compete for best looking game by using the new capabilities.

I bought a 2070 Super knowing I appreciated the 1080 Ti performance at rasterization. I did not buy it for RTX. But I am hoping that in the next three years, which is probably how long I'll have this card, enough games will have options for it that I can at least try them out. If it never happens, I'll still have a good graphics card that just happens to do more than I need. This is exactly why the RTX series was so disappointing in the beginning, because the price per performance stayed flat and we got a feature no one cares about. The SUPER line does provide the needed bump in raster performance and we get something extra.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I could be wrong, but I feel like that'd be the first time, in a very long time (if at all) Nvidia will have done something to the benefit of the entire community and to advance the industry as a whole. While loyal fanboy will seek to conflate the following statement as taking sides, I feel as though it's been AMD that has continually made such advances to everyone's benefit (and obviously to their own, the two are not exclusionary) e.g. HBM, Mantle/DX12, open source initiatives, etc.

I disagree on that one.

Many people have complained about GameWorks and they still do. But let's get one thing straight. Gameworks technologies have trickled down into the 'used everywhere space' and they still do. PhysX is the only notable one that really didn't - and yet, CPU Physx did, and now the SDK is open to all I believe. But think about AA tech for a minute. Nvidia has a major share in this. Additionally you can complain about Gsync but they were still first in offering it, and creating a market for it. I was never a fan of the model they used, and vastly prefer the FreeSync approach, but its still there. In some way your enemy is your friend in this business, because all progress is progress. Also, think about the development of GPU Boost. Or improved delta compression. Many of those are later copied by AMD, with their own sauce no less, but still (what's really different is how they implement it on their own arch). While AMD was suffering HBM shortages, Nvidia simply produced Maxwell GPUs with 256 bit buses doing just fine - and still doing that today - for high end GPUs. That cost advantage echoed in the price of, say a GTX 970 which took the market by storm with very good perf/dollar.

And what about all those open AMD initiatives? Only a few of them really stick, such as Vulkan in which AMD is merely one of the players. Many things AMD portrays as 'open initiatives' are industry wide movements they also have a flavor for. Mantle/DX12/Lowlevel access for example is much bigger than AMD and is not new either, even though some like to attribute all of that to the Mantle initiative (as if BF is of any major relevance in the market - see the lukewarm BFV RTX reception). I think if AMD contributed to the industry, their biggest achievements are in the CPU area instead.

In addition, the performance leader does push the industry forward. Its that simple - more performance, means developers can optimize for a higher performance mainstream. For PC gaming, I would definitely say Nvidia has injected more money into developers and overall graphics fidelity than AMD in the last few decades. There is a LOT of support being provided under the hood through dev channels. That 65-80% market share means there is a lot of margin to spend that money and even give it away. There is even a form of responsibility because if Nvidia doesn't take care of the content creators, they won't create nicer games that need higher performance GPUs - the two feed each other. I'm not really complaining about that to be honest, because dev money leads to ingame results and those favor everyone.

Another point could be made for AMD though. The console performance level dictates what most big budget games get optimized around. Better AMD console GPUs mean better PC games. Unfortunately, consoles are not the cutting edge, so while this is progress, it won't usually 'feel' as such - it actually feels like slowing us down from a PC gamer perspective.

On topic - this RTX push. There is an equally large group explaining it as just that: pushing the industry forward, or Nvidia serving mostly itself. Both are true, really.

A matter of perspective ;)

Last edited:
Imagination tried it in 2014 didn't get them very far with it and they targeted devs. They didn't throw money at developers to include features though.

Nvidia pours money into these Dev houses as a partnership ($$$) to include RTX. Nvidia could just dump more money into KUNOS for them to find "the maturity of the technology" worth their wild again.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
This isn't too surprising in the grade scheme of things, we are all still waiting for DX12 and Vulkan to rule the world after all.

TPU serves almost no texts about RTRT development or new games that start implementing them, but - inevitably - we get a text about a game studio that delays RTRT implementation.

Normally I'd say @btarunr is pro-AMD (like many on this forum). However, AMD has already said RTRT hardware is coming soon, so what's going on? Are you guys just anti-RTRT? Why?

As for ACC itself: it is made by a tiny, highly specialized studio Kunos Simulazioni. It's under 50 people that basically make a single game. Switching to RTRT for such small companies will always be a huge cost.
For similar reasons ACC still uses UT4 (today used mostly in indie games). They can't afford an in-house engine and it seems they can't afford switching to something more modern. It's not that surprising since graphics always had lower priority in their games.

