• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Man what idiot decided to go into work in black trouser, black shirt and black jumper?? (mine)
You just need some lovely V8 or turbo noise to spice up your journey Phil. :roll:
I do find commuting on motorway boring aswell tbh to the point I just start talking to myself and commentating on people crap driving and then when I get bored I just speed up or start singing to the songs playing from my USB drive.(got android unit installed in my car now, real game changer to enjoying music a lot more)

If only I could afford one!! I wouldn't say no to a RS4 or RS6 but that's not going to happen on my current wages :laugh: :crying: Even then, I do wonder if I would enjoy it or not because of how roads are.. As @infrared pointed out, too many cameras and idiots and people on the roads now to be making any sort of fun with the cars.. :( Need to go to track days now to get any sort of fun I think but even then, still need to be careful as idiots about there too :(

My Cupra R does me ok.. Manages 400 miles or so on a tank on a long journey, I can't complain for a 1.8T petrol :) I have meant to get it tuned and the turbo down pipe replaced but that's not going to happen sadly soon :( Lord knows I miss my fast cars :(

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
If only I could afford one!! I wouldn't say no to a RS4 or RS6 but that's not going to happen on my current wages :laugh: :crying: Even then, I do wonder if I would enjoy it or not because of how roads are.. As @infrared pointed out, too many cameras and idiots and people on the roads now to be making any sort of fun with the cars.. :( Need to go to track days now to get any sort of fun I think but even then, still need to be careful as idiots about there too :(

My Cupra R does me ok.. Manages 400 miles or so on a tank on a long journey, I can't complain for a 1.8T petrol :) I have meant to get it tuned and the turbo down pipe replaced but that's not going to happen sadly soon :( Lord knows I miss my fast cars :(
I have a mate with the "stage 2" package on his 1.8T cupra R and he's surprised it hasn't thrown a piston yet lol but then he said the car just has too much torque in the lower rev range making it have no traction in 1st gear and 2nd gear.
The car makes 280bhp or something I believe?
The motorway is probably the most refined bit of road we have compared to all smaller roads that get patched up and then get f*cked again.

System Name Box of Distraction
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling Custom watercooling
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB @ 3466MHz CL14 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080Ti FE. WC'd & TDP limit increased to 360W.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB & WD Black 2TB storage drive.
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" 1440P 165hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Phillips Fidelio X2 headphones / basic Bose speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W G3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0 (mx red switches)
Software Win 10 & Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/infrared
Cupras are cool, mucho respect to those little 1.8T rockets lol

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Hey Freedom what were you doing at 13:45 GMT on 22 August,

Not yellow enough to be me. Sorry to disappoint you. Though it looks like he jumped a red so he's a bit of a muppet anyway

:EDIT:

I mean if the cyclist had right of way but the guy ran across the street anyway and almost knocked the cyclist off then shouted a few expletives at the cyclist for almost killing him then yeah - the man in the suit deserved to be twatted.

Last edited:

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
I have a mate with the "stage 2" package on his 1.8T cupra R and he's surprised it hasn't thrown a piston yet lol but then he said the car just has too much torque in the lower rev range making it have no traction in 1st gear and 2nd gear.
The car makes 280bhp or something I believe?
The motorway is probably the most refined bit of road we have compared to all smaller roads that get patched up and then get f*cked again.

Cupras are cool, mucho respect to those little 1.8T rockets lol

Mines stock for the moment, I've just had a new back box and centre put on as it needed replacing. I think if the turbo down pipe goes, I'll get a sports cat fitted and get the car mapped. I don't need balls out power, getting the power down sucks as @kurosagi01 mentions for his mates car, it's bloody horrific... Slight bit of grease or damp or both, it's not something you can drive fast really...

