• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

hotplate vega 56

System Name just ordinary potato system, but dont understimate potato..
Processor ryzen raven ridge 2200g, ryzen 2600 upgrade:)
Motherboard msi b350 pc mate, biostars a320, asrock ab350m micro
Cooling x2 cheap china handmade, i got plenty aigo/fantech rgb fans now heh
Memory klevv dual channel 8gb 3000mhz, trident 16gb 3600mhz, random ddr2 stick
Video Card(s) back to square, using vega 56 now:D
Storage wd green ssd 240gb, 3tb seagate expnasion, random laptop hdd x4, 1tb 3.5
Display(s) acer vgo 22inch fullhd 75hz
Case cheap segotep/dazumba mid atx, alcatroz mini atx
Audio Device(s) genius retro wood style, harman kardon stick iii
Power Supply be quite system power9, powerlogic standar, voltron 300fx, thermaltake smart 1200w
Mouse rexus, genius ps/2, powerlogic ps/2 ball tracking
Keyboard rexus, random china product x3
Software talking abt best software, autodesk/unity3d/notepad yes notepad!!
Benchmark Scores theres nothing to brag abt potato, but it can run decent 30fps fullhd with good setting:)
so i finnaly can taste this card model, quite rare to get this for good deal heh, after an hour test i think this card is hot somehow, the temperature looks normal to me, idle is 29c, ingame is 60-78c max, no manual fan setup, it runs max 40%+ fan speed, i curious this monitoring, so i touch the card itself, its pretty hot considering 70c usually not so hot on other gpu, is this somthing normal or aceptable? if its upnormal i will return it or resell, wont keep something explosive dangerous stuff, i want to know it thx adv:)
brand is powercolor blower type:toast:

Last edited:
Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
The temps you listed are normal...no idea about you touching it or whatever you are trying to say otherwise.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
After latest AMD drivers, the Vega 56 and the Vega 64 really got to start shining in performance. I had two Vega 64's in the past that I acquired for about $250 CAD each from a friend in the US but I unfortunately sold them cause at the time they were both power hungry and performed about as good as my GTX 1070. Now they do much better than it in most games. Power hungry, yes, they still are. But overall they are good cards.

Yes, the temps are rather normal, as those cards ran very hot.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
so i finnaly can taste this card model, quite rare to get this for good deal heh, after an hour test i think this card is hot somehow, the temperature looks normal to me, idle is 29c, ingame is 60-78c max, no manual fan setup, it runs max 40%+ fan speed, i curious this monitoring, so i touch the card itself, its pretty hot considering 70c usually not so hot on other gpu, is this somthing normal or aceptable? if its upnormal i will return it or resell, wont keep something explosive dangerous stuff, i want to know it thx adv:)
brand is powercolor blower type:toast:
View attachment 136011View attachment 136013
View attachment 136015
All seams normal, the back plate of the card does get hotter since the vrms heat it up too , I have considered removing it to reduce thermals before but nothing is getting too hot and it would not increase my absolute max clock anyway which is limited by the silicon quality not by the board or vrms, my cards waterblocked now.
I would say that obviously thermals limit the max clock a card will run at with a blower style cooler so that card will be limited by it's cooling system but the temperature your seeing is normal.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
You could always remove the blower and apply thermal paste compound like MX-4 to it (since its non conductive).

As well there are aftermarket coolers like the Alphacool Eiswolf 120 watercooling for AMD Vega cards but those can get pricey. I think about $120 depending where.

Storage wd green ssd 240gb, 3tb seagate expnasion, random laptop hdd x4, 1tb 3.5
Power Supply be quite system power9, powerlogic standar, voltron 300fx, thermaltake smart 1200w
Benchmark Scores theres nothing to brag abt potato, but it can run decent 30fps fullhd with good setting:)
All seams normal, the back plate of the card does get hotter since the vrms heat it up too , I have considered removing it to reduce thermals before but nothing is getting too hot and it would not increase my absolute max clock anyway which is limited by the silicon quality not by the board or vrms, my cards waterblocked now.
I would say that obviously thermals limit the max clock a card will run at with a blower style cooler so that card will be limited by it's cooling system but the temperature your seeing is normal.
yes it refuse to reach max clock, ive seen it only run on 13xxmhz clock speed, and yes its hot as hell:D

You could always remove the blower and apply thermal paste compound like MX-4 to it (since its non conductive).

As well there are aftermarket coolers like the Alphacool Eiswolf 120 watercooling for AMD Vega cards but those can get pricey. I think about $120 depending where.
hmm i never dare to open or mess with the machine, usually let the repairshop do the job:D
anyway the memory clock is 800mhz only, i see tpu database efective 1600, what does it meant? anyway i think this card probably what i looking for, its good perform almost double the 580, the gap is extra 1.3 speed of my rx580 i suppose, will be my daily used card now :)

Last edited:
System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
yes it refuse to reach max clock, ive seen it only run on 13xxmhz clock speed, and yes its hot as hell:D

Well, arent you in Indonesia? Isnt that country ridiculously hot and humid? That would mean that the temps within your room is probably high as well?

