• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Maps, science, data & statistics tracking of COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
Just because numbers for disease/virus X are higher than another, completely different, disease/virus A doesn't mean that A is less dangerous just because Y has "higher numbers". :rolleyes:

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
I will compare numbers to numbers as I see fit as long as they are accurate and apply within the context of comparison.

And for those who earlier stated a certain remark, yes, you are missing something. Just because a group of you are failing to understand something glaringly obvious doesn't make it my problem. Try not to break anything figuring out what you missed.

75,000 sick, 7,500 dead in Italy. Death ratio of 10% when the medical system in a country is overwhelmed.

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
I will compare numbers to numbers as I see fit as long as they are accurate and apply within the context of comparison.

And for those who earlier stated a certain remark, yes, you are missing something. Just because a group of you are failing to understand something glaringly obvious doesn't make it my problem. Try not to break anything figuring out what you missed.
Let me ask you this: excluding War periods, when was the last time you've known hospitals to be overwhelmed as they have been in China @ 1st, then in Italy and now in Spain?

@ the risk of sounding callous, the deaths don't matter: what matters is the number of those that require hospitalization and THAT number is MUCH HIGHER than the 1 - 2% of the death toll because THAT'S what overwhelms the hospitals.

Many governments around the world are desperately trying to avoid THAT and go as far as shutdown a HIGHLY SIGNIFICANT PART of their countries in the hopes it doesn't come to that.

Why? Because once hospitals are overwhelmed, other medical problems that CAN BE TREATED in normal situations MAY NOT BE: not only the number of deaths from COVID-19 skyrockets but other deaths totally non related also occur, inflating the total death toll even more.

Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
Let me ask you this: excluding War periods, when was the last time you've known hospitals to be overwhelmed as they have been in China @ 1st, then in Italy and now in Spain?

@ the risk of sounding callous, the deaths don't matter: what matters is the number of those that require hospitalization and THAT number is MUCH HIGHER than the 1 - 2% of the death toll because THAT'S what overwhelms the hospitals.

Many governments around the world are desperately trying to avoid THAT and go as far as shutdown a HIGHLY SIGNIFICANT PART of their countries in the hopes it doesn't come to that.

Why? Because once hospitals are overwhelmed, other medical problems that CAN BE TREATED in normal situations MAY NOT BE: not only the number of deaths from COVID-19 skyrockets but other deaths totally non related also occur, inflating the total death toll even more.

You bring up a VERY good point. Because COVID isn't the ONLY medical problem people face -- people still suffer heart attacks, sepsis, and other critical care health emergencies in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, critical medical emergencies that won't be able to be given the proper care/attention because the doctors, nurses and hospitals will be overwhelmed from the number of COVID-19 patients.

I lost my father to a combination of sepsis and undiagnosed colon cancer (none of us knew he had it until it was too late) in June of 2018. He was in the ICU for 3 weeks, in and out of surgery. And I gotta be honest, I'm beginning to tear up just thinking about if that situation were to happen right now during this pandemic -- would he even be able to get the proper medical attention he required, or would his life have to be sacrificed so that a COVID-19 patient could use his ICU bed and ventilator?

OK, that's all I'm going to say because I can't see the keyboard through my tears. :cry::cry::cry:

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Audio Device(s) Onboard
You bring up a VERY good point. Because COVID isn't the ONLY medical problem people face -- people still suffer heart attacks, sepsis, and other critical care health emergencies in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, critical medical emergencies that won't be able to be given the proper care/attention because the doctors, nurses and hospitals will be overwhelmed from the number of COVID-19 patients.

I lost my father to a combination of sepsis and undiagnosed colon cancer (none of us knew he had it until it was too late) in June of 2018. He was in the ICU for 3 weeks, in and out of surgery. And I gotta be honest, I'm beginning to tear up just thinking about if that situation were to happen right now during this pandemic -- would he even be able to get the proper medical attention he required, or would his life have to be sacrificed so that a COVID-19 patient could use his ICU bed and ventilator?

OK, that's all I'm going to say because I can't see the keyboard through my tears. :cry::cry::cry:
1st, my condolences.

If it were to happen today in any of the hard hit areas, it's quite possible it would, yes.

