• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Endgame Gear XM1 White

pzogel

Reviewer
The Endgame Gear XM1 was one of the most acclaimed releases last year due to its PMW3389 sensor, lightweight shell, innovative low-latency switch technology, and Sensei-like ambidextrous shape. The XM1 White not only comes with a new coating and color scheme, but an improved cable, updated buttons, and enhanced mouse feet.

Show full review

Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Dual custom loops
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 3200C14 B-Die
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Reference
Storage ADATA SX8200 480GB, Inland Premium 2TB, various HDDs
Display(s) MSI MAG341CQ
Case Meshify 2 XL
Audio Device(s) Schiit Fulla 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Titanium SE 1000W
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Drop CTRL, lubed and filmed Halo Trues
So... where's the rest of the review? No tracking testing, click response, etc.?

This is not an ambidextrous mouse. It has a symmetric shape like an ambidextrous shape, but no thumb buttons for the left hand. The Sensei has buttons on both sides.

pzogel

Reviewer
So... where's the rest of the review? No tracking testing, click response, etc.?

See the last sentence on the first page (introduction):
Since sensor, software, and the internals haven't received any changes, I'll skip right over those parts. If you're interested in those, I'd advise you to read the corresponding sections of our review of the original XM1.
This is not an ambidextrous mouse. It has a symmetric shape like an ambidextrous shape, but no thumb buttons for the left hand. The Sensei has buttons on both sides.
If it were symmetrical, it would have side buttons on both sides. Ambidextrous shape means that it can be used by right and left-handed people alike, which is true of the XM1.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Dual custom loops
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 3200C14 B-Die
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Reference
Storage ADATA SX8200 480GB, Inland Premium 2TB, various HDDs
Display(s) MSI MAG341CQ
Case Meshify 2 XL
Audio Device(s) Schiit Fulla 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Titanium SE 1000W
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Drop CTRL, lubed and filmed Halo Trues
Apologies for missing that link. Do the original cons not apply to the new mouse? The first sentence of the review seems to contradict the conclusion of the original review as it pertains to the customization software and I didn't see any mention of replacement mouse feet.

pzogel

Reviewer
Apologies for missing that link. Do the original cons not apply to the new mouse? The first sentence of the review seems to contradict the conclusion of the original review as it pertains to the customization software and I didn't see any mention of replacement mouse feet.

They do apply, but the two reviews have different authors, who value things differently. I mention that the software is basic, but don't rate it as a con (there's also the possibility to change polling rate w/o the software, which makes the software less relevant). I only rate it as a con if a mouse lacks any means of customization whatsoever, be it directly on the mouse or through the software, of if the software has bugs or other issues that affect functionality. Replacement mouse feet being included is something I rate as a pro, but I don't dock any points if there aren't any included. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Space Lynx

Astronaut
its only 39.99 for black version on amazon. honestly not bad for a 3389 sensor.

sentientCode

I liked the non-RGB version of this exact mouse for 9 months until the connection went faulty. Customer support pressures their buyer into a DIY fix instead of first offering their service. Furthermore, despite sending personal information and my invoice on the initial emails, I was asked to relist everything over again and told I could not get service for the issue without first providing video proof that the connection is faulty.

It happens pretty often while using the mouse, but this is an unnecessary and undue burden on the customer when customer support has an entire FAQ section dedicated to the issue. Shouldn't I be able to just open an RMA without having to provide video evidence? Extremely concerning, especially because this is such a common problem with the product.