• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Where's the Ryzen Effect? Intel posts Record Financials

System Name 2nd AMD puppy
Processor FX-8350 vishera
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX2
Memory 16 Gb DDR3:8GB Kingston HyperX Beast + 8Gb G.Skill Sniper(by courtesy of tabascosauz &TPU)
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+;1450/2000 Mhz
Storage SSD :840 pro 128 Gb;Iridium pro 240Gb ; HDD 2xWD-1Tb
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z 144 Hz freesync
Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE with Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Riotoro Enigma G2 850W
Mouse Razer copperhead / Gamdias zeus (by courtesy of sneekypeet & TPU)
Keyboard MS Sidewinder x4
Software win10 64bit ltsc
Benchmark Scores irrelevant for me
But now you're talking about real cost cutting, so I'm a bit lost. Of course companies are trying to control costs. That's how they can make a profit...

I thought your earlier post suggested they're reporting understated costs, i.e. they're artificially increasing their margins.
It's fairly easy to hide income (report lower net profit) and most companies do that, but it's very difficult to hide costs.

It's even harder for Intel, who does almost everything in-house.
maybe my 1st post was a little bit unclear; i have only one problem with this posted news; they announce high profits but no detailed operations results which shall include costs also; i think we had to wait the detailed one to go further on this...

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
I swear the title of this topic "Where's the Ryzen Effect? Intel posts Record Financials " wasn't called this yesterday when it was posted - it was something more in lines about Intel releases financial year end or forth quarter earnings or some such.

What's with the click bait title you put up there? Seems kind of a juvenile move.

I hate click bait shit and I don't wish to see it here posted as a News story. I visit other sites less and less as the days/weeks/years go by because every Tom, Dick and Jane is putting click bait crap on their sites to get people to click. I don't have time to sift through the bullshit they post to see what kind of merit, if any, their story actually holds.

If you're trying to prove a point, do it in the story, not a click bait title. Provide facts, links, sources and useful information. Right now, your story has nothing in it about Ryzen, AMD or any impact that other competitors of Intel has impacted their earnings. It's just a poor, petty shot at AMD to encourage clicks to the story.

D

Deleted member 158293

There would need to be 10 AMD Corps., not just 1 to begin hurting Intel where it would really notice...

AMD needs to keep giving away their top tier server CPUs which are head & shoulders above Intel for many years to come to develope their working ecosystem and for the corporate upgrade cycle to kick in.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
There would need to be 10 AMD Corps., not just 1 to begin hurting Intel where it would really notice...

AMD needs to keep giving away their top tier server CPUs which are head & shoulders above Intel for many years to come to develope their working ecosystem and for the corporate upgrade cycle to kick in.

Selling their chips too cheaply is what almost bankrupted AMD a few years ago with record yearly losses in the hundreds of millions of dollars. It didn't increase their market share in CPUs iirc and it had the opposite effect in their GPU market share. Their discrete GPU market share fell all the way down to 18% at one point. imo this was due to some potential customers looking at the high costs of a GPU and being concerned that if AMD did go out of business then they might not get proper future drivers support.

AMD is doing better now by selling a mostly competitive CPU for a fair price and making profits again instead of losses.

The main problem AMD faces is getting more market share from the big PC manufacturers and I have no idea how they can do this but reducing prices too much and going back to taking huge losses didn't work before and I see no reason why it would work now.

Processor AMD Threadripper 3690x
Motherboard MSI TRX40 Pro 10G
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32GB (2x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Turbo OC
Storage 2x 1TB Intel 970 Pro NVM
Display(s) Dell U2415m x2
Case Fractal Define XL R2
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Hyper X G6
Power Supply 800 Watt Fractal Design Newton R3
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX-3.0 - Black Keys
Software Win 10 Edu
1.3B less income where?

Source?
From what I've found, they're actually up from 2018 (+2%).
Not that it matters. 2% workforce fluctuation is nothing special.

Source was metioned in an earlier post: Link to source

Screenshots from said source:
1579874625863.png

1579874667639.png

and I actually misread the numbers of employee's - they have increased, which is nice.

D

Deleted member 158293

Selling their chips too cheaply is what almost bankrupted AMD a few years ago with record yearly losses in the hundreds of millions of dollars. It didn't increase their market share in CPUs iirc and it had the opposite effect in their GPU market share. Their discrete market share fell all the way down to 18% at one point. imo this was due to some potential customers looking at the high costs of a GPU and being concerned that if AMD did go out of business then they might not get proper future drivers support.

AMD is doing better now by selling a mostly competitive CPU for a fair price and making profits again instead of losses.

