• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bitspower Premium Summit M CPU Block

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Bitspower introduces their new Premium lineup of products beginning with the all-new Premium Summit M CPU water block. Available in two finishes and a full copper construction for the top and cold plate, the block includes integrated digital RGB lighting compatible with most motherboards and aims to balance looks and performance alike!

Show full review

System Name Liquid 2022
Processor Intel i7-12700k
Motherboard Asus Strix Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4
Cooling Custom loop with 9x120mm radiator area
Memory Team 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4@4133 C18-18-18
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 2080ti on nickel Heatkiller IV block with Aluminum backplate
Storage 10TB SSD: Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (OS), Samsung 980 PRO 2TB, ADATA SX8200 PRO 2TB/500GB, 4TB/1TB MX500
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 1440p G-SYNC, Samsung Odyssey
Case Phanteks ENTHOO 719 (grey)
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5, Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Power Supply Cooler Master V1200, custom sleeved white cables
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux RGB
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (maybe 11 soon?)
Awesome review. I always enjoy your articles VSG. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: VSG
Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
When you say +100mv for the CPU, what is the actual voltage going through it? As you likely know, VID/stock voltage can vary wildly with each CPU so just stating what voltage was added really doesn't shed any insight as to the actual voltage you are running.

I like dragons. But this thing is ridiculous and so is MSI one.

Make a cool dragon logo.

System Name Indis the Fair (cursed edition)
Processor 11900k 5.1/4.9 undervolted.
Motherboard MSI Z590 Unify-X
Cooling Heatkiller VI Pro, VPP755 V.3, XSPC TX360 slim radiator, 3xA12x25, 4x Arctic P14 case fans
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 4000 16-19-19 (b-die@3600 14-14-14 1.45v)
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080 Super Hybrid (T30-120 fan)
Storage 970EVO 1TB, 660p 1TB, WD Blue 3D 1TB, Sandisk Ultra 3D 2TB
Display(s) BenQ XL2546K, Dell P2417H
Case FD Define 7
Audio Device(s) DT770 Pro, Topping A50, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Røde VXLR+, Modmic 5
Power Supply Seasonic 860w Platinum
Mouse Razer Viper Mini, Odin Infinity mousepad
Keyboard GMMK Fullsize v2 (Boba U4Ts)
Software Win10 x64/Win7 x64/Ubuntu
Good looking block, not really my preferred style though... Nice to see it up there in the performance charts though.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
When you say +100mv for the CPU, what is the actual voltage going through it? As you likely know, VID/stock voltage can vary wildly with each CPU so just stating what voltage was added really doesn't shed any insight as to the actual voltage you are running.

Oh weird, I thought for sure I had it in the graphs too but maybe I took it out because it was no longer fitting in the space available. Maybe I will just have the final volts in the graphs next time onwards instead of the increment, but yeah it was ~1.25 VID, ~1.28 Vcore. I did not really spend much time on OC efficiency here since the main point was to generate heat.

I like dragons. But this thing is ridiculous and so is MSI one.

Make a cool dragon logo.
Easier said than done for existing companies that have spent $$$ on brand awareness. Look at CORSAIR's own history with the logo.

Oh weird, I thought for sure I had it in the graphs too but maybe I took it out because it was no longer fitting in the space available. Maybe I will just have the final volts in the graphs next time onwards instead of the increment, but yeah it was ~1.25 VID, ~1.28 Vcore. I did not really spend much time on OC efficiency here since the main point was to generate heat.
Yep... either or... just so the reader knows what the voltage is.

Did you list the wattage you are putting through the cpu at these settings? Also good info if it wasnt up there. :)

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Yep... either or... just so the reader knows what the voltage is.

Did you list the wattage you are putting through the cpu at these settings? Also good info if it wasnt up there. :)

How much would you trust on-board sensor measurements for real time wattage though? I am not sure how useful this is, and have kept away from these reportings to date, but am welcome to feedback.

How much would you trust on-board sensor measurements for real time wattage though? I am not sure how useful this is, and have kept away from these reportings to date, but am welcome to feedback.
clamp meter on the eps 8-pin. :)

But hwmonitor does a solid job if you have a board that works well with it.

Edit: you can run both at the same time amd compare too.

