• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Announces Availability of the Ryzen PRO 3000 Series Processors

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Today, AMD announced the global availability of its new AMD Ryzen PRO 3000 Series desktop processor lineup, along with new AMD Ryzen PRO processors with Radeon Vega Graphics and AMD Athlon PRO processors with Radeon Vega Graphics. The AMD Ryzen PRO and Athlon PRO desktop processors combine powerful performance, built-in security features, and commercial-grade reliability to get the job done. Starting in Q4 2019, robust enterprise desktops from HP and Lenovo powered by AMD Ryzen PRO and Athlon PRO desktop processors are slated to be available.

"The launch of the Ryzen PRO 3000 Series processors for commercial and small business users is the latest demonstration of our commitment to technology leadership in 2019," said Saied Moshkelani, senior vice president and general manager, AMD Client Compute. "Designed specifically to efficiently data-crunch, design, compose, and create - AMD Ryzen PRO and Athlon PRO processors accelerate enhanced business productivity while offering protection safeguards with built-in security features, such as full system memory encryption and a dedicated, on-die security processor."

Powering versatile designs from both HP and Lenovo and designed to fit virtually every office environment, the AMD Ryzen 9 PRO 3900, AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 3700, and AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 3600 CPUs are based on the world's most advanced 7nm "Zen 2" core architecture. Offering up to 12 cores and 24 threads - the most of any business processor only with the AMD Ryzen 9 PRO 3900 processor - they provide a high-performance and high-efficiency design built for even the most rigorous business environments and are power efficient without sacrificing performance.

Supreme Productivity
AMD Ryzen PRO 3000 Series processors deliver highly competitive performance for business desktops:
  • Ryzen 9 PRO 3900 and Ryzen 7 PRO 3700 brings up to 2X faster performance than the competition at the same power, ensuring a cool and quiet PC usage environment;
  • Ryzen PRO processors offer up to an estimated 127% faster data-crunching versus the competition, from solving equations to running simulations in various industries including financial services, life science, and energy;
  • Technology leadership with the most advanced 7 nm SoC and "Zen 2" core architecture, up to 12 cores at only 65 W TDP for select models.
Powerful Protection
Every AMD Ryzen PRO processor contains a powerful, built-in security co-processor that runs AMD GuardMI technology, which is dedicated to helping protect users' PCs. AMD Memory Guard helps defend against cold boot attacks with full system memory encryption, and AMD technology supports and complements OEM security features and Windows Security, including Lenovo ThinkShield and HP Sure Start, among others.

OEM Support
In the coming months, enterprise customers will be able to purchase Ryzen PRO processor-based systems from top PC vendors including HP and Lenovo.

HP EliteDesk 705 G5 Series with AMD
"HP continues to strengthen its commitment to innovative PC technologies and collaborating with our partners has never been more important," said Andy Rhodes, Global Head Commercial Personal Systems, HP Inc. "Powered by AMD Ryzen PRO processors, our HP EliteDesk 705 G5 series deliver the robust performance and productivity that today's workforce requires, in industry-leading compact designs."

The high-performance HP EliteDesk 705 G5 Series offers enterprise-class productivity with the latest AMD Ryzen PRO processors in your choice of form factors.
  • The HP EliteDesk 705 G5 Small Form Factor is the world's first AMD desktop PC with dual-M.2 drive capability and delivers impressive value with powerful performance, expandability, manageability and resilient security for the modern workplace. The HP EliteDesk 705 G5 SFF will be available in September starting at $669 USD.
  • The HP EliteDesk 705 G5 Desktop Mini is the smallest and most powerful AMD Ultra Small Form Factor (USFF) business-class PC7. With many configurable options, and built-in security and manageability in a compact design, this desktop mini pairs with the HP Mini-in-One 24 Display to revamp the modern workplace. The HP EliteDesk 705 G5 DM will be available in November starting at $679 USD.
Lenovo ThinkCentre Desktops with AMD
Lenovo ThinkCentre desktops have been available with AMD processors - offering great performance, security and energy-saving features - for more than ten years. That heritage continues with the ThinkCentre M75s-1 small form factor (SFF) and M75q-1 Tiny form factor offering the latest Ryzen PRO processors, up to 12-cores on the SFF model.

The clean and sleek look and feel is backed up with strong security and manageability features. New for 2019 AMD platforms is the Smart Power-On feature allowing users to mount the desktops in more flexible locations, such as a wall, under a desk or behind a monitor. Simply press ALT+P on the keyboard to power on the system. The M75q-1 Tiny also now includes a USB Type-C port and an HDMI port as standard and the option of two additional user-defined ports.

"Our customers want smart and secure desktops to meet the day-to-day rigors of workplace demands with the flexibility to adapt to modern workspaces," said Tom Butler, executive director, WW commercial portfolio and product management, Lenovo. "We equip select ThinkCentre models with state-of-the-art AMD processors that deliver great performance and security features in one device."

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
id like to see these chips for end users too, not just included with a system

Dell isn't mentioned. And not so long ago they were supposed to be AMD's main OEM partner...

I have never seen an OEM business desktop with Ryzen actually used anywhere outside the OEM's office. We'll see if this generation changes anything.

Ginpo236

Dell isn't mentioned. And not so long ago they were supposed to be AMD's main OEM partner...

