• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ADATA Launches IM2P33E8 PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ADATA Technology, a leading manufacturer of high-performance DRAM modules, NAND Flash products, and mobile accessories is pleased to announce the launch of the ADATA IM2P33E8 PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 2280 SSD. Designed with 5G networking, cloud computing, AI, and IoT in mind, the SSD sports excellent performance, large storage capacities, wide-temperature resistance (-40°C-85°C), and security features. These capabilities combine to offer an ideal solution for applications such as data centers, surveillance, and transportation.

The IM2P33E8 PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 2280 SSD is NVMe 1.3-compliant and delivers read/write speeds of up to 3500/3200 GB per second, making it up to six times faster than standard SATA III SSDs. It is equipped with 3D NAND Flash memory and comes with storage capacities ranging from 256 GB to 2 TB. It is available in normal-temperature (0°C to 70°C) and wide-temperature (-40°C to 85°C) variants. For enhanced security, integrity, and durability the IM2P33E8 features E2E (End-to-End) Data Protection and RAID Engine. What's more, the IM2P33E8 utilizes AES and TCG Opal encryption to keep confidential data away from prying eyes.

With the purchase of the IM2P33E8, customers qualify to download ADATA's SSD Toolbox. SSD Toolbox allows users to monitor and manage the IM2P33E8, with drive status, wear level, and lifespan information. To safeguard quality, compatibility, and reliability, ADATA uses a rigorous SSD validation process that encompasses functionality testing and reliability validation to ensure its SSDs meet the exacting requirements of industrial applications.

Exact availability of the ADATA IM2P33E8 may vary by region.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
hummm... finally more drives catching up to long-established Sammy/WD speeds/perf levels.... hopefully the price is a bit better.....

I am only concerned with 3 factors when it comes to SSD:

#1 PRICE - 1TB should be $100 and 2TB should be $200 or less.

#2 Is its speed average or better than average? - cause I don't mind if it's average.

#3 Can I trust that it will work up to 5 years from now? When storage gets cheaper, I'll eventually upgrade both computers and storage so I don't risk an old drive failing.

The only M.2 I'm interested in right now is a 2TB for my laptop to accompany the storage already there.

Intel's 660p is 2TB and less than $200.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Intel's 660p is 2TB and less than $200.

Thats because it is a P.O.S....been there, won't do that, neva, eva again !

You can get far better drives for that price, like Sammy Evo or WD Black....

System Name masina
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASUS TUF B550M
Cooling Scythe Kabuto 3 + Arctic BioniX P120 fan
Memory 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3200 CL16 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Radeon Pro WX 2100 2GB
Storage 500GB Crucial MX500, 640GB WD Black
Display(s) AOC C24G1
Case SilentiumPC AT6V
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX 650W
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard Cooler Master MasterKeys L PBT
Software Win 10 Pro
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
hummm... finally more drives catching up to long-established Sammy/WD speeds/perf levels.... hopefully the price is a bit better.....

These are industrial application m.2 drives. They'll probably cost MORE than a equivalent consumer Samsung.

I am only concerned with 3 factors when it comes to SSD:
Your concerns does not include lifetime.
You are basically not interested in this kind of SSDs and have likely not daily high workloads on the SSDs.
If you check a datasheet and find min. guaranteed P/E Cycle >= 3K then it's basically an industrial Solution.
There are also low cost industrial Solution so you can be sure to get 1000 SSDs with identical specs and not 1000 possible different ones. ;)

For personal use there isn't really the need for high lifetime of the cells.
For most people the "per hour rate costs", to exchange or redo the work lost, for spare time aren't worth the expenses.
(Or people usual think so ;)

You could just use modern File systems and believe the marketing MTBF compared to your usage scenario and be happy with the low cost Solutions (like me) :)
Oh and with the current low cost Intel's you need to live with the problem when cache is used up the speed drops to somewhere HDD level.
Still haven't killed my first 20/40/60 GB Intel SSDs (using them as USB Sticks nowadays) and I did several months of read/write evaluation testing with each.

Some details:
That IM2P33E8 is somewhere mid between as they at least state P/E Cycles. "P/E Cycle up to 3K"
The Intel's low cost won't state them because they are likely only three digits like any other low cost SSD on current 4-bit technology.
You can get better ones from Intel too, just not anywhere near the prices you are wishing for.
4-bit solution on the market now were designed for low cost and aren't anywhere near "guaranteed P/E Cycle >= 3K",
3-bit has at least one Solution with "guaranteed P/E Cycle >= 3K" or selections to be up to 3K and hopefully some more on their way.
There are differences for 2-bit/3-bit like low P/E cycles are produced in smaller nm process and high P/E cycles in bigger nm process so costs are likely always >=x1.5