Anyway, the Vegas always ran hot. Getting an aftermarket cooler could help but there is a great limitation on them. The one I mentioned, the Eiswolf AIO GFX cooler for AMD is capable of reducing temps well but it isn't cheap either.

hmm i never dare to open or mess with the machine, usually let the repairshop do the job:D

Never be afraid. I do it all the time and I did it my first time by just watching videos and or forum threads about it. As long as you aren't handling the GPU like you may handling a Python (Snake) trying to eat you, then I think it will be fine.

Well, arent you in Indonesia? Isnt that country ridiculously hot and humid? That would mean that the temps within your room is probably high as well?

Anyway, the Vegas always ran hot. Getting an aftermarket cooler could help but there is a great limitation on them. The one I mentioned, the Eiswolf AIO GFX cooler for AMD is capable of reducing temps well but it isn't cheap either.

Never be afraid. I do it all the time and I did it my first time by just watching videos and or forum threads about it. As long as you aren't handling the GPU like you may handling a Python (Snake) trying to eat you, then I think it will be fine.
yes its consider tropical, also i forgot to mentioned my pc rig is prety much a mess, i only install x2 fan, altho it suported x7 fans:D, anyway thx for encourage, i might try & do repaste thermal myself later:)

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
one of the more common suggestions for high temps is to take off the side panel and point a table fan at the card.

Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro

anyway the memory clock is 800mhz only, i see tpu database efective 1600, what does it meant? anyway i think this card probably what i looking for, its good perform almost double the 580, the gap is extra 1.3 speed of my rx580 i suppose, will be my daily used card now :)
I would have a play with fan curves in wattman, get it to spin up higher ,quicker ,that should help but not as much as running wattmans auto undervolt feature , that should push your clocks up a bit.

Also and I apologize for sounding critical but you have spent a lot of time and money on different Gpu to up your game.
Spend some on your case and its cooling since a system is only as good as it's weekest part and you are making that weakest part the case which provides cooling for everything!?.

I would have a play with fan curves in wattman, get it to spin up higher ,quicker ,that should help but not as much as running wattmans auto undervolt feature , that should push your clocks up a bit.
problems the fan is too noisy, it bothering me starting on 60% speed, very loud:D, yes i think should setup a bit, i will try to search guide and setup it:)

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
problems the fan is too noisy, it bothering me starting on 60% speed, very loud:D, yes i think should setup a bit, i will try to search guide and setup it:)
cheap fans usually are louder, get better quality fans.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
yes its consider tropical, also i forgot to mentioned my pc rig is prety much a mess, i only install x2 fan, altho it suported x7 fans:D, anyway thx for encourage, i might try & do repaste thermal myself later:)

Watch this.

Just dont use metal like this guy did cause he is very careful. If you are new to it, just grab an old credit card or debit card and you can scrape off the old thermal gunk. As well, get some Isopropyl Alcohol to wipe off all remaining gunk on both GPU and the plate. Use non conductive thermal paste for sure but most are usually non conductive except for liquid metal. Just use MX-4. Cheap and effective.

As for fans, these are apparently pretty quiet and decent fans:

Dont know if the price is cheap for you or not in your country.

Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Undervolting is part of the overclocking section of AMD's driver , wattman is a tab of that.
See my update above on case fans bro , no offense but improve that too.

Watch this.

Just dont use metal like this guy did cause he is very careful. If you are new to it, just grab an old credit card or debit card and you can scrape off the old thermal gunk. As well, get some Isopropyl Alcohol to wipe off all remaining gunk on both GPU and the plate. Use non conductive thermal paste for sure but most are usually non conductive except for liquid metal. Just use MX-4. Cheap and effective.

uh i forgot i still own 1 blower type model, its gtx260, will try to applied on this old card, thx for the tips, will do it soon:D

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
And last but not least, as theoneandonly stated, undervolt the GPU.

Just skip to at least about 2mins in, as this guy isn't funny and rather annoying imo.

Undervolting is part of the overclocking section of AMD's driver , wattman is a tab of that.
See my update above on case fans bro , no offense but improve that too.
i just forget to pay for fans or maybe ingnore it somehow:D never knew it is cricital part of pc rig, becouse i usually dont have much time for gaming, only sat/sun offday, so i barely know my pc need more attention on airflow, i only play max 2hours, my pc rarely get hot :D, buy many gpu is part of my interesting, just call it a hobby:p, and yes fans is cheap hehe, will buy it soon thx for reminder:)

Watch this.

ive seen those fans here, pretty much popular brand here, also afforable indeed:)