I have never seen an OEM business desktop with Ryzen actually used anywhere outside the OEM's office. We'll see if this generation changes anything.

A few weeks or months ago I saw a reddit post where Dell was no longer going to supply deskstops with AMD Ryzen Pro 3000 processors. There was inkling that it was Intel doing their thing again with Dell. Conspiracy theory come true? Perhaps.

edit found it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ct4wyf

A few weeks or months ago I saw a reddit post where Dell was no longer going to supply deskstops with AMD Ryzen Pro 3000 processors. There was inkling that it was Intel doing their thing again with Dell.
I really doubt any Intel intervention would be needed. Demand for these PCs is not exactly huge.

More importantly, it's 100% legal for these companies to get into this kind of exclusivity deal.
Dell is currently the only top3 OEM offering Threadripper - likely also as a result of an arrangement with AMD. Although I'm not sure who pays who. ;-)

Ginpo236

I really doubt any Intel intervention would be needed. Demand for these PCs is not exactly huge.

More importantly, it's 100% legal for these companies to get into this kind of exclusivity deal.
Dell is currently the only top3 OEM offering Threadripper - likely also as a result of an arrangement with AMD. Although I'm not sure who pays who. ;-)

So you've never read the article below regarding "Rebates"?

So you've never read the article below regarding "Rebates"?

I know how rebates work. Do you? :)
The ruling is specific to EU law, which has a very extreme stance on monopolies.
You're from US and this practice is acceptable there. :)

This case has been in court for a decade now. The initial ruling was very strict. Intel appealed and it's very likely they'll win in the end. EU is afraid of consequences. We don't have precedence in our legal system, but this would be a de facto precedence for many similar cases - often against other American giants (e.g Google).

Loyalty rebates are very common. You get them from shops and banks. Companies get them from other companies. It's a very natural idea.

System Name Baxter
Processor Intel i7-5775C @ 4.2 GHz 1.35 V
Motherboard ASRock Z97-E ITX/AC
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3 with Noctua NF-A12 fan
Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz CL11 HyperX Savage DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black @ 1950 MHz
Storage 1 TB Sabrent Rocket 2242 NVMe SSD (boot), 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO, and 4TB Toshiba X300 7200 RPM HDD
Display(s) Vizio P65-F1 4KTV (4k60 with HDR or 1080p120)
Case Raijintek Ophion
Audio Device(s) HDMI PCM 5.1, Vizio 5.1 surround sound
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum 600 W SFX PSU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G613 and Microsoft Media Keyboard
These chips are fine I guess, but for the APUs it really is disappointing that they are Zen+ instead of Zen 2. You have to pick between needing a discrete card in a prebuilt, which is a big cost on the BOM, or a slower processor that makes many Intel offerings faster and more desirable. Once AMD gets a Zen 2/Navi APU out, it's going to be easy to recommend AMD for any use case. But until then, it's still a game of compromise.

Ginpo236

Sigh. Yes I know it's an EU ruling and yes I know how rebates work. Hence me quoting "rebates". These "rebates" were essentially payoffs to keep their competition's products from being offerred at all.

These monopolistic practices which Intel was found guilty of in the EU. Though it is not currenlty illegal here for rebates, monopolistic practices are (you referenced Google). It is just speculation on why Dell isn't offering Ryzen Pro processors in their lineup and is highly questionable why they've noted EOL on Ryzen Pro in the reddit link.

I actually don't think EU's stance on monopolies are strict and I would argue that the view on monopolies have become very laxxed here in the US in recent history.

Continuing to argue that Intel may not have anything to do with this is turning a blind eye to their history as well.

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Sigh. Yes I know it's an EU ruling and yes I know how rebates work. Hence me quoting "rebates". These "rebates" were essentially payoffs to keep their competition's products from being offerred at all.

These monopolistic practices which Intel was found guilty of in the EU. Though it is not currenlty illegal here for rebates, monopolistic practices are (you referenced Google). It is just speculation on why Dell isn't offering Ryzen Pro processors in their lineup and is highly questionable why they've noted EOL on Ryzen Pro in the reddit link.

I actually don't think EU's stance on monopolies are strict and I would argue that the view on monopolies have become very laxxed here in the US in recent history.

Continuing to argue that Intel may not have anything to do with this is turning a blind eye to their history as well.

Dell's always been a pawn, they always will, even when AMD had a superior product back in the early 2000s

System Name ATHENA
Processor AMD 7950X
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair X670E Extreme
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 7 x Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC IP67 2000RPM
Memory 2x32GB Trident Z RGB 6000Mhz CL30
Video Card(s) ASUS 4090 Strix
Storage 3 x Kingston Fury 4TB, 4 x Samsung 870 QVO
Display(s) Alienware AW3821DW, Wacom Cintiq Pro 15
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) Topping A90/D90 MQA, Fluid FPX7 Fader Pro, Beyerdynamic T1 G2, Beyerdynamic MMX300
Power Supply ASUS THOR 1600T
Mouse Xtrfy MZ1 - Zy' Rail, Logitech MX Vertical, Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 + OpenSUSE MicroOS
I really wish these would come into retail channels in some form or fashion, there's a few features that would be excellent for home server builds (especially when matched with one of those nice X470 Asrock server boards) compared to the normal silicon.