There's another aspect of hospital overwhelming that i was forgetting and this one is MUCH MORE SERIOUS: overwhelm hospitals long enough and you'll have a COLLAPSING health system because the health workers will become exhausted both physically as well as mentally.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
75,000 sick, 7,500 dead in Italy. Death ratio of 10% when the medical system in a country is overwhelmed.
Consider what the numbers would be if influenza had no Tamiflu or vaccination. Even with those things, the numbers every year are staggering (average of roughly 25 million Americans per year) and still dwarfs COVID-19. I'm with lexluthermiester, the patterns are similar just one is old and the other is new. Even the symptoms are similar but COVID-19 starts with shortness of breath quicker. Influenza can develop the same symptom via pneumonia. Influenza-A put me in the ER two weeks ago...guess what I have now.

As others have stated, the problem isn't COVID-19 itself. The problem is that people get sick anyway and this is *still* cold and flu season. It's a triple whammy.

The other problem which is unique to COVID-19 is that it ravages the lungs. Reduced lung function requires ventilators and there's a shortage of them. Just pushing the vast number of cases down the road to when ventilators are more readily available will save a lot of people (see below).

So...uh...what's this got to do with maps?

Segue! This was linked earlier in the thread and it bears repeating:
The goal right now is to be that model on the right.

Last edited:

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
I have a close friend with cancer at stage 4 that supposed to do a blood test every few weeks, MRI every few months, and going through chemotherapy, but now is afraid of going to the hospital and even a local clinic. COVID-19 is probably a certain death for her.

I'm sorry to hear about your father.

Most modern hospitals have a quarantine department. COVID patients are kept there - unless there is a need for an immediate surgery, or the place is heavily crowded.

Hospitals move patients to and from ICU all the time.

Cancer patients are treated in oncology department unless there they're in a critical condition.

It is unlikely for COVID-19 patient to take a bed from cancer patient; unless, the hospital is overwhelmed and chaotic.

Since there is a week delay until COVID-19 shows any symptoms, hospitals are great places to catch the virus… probably much higher chances to catch it there than any other place.

The main concern is with cancer treatments (both pills and chemotherapy) have a serious negative effect on the immunity system. Patients with compromised immunity system won't able to handle the virus.

Ventilators are shared all around the hospital that can be a problem.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
Here we go, more cases in Alaska.

More than a dozen new cases have been recorded in Alaska, officials said Wednesday evening, totaling at least 59 cases across the state.

Chief Medical Officer Dr. Anne Zink said Wednesday that the number of cases includes 11 new ones from Anchorage, as well as cases from Homer, North Pole, and other locations. Eight of the new cases are in men and nine are in women. Two cases - one from Tuesday and one from Wednesday - are in Anchorage in critical condition. A third hospitalization was also announced, though location and condition were unknown at the time of publication.

People need to listen to the guidelines such as social distancing, staying at home etc. otherwise this blows up much worse than people expected it too. it's a bleak future of what we have to deal with ahead of use. Don't want to sound all doom, and gloom but it's just getting started.

Last edited:
Low quality post by Gmr_Chick
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
^ Yeah, agree completely. And yet, somebody VERY orange and VERY stupid wants this country "business-as-usual" just in time for Easter...

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
Only if we have a therapeutic drug, or vaccine will it go back to business as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
So far with all those new rules on a daily basis its going to be martial law by easter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Its a curve guys and I'm glad to see a fact based approach (social distancing) being picked up at large for the US as well. They kinda have no option, even Trump can say whatever he likes but it won't change a thing. Politics is the last thing people want right now. The good thing about a curve is that you can influence it and that is all you can realistically do here. The best thing is to do so as early and isolate as complete as possible, keeping your social circle to an absolute minimum for a few months. It doesn't matter whether you're infected or not, just doing your part is enough to put the lid on this.

And after that... its a slow return to the norm. There is absolutely no way things are business as usual even this Fall. We might see a return of social distancing measures at that point with a little break in summer.

Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
^ My family likes to joke around and call me the "poster child for COVID-19 prevention" lol. I wash my hands constantly (20 seconds? Bah! Try a minute! :laugh:) with soap and warm water, use hand sanitizer religiously, I don't have any friends and thus no social life so I stay inside my house most of the time, so I got the "social distancing" thing covered -- and I was doing this well before COVID-19 became a thing, lol :roll:

System Name Blackbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF B550-Plus WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill FlareX 3200Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3060 Ti Gaming Z
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB + WD SN550 1TB + Samsung 860 QVO 1TB
Display(s) LG 27GP850-B
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W
Mouse Logitech G305
Keyboard MasterKeys Pro S White (MX Brown)
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores It plays games.
On a more positive note, it seems quarantine is finally having an effect on Italy's rate of new infections with 4 consecutive days below the peak of March 21st.

