• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Major Problems with newly released Acer X35 and Asus ROG SWIFT PG35VQ. Nvidia, Acer and Asus are silent about it.

System Name Coffeelake the Zen Destroyer
Processor 8700K @5.1GHz
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA
Cooling Cooled by EK
Memory RGB DDR4 4133MHz CL17-17-17-37
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti to future GTX 1180Ti
Storage SAMSUNG 960 PRO 512GB
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG27VQ to ROG SWIFT PG35VQ
Case Cooler Master HAF X Nvidia Edition
Audio Device(s) Logitech
Power Supply COOLER MASTER 1KW Gold
Mouse LOGITECH Gaming
Keyboard Logitech Gaming
Software MICROSOFT Redstone 4
Benchmark Scores Cine Bench 15 single performance 222

The first Nvidia driver that supports ROG SWIFT PG35VQ is Driver 436.30

Why is everyone using non supported drivers??

G-SYNC monitors have to be supported by Nvidia Drivers before using.... And definitely before testing!

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE

G-SYNC monitors have to be supported by Nvidia Drivers before using.... And definitely before testing!
You do realize that the monitors were being sold long before the "supported by Nvidia" drivers were released, right?

Processor 9600k
Motherboard MSI Z390I Gaming EDGE AC
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5
Memory 32GB of G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI 3080 Ventus OC
Storage 2x Intel 660p 1TB
Display(s) Acer CG437KP
Case Streacom BC1 mini
Audio Device(s) Topping MX3
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse R.A.T. DWS
Keyboard HAVIT KB487L / AKKO 3098 / Logitech G19
VR HMD HTC Vive
Benchmark Scores What's a "benchmark"?
Well, this seems to be a case of an uninformed consumer.
Both of the mentioned monitors use VA panels, and the presented "problem" is a phenomenon sometimes referred to as "line bleed". It's inherent to the manufacturing process of VA panels, and I have certainly not seen a VA panel which doesn't show this to some extent, from a cheapo iiyama X2474HS all the way to my beloved Philips BDM4065, televisions based on VA panels and so on. It manifests as horizontal/vertical lines when a bright object is displayed on a darker background or flickering on solid colors (especially grey).
If it bothers you, just return the monitor and don't buy another VA.

Processor 8700K @5.1GHz
Cooling Cooled by EK
Audio Device(s) Logitech
Mouse LOGITECH Gaming
Keyboard Logitech Gaming
You do realize that the monitors were being sold long before the "supported by Nvidia" drivers were released, right?

Sold?

It doesn't ship till Q4 2019..... October

ASUS ROG gave away 25 PG35VQ for review testing on Bata drivers and Bata Firmware from June 21/19

Their are some UK & EU sites with over priced pre-orders that's about it.

VA Display panel haters will always hate and bost about IPS/TN display Panels...both with not so great color. MicroLED is the future and will replace all but we are about 3 years away from tech perfecting it.

Color wise the PG35VQ can do 3440x1440 12-BIT HDR@120Hz 4:4:4 through Display Port 1.4a cable, Making the PG35VQ the first 12-bit color non personal Monitor. Not that really matters because all games are based apon 10-bit HDR under (HDR10) format @1000 Nits @144Hz.

ROG SWIFT PG35VQ
Acer Predator X35
AOC AGON AG353UCG

Very hard to look at anything else.

Paco572

Hello, This is an important post. I am an owner of the ACER X35 and you should read what I have to say if your at all interested in buying or have been totally turned off by the "flicking issues".

I was recently banned from the ACER forums for complaining about the flickering.

I must agree with The Un4seen's post event though I complained vigorously at the ACER forum specifically in the ACER X35 Flickering thread. Most of you may have seen my posts, I even posted a video of the flickering on YouTube. Acer should have explained things in detail to give the community a better idea of what to expect. Claiming "No Flickering" in the advertisements I feel is misleading given the nature of the monitor.

After further examination and testing, from a gamers stand point, I removed my YouTube video. Everybody should know why I removed it.

The following is based on having HDR set in windows, this will grey out most of your setting in the OSD.

The main thing to know is what the 3 backlight response settings do.

Gamer= Darkest of the 3 setting. Some flicker.
Hybrid= Same as gamer with a slightly brighter contrast (near as I can tell). Some flicker.
Desktop= Brightest of the 3, virtually no flicker.