Oh our UK roads are a bloody mess.. I drive the motorways a lot and bloody hell I always seem to find the ruts that the lorries go in.. Drives me bloody crazy! Sadly they never do really fix anything as quick fixes just rip apart after a little while and when they do re-tarmac something, it takes them 6 months and miles of tail backs to do 5 foot properly... It just sucks... :(

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Well here is my view now with the new android head unit from Eonon(China special).
DSC_0332.JPG

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
How much that cost you in total? And how much did it cost you to install?
Bought it on a "back to school" offer on Eonon website, it was £244 with the sale and installed it with my older brother help on a Friday evening. Took about 2 hours with pre installing the harness into the head unit, disconnect the negative car battery and then removing the old unit and routing the GPS under the vents,USB and wifi antenna to the glove box.
Just pry off the vents and 2 screws and then pull the old unit out towards you, unplug the cables and then reverse the order job done. Lot easier than the Peugeot 206 at least on the Mazda.

Here's mine.

7'' slim android fully touch screen with satnav and reverse parking camera( bought £70 brand new) installed on my reg 56 small 2 door hatchback. I installed no problem at all. Asked garage for the price they said £200+ wowowie! So I did install. not the best looking. still waiting for the surround trim to look beautiful.

Attachments

• IMG_20190911_123312.jpg
    IMG_20190911_123312.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Being able to use sat-nav/google maps is a bonus for me since i've always used my phone for sat-nav, being that it is always up to date with the quickest and most efficient route. My 208 GTI sat nav took me the front way to get into Excel arena in london and tried to take me the same way back out, where as google will take you through the route that probably direct lorries, through the back way going through the Docklands area, m25 and then m1.

Yeah I wouldn't want pay that much for someone to install head unit unless it was dashboard of a merc or something...

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I'm the same @kurosagi01, I use my phone sometimes when I'm unsure of the route I'm going.. Seems to be updated each time I use it, now with a speed reference... I'm not sure how much of this goes back to Google or whoever would use the data but... Gets you thinking a bit :) Well sometimes... lol :)

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
I'm the same @kurosagi01, I use my phone sometimes when I'm unsure of the route I'm going.. Seems to be updated each time I use it, now with a speed reference... I'm not sure how much of this goes back to Google or whoever would use the data but... Gets you thinking a bit :) Well sometimes... lol :)
I have all those "disabled" on my account from day 1, the only thing on is youtube.
I've been going to Excel arena for Comiccon for past few years now consistently I should really know the route by now but I don't. I know I need get onto the m25 after the m1 but can't remember whether I need to use the route to take to Gatwick or Heathrow..then just follow it until I reach the side of London near the Docklands area where I can recall which lanes I need to be in to get in and out at least.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I don't think I've ever bothered changing them to be honest.. As much as it can be of help, it's probably just as much a pain in the rear....

How's everyone's Thursdays going so far?

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Slow really, not as cold as past few days but it is manageable at the moment.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Its going to be a warm weekend.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
It's been an interesting week for the weather.. That said, I'm glad I managed to get the grass cut before the rain earlier this week..

Well tomorrow if Friday... Soooooo looking forward to the weekend :)

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
bah, my powered USB 3 hub since ive had since 2013 has decided It was time to clock out. I think it happened earlier in the week but I tried plugging in a USB stick today and Its completely gone. A replacement powered USB 3 hub is pricey and Teknet dont sell the same model no more.

Looking at a TP-Link UH-700. guy on ebay has scuffed up pre-owned one and im trying to lowball him for it lol. I dont want to be paying £30+ for one. thats just stupid.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I hope that you can get a replacement :) How many USB 3 devices do you connect in? Is there enough on your motherboard? :)

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yeah I bought one for £4 after using my nectar card points. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Same UH-700. the guy with the pre-owned one wasn't willing to play ball. His one was scuffed up. Came with no cables, no box and no warranty. Tp-link have a 2 year warranty on these things and from what I read on reviews. That's worth having.

Guy wanted £23 originally. I offered him £15 due to the circumstances.. He came back with £20 then later on £18.50 when I offered him £16. My original hope was that he just wanted to get rid of the of it and would accept the offer.