The main problem AMD faces is getting more market share from the big PC manufacturers and I have no idea how they can do this but reducing prices and going back to taking huge losses didn't work before and I see no reason why it would work now.

It's not selling server chips at a loss, but with enough incentive for admins to justify the perceived risk they are taking in changing their infrastructure from Intel to AMD in chasing a higher ROI & lower TCO.

The corporate world looks for stability first, and a long time between upgrade cycles. What I'm saying is AMD needs to keep up this pace and staying ahead of Intel for many years to come while keeping prices que low to start being considered in upgrade cycles and for OEMs to dedicate enough resources to build options.

On the desktop, the market has much faster upgrade cycles and malleable PR as we can experience.

Processor i7 7700k
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
It's not selling server chips at a loss, but with enough incentive for admins to justify the perceived risk they are taking in changing their infrastructure from Intel to AMD in chasing a higher ROI & lower TCO.

The corporate world looks for stability first, and a long time between upgrade cycles. What I'm saying is AMD needs to keep up this pace and staying ahead of Intel for many years to come while keeping prices que low to start being considered in upgrade cycles and for OEMs to dedicate enough resources to build options.

On the desktop, the market has much faster upgrade cycles and malleable PR as we can experience.

I guess I just have a lesser opinion of the average customer than you. The vast majority are hardware tech illiterate imo and they look at the huge offering of desktops, laptops and servers with Intel CPUs and the small offering with AMD CPUs from the big manufacturers and they consider the last couple of PCs they had with "Intel Inside" that were good PCs and they go ahead and buy Intel again.

It's human nature to buy what has worked well in the past and what they see the vast majority of other people are buying as well.

I don't work in IT and I don't know what pull they have over the CFO where I work but I doubt the CFO knows much about PC hardware. He just looks at the deals we have made with Dell buying hundreds of PCs at a time and using Intel CPUs for the last 15 years and approves the purchase based on that.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce ÎĽDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
People who are thinking that Intel is being hurt much by Ryzen should take a look at how most PCs are sold. Take a look around Dell's online store and you will see that by far the majority of desktops and laptops for work or for home use have Intel CPUs. A few have the AMD alternative though.

Their servers you can choose between Intel or Intel.

I have seen estimates that AMD has doubled their market share in the server market but their market share is still extremely low.

Will AMD or Intel Gain Mobile and Server Market Share?

Basically, until the big PC manufacturers start pushing more AMD CPUs in their business and home PCs and servers then AMD will only make modest gains in market share and Intel will remain the colossus in the CPU market.
You're not wrong whatsoever. The problem (well, for Intel at least) is that these numbers only encompass about one quarter of Ryzen 3000 being widely available. Ryzen 3000 has seen a wider uptake among OEMs than previous generations, though especially for business PCs it's still a trickle. On the other hand AMD are announcing 2x the design wins for Ryzen Mobile 4000 compared to the previous generation (which again marked a similar increase from 1st gen) and a lot of those SKUs are significantly higher end than what they've gotten previously. EPYC is also seeing record sales numbers and many multiples the number of available servers compared to previous generations - but as you say, this is still in the mid single digits in terms of market share, and while they might double that in a year, any more is unlikely.

The point here is that businesses are conservative - they want to stick with what is proven to work. Intel of late is not really working - the part shortages being the major thing in the OEM space, leading to direct financial losses - and AMD has through three generations of Ryzen shown that they are once again a contender in most market segments while having no supply issues. So while there have been few Ryzen SKUs in any kind of prebuilt segment up until now, the numbers are increasing rapidly. Chances are that the "Ryzen effect" (to adopt a very silly term) will start being truly visible next year. It still won't amount to any more than slight drops in various segments for Intel, but it will be there.

Processor i7 7700k
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
You're not wrong whatsoever. The problem (well, for Intel at least) is that these numbers only encompass about one quarter of Ryzen 3000 being widely available. Ryzen 3000 has seen a wider uptake among OEMs than previous generations, though especially for business PCs it's still a trickle. On the other hand AMD are announcing 2x the design wins for Ryzen Mobile 4000 compared to the previous generation (which again marked a similar increase from 1st gen) and a lot of those SKUs are significantly higher end than what they've gotten previously. EPYC is also seeing record sales numbers and many multiples the number of available servers compared to previous generations - but as you say, this is still in the mid single digits in terms of market share, and while they might double that in a year, any more is unlikely.

The point here is that businesses are conservative - they want to stick with what is proven to work. Intel of late is not really working - the part shortages being the major thing in the OEM space, leading to direct financial losses - and AMD has through three generations of Ryzen shown that they are once again a contender in most market segments while having no supply issues. So while there have been few Ryzen SKUs in any kind of prebuilt segment up until now, the numbers are increasing rapidly. Chances are that the "Ryzen effect" (to adopt a very silly term) will start being truly visible next year. It still won't amount to any more than slight drops in various segments for Intel, but it will be there.