The difference in brightness between the 3 is minuscule. it's like setting your brightness from 50% to 51%, It's very minor, that being said, the darkest setting, "Gamer" provides the darkest blacks.

Gamer= For games that have lots of motion. IE: Forza Horizon 4, I play it on this setting while I drive. I do not see any flickering whatsoever. Notes: if you play a game where there is not much motion like a hunting shooter you will see some flicker around bright lights especially if your side stepping. Solution is to use "Desktop" which pretty eliminates the slow flicker.

Hybrid= Same as gamer but provides a slightly brighter contrast. Best for games that have lots of motion.

Desktop=Best for games with very little motion. The setting basically turns on the local dimming in the monitor. It should read "FALD Failsafe" IMO instead of Desktop. Notes: I don't see any flicker when I side step with this setting. (In FH4) This is what I showed in the YouTube video. "Gamer" setting showing flickering and "Desktop" setting not showing any flickering.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My friends, this is the nature of the beast. I discovered that the local dimming which the above settings control, the flicker is directly related to the amount of light it produces, the trade off is: better blacks at the expense of a slight amount of flickering. Is the flickering cause to return or not buy it?

Absolutely not, get out there and buy it. This problem is no longer a problem for me and I feel there is nothing wrong with my monitor at all and is absolutely fantastic.

The flickering, is virtually unseen under DESKTOP setting and the the image quality is off the charts brilliant in any of the 3 settings.

I'm very pleased with my purchase and understand now what's going on. Perhaps a driver up date might help, but at least I have a good measure of control.

As a side note: Acer continues to shoot itself in the foot by not explaining things to it customers what all the settings do. For example, perhaps what trade off's there are if any are present. The result is the sales are dismal at best, while an uninformed community takes ACER to the "FLICKERING DOG HOUSE", when everybody should be out buying the monitor.

I believe I'm the only person in Canada to own one right now.

It would be nice if this information makes it to the forum where I got banned.

It really is the best monitor I've ever owned hands done. Get out there and buy it while your still young enough to pay for it.

Cheers,

Gamer since the dawn of time, (when 5'1/4" inch floppies ruled the world.)
PACO572

Last edited:
View attachment 132557

everyone is using the latest driver.. and where exactly does it say that these 2 monitors were added ? G - Sync compatible is not the same as G sync or G sync ultimate which have G sync modules..

I recorded some footage of it happening in Destiny 2, its super clear at 1440p and 4k on the YT vid. Or you can look at the minimap if your eyes are that bad, the map goes from solid color to banding lines in-between

I dont have this scanline or Flickering with the LG27Gl850 and it doesnt even have a G -sync Module (Its G sync compatible) Look at the screenshot above. PG35VQ is G-Sync Capable, not compatible! They are different things using different Tech! Stop spreading mis information about drivers.

here is another video of just the interlacing

I have this image open in the background https://pcmonitors.info/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/snowy-village.jpg

Hello, This is an important post. I am an owner of the ACER X35 and you should read what I have to say if your at all interested in buying or have been totally turned off by the "flicking issues".

I was recently banned from the ACER forums for complaining about the flickering.

I must agree with The Un4seen's post event though I complained vigorously at the ACER forum specifically in the ACER X35 Flickering thread. Most of you may have seen my posts, I even posted a video of the flickering on YouTube. Acer should have explained things in detail to give the community a better idea of what to expect. Claiming "No Flickering" in the advertisements I feel is misleading given the nature of the monitor.

After further examination and testing, from a gamers stand point, I removed my YouTube video. Everybody should know why I removed it.

The following is based on having HDR set in windows, this will grey out most of your setting in the OSD.

The main thing to know is what the 3 backlight response settings do.

Gamer= Darkest of the 3 setting. Some flicker.
Hybrid= Same as gamer with a slightly brighter contrast (near as I can tell). Some flicker.
Desktop= Brightest of the 3, virtually no flicker.

The difference in brightness between the 3 is minuscule. it's like setting your brightness from 50% to 51%, It's very minor, that being said, the darkest setting, "Gamer" provides the darkest blacks.

Gamer= For games that have lots of motion. IE: Forza Horizon 4, I play it on this setting while I drive. I do not see any flickering whatsoever. Notes: if you play a game where there is not much motion like a hunting shooter you will see some flicker around bright lights especially if your side stepping. Solution is to use "Desktop" which pretty eliminates the slow flicker.