Last edited:

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
clamp meter on the eps 8-pin. :)

But hwmonitor does a solid job if you have a board that works well with it.

Edit: you can run both at the same time amd compare too.

Not really possible to have a clamp meter in my hot box, but I can try HWMonitor and see how it goes.

Not really possible to have a clamp meter in my hot box, but I can try HWMonitor and see how it goes.
Ahh, hotbox... we just normalized temperatures. Much easier and more flexible. :)

Since you only test small loads and for 30 mins, your room temp likely wont change much from start to finish (I'm in a 12x12 and it doesnt budge unless I use a HCC chip). Just need to note starting and ending room temp and adjust as needed.

Anyway, just good to know these details (in particular how much wattage you are cooling).

Apologies if this is listed in the review and I missed it, but the cpu is at stock with a voltage boost, right? Is that for 5 ghz while at stock optimized defaults on the mobo is used (just trying to wrap my head around the methodology).

As a value add, it would be great to see an all core heavier load and see how these respond too. :)

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Ahh, hotbox... we just normalized temperatures. Much easier and more flexible. :)

Since you only test small loads and for 30 mins, your room temp likely wont change much from start to finish (I'm in a 12x12 and it doesnt budge unless I use a HCC chip). Just need to note starting and ending room temp and adjust as needed.

Anyway, just good to know these details (in particular how much wattage you are cooling).

Apologies if this is listed in the review and I missed it, but the cpu is at stock with a voltage boost, right? Is that for 5 ghz while at stock optimized defaults on the mobo is used (just trying to wrap my head around the methodology).

As a value add, it would be great to see an all core heavier load and see how these respond too. :)

Manual OC to 5 GHz all cores, and while it would be great to do a heavier load, it would not be worth it for the time imo. Sorry about that.

No no.. good! 5 ghz all c/t is all you can really do outside of a custom hotplate.

Thanks for the review!

System Name Built By Me
Processor Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.1 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
Cooling Custom Water Cooling - CPU Only
Memory 32GB (2 x 16) GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 - ASUS ROG Strix 16GB OC - P Mode
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW2723DF @ 280 Hz @ 1440P
Case Fractal Design Define S2
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso Pro
Power Supply 850W Seasonic Platinum
Mouse Razer Viper V2 Pro @ 2k Hz
Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Scope II 96 Wireless - ROG NX Snow Switches
Software Windows 11 Pro
I am a bit of a simpleton when it comes to building custom loops, so please bear with me.

If I am building a simple loop to cool just my CPU that consists of just a res/pump, waterblock, and the radiator, do I need to even care about the liquid flow restriction? As it seems to me, even placing almost the worst in the liquid flow restriction, this block still provided the best temperature for the CPU during operation.

do I need to even care about the liquid flow restriction?
Nope. Only in more complicated loops does this really make a difference. So long as the flow rate ends up at 1-1.5 GPM you really will not see a difference.

Thank you for the detailed review! We are waiting for a review of new products from EK and Optimus Waterblock.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Thank you for the detailed review! We are waiting for a review of new products from EK and Optimus Waterblock.

Like I said before, don't hold your breath for Optimus cooling since they haven't replied back to me. As for EK, the EK-Magnitude will release sometime next month I believe so I will aim for something soon on that.

It is suspicious that they did not answer you. They write - looking for independent reviewers)

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
It is suspicious that they did not answer you. They write - looking for independent reviewers)

Never mind, just heard back from them. So that might happen sooner than later after all!

System Name 3900x
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus X470 gaming 7 WiFi
Cooling Alphacool XT45 420mm Rad, 3 noctua 140 industrial 2000, EKWB EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 PWM
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair 3200 C16 Dominator Platinum OC to 3733 16-16-16-32-48
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus GeForce® RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung Evo 970 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD, Intel 660P 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD , Samsung 2TB 860 QVC
Display(s) AOC Q3279VWFD8
Case Thermaltake View 71
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster G6
Power Supply Seasonic Titanium 1000W with cable mods cables
Mouse Corsair Dark Core SE & Logitech G815 Keyboard
Keyboard Logitech G815
Software wIn 10 Pro possibly Manjaro at some point
Never mind, just heard back from them. So that might happen sooner than later after all!

Did you get one to review in the end please?
Asking as I am interested in this for the AMD side but finding very little information so far that is independent.