While I am hoping for large gains in AMD's CPU market share I am still skeptical for now. I am definitely hoping for AMD to continue to gain market share though and tbh I doubt Intel would have pushed 6 core 12 thread CPUs down to mainstream pricing if not for Ryzen. I also think Intel got so complacent for so many years that they will have to make a real effort now due to having at least some competition.

This will be the year for us to see what Intel will bring to the GPU market. If they deliver a competitive stack at a reasonable price and proper driver support and there aren't major shortages causing retailers to price gouge then we may see Intel revenue and profit continue to climb.

Source was metioned in an earlier post: Link to source
OK, sorry.
You're looking at operating income. It's not the "income" a company actually earns. You should look at NET INCOME (or at least income before tax).
Operating income is lower because of higher cost of sales (manufacturing costs). This is fully mitigated by gains in equity investments.
These may be connected. I can tell you later when I check the full statement. :)
Thing is: top server chips don't matter as much as some think. AMD has a huge advantage in the 32+ core range. But it's actually quite even down the line.
Intel asks more, but gives more in return (in support, software, supply stability etc).
Once put in a large server, the price difference becomes less significant.

AMD will win customers that can benefit from high core density: supercomputers, some datacenters etc. It's already visible.
But if you're in a market for a typical 2 x 10-20 core rack, Intel remains the better (safer) choice.
I guess I just have a lesser opinion of the average customer than you. The vast majority are hardware tech illiterate imo and they look at the huge offering of desktops, laptops and servers with Intel CPUs and the small offering with AMD CPUs from the big manufacturers and they consider the last couple of PCs they had with "Intel Inside" that were good PCs and they go ahead and buy Intel again.
Just because you're fascinated with PC hardware doesn't mean everyone else has to be. You having "lesser opinion" of them doesn't matter. And is just sad, really.

Yes, most computers are bought by people who don't give a rats ass about things like IPC.
Currently AMD has small market share and they're fully focused on "enthusiasts" and "gamers". This may work for 20% market share in PCs.
If they want to grow further, they'll have to sell to other groups as well.

Processor i7 7700k
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
Just because you're fascinated with PC hardware doesn't mean everyone else has to be. You having "lesser opinion" of them doesn't matter. And is just sad, really.

Yes, most computers are bought by people who don't give a rats ass about things like IPC.
Currently AMD has small market share and they're fully focused on "enthusiasts" and "gamers". This may work for 20% market share in PCs.
If they want to grow further, they'll have to sell to other groups as well.

My post was to someone that believed that if AMD would continue their present upgrade path it would make a large difference in market share. By saying that I have a lesser opinion of the average customer's tech hardware knowledge affecting their buying decisions is not an insult to them it's just a fact just like my lack of car repair knowledge doesn't make me stupid it just makes me ignorant of car parts and repairs.

There's a big difference between ignorant and stupid.

And btw I don't find PC hardware fascinating. I'm not even a tech enthusiast. I just keep up with what I think is important for a gaming rig.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard ASROCK B550 Phantom Gaming ITX
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage 1TB WD_Black SN850 + 2TB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) LG 32UP83A
Case SSUPD Meshroom S
Audio Device(s) Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-1000
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legendary
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB PRO Cherry MX Blue
Software Windows 11 Pro
I swear the title of this topic "Where's the Ryzen Effect? Intel posts Record Financials " wasn't called this yesterday when it was posted - it was something more in lines about Intel releases financial year end or forth quarter earnings or some such.

"Intel Reports Q4 and Full Year 2019 Financial Results" is what it was titled yesterday. I also noticed the story was up for almost an hour with zero comments. Maybe that had something to due with the switch to the current title.

System Name Custom build, AMD/ATi powered.
Processor AMD FX™ 8350 [8x4.6 GHz]
Motherboard AsRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1
Memory Crucial, Ballistix Tactical, 16 GByte, 1866, CL9
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon HD 7850 Black Edition, 2 GByte GDDR5
Storage 250/500/1500/2000 GByte, SSD: 60 GByte
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 950p
Case CoolerMaster HAF 912 Pro
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Digital High Definition Surround
Power Supply be quiet! Straight Power E9 CM 580W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64, SP 1
All I can think of which explains the jump in revenue and profit, is, that they're able to auction off their CPUs in batches towards Cloud-providers & Datacentre-clients – as those are like pretty eager to get their share of CPUs-volumes (to compensate for all the impacts of those various security-flaws) and desperately enable Intel to sell their newly Limited Edition™ SKUs to the highest bidder (whoever can afford to pay enough to be supplied with those).

