• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

Personalised EQ based on analysis of your hearing sensitivity, does anyone knows any app which support this feature other than DTS X:ULTRA which does not work for me.

You mentioned earlier that the effects work for you.

Why don't you use an generic eq application after the effects applied ?

DS1, PCEE4 fully support 5.1,7.1 They use what Dolby called the next generation surround decoder. Personally tested. Also does Stereo to 5.1,7.1.
PCEE3 does Dolby ProLogic 2x.
Your solution is no good for him, as he is using ARC. ARC output is the PC HDMI output.
HexedHavoc needs DDL over HDMI. He does not need onboard audio.
@HexedHavoc You need DDL for Youtube 5.1, as LPCM 6ch is not possible over SPDIF, which ARC is based upon.
Use my solution for 5.1 out.
OMER's solution requires you to use onboard realtek spdif.
If you have SPDIF on your board, then use OMER's method and hook your home theater to your motherboard SPDIF.

Sorry for quoting such an old post but can you clarify that doing this will enable Dolby Digital Live over HDMI from the NVIDIA card?

I also posted in the "[Petition] Add 5.1/7.1 Dolby Digital live + DTS connect ENCODERS to Nvidia HDMI sound drivers!" about how I ended up buying a Sound Blaster Z as I didn't have any SPDIF on my motherboard. I was relatively happy to sacrifice ARC at the time but I've just got a Fire Stick and kinda need ARC back on. Unfortunately, when ARC is enabled it overrides the SPDIF on the soundbar, which is where my Sound Blaster is connected to. I would need to disable HDMI-CEC (which disables ARC) whenever I want to use the PC and it's a real pain in the backside!

Cheers.

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Sorry for quoting such an old post but can you clarify that doing this will enable Dolby Digital Live over HDMI from the NVIDIA card?

I also posted in the "[Petition] Add 5.1/7.1 Dolby Digital live + DTS connect ENCODERS to Nvidia HDMI sound drivers!" about how I ended up buying a Sound Blaster Z as I didn't have any SPDIF on my motherboard. I was relatively happy to sacrifice ARC at the time but I've just got a Fire Stick and kinda need ARC back on. Unfortunately, when ARC is enabled it overrides the SPDIF on the soundbar, which is where my Sound Blaster is connected to. I would need to disable HDMI-CEC (which disables ARC) whenever I want to use the PC and it's a real pain in the backside!

Cheers.
Now using AMD HDMI, still works there.
Usually works on any endpoint that support Dolby Digital out.

Now using AMD HDMI, still works there.
Usually works on any endpoint that support Dolby Digital out.

So, it's working! But now I feel like an idiot although it's been a year since I last looked at this stuff.

I installed the modded NVIDIA driver. Then the APO driver, selecting DS1. Did the FX Configurator bit. Installed the Dolby Theatre. Tested a file ChID-BLITS-EBU-Narration.mp4 which contains 6 channel audio rather than AC3. Didn't work properly. Centre channel was fine but front left and back left played both, same with the right side.

After mucking about for a bit, I read a post further up and realised I hadn't set the default format as Dolby Digital in the Windows sound control panel. Tested again and it worked!

The reason I feel like an idiot is I'm sure that was probably the only step I was missing when I looked into this a year ago. Would've saved myself £50 on that Sound Blaster!

Anyway, thanks again!

EDIT - forgot to mention in my TV settings I had to change HDMI audio input to bitstream also, otherwise Dolby Digital wouldn't show up in the sound control panel.

Last edited:
i have
DAX3APP_1.1.8.23_x64
DAX3API_1.1.7.32_x86_x64
does anybody have latest DAX3 or development is stopped?

Not sure why it's not letting me edit my last post but I've got something to add as I ended up breaking this and it's taken me 2 hours to work out how to fix it. Think this is more to do with my TV than anything else, and I know from experience I'm not the only person with s Samsung TV and soundbar having issues with ARC.

So I got the idea that I could install the latest official drivers minus the HD audio driver and keep my surround. Unfortunately this didn't work, although after fixing it I'm wondering again...

Anyway, I did a system restore but it still wasn't working. I cleaned all the drivers and went through the process again. Still not working. The front and centre channels were fine but the rear played everything.

In my TV settings there are actual two settings for audio. These need to be set to bitstream for HDMI audio in, and Dolby Digital for audio out. The first one can be changed no problem but the bottom one is greyed out. The trick to being able to set it was I played the test video from my other post, changed the source on the TV than changed it back. This finally let me pick Dolby Digital for audio out. I didn't have to do this when I got it working the first time, not sure why I had to do it now. Just relieved to get it working again.

u installed apo driver and activated ddl on ur hdmi endpoint, what I did is I put necessary files to activate ddl directly into nvidia hdaudio driver, my solution is something like permanent until u uninstall the driver @fatguy666

u installed apo driver and activated ddl on ur hdmi endpoint, what I did is I put necessary files to activate ddl directly into nvidia hdaudio driver, my solution is something like permanent until u uninstall the driver @fatguy666

How do I go about testing that? Drag and drop the files into the Nvidia folder or something? Also, do you still need Home Theatre installed?