Hybrid= Same as gamer but provides a slightly brighter contrast. Best for games that have lots of motion.

Desktop=Best for games with very little motion. The setting basically turns on the local dimming in the monitor. It should read "FALD Failsafe" IMO instead of Desktop. Notes: I don't see any flicker when I side step with this setting. (In FH4) This is what I showed in the YouTube video. "Gamer" setting showing flickering and "Desktop" setting not showing any flickering.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My friends, this is the nature of the beast. I discovered that the local dimming which the above settings control, the flicker is directly related to the amount of light it produces, the trade off is: better blacks at the expense of a slight amount of flickering. Is the flickering cause to return or not buy it?

Absolutely not, get out there and buy it. This problem is no longer a problem for me and I feel there is nothing wrong with my monitor at all and is absolutely fantastic.

The flickering, is virtually unseen under DESKTOP setting and the the image quality is off the charts brilliant in any of the 3 settings.

I'm very pleased with my purchase and understand now what's going on. Perhaps a driver up date might help, but at least I have a good measure of control.

As a side note: Acer continues to shoot itself in the foot by not explaining things to it customers what all the settings do. For example, perhaps what trade off's there are if any are present. The result is the sales are dismal at best, while an uninformed community takes ACER to the "FLICKERING DOG HOUSE", when everybody should be out buying the monitor.

I believe I'm the only person in Canada to own one right now.

It would be nice if this information makes it to the forum where I got banned.

It really is the best monitor I've ever owned hands done. Get out there and buy it while your still young enough to pay for it.

Cheers,

Gamer since the dawn of time, (when 5'1/4" inch floppies ruled the world.)
PACO572

What you are talking about is the FALD response settings...Gamer has the fastest while desktop leaves haloing trails which is not ideal.

My PG35VQ doesnt have this naming, instead its Fast, normal and gradual.

The flickering is super bad as you can see in the video and on high contrast images you can see scanlines.

Last edited:
Processor 8700K @5.1GHz
Cooling Cooled by EK
Audio Device(s) Logitech
Mouse LOGITECH Gaming
Keyboard Logitech Gaming
everyone is using the latest driver.. and where exactly does it say that these 2 monitors were added ? G - Sync compatible is not the same as G sync or G sync ultimate which have G sync modules..

I recorded some footage of it happening in Destiny 2, its super clear at 1440p and 4k on the YT vid. Or you can look at the minimap if your eyes are that bad, the map goes from solid color to banding lines in-between

View attachment 132753

I dont have this scanline or Flickering with the LG27Gl850 and it doesnt even have a G -sync Module (Its G sync compatible) Look at the screenshot above. PG35VQ is G-Sync Capable, not compatible! They are different things using different Tech! Stop spreading mis information about drivers.

here is another video of just the interlacing

I have this image open in the background https://pcmonitors.info/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/snowy-village.jpg

What you are talking about is the FALD response settings...Gamer has the fastest while desktop leaves haloing trails which is not ideal.

My PG35VQ doesnt have this naming, instead its Fast, normal and gradual.

The flickering is super bad as you can see in the video and on high contrast images you can see scanlines.

You're video looks like your running YUV 4:2:2 color mode!

Sure does not look like RGB/YUV 4:4:4 color mode.

Go into your driver and check your setup. Select YUV 4:4:4

LG has horrible color by the way if you're thinking it's good. Only thing LG makes good is there OLED UHD TV which have fantastic colors do to OLED technology great for movies but horrible for gaming.

Make sure your running Driver 436.30 with clean installation.

You should make the video again with a frame counter on.

You're video looks like your running YUV 4:2:2 color mode!

Sure does not look like RGB/YUV 4:4:4 color mode.

Go into your driver and check your setup. Select YUV 4:4:4

LG has horrible color by the way if you're thinking it's good. Only thing LG makes good is there OLED UHD TV which have fantastic colors do to OLED technology great for movies but horrible for gaming.

Make sure your running Driver 436.30 with clean installation.

You should make the video again with a frame counter on.

-100000/10 for your effort on pulling things out of the Air. are you trolling me or are you being serious ??