Everything else makes no sense, as they had to slash prices by half to counter AMD, sell actually less actual volume of SKUs due to supply-constrains while even expanding their fabs' production-volume (which doesn't come free of charge, right?) and at the same time spending +13B on buybacks again to stabilise their stock.

Its either this, or something else we don't know right now (and probably won't anytime soon) of how they print money by actually selling less for half the money.
It's like they invented some money printing machine elsewhere … Magic!

Smartcom

Everything else makes no sense, as they had to slash prices by half to counter AMD
Prices were halved in the HEDT segment which is (a rough guess) maybe 0.1% of their revenue.
Server chips didn't drop that much (they sell everything anyway).
Mobile SoCs probably haven't moved a bit (up, if anything).
sell actually less actual volume of SKUs due to supply-constrains
?
Supply-constrains mean they can't make enough CPUs. In other words: they sold at least as much as before - in wafers.

Volumes are down because they had to move to larger chips.
E.g. a 6-core Coffee-lake is roughly 20% larger than 4-core, i.e. you're making roughly 17% dies less (and you lose a bit more because of wafer shape and quality control).
at the same time spending +13B on buybacks again to stabilise their stock.
I'm not sure what you mean here...?

Last edited:
System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASROCKS B450 Steel Legend
Cooling AMD Stealth
Memory 2x8gb DDR4 3200 Corsair
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage WD Black 512gb, WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake Smart
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2012
Software Windows 10 Professional
Just fyi the average buyer shops on price, they say this is my budgetwhat do you have in that price range.

Server chips didn't drop that much (they sell everything anyway).
Mobile SoCs probably haven't moved a bit (up, if anything).
Nope Intel is giving deep discounts in the server space, heck they did just this recently!

EPYC Pressure: Intel Discontinues Some Cascade Lake Xeon Models, Slashes Pricing on Others
Supply-constrains mean they can't make enough CPUs. In other words: they sold at least as much as before - in wafers.
As compared to what exactly, don't think anyone has answered that from Intel? We know Intel artificially limited the supply in DIY market to boost their presence & commitments in the OEM, enterprise pace. They could just be doing some accounting BS to peddle this notion that their products are still in high demand & supply constrained.
Volumes are down because they had to move to larger chips.
Yes & yields, because they're also moving to 10nm. I bet no one had any idea how supply constraints could have anything to do with that :laugh:

Live & learn I guess :ohwell:

Last edited:
Nope Intel is giving deep discounts in the server space, heck they did just this recently!
Just some models that don't sell well. If they don't sell well, the (probable) loss is minimal.

Also, it did occur to me that something may not be as obvious as I though.
You do understand that companies offer discounts to sell more, right? :)
We know Intel artificially limited the supply in DIY market to boost their presence & commitments in the OEM, enterprise pace.
I seriously don't understand that sentence (the OEM idea).

Also, Intel isn't "artificially limiting supply". Intel is a private company. They can sell as much as they want. If they think that selling fewer items for more money will provide higher profit, that's what they will do (and what they should do). And, clearly, it worked.
They could just be doing some accounting BS to peddle this notion that their products are still in high demand & supply constrained.
And what would be the reason to do that? Assuming their CPUs haven't been in high demand (which we know from the results to be false), why would they want to convince us it's the opposite? What was there to gain? Last time I checked, CPUs weren't collector items.
Yes & yields, because they're also moving to 10nm.
Yes, and yields. This is likely one of the reasons for higher cost of sales (but not a dominant one).
But than again: I doubt they made that many 10nm CPUs in 2019. Mainstream Ice Lake laptops arrived in November.

Fantastic result! It's so good to stick to not developing newer and more modern CPUs just because I get the financial result LOL.