For large corporations shifting to RTRT is going to be fairly easy. Yes, games have to be written differently. Yes, you have to employ different people. But it's really universal (just like RT rendering engines).
With few mainstream games released yearly, the cost of transition will be absorbed easily.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Seriously who gives a damnwhat the reasons are? The fact remains it looks and plays like an afterthought, and last I checked we didnt get a discount for beta testing. We are talking about very costly GPUs here that sell with the perf dollar ratio worse than it was in 2016. Wake up already.

And yet AMD GPUs, which don't include ray-tracing hardware and are significantly smaller and less complex, sell for almost the same amount of money as NVIDIA's. Remind me who's ripping off customers again, hmmm?

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
So that makes the price increase OK? :kookoo: AMDs price is completely unrelated here. And they are also selling costly GPUs with low margin, think about HBM equipped Fury, Vega, RVII.

So that makes the price increase OK? :kookoo: AMDs price is completely unrelated here. And they are also selling costly GPUs with low margin, think about HBM equipped Fury, Vega, RVII.
So... we have 2 dGPU makers and you say both are too expensive.
How exactly does that work? :-D

System Name Windows 10 64-bit Core i7 6700
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Corsair AIO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB, Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX v2 650W
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro, Cherry MX Reds
Software MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
As for tweaking on lighting I don't think DXR really simplifies much... with RT you propaply need to adjust any and all surfaces for light bounce properties otherwise you'll get pretty derpy lighting artifacts.
That's why most games in the last year use physically based shader that has emission texture map, which makes this a non issue for digital assets created by hand ... it can look off with photogrammetry if it is not done right
Um dude AtiTruForm is tessellation..
Exactly the point ... how many years since ATI Radeon 8000 until using tesselation in games? I'd say about 10 years ... even 15 if you look at widespread adoption.
Why that long? Fixed function tesselation is useless, it only makes sense if programmable via geometry shaders.
Similarly RTX as such in its first incarnation is evidently almost useless ... but not as useless as tesselation on DX8.1 hardware ... I'd say just as useful as tesselation on Radeon 5000 series DX11 gpus - it's there, but performance tanks if you use it.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Irony of this story; if you put the ground rules and assets in place for a raster scene it behaves exactly the same way. Many engines run simulations just the same as RT is a simulation. And it does handle the code thats there much more efficiently, as it does not calculate all sorts of crap it wont use (no probing, culling).

Its potato potatoe material, and it all takes work while Nvidia has provided zero proof that workflows magically require fewer man hours for similar results. Just guesstimates induced by a healthy dose of marketing for the next best thing.

Nothing just works, all those things RT does 'on its own' are useless as we lack the horsepower to push it anyway. So you end up spending an equal amount of time fixing all of that.

The only thing you need less off with RT, is talented devs and designers. Raster takes more skill to get right. Not more time. RT is just a lazy package brute forcing it for you and passing the bill to end users.

Ive seen it too often. New ways of working, new algorithms... and yet, every half serious dev squad has a backlog to keep going for years...
And yet we haven't had rasterization in movies since the first Jurassic Park. I wonder why that is ;)

System Name Rectangulote
Processor Core I9-9900KF
Motherboard Asus TUF Z390M
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 280 + Eisblock RTX 3090 RE + 2 x 240 ST30
Memory 32 GB DDR4 3600mhz CL16 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) KFA2 RTX 3090 SG
Storage WD Blue 3D 2TB + 2 x WD Black SN750 1TB
Display(s) 2 x Asus ROG Swift PG278QR / Samsung Q60R
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Evga Nu Audio + Sennheiser HD599SE + Trust GTX 258
Power Supply Corsair RMX850
Mouse Razer Naga Wireless Pro / Logitech MX Master
Keyboard Keychron K4 / Dierya DK61 Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro
It is a chicken and egg problem.

It's not. It's a problem of trying to parcel new tech for the sake of trying to squeeze the cow while the rest does their thing more slowly because you don't want to colaborate. We already had physx and havoc as a case, or even gsync and freesync. Eventually we will get there and everyone is working towards that, but nvidia ALWAYS apply the walled garden just to tear it down years later and slowing everyone else in the process. Walled gardens don't work in PC.

Look, I'm hyped over RT like no one and Cyberpunk 2077 got me really excited, but it would be better if they nvidia were more open about this.

bug

Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
It's not. It's a problem of trying to parcel new tech for the sake of trying to squeeze the cow while the rest does their thing more slowly because you don't want to colaborate. We already had physx and havoc as a case, or even gsync and freesync. Eventually we will get there and everyone is working towards that, but nvidia ALWAYS apply the walled garden just to tear it down years later and slowing everyone else in the process. Walled gardens don't work in PC.

Look, I'm hyped over RT like no one and Cyberpunk 2077 got me really excited, but it would be better if they nvidia were more open about this.
DXR is not walled garden. And neither is its Vulkan counerpart (which I'm not sure is finished yet).