First, tis a HDR game being recorded

Second I am not using Chroma subsampling as there is no need for it at 144hz

I was playing the game with RTSS on, I just did not record the entire screen.

I dont know where you are pulling these questions from....

The Colours on the LG monitor are not horrible. You clearly dont know what you are talking about lol..The LG monitor has 98%DCP-I3 coverage and it produces super vibrant colours. My PG35VQ actually looks washed out even in Wide gamut mode.

Here is another owner with flickering in BFV

Flickering is worst from 4:50 mins into the vid.

Last edited:

Linus goes on and on about G-Sync but I am here with a G-Sync ultimate monitor and the Expirience so far has been, "Lousy" like Jensen said LOL.

Flickering in Gears 5:

The Snow level has a lot of flickering areas..so baddddd

Paco572

Near as I can tell from reading, 2 issues seems to be at hand, one being the FALD flickering which I consider to be the nature of the beast. Failure from Acer to spell out the mis giving's so to speak has turned was appears to be normal behavior into a combined issue involving scanlines. I can say, my monitor is working well now that I now what to expect from a FALD VA panel. The scanlines however looks bad and this may very well be why Amazon.com is no longer selling it. Acer should step up and keep people informed good or bad. My monitor does not have this scan line issue.

I know this going to sound really stupid but can you do 2 things? Use the cable that came with the monitor, make sure and physically check this, make sure the power connector is properly inserted all the way into the monitor. Check the DP cable connection as well. If that doesn't work try and older DP cable. You can call my stupid later and I will take it. Sorry your monitor is screwed up SystemMech.

Cheers,
PACO572

Near as I can tell from reading, 2 issues seems to be at hand, one being the FALD flickering which I consider to be the nature of the beast. Failure from Acer to spell out the mis giving's so to speak has turned was appears to be normal behavior into a combined issue involving scanlines. I can say, my monitor is working well now that I now what to expect from a FALD VA panel. The scanlines however looks bad and this may very well be why Amazon.com is no longer selling it. Acer should step up and keep people informed good or bad. My monitor does not have this scan line issue.

I know this going to sound really stupid but can you do 2 things? Use the cable that came with the monitor, make sure and physically check this, make sure the power connector is properly inserted all the way into the monitor. Check the DP cable connection as well. If that doesn't work try and older DP cable. You can call my stupid later and I will take it. Sorry your monitor is screwed up SystemMech.

Cheers,
PACO572

There is no Fald Flickering, FALD controls how bright the backlighting is, it doesnt turn pixels on and OFF. THis isse persists even with FALD turned off.

I have posted multiple Videos on YT with Witcher 3 being a Flicker Fest, even steam Flickers.

Why do you think am not using the cable that shipped with the monitor ??? This issue is clearly not there on my LG GL27850. I am using the same cable I got with my Pg27UQ on the LG and the one that came with PG35VQ on itself.

The scanlines are there, you prolly cant see em..

Paco572

Thanks for the response. I'm somewhat confused however. When the backlighting is set to gamer, I do see flickering but your telling me the Fald doesn't flicker. This halo effect seen more clearly when the back lighting is set to desktop and appears not to flicker or is virtually eliminated. The hybrid and gamer settings show less halo effect but more flicker. If the Fald is not flickering then what is flickering? Just wondering.

Paco572

Thanks for the response. I'm somewhat confused however. When the backlighting is set to gamer, I do see flickering but your telling me the Fald doesn't flicker. This halo effect seen more clearly when the back lighting is set to desktop and appears not to flicker or is virtually eliminated. The hybrid and gamer settings show less halo effect but more flicker. If the Fald is not flickering then what is flickering? Just wondering.

Paco572
Most likely the pixels on my model turning off fald doesnt eliminate flickering. I used the PG27UQ for 1 year. This isnt normal.

You can see this person has FALD off and still gets crazy flickering

System Name 4K Master
Processor AMD 5950x
Motherboard MSI Creation x570
Cooling Black Ice Nemesis 360GTX+480GTS, Dual Pumps
Memory TridentZ DD4 64GB 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI RTX3090
Storage OS: Optane 900p 480Gb, Games: Samsung 860 EVO 4Tb x3 + 970 EVO Plus 2Tb x2
Display(s) LG OLED 55C9
Case Phantecs Enthoo 719
Audio Device(s) Hyperx Cloud Orbit S
Power Supply Corsair HX1200i + CableMod Full KIt
Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite v2
VR HMD HP G2 v2 + Quest 2
Software Windows 11Dev Preview
Can someone with ASUS and Someone with ACER monitor look at the power supply and see if it says 220v?
I think all monitors and TVs come with International power supply.