Also, it did occur to me that something may not be as obvious as I though.
You do understand that companies offer discounts to sell more, right? :)
The discounts are there across the entire stack, you just have to have a number from AMD & they'll do the rest. The news item I linked to just shows they they had to kill this artificial segmentation at the top.
I seriously don't understand that sentence (the OEM idea).
I've posted this multiple times, but here we go again ~ Intel cuts off DiY desktop processor supply chain
They have a presence in OEM & Enterprise space not only because of their superior support, which I admit AMD cannot match at this point, but also because of the rebates & $ they spend on marketing & promotions. Basically they've been paying for their sales, now more than ever.
And what would be the reason to do that?
How do you suppose we can explain the discrepancy in the demand in DIY market, which has plummeted whether you agree with it or not, & the total consumer segment sales? Yes, notebooks are a thing but over the last year or two I've seen more Atoms (Pentium Silver, Bronze?) as well as Pentiums & Celerons being sold than the previous years. Way more in fact, the number of devices I've seen spring up over here is substantial & did I mention they come with HDD :shadedshu:
IIRC their volumes are down across large segments & they're compensating for it by selling the i9 - which are still popular in the desktop space - besides the high(er) end i7 in the notebook market. I know I'm upgrading to an i7 or R7 next up & there are quite a few people I know who've taken to gaming laptops, in part because DIY parts aren't so cheap over here.
Yes, and yields. This is likely one of the reasons for higher cost of sales (but not a dominant one).
You misunderstand, I'm saying the (10nm) yields plus the move to larger dies, is creating an artificial scarcity of chips - which they're peddling as "greater" demand than ever before!

Last edited:
System Name Home Brewed
Processor i9-7900X and i7-8700K
Motherboard ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme & ASUS Prime Z-370 A
Cooling Corsair 280mm AIO & Thermaltake Water 3.0
Memory 64GB DDR4-3000 GSKill RipJaws-V & 32GB DDR4-3466 GEIL Potenza
Video Card(s) 2X-GTX-1080 SLI & 2 GTX-1070Ti 8GB G1 Gaming in SLI
Storage Both have 2TB HDDs for storage, 480GB SSDs for OS, and 240GB SSDs for Steam Games
Display(s) ACER 28" B286HK 4K & Samsung 32" 1080P
Case NZXT Source 540 & Rosewill Rise Chassis
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM1000 & Corsair RM850
Mouse Generic
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Tournament & Corsair K90
Software Win-10 Professional
Benchmark Scores yes
It doesn't matter to me what the numbers are. Intel is still the 800-pound gorilla in the room, and AMD is still the underdog.
Yes, AMD is cracking the whip on Intel, and I personally hope that it goes on for a good, long time.
But I can't see Intel rolling over and playing dead either. Look for plenty of innovation and competition in the future.

The discounts are there across the entire stack, you just have to have a number from AMD & they'll do the rest.
We really don't know how much Intel asks from OEMs.

We have the official results. Clearly: revenue is stable, ASP is at least stable if not up. There's really nothing to discuss here.
They have a presence in OEM & Enterprise space not only because of their superior support, which I admit AMD cannot match at this point, but also because of the rebates & $ they spend on marketing & promotions. Basically they've been paying for their sales, now more than ever.
Well yes, they prefer to sell to OEMs. What's wrong with that? It's a more stable and cheaper channel.
You seem to think DIY is some dream market that they should cherish and pat on the back. If it's not profitable, they'll give more of it to AMD. Simple as that.

Also, I still don't understand why Intel is bashed for rebates and AMD is praised for break even pricing (even cheered to try dumping just to get traction :))
How do you suppose we can explain the discrepancy in the demand in DIY market, which has plummeted whether you agree with it or not, & the total consumer segment sales? Yes, notebooks are a thing but over the last year or two I've seen more Atoms (Pentium Silver, Bronze?) as well as Pentiums & Celerons being sold than the previous years. Way more in fact, the number of devices I've seen spring up over here is substantial & did I mention they come with HDD :shadedshu:
Honestly, I think we're losing contact. I have no idea what you're talking about.
I don't know what you mean by "you've seen". For example: Atoms are almost extinct.

DIY community is a small part of Intel's customers. You can't extrapolate DIY trends to their whole business.
And I love the "notebooks are a thing" part. :)

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
This is an formal financial statement from a major listed company. It's audited by many authorities. Figures are solid and checked down to a single USD.

It's not a dent if they've managed to mitigate that with higher prices.
If anything, it's even better...

It was a very good year for Intel. End of story.
Numbers don't lie, but anti-Intel crowd will be nitpicking like they usually do. And of course they're allowed to do so. :)

And? Disney buys tickets to make their movies look good (multiple levels of fraud) and is rumored to be lying about profits for 6 yrs, now lol. Hollywood claims multihundred million dollar movies as financial failures (impossible with budgets a fraction of earnings).

You absolutely can manipulate earnings. A known criminal isn't trustworthy in any respect.

I don't know what you mean by "you've seen". For example: Atoms are almost extinct.
This is where I hate to break it to you, but you're totally wrong & yes Tremont, Gracemont, Gemini lake & even the more Anemic Apollo lake are all Atom cores & they're not extinct by a longshot. Did I mention the Atom zxxx chips that were being shoehorned into tablets 3 or 4 years back?
Screenshot (265).png

Source