• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Phanteks Eclipse P360X

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
The Phanteks Eclipse P360X is an updated variant of the P300 with a cool new front and more RGB elements, which can be controlled directly through the built-in controller. On top of that, the frame of the P360X comes with numerous improvements as well.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Fujitsu Siemens, HP Workstation
Processor Athlon x2 5000+ 3.1GHz, i5 2400
Motherboard Asus
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) rx 460 4gb
Storage 750 Evo 250 +2tb
Display(s) Asus 1680x1050 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) Pioneer
Power Supply 430W
Mouse Acme
Keyboard Trust
i prefer more easy hard disk aces or button to turn off power.

Would be nice to see whether this case is as choked off as it looks, here's the difference between the front panels of the new and old P400 chassis that mostly shares this intake design on the older model - as you can see, the blocked off front panel of the original design makes a substantial negative impact on component temperatures:

carefree

Two questions, 1) Does the vertical GPU bracket mean there is no way to use the other expansion slots on your motherboard? 2) Do they still make magnetic hard drives measured in the GB range?

Two questions, 1) Does the vertical GPU bracket mean there is no way to use the other expansion slots on your motherboard? 2) Do they still make magnetic hard drives measured in the GB range?
1 - For this case, yes, using a vertical mount would eliminate your ability to use another expansion card (You may possibly fit a very short card behind it in some circumstances, but I wouldn't recommend it - this feature is for looks, not functionality, just like all other vertical mounts.

2 - You can buy them new, but they're a tiny, tiny portion of the market and I'd suspect at this point that they aren't manufacturing new sub-terabyte 3.5" drives at all, and are just selling through old stocks. For 2.5" drives, they probably still manufacturer those new but in much smaller numbers than in the past.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Would be nice to see whether this case is as choked off as it looks, here's the difference between the front panels of the new and old P400 chassis that mostly shares this intake design on the older model - as you can see, the blocked off front panel of the original design makes a substantial negative impact on component temperatures:
View attachment 132002
View attachment 132001

Yup...

That front panel will HEAVILY restrict airflow...

Apparently some of their older cases had the same sort of front panel and they released a mesh front panel which improved airflow so much.

I cant remember if Steve mentioned that you can buy the front mesh panel separately from Phanteks as a spare part... though if you were going to put down another $20-30 for an 'optional upgrade' then you might as well buy another case that doesnt have the same problem as the P360X

----

And this is why thermal testing on case reviews is important and it should of been a thing a long time ago.

I have never been able to duplicate thermal impacts on most Phanteks cases .... neither has Hardware Canucks. Tho I must confine myself to the Luxe, Pro, Evolve, Primo and 600S cases as we don't get much call for the extreme low budget series. Thermal and air flow testing has been a thing for a long time .... most folks are just doing it thoroughly. We use 6 thermal sensors and a fog machine ... and also test 'as supplied" and with all fan mounts equipped wuth fans.

The Evolv / 600S was so labeled but I was unable to confirm this presumption ... nether was hardware canucks.

Start about 5;25

h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6RDlHueKuU&t=349s