System Name 4K Master
Processor AMD 5950x
Storage OS: Optane 900p 480Gb, Games: Samsung 860 EVO 4Tb x3 + 970 EVO Plus 2Tb x2
Display(s) LG OLED 55C9
Case Phantecs Enthoo 719
Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
Oh i meant to say the ones sold in USA

System Name 4K Master
Processor AMD 5950x
Display(s) LG OLED 55C9
Case Phantecs Enthoo 719
Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
Is there a list of games to test for the issues? Which are the worst?

Went to PAX today, found the ROG booth with Three PG35VQ Monitors, manually typed in this link https://pcmonitors.info/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/snowy-village.jpg

Scanlines ON

Then I moved the window with the image to the other monitors and

Flickering ON

IT JUST FLICKERS! lol.

I am dumbfounded to how none of the reviewers except PC monitors picked up this issue and no one is willing to talk about it in their "news articles/sections"

I guess its not at the "clickbait" level yet.

But Hey Techpower up, just copy paste news from other sites...np. I guess its too scary to go against Nvidia , Asus and Acer.

I am convinced all these tech reviewers dont care about people actually using the products, they just want clicks.

Currently somewhere around NSW, Australia
System Name hmmm... / lappy (ASUS Scar III)
Processor Intel Core i7-8086K / Intel Core i7-9750H
Motherboard ASUS Maximus XI Formula / ASUS G531GW
Cooling Noctua NH-D15s w/ 2 x Noctua NF-F12 PWM Chromax and 1 x Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM Chromax Fans / Stock
Memory 4x16gb G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3600mhz / 2x16gb Kingston Hyper X Impact DDR4 2666mhz C15
Video Card(s) 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3 / Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
Storage 2 x Samsung 960 EVO Plus 1tb NVME/ 1tb Intel SSDPEKNW010T8 NVME + 2tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34P / ASUS 15.6" Screen
Case Fractal Design Meshify S2 White-TG + Noctua Chromax Fans / ASUS Scar III Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Logitech Z623 / Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W + PROLINK PRO903WS / ASUS ADP-230GB B Power Brick
Mouse Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB / Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB / ASUS Scar III Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Professional x64 / Windows 10 Professional x64
hmmm... I was planning to get an X35 as a replacement for my defective X34P but thanks to you I'll be giving it a pass for now... :)

System Name 4K Master
Processor AMD 5950x
Display(s) LG OLED 55C9
Case Phantecs Enthoo 719
Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
Went to PAX today, found the ROG booth with Three PG35VQ Monitors, manually typed in this link https://pcmonitors.info/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/snowy-village.jpg

Scanlines ON

Then I moved the window with the image to the other monitors and

Flickering ON

IT JUST FLICKERS! lol.

I am dumbfounded to how none of the reviewers except PC monitors picked up this issue and no one is willing to talk about it in their "news articles/sections"

I guess its not at the "clickbait" level yet.

But Hey Techpower up, just copy paste news from other sites...np. I guess its too scary to go against Nvidia , Asus and Acer.

I am convinced all these tech reviewers dont care about people actually using the products, they just want clicks.

I have some "good" news, i found a guy on reddit that posted an image of his new PG35VQ, i gave him all the links to posts with issues and link to this snowy picture, he tested the picture and said he has no flickering.
He said he has no issue at all but he also said he uses AMD GPU, if thats true then the issues are coming from the driver side of things and can be easily fixed.

I need some help, I just installed the ASUS monitor, on the bottom of the stand there is plastic with asus logo that you plug, and in monitor setting it had Base RGB.
No matter what i do it doesnt turn on, what am i missing?
I have RGB on the back of the screen and on top top [the on on the top looks like some automatic one that turns on with movement?]
I also found a solution to the Showy Image, my monitor doesn't flicker when i open it, or open it full screen, but I have black windows theme, when I open the image on Full Window the windows part, like taskbar gets pixilated, very light and unnoticeable if i dont want to be anal, BUT i found two setting that have great effect on it.
When i changed Color temperature from Normal to Cold [my favorite] the pixilatation in Full Window mode dissparead, only when the image is full screen i get pixilation, not full window, changing the color temp helped.
I also found setting that completely disables the pixilataion, when i chnaged gamma to 1.8 and only 1.8 it disabled it but at least for me 1.8 gamma looks like Poo its unusable.

