• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking for a mid tower case with good airflow and dust filters

Akruze

Hey guys, in preparation to complete my gaming build I'm struggling to find a good case.
Here is my current build:

PCPartPicker Part List
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($194.89 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($82.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($109.98 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($419.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($85.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1068.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-29 10:07 EDT-0400

* PSU is not final yet, it's there because it's good and on a sale
* case is there for sake of price estimation
* budget for the case is 100$ unless its worth it

I'm looking for a case with good airflow - front, back and top fans. I need it because my PC will be located in the corner of my room under the table ao not much air going there.
I want dust filters for easier maintenance and cleaning.
Hopefully, a silent case.
I don't need rgb or side panles
Standard ports and connections I guess..
The meshify c answers all of these but is a bit expensive especially because the fans it comes with suck so I need to get 4 fans instead of 1 or 2

Side note:
I live in Israel, alot of the popular cases aren't sold here and ordering one is too expensive, so the more suggestions the better

Thanks!

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
You say the meshify meets your needs/wants, so I would go with it, because you won't find too many more cases in that price range that have the same features & build quality as it does, even with the costs of the additional/better fans....

Processor faster than yours
Motherboard better than yours
Cooling cooler than yours
Memory smarter than yours
Video Card(s) better performance than yours
Storage stronger than yours
Display(s) bigger than yous
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) clearer than yours
Power Supply more powerful than yours
Mouse lighter than yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours

Akruze

You say the meshify meets your needs/wants, so I would go with it, because you won't find too many more cases in that price range that have the same features & build quality as it does, even with the costs of the additional/better fans....
Ah.. I see.. That's a shame.. Thanks!
I'd still love to hear on alternatives to the meshify-c.

Meshy c or phanteks ethoo pro m
Didn't know about that one, thank you!

System Name Massi
Processor Intel i5 10600K, 6 core @5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 GAMING X
Cooling Corsair H115i PRO 280mm
Memory Corsair 16GB DDR4 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus 5700 XT OC 8GB
Storage 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Asus 27" PG278QR TN LED 1ms, 2560x1440, 165hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 450D, Noctua fans in front, up, and back
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200
Power Supply Corsair RM850X 850W
Mouse Asus Gladius Optical Gaming
Keyboard Black, Asus
Software Windows 10
Corsair Obsidian 450D. great airflow and dust filters.

System Name Space Heater MKIV
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard ASRock B550 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, 3x Noctua NF-A14s
Memory 2x32GB Teamgroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4-3600 C18 1.35V
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil (2150MHz, 240W PL)
Storage 2TB WD SN850X, 4x1TB Crucial MX500 (striped array), LG WH16NS40 BD-RE
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG (34" 3440x1440 144Hz)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1700BT, Samson SR850
Power Supply Corsair RM850x, CyberPower CST135XLU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Glorious GMMK 2 96%
Software Windows 10 LTSC 2021, Linux Mint
Meshy c or phanteks ethoo pro m
I second the Enthoo Pro M.

Though from experience, its dust filters aren't that fine, so some dust still gets through.

Akruze

I second the Enthoo Pro M.

Though from experience, its dust filters aren't that fine, so some dust still gets through.
It's seems great buy I haven't found a retailer for it in Israel =(

Corsair Obsidian 450D. great airflow and dust filters.
How are its fans? Its a bit more expensive than the meshify-c but if its fans are good then its better priced

I have a Define C with a 3700X, X570 mb does fine. I passed on the Meshify C because open cases Front or Top just let noise escape if you value silence more.

Last edited:

Akruze

I have a Define C with a 3700X, X570 mb does fine. I passed on the Meshify C because open cases Front or Top just let noise escape if you value silence more.
So which would you recommend more? Both seem really nice

So which would you recommend more? Both seem really nice

They are the same internally. If you like the Meshify C get it. I just like silence more then i like hearing the air swooshing around in general be it CPU/GPU/Case fans. Its personal preference.

Also how you run the fans and what kind of fans you have with whatever case will all matter and the internals if they make noise plus your tolerance for noise.

I replaced the stock case fans with Noctua P12s running at 900rpm. Stock fans (air flow) on most cases aren't ideal for closed fronts or Mesh+Filter.
Front
3x120mm
Back
1x120mm
Provides a nice air flow that you can feel throughout the case with minimal noise at idle, My WD Black HDD is the loudest thing on idle.

Another case that might interest you is the Bequiet! Pure Base 500 not sure if its available in your area.

Last edited:

Akruze

They are the same internally. If you like the Meshify C get it. I just like silence more then i like hearing the air swooshing around in general be it CPU/GPU/Case fans. Its personal preference.

Also how you run the fans and what kind of fans you have with whatever case will all matter and the internals if they make noise plus your tolerance for noise.

I replaced the stock case fans with Noctua P12s running at 900rpm. Stock fans (air flow) on most cases aren't ideal for closed fronts or Mesh+Filter.
Front
3x120mm
Back
1x120mm
Provides a nice air flow that you can feel throughout the case with minimal noise at idle, My WD Black HDD is the loudest thing on idle.

Another case that might interest you is the Bequiet! Pure Base 500 not sure if its available in your area.

So in overall the airflow is similar but the meshify-c is louder? Besides design and i/o, they both have dust filters, so is that the only difference?

I was planning on getting noctua fans too, nf-s12b redux-1200 pwm or maybe 140 mm instead, to any of the cases as either addition or replacement to the stock fans (or both)
Does define c also has fans on top? Is that a good addition to airflow?