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
@btarunr

Why the sensationalist title?

Why not use "drop" instead of "dump"? As a journalist you must remain neutral.

its the same thing, you are splitting hairs just because either yourself are too emotionally involved in this or you see that 99% of the forum users are.
People are weird man.

I just dont get it, dont we all want real time ray tracing for like...two decades now?
And its finally getting worked on, with a good shot of becoming a thing....and people laugh when a company drops support?

I mean I get it, its RTX, its Nvidia, the company who pushes tech....when it exclusively benefits them (cough physics cough cough Gsync cough).
But we all want Real Time Global Illumination to become a thing.

Idk bout you guys but I get sad thinking about for example AMD's Mantle, how it was meant to introduce True Audio that would finally give audio quality a much needed kick in the rear and that never panned out.
Or how DX12 was suppose to natively support us hooking up whatever GPU's we wanted and they would work together.
Or that Lucid Hydra chip before it.

Last edited:
System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Another example of a technology with closed wall support in limited fashion that is hard to implement correctly. There are other forms of open source Ray tracing that give superior results with power computational overhead.

PhysX anyone?

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
And yet we haven't had rasterization in movies since the first Jurassic Park. I wonder why that is ;)

Because movies are not an interactive audiovisual experience, but a passive one, that can be rendered ahead of time, and not in realtime?

(obtuse on purpose, or just a momentary lapse?)

So... we have 2 dGPU makers and you say both are too expensive.
How exactly does that work? :-D

Common sense, and a look at the recent past, and how a perf/dollar is supposed to curve and not suddenly peak because both companies are deciding to slow down on perf gain per gen.

How this works: sales are lower than expected, and companies work harder to sell their next version at a better price or with better features, inventory won't sell, and old stock gets sold at discount. Or we buy into the marketing nonsense/empty promises, and confirm its a price level we agree with. Commerce does indeed work like that, yes. These 2 dGPU makers have a history and we have their GPUs already. We're upgrading. And we can choose not to, its as simple as that. The only share for RTX Nvidia is really capturing by storm is through the RTX2060, for all those who didn't feel like paying around 500 bucks for a GTX 1080 3 years ago. They got one instead for 350. The rest is just not interesting at all for anyone who already has a midrange or better GPU. Navi is more of the same really, by the way. 5-10% perf gaps are too silly to even talk about. The upper midrange is simply massively overcrowded right now and its more of the same ever since Pascal was released. So yes. Shit's too expensive, disregarding two or three exceptions and the odd lucky deal.

Seriously the above two responses of both of you are a clear sign of tunnel vision. You know these answers just as well as I do, but its a reality you don't like to hear, so you choose to contest it. You can rest assured, its futile. Whichever way it flies, the reality won't change, and that is you're paying way too much for a baby step forward. If that is what you want to support or defend, be my guest, but I'm just going to exercise some more patience until products arrive that dó offer what I want at a reasonable price point. And they will appear, no worries.

Same goes for RT enabled cards and games. When its truly ready like 'Crysis' was ready - and we still use the familiar quote today, even though it was unplayable at launch ;) -, these fruitless discussions are not even in anyone's mind - everyone will be amazed when a product offers something truly groundbreaking and the momentum it gets will silence any naysayers, you can go back in history for proof of that. The current state of affairs is not that - and that is the point I've been making since RTX was announced. Its good if you can make the distinction between hit and miss, and for any new tech or innovation, timing is everything. AMD can write a book about that, and so can Nvidia.

As time passes and RTRT 'momentum' is still non existant, perhaps the timing here was completely wrong, and you'd be a complete idiot to pay premium for that.

DXR is not walled garden. And neither is its Vulkan counerpart (which I'm not sure is finished yet).

You can build walls in many ways. One of them is having a high admission fee. Another is using custom hardware ahead of everyone else. It means you put most of the effort in your own flowers and step down on those the others are growing. Nvidia smelled an opportunity for cash and satisfying shareholders after mining dipped so it went ahead of the music. They even rushed it so badly that there was barely anything to show us. And there still really isn't much.

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Rtx is just like sli, physx, DEAD END

Another example of a technology with closed wall support in limited fashion that is hard to implement correctly. There are other forms of open source Ray tracing that give superior results with power computational overhead.

PhysX anyone?

RadeonRays

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Because movies are not an interactive audiovisual experience, but a passive one, that can be rendered ahead of time, and not in realtime?

(obtuse on purpose, or just a momentary lapse?)
No, I was just pointing out that, everything else being equal, ray tracing still yields better visuals. That's the primary reason RTRT is worth pursuing ;)

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Open, brand neutral standards are the way forward.

DXR is brand neutral, at the end of the that's what makes RT work not RTX.