Im still waiting for someone to point me to games to test, i have 3 weeks to sen it back, if the bottom RGB is broken like it looks right now [or im doing something wrong? I connected the USB cable too]
ill send it back, because broken hardware is unfixable in software if RGB is broken, well its broken.
I installed gears 5, i have RE2, i dont have BF5, is tehre otehr games?

From what i understand it happened during very bright scenes.

Also when im in Windows and have FALD enabled, no matter at what setting i dont get any trails after mouse, I dont have 200HZ mode enabled, actually i only care about 120hz, i have 2080ti and i want to enjoy Ultra settings and RTX

I found strange issue, no matter what i do, i set windows to 120hz, disbaled VSYNC, Gears 5 runs at 60FPS

I have some "good" news, i found a guy on reddit that posted an image of his new PG35VQ, i gave him all the links to posts with issues and link to this snowy picture, he tested the picture and said he has no flickering.
He said he has no issue at all but he also said he uses AMD GPU, if thats true then the issues are coming from the driver side of things and can be easily fixed.

I need some help, I just installed the ASUS monitor, on the bottom of the stand there is plastic with asus logo that you plug, and in monitor setting it had Base RGB.
No matter what i do it doesnt turn on, what am i missing?
I have RGB on the back of the screen and on top top [the on on the top looks like some automatic one that turns on with movement?]
I also found a solution to the Showy Image, my monitor doesn't flicker when i open it, or open it full screen, but I have black windows theme, when I open the image on Full Window the windows part, like taskbar gets pixilated, very light and unnoticeable if i dont want to be anal, BUT i found two setting that have great effect on it.
When i changed Color temperature from Normal to Cold [my favorite] the pixilatation in Full Window mode dissparead, only when the image is full screen i get pixilation, not full window, changing the color temp helped.
I also found setting that completely disables the pixilataion, when i chnaged gamma to 1.8 and only 1.8 it disabled it but at least for me 1.8 gamma looks like Poo its unusable.

Im still waiting for someone to point me to games to test, i have 3 weeks to sen it back, if the bottom RGB is broken like it looks right now [or im doing something wrong? I connected the USB cable too]
ill send it back, because broken hardware is unfixable in software if RGB is broken, well its broken.
I installed gears 5, i have RE2, i dont have BF5, is tehre otehr games?

From what i understand it happened during very bright scenes.

Also when im in Windows and have FALD enabled, no matter at what setting i dont get any trails after mouse, I dont have 200HZ mode enabled, actually i only care about 120hz, i have 2080ti and i want to enjoy Ultra settings and RTX

I found strange issue, no matter what i do, i set windows to 120hz, disbaled VSYNC, Gears 5 runs at 60FPS

Its not "Pixelated" They are scanlines...so your monitor will 100% flicker when you move the image left to right slowly. The flickering will occur on the frozen water below the mountain but it kind of flickers the whole mid section of the screen.

Did you remove the black rubber cover that's on the LED ?

The reddit person prolly has not noticed flickering/scanlines or doesnt know how they look like. I have literally checked 4 PG35VQ's in total now.

I have seen multiple comment on my YouTube saying they dont see anything in the video's when there is obvious flickering.

I had no problem with FALD on mine or with Gears 5.

Paco572

I can't post over at the Acer forums on this subject, but I have been following it. As I can reproduce the FALD flicker, the scan lines were another matter. I was sure my monitor is fine yet, I WAS ABLE TO REPORDUCE THE SCAN LINES as mentioned above. Since my gaming selection is very limited, only a couple of HDR games, FH4, FarCry 5, I have BF5 installed but not played yet and the new Call of Duty when it comes out. I have some steam games too, I play STEEP and it runs fine, I see no scan lines in any of my games ….yet. So far I'm thrilled with my monitor.