Surprisingly I do have a retailer that sells the BQ case!! And it looks nice!

So how would you rank the 3 cases? All are similar in price.

Edit:
After some Google search, to my understanding, the Meshify has better airflow but the Define is more quiet in theory. In reality the extra noise of the Meshify is barely notable and it's cooling is better which helps reduce noise too. Am I missing something?
If I'm right than I'd go for the Meshify between those two. How does it compare to the BQ?

Last edited:
So in overall the airflow is similar but the meshify-c is louder? Besides design and i/o, they both have dust filters, so is that the only difference?

I was planning on getting noctua fans too, nf-s12b redux-1200 pwm or maybe 140 mm instead, to any of the cases as either addition or replacement to the stock fans (or both)
Does define c also has fans on top? Is that a good addition to airflow?

Surprisingly I do have a retailer that sells the BQ case!! And it looks nice!

So how would you rank the 3 cases? All are similar in price.

Edit:
After some Google search, to my understanding, the Meshify has better airflow but the Define is more quiet in theory. In reality the extra noise of the Meshify is barely notable and it's cooling is better which helps reduce noise too. Am I missing something?
If I'm right than I'd go for the Meshify between those two. How does it compare to the BQ?

Meshify will be cooler at the expense of noise. It will vary on what fans and at what speeds you run them on ofcourse. The Define C can be made a Meshify C by just replacing the top cover with the magnetic filter and taking the front panel off but at that point you might as well just get a Meshify.

System Name Ryzen & Ryzen-II
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.4 Ghz 8-Core Processor | AMD RYZEN 5 2600X 4.2Ghz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taichi ATX AM4 Motherboard | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX
Cooling Corsair H100I Pro 240mm AIO | Corsair H100X Extrememe 240mm AIO
Memory GSKILL Trident Z 32gb GTZB DDR4 3200 4 X 8 | Corsair Dominator Platinum 32 GB DDR4-3200 2 X 16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 580 8 GB Red Devil Video Card (Not Golden) | Zotac GTX-1060 6GB Amp
Storage 1- Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2 2 - Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB | Ditto
Display(s) Two 24 inch HP E242 Elite Buisness Monitors | Two 27 inch LG M38 Monitors
Case Rosewell Rise | Ditto
Audio Device(s) Yamaha Yst-sw160 Subwoofer (2) infiniti monitors | Bose Accustimax 5 audio
Power Supply Corsair RMi 750 W 80+ Gold Modular ATX Power Supply | Ditto
Mouse Logitech Wireless optical mouse | Ditto
Keyboard Logitech Wireless keyboard | Ditto
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 build 1909 | Ditto
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yf8p96 | https://valid.x86.fr/mk995k
Rosewell Rise has tons of room...Can mount two power supply's if needed ? tons of room
for liquid cooling 360 in front or ontop

Sam

Akruze

Meshify will be cooler at the expense of noise. It will vary on what fans and at what speeds you run them on ofcourse. The Define C can be made a Meshify C by just replacing the top cover with the magnetic filter and taking the front panel off but at that point you might as well just get a Meshify.

True.. I'll get the Meshify with good fans and it'll probably be quiet enough for me.
Would you say the Meshify is a better choice than the Pure Base 500?

Processor faster than yours
Motherboard better than yours
Cooling cooler than yours
Memory smarter than yours
Video Card(s) better performance than yours
Storage stronger than yours
Display(s) bigger than yous
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) clearer than yours
Power Supply more powerful than yours
Mouse lighter than yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
True.. I'll get the Meshify with good fans and it'll probably be quiet enough for me.
Would you say the Meshify is a better choice than the Pure Base 500?

The Pure Base 500 is made for liquid cooling and silence, see charts below

Most air coolers need an open top front case panel or intake fans on a mesh front panel to bring in outside air. The Pure Base 500 provides neither as it only has two front slits for air and a closed front top in stock configuration. You can remove the top panel on the 500 but it comes with no dust covers. It does come with a dust filter option in the box.

Last edited:

Akruze

The Pure Base 500 is made for liquid cooling and silence, see charts below

Most air coolers need an open top front case panel or intake fans on a mesh front panel to bring in outside air. The Pure Base 500 provides neither as it only has two front slits for air and a closed front top in stock configuration. You can remove the top panel on the 500 but it comes with no dust covers.

Oh I see.. Didn't know that
Well as I'm not into liquid cooling I'll go for the Meshify C, thanks for the help!

System Name Desktop / "Console"
Processor Ryzen 5950X / Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus X570 Hero / Asus X570-i
Cooling EK AIO Elite 280 / Cryorig C1
Memory 32GB Gskill Trident DDR4-3600 CL16 / 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE / RTX 2080ti FE
Storage 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus NVME / 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 NVME, 1TB Intel 660P
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW / LG 65CX Oled
Case Lian Li O11 Mini / Sliger CL530 Conswole
Audio Device(s) Sony AVR, SVS speakers & subs / Marantz AVR, SVS speakers & subs
Power Supply ROG Loki 1000 / Silverstone SX800
VR HMD Quest 3
I am in the process of planning a new system and for ATX or m-ATX options, the Meshify was my #1 choice. Phanteks cases are excellent quality with many nice features, and the Meshify is great for cooling. I have instead decided to go miniITX this time though, so the hunt is still on for the perfect case. I wish they would offer a Meshify Nano and make my decision an easy one.