System Name Red Radiance l under construction
Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Memory TridentZ Neo rgb 3600mhz (2x8 kit)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 nitro+
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Audio Device(s) sennheiser's pc323d usb soundcard
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse roccat burst pro
Keyboard roccat ryos mk fx
Software windows 10
science

media

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Thread dusted down. Take the discussions about govt. and media to the lounge (where it still might get removed).

I checked the links above and they're not populist nonsense. Poynter, on face, appears reasonable. The discussions aren't entirely without merit.

However, keep the discussions related to the spread, the stats, and it's geographic relevance.

Edit: Spain and Italy Covid-19 deaths now above 11,000. Not an insignificant number. :(

Last edited:

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Portugal's numbers have been updated:

- 3544 confirmed infected
- 60 fatalities
- 43 recovered
- 2145 waiting for test results

There has been a reduction in the number of cases since yesterday but it's too early to tell if this is the effect of the country's measures or something else.

Edit: Spain and Italy Covid-19 deaths now above 11,000. Not an insignificant number. :(
These two countries account for OVER HALF of the total fatalities, thus far. If you add China's numbers, then it's roughly 2 / 3 of the entire death toll number.

Why am i bringing this up, you may ask? Because these 3 countries have a thing in common: they all had / have overwhelmed hospitals.

System Name Desktop
Processor Intel Xeon E5-1680v2
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth X79
Cooling Intel AIO
Memory 8x4GB DDR3 1866MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 970 SC
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB + 2x WD RE 4TB HDD
Display(s) HP ZR24w
Case Fractal Define XL Black
Audio Device(s) Schiit Modi Uber/Sony CDP-XA20ES/Pioneer CT-656>Sony TA-F630ESD>Sennheiser HD600
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Pro x64

I would just like to add something here. The medical system in Italy as a country was no overwhelmed, it was actually overwhelmed in few cities which got hit hard.
Now imagine if the system got hit nation-wide like most people think it did, the number of deaths would be staggering.

If I remember correctly on the day with highest number of deaths which was ~750, around 500 of those came from Bergamo alone.

And statistically every family in Bergamo lost a family member.

And doctors working in those hospitals said that they would not compare it to the flu, but should be compared to a sever case of pneumonia (now put yourself in a position where you get normal pneumonia but you don't have any antibiotics to cure it, would it be easy? I think not!).
Those people that compare it to the flu...it's your opinion, but don't try to force that opinion on others, that's a bit dangerous IMO.

System Name Desktop
Cooling Intel AIO
Display(s) HP ZR24w
Audio Device(s) Schiit Modi Uber/Sony CDP-XA20ES/Pioneer CT-656>Sony TA-F630ESD>Sennheiser HD600
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
Except that the numbers say otherwise. You are welcome to your opinion.

Of course they do, we don't have lockdowns for the flu so the only real comparison with the flu numbers would be to cancel all the lockdowns and see what happens.
The effects of flu compared to the coronavirus are different - you are much more likely to sustain permanent damage on your organs from coronavirus then you are from the flu.

Of course they do, we don't have lockdowns for the flu so the only real comparison with the flu numbers would be to cancel all the lockdowns and see what happens.
The effects of flu compared to the coronavirus are different - you are much more likely to sustain permanent damage on your organs from coronavirus then you are from the flu.
True and that will be an interesting result to see.

System Name Desktop
Cooling Intel AIO
Display(s) HP ZR24w
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
True and that will be an interesting result to see.
The result would be millions and millions of dead - that to me is not interesting.

This video is from one hospital in Italy....just for you, listen at 1:30

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
New daily numbers have been released for Louisiana: about 18,000 tests completed. 2,305 positive. That’s a growth of about 550 in a day. Our first 10 have recovered. 83 deaths.

Of the positive tests, 676 are hospitalized, with 239 of those on ventilator. About 1,550 of the positive cases are concentrated in the population center of the New Orleans metro area.

It’s nice to be finally reporting some recoveries here.

Last edited:
Low quality post by lexluthermiester
Low quality post by repman244
System Name Desktop
Cooling Intel AIO
Display(s) HP ZR24w
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
You're not a scientist. I am. I'm looking primarily at the science of all of this.

Italy has a population of approximately 60m, if everyone got infected and if we apply the ~9% death rate we saw on the previous page...well you can do the math, after all you're a scientist.

Status
Not open for further replies.