X35 Owner
PACO572

System Name 4K Master
Processor AMD 5950x
Display(s) LG OLED 55C9
Case Phantecs Enthoo 719
Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
I can't post over at the Acer forums on this subject, but I have been following it. As I can reproduce the FALD flicker, the scan lines were another matter. I was sure my monitor is fine yet, I WAS ABLE TO REPORDUCE THE SCAN LINES as mentioned above. Since my gaming selection is very limited, only a couple of HDR games, FH4, FarCry 5, I have BF5 installed but not played yet and the new Call of Duty when it comes out. I have some steam games too, I play STEEP and it runs fine, I see no scan lines in any of my games ….yet. So far I'm thrilled with my monitor.

X35 Owner
PACO572

Mine is going back, so many bugs for the sum that i paid is unacceptable, also its extremely small, to the point of being unusable for me.
Edit, for 3-4USD you get buy a month of Microsoft Game Pass and youll be able to test Gears 5 and many otehr games

IF people are seriously want a solution and fix for this monitor WE ALL have to do something, everyone that purchased a monitor must leave 1-star review on ALL web sites, be it newegg, amazon.com, amazon.ca, amazon.fr, amazon.uk, every web site that sells them should be hit with 1-star reviews and detailed description of issues and bugs.
This is the ONLY way to get working solution: BAD PR
Alos these reviews need to be linked to all ASUS and ACER and NVIDIA PR twitter pages for everyone to see, PR nightmare is what makes Corps work FAST

Guys, I just created an account to talk about this problem.

I have a PG35VQ monitor as well as a PG27UQ. The PG35VQ is bought 3 months ago from the physical ROG store way ahead of the availability than any other online retailer.

First, the "flickering" you guys see is, in fact, ghosting/overshoot made by overdrive.
Check the link about ghosting: https://www.blurbusters.com/faq/lcd-overdrive-artifacts/

PG35VQ is certified as flicker-free by TÜV Rheinland, the monitor doesn't flicker by this standard. So you cannot persuade ASUS to address the flicker problem that is actually ghosting.

Why the flickering is more visible is due to the VA panel itself. To maintain a clear image, the overdrive is more intense and has a higher voltage.
This effect is worsened in HDR because of FALD's effect due to high brightness, overdrie will trigger the FALD and make it more visible.
I've talked about this on many occasions that VA panel is a poor choice for PG35VQ at such specs but AU Optronics couldn't produce any high refresh rate IPS panel at that time. So we get the PG35VQ. It will be PG35UQ IPS in 2 years.

All the games in monitor industries right now are bet on the panel availability.

Back to the ghosting/overshoot problem, the VA panel is more visible and you can not do anything about it.
RMA or return or receive a second-hand is all the same if you are over panic about this issue.

The only thing that can assure you guys is the E-sport 240Hz monitor have the same ghosting effect if the overdrive is set to extreme. It is less visible as both the resolution, DPI and brightness are lower than PG35VQ. Ghosting is sharper on PG35VQ. I game from 240Hz and still using it, this is a normal technology problem.

Yet this is the only kind of monitor with 1000nits, 200Hz on the planet and the ghosting issue doesn't hurt the gaming performance because you can see more clearly in motion.

Now I'm rocking 200+fps BF4 and BF5 on this monitor with a 21:9 ratio. No other monitors can reach this satisfaction except Zowie for absolute low lag experience.

Attachments

• HDR vs SDR_3.jpg
    HDR vs SDR_3.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
System Name 4K Master
Processor AMD 5950x
Display(s) LG OLED 55C9
Case Phantecs Enthoo 719
Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
First, the "flickering" you guys see is, in fact, ghosting/overshoot made by overdrive.
Check the link about ghosting: https://www.blurbusters.com/faq/lcd-overdrive-artifacts/

PG35VQ is certified as flicker-free by TÜV Rheinland, the monitor doesn't flicker by this standard. So you cannot persuade ASUS to address the flicker problem that is actually ghosting.

Why the flickering is more visible is due to the VA panel itself. To maintain a clear image, the overdrive is more intense and has a higher voltage.
This effect is worsened in HDR because of FALD's effect due to high brightness, overdrie will trigger the FALD and make it more visible.
I've talked about this on many occasions that VA panel is a poor choice for PG35VQ at such specs but AU Optronics couldn't produce any high refresh rate IPS panel at that time. So we get the PG35VQ. It will be PG35UQ IPS in 2 years.

How do you explain the fact that it flickers the same with OD and FALD disabled?
How do you explain the scan lines appearing when Bright images shows on screen?