• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Idle BSODs on 3700x

System Name Lynni PS \ Lenowo TwinkPad T480
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700 Raphael \ i7-8550U Kaby Lake-R
Motherboard ASRock B650M PG Riptide Bios v. 2.02 AMD AGESA 1.1.0.0 \ Lenowo 20L60036MX Bios 1.47
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black (Only middle fan) \ Lenowo WN-2
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHZ CL36-36-36-96 AMD EXPO \ Willk Elektronik 2x16GB 2666MHZ CL17
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX™ 4070 Dual OC GPU: 2325-2355 MEM: 1462| Nvidia GeForce MX™ 150 2GB GDDR5 Micron
Storage Gigabyte M30 1TB|Sabrent Rocket 2TB| HDD: 10TB|1TB \ SKHynix 256GB 2242 3x2
Display(s) LG UltraGear 27GP850-B 1440p@165Hz | LG 48CX OLED 4K HDR | AUO 14" 1440p IPS
Case Asus Prime AP201 White Mesh | Lenowo T480 chassis
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 750W Goldie | 65W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeedy Wireless | Lenowo TouchPad & Logitech G305
Keyboard Akko 3108 DS Horizon V2 Cream Yellow | T480 UK Lumi
Software Win11 Pro 23H2 UK
Benchmark Scores 3DMARK: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/89434432? GPU-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/v3zbr
Update:
So, I'm on a new 3600x and I have yet to encounter any problems here. If there is anyone with a similar problem with a decently old gen3 ryzen you should really look into changing it as apparently earlier chips have this problem.

If you experience the same behavior test in another motherboard for starters because if it works in another board then it's your board that gives you problems.

Buildzoid in his videos about motherboard of X470 straight up says "DO NOT BUY THIS"

Argh forum doesn't like time stamp o_O skip forward to 11mins and 57sec

@puma99dk|
My problem had nothing to do with the motherboard though. Mobos don't randomly cut away a core from your cpu and I don't overclock at all and while I do trust Buildzoid's opinion he didn't really said much except "lol 4+2 phase" and I got it really cheap in the first place so I'm not really complaining here.

Raise VSOC LLC. Solved the exact same issue for me on 3 different boards. Highest or second highest is safe for VSOC. don't touch VCORE LLC. Also look for options as dummy load and current idle etc. and turn off power saving options in bios.

Raise VSOC LLC. Solved the exact same issue for me on 3 different boards. Highest or second highest is safe for VSOC. don't touch VCORE LLC. Also look for options as dummy load and current idle etc. and turn off power saving options in bios.
Well it's a little bit too late to try, but I have tried A LOT of different power settings in bios, VSOC manipulations included. Nothing really helped me with this.

Turned it to be the mobo for this guy.
I have seen this video before. It's not necessarily a mobo problem, though different mobo CAN help in this situation with different power settings. Still doesn't mean that it's a properly working cpu in the first place.

Mike006

Hello Guys
I changed my CPU Ryzen 5 3600.No problems anymore.
I lost many days to find this problem. Same configuration=I changed the CPU with another 3600=No problems, that's for sure.
Bad advertising for AMD.

Before always BSOD randomly ,but most on idle.What a stress......

Hello Guys
I changed my CPU Ryzen 5 3600.No problems anymore.
I lost many days to find this problem. Same configuration=I changed the CPU with another 3600=No problems, that's for sure.
Bad advertising for AMD.

Before always BSOD randomly ,but most on idle.What a stress......
Apparently it's pretty common for the very first ryzens

thuliomoura

Hi. My name is thulio and i have the same history....

2017 bought a ryzen 1600 with a A320hd2 and a random ddr4 module of 4 gb and paired it with a 1080TI FE Zotac.

came home to install windows and i was alread getting bsod on windows instalation.

changed the mobo and the memory stick. something was very wrong because yet the system speaker was working, it never did bip on boot.

months later, i was getting all kinds of BSOD ramdonly. Kernel security, irql more or less, apc... a hell and then sudently stopped. it did hapenned when playing games or just in idle. The funny part is that when i openned chrome, the "ah, snap" error ocurred. could not navigate on the internet. I got pissed on 2019 and changed all my setup: Mother board for a B450 gaming , puarchased a qvl mem 2666, bought a ryzen 3600 CPU, bought a smart 600W power supply and a new ssd.

Worked like a charm. months later, same thing. the system just got unstable and started bsod. used my old system just moving the VGA and the old system (ryzen 1600) was given me bsod's too. I thought it were the video Card. But when lower the number of cores on the setup on the bios, the system became stable.

This error is drives me nuts! i cant have a stable system and i dont know what the fuck i have to do or swtich. the funny part is, when the problem goes away it takes months to return. but when return is bsods after bsods.... tested video card with software, it is ok. i will try to swap the video card, but the problems is not the video card, since messing with the cpu core count the system get more stable. now i have just disabled smt and seems everything is fine until now.

someone found a solution for this?

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
The funny part is that when i openned chrome, the "ah, snap" error ocurred.

100% memory related. The exact same thing happens to me when I mess with the memory clocks and timings and it's unstable. The system crashes in all sort of weird ways including getting this exact "ah, snap error" in browsers. I suppose it could have something to do with CPU's IMC as well but it's definitely something in relation with memory.

thuliomoura

100% memory related. The exact same thing happens to me when I mess with the memory clocks and timings and it's unstable. The system crashes in all sort of weird ways including getting this exact "ah, snap error" in browsers. I suppose it could have something to do with CPU's IMC as well but it's definitely something in relation with memory.

i lowered the speeds to 2133, it did not solve the problem. i do not do overclock. Disabled all kinds off boost.

Funny part is, i disabled the Virtualization and it worked like a charm again.... i cant bealieve i got unlucky to pick two ryzen processors faulty...jesus