The one I bought is new and cost £25 before nectar card points kicked in. I still had to pay for postage though

My pc case has usb 3 ports but that's still quite a stretch away. I had my previous USB hub velcroed to the side of my desk an arms length away so it was more a convenience thing then having to get out of my seat each time to plug and unplug stuff

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Yeah I bought one for £4 after using my nectar card points. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Same UH-700. the guy with the pre-owned one wasn't willing to play ball. His one was scuffed up. Came with no cables, no box and no warranty. Tp-link have a 2 year warranty on these things and from what I read on reviews. That's worth having.

Guy wanted £23 originally. I offered him £15 due to the circumstances.. He came back with £20 then later on £18.50 when I offered him £16. My original hope was that he just wanted to get rid of the of it and would accept the offer.

The one I bought is new and cost £25 before nectar card points kicked in. I still had to pay for postage though

My pc case has usb 3 ports but that's still quite a stretch away. I had my previous USB hub velcroed to the side of my desk an arms length away so it was more a convenience thing then having to get out of my seat each time to plug and unplug stuff

You just have to love Ebay at times don't you?? lol

I can understand the requirement for the hub now :) I try to keep my PC on my desk, that said, I need to actually put it in a case to be honest... That does seem like a lot of work but recently it's been playing up and I've no idea what the heck is going on with it.. I blame the board I have because I hope to crikey it's not the CPU lol That said, I might put a thread up and see what suggestions come back.. That said, I've no money really for any PC hardware but where there's a will I suppose lol

How's your Friday going @FreedomEclipse ? It's nice and sunny here today at the moment, soon to be going home time which is always a welcomed thing for me.. lol

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
my 760T is too big to keep on my desk - it has its own desk near my desk though Slow friday. didnt get out of bed till 12pm.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
So this year is the year has so far been dominated by:
-Brexit - Get this at the GF parents house
-Hong Kong protest and now riots - Get this at home from the parents
-Gender/LGBT/neutral equality is now somehow influencing media and how people treat..people in general?
-Climate change talk *don't have problem with this one*
-Donald Trump being Donald Trump

Nobody gave two toss about it until recently, it's insane that it is now even more relevant than it has been over the years.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
It seems my good sir that the world has gone finally bat ^%$" crazy.... I can't understand it myself....

I do wonder sometimes if the media is just there to stir crap up and then for everything else just to make it even more stupid than ever.. I'll have to find a picture that I saw on Facebook a little while ago, was brilliant for what spreads ^%" the most......

System Name Indis the Fair (cursed edition)
Processor 11900k 5.1/4.9 undervolted.
Motherboard MSI Z590 Unify-X
Cooling Heatkiller VI Pro, VPP755 V.3, XSPC TX360 slim radiator, 3xA12x25, 4x Arctic P14 case fans
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 4000 16-19-19 (b-die@3600 14-14-14 1.45v)
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080 Super Hybrid (T30-120 fan)
Storage 970EVO 1TB, 660p 1TB, WD Blue 3D 1TB, Sandisk Ultra 3D 2TB
Display(s) BenQ XL2546K, Dell P2417H
Case FD Define 7
Audio Device(s) DT770 Pro, Topping A50, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Røde VXLR+, Modmic 5
Power Supply Seasonic 860w Platinum
Mouse Razer Viper Mini, Odin Infinity mousepad
Keyboard GMMK Fullsize v2 (Boba U4Ts)
Software Win10 x64/Win7 x64/Ubuntu
So this year is the year has so far been dominated by:
-Brexit - Get this at the GF parents house
-Hong Kong protest and now riots - Get this at home from the parents
-Gender/LGBT/neutral equality is now somehow influencing media and how people treat..people in general?
-Climate change talk *don't have problem with this one*
-Donald Trump being Donald Trump

Nobody gave two toss about it until recently, it's insane that it is now even more relevant than it has been over the years.
I blame the stories making good clickbait...

Obama making stuff like the affordable care act is boring... Brexit=Drama Trump=Drama Climate change=Drama :roll:

Good clickbait drama gets the normies interested :)