I'm curious to know if that would fix the issue with Chrome. Unless there is audio coming from all channels at once, the only speakers that work as intended are front/centre/right. Rear comes out of the front. If all channels are playing then it's ok, although turning off Home Theatre kills the rear speakers. Kinda frustrating although I rarely watch stuff in Chrome that's more than 2.0

xwize

Maybe someone can help me out here, this is my first time posting here.

I'm using the APO drivers to enable DTS and DDL over SPDIF, I use the Realtek HDA config in the Fx Configurator.

Doing this gives me access to enhancements such as EQ in the Windows control panel.

What I would like is to use Equalizer APO + DTS encode because that will allow me to EQ each channel of my setup separately.

But whenever I install Equalizer APO with DTS, there is a conflict. Does anyone know how to create a config to get both working?

Maybe someone can help me out here, this is my first time posting here.

I'm using the APO drivers to enable DTS and DDL over SPDIF, I use the Realtek HDA config in the Fx Configurator.

Doing this gives me access to enhancements such as EQ in the Windows control panel.

What I would like is to use Equalizer APO + DTS encode because that will allow me to EQ each channel of my setup separately.

But whenever I install Equalizer APO with DTS, there is a conflict. Does anyone know how to create a config to get both working?

Install Viper4Windows and in settings you can turn on multiple APO!

Pola_92

Ok, u want DDL encoder through ur gpu hdmi port, right ? I made something like this few months ago nvidia hdaudio with pcee4, @ me if u struggle to install this. @fatguy666
Hello, thanks for making this driver. So if I understand correctly, i wouldn't need to install APO Driver to get 5.1 sorround sound through HDMI ARC?
I have a MSI Laptop with a 1660ti connected to a TV via HDMI and the TV is conected to a Soundbar via ARC. It is a Vizio soundbar and has 5.1 speakers.
Thanks for your help I've read a lot about this but still pretty confused.

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for making this driver. So if I understand correctly, i wouldn't need to install APO Driver to get 5.1 sorround sound through HDMI ARC?
I have a MSI Laptop with a 1660ti connected to a TV via HDMI and the TV is conected to a Soundbar via ARC. It is a Vizio soundbar and has 5.1 speakers.

yes, u don't need apo driver...it should work in ur config..most of the tvs have Dolby™ Digital support, so it should work with the hdmi/arc bypass.

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
If your laptop has Optimus, the provided driver may not apply. Check whether sound control panel has Intel HDMI or Nvidia HDMI. The driver is only for Nvidia HDMI.

System Name MSI-MEG
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism + Thermal Grizzly
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) MSI Suprim X RTX 3080
Storage 500 GB MSI Spatium nvme + 500 GB WD nvme + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 2 TB Seagate HDD
Display(s) 27" LG 144HZ 2K ULTRAGEAR
Case MSI MPG Velox Airflow 100P
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing
Power Supply Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
Software Windows10 LTSC 64 bit
Now I will show you how you anyone can do modded Realtek drivers. First go to device manager and right click the sound card and select the hardware identity, and copy the line (Picture1)
Then go to realtek setup, extract it with Winrar, and look for the Win64 folder, you can see a lot of *.inf files, (picture2) these are all the configuration files for different models of laptops. Each inf files has its own properties (like Dolby, SRS etc.) pick the right one and find this line:

[Manufacturer]
%MfgName% = AzaliaManufacturerID, NTamd64.6.0

Then replace any line with your hardware identity which you already copied. Save the inf file and execute the "Setup.exe" and you're done.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    143.6 KB · Views: 332
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    168.8 KB · Views: 334

HenriqueBRAZIL

Lads, how to, proper, Uninstall and Update Re-Installing this thing. APO Driver.

I can't install APO Drive

1. I uninstalled the Old App
2. I installed the New App
3. Got a Error (another version of this product is already installed)

HELP PLEASE

System Name MSI-MEG
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism + Thermal Grizzly
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) MSI Suprim X RTX 3080
Storage 500 GB MSI Spatium nvme + 500 GB WD nvme + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 2 TB Seagate HDD
Display(s) 27" LG 144HZ 2K ULTRAGEAR
Case MSI MPG Velox Airflow 100P
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing
Power Supply Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
Software Windows10 LTSC 64 bit