• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Announces the Blade Pro 17

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Razer, the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, today unveiled the all-new Razer Blade Pro 17, the laptop built for professional gamers, designers and game developers. The Blade Pro 17 is available now with a 4K 120Hz display for creators requiring a high-resolution workstation and a Full-HD 300Hz option for gamers needing to see every frame of every match.

Powering these displays are the latest processors from both Intel and NVIDIA, including the 8-core 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10875H and up to an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER. The all-new Razer Blade Pro 17 packs the power of a desktop into a compact.78" x 10.24" x 15.5" chassis that users can easily take from the main office to the home office.

"The Razer Blade Pro 17 is the perfect laptop for power users, pro gamers, and creatives alike," said Brad Wildes, Senior Vice President of Razer's Systems Business. "It's a workstation, stream setup, and battle rig all wrapped up in one sleek and sexy 17-inch bundle. The Blade Pro 17 can tackle the latest games and most intensive workloads as easily as it can fit into a backpack."

Retina-Shattering Displays
The new 300Hz refresh rate display is the ideal choice for every esports pro needing to practice while on the road and every enthusiast wanting to gain the competitive advantage. The increased refresh rate keeps visual sharp and clean in fast paced sequences making enemies easier to see and text easier to read. The 17.3-inch Full-HD display covers 100% of the SRGB space and comes custom-calibrated for color accuracy so games aren't just silky smooth but also eye-wateringly gorgeous. To ensure that the crisp visuals and vibrant colors are never compromised by irritating reflections, each display is coated with a glare-reducing matte finish.

For creators, the 4K 120Hz touch display, available only on the Blade Pro 17, is the perfect companion for working through an idea whenever and wherever inspiration strikes. The custom calibrated display covers 100% of the Adobe RGB space making it perfect for designers and photographers creating on the go. The ultra-high resolution paired with the fast refresh rate is an editor's dream, allowing them to quickly and smoothly scrub through a timeline or punch-in on a photo for pixel perfect edits.

Next Level Power
Powered by the new Intel 8-core i7-10875H processor, the Blade Pro 17 is faster and more efficient than ever before, capable of clock speeds up to 5.1GHZ with Intel Turbo Boost and a large 16 MB cache. The increased cache size plus the additional core count at a higher clock speed means faster compiling in productivity apps, lower render times in creative suites, and overall higher framerates in-game.

Working in tandem with the new Intel 8 core processor is the new line of RTX SUPER GPUs, up to an RTX 2080 SUPER. The new RTX SUPER GPU line features up to 8 GB of high-bandwidth GDDR6 memory and more ray tracing cores for up to a 25% increase in performance over the original RTX GPUs and improved real-time ray tracing performance.

To maximize the performance of these new processors, the Blade Pro 17 features a unique vapor chamber cooler for efficient heat dissipation, paired with a dual-fan system for additional active cooling. The inventive design allows power users to push the threshold of performance without the worry of generating uncomfortable levels of ambient heat or noise.

Desktop Experience, Mobile Package
The Blade Pro 17 offers the most abundant lineup of connectivity options available in the Razer Blade family, challenging even the most well-equipped desktops, with a UHS-III SD card reader, USB-C Thunderbolt 3 port, HDMI 2.0B port, 2.5Gb Ethernet port and Wi-Fi 6. Additionally, the USB-C ports now support charging with a 20V USB-C charger, for emergency situations. Lining the top of the display is an integrated HD webcam allowing streamers to mix up their environment with ease. The camera also features an IR sensor for quick and easy access via Windows Hello.

In addition to the variety of ports and HD webcam, the new Blade Pro 17 features a refreshed keyboard with an extended right shift key and half-height directional keys with per key Razer Chroma RGB backlighting. The new layout reflects a more traditional keyboard layout making for an overall faster and more efficient typing experience.

The Razer Blade Pro 17 is the pinnacle of performance in the Razer Blade family, packing the power and connections that were once exclusive to a desktop setup into a thin and light 17-inch chassis that can be taken anywhere.

The all-new Razer Blade Pro 17 will start at $2599.99 USD / 2899.99 € MSRP and will be available later this month at Razer.com and through select retailers in the United States and Canada. It will come soon to select retailers in Europe, China, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

I do think there should be a 15inch version of this laptop, and was hoping that they will release one, bit gutted only 17inch one.

Cheeseball

Not a Potato
Supporter
System Name 2023 AMD Work & Gaming Rig
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming WiFi
Cooling ID-COOLING SE-207-XT Slim Snow
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 2x16GB DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB GDDR6 (MBA)
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe
Display(s) AOpen Fire Legend 24" 390Hz (25XV2Q), Alienware 34" 165Hz (AW3423DWF), LG C2 42" 120Hz (OLED42C2PUA)
Case Cooler Master Q300L V2
Audio Device(s) Kanto Audio YU2 and SUB8 Desktop Speakers and Subwoofer, Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Corsair RM850x White (2021)
Mouse Logitech Pro Superlight (White), G303 Shroud Edition
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB TKL Champion Series / Wooting 60HE / NuPhy Air75
VR HMD Occulus Quest 2 128GB
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 22H2 Build 22621.1992
This new version can charge through USB-C if you have a PD 3.0-compliant USB-C power source (up to 20v/5a I believe).

I do think there should be a 15inch version of this laptop, and was hoping that they will release one, bit gutted only 17inch one.
There is. It was released some time ago. People like me asked for a 17" model and here we are! I like it!

Why does that keyboard look so small?
Because it lacks a ten-key section and is installed on a 17" chassis. If it were on a 15" or 14" it would look proportionally larger. It's an optical illusion, it's a standard size keyboard.

Last edited:
Processor 3700X
Motherboard X570 TUF Plus
Cooling U12
Memory 32GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX970
Storage 512GB 970 Pro
Case CM 500L vertical
There is. It was released some time ago. People like me asked for a 17" model and here we are! I like it!

Sort of. The base 15" is somewhat gimped in features (though it also runs dual M.2, now), missing SD card reader and USB-C charging. Battery is 65Whr. Advanced 15" model has 80Whr and SD card reader, but loses a M.2 slot and the ethernet jack.

Ideally, we'd get a mix of the two. 80Whr (or larger battery), 2.5GbE, SD card reader, USB-C charging, etc. Dual M.2 slots, I can take it or leave it.

Next gen, I will expect more Intel 14nm++++ CPUs running 120W+ Skylake, instead of vastly superior AMD Zen 2/Zen3 APUs. I get that AMD's choice of limited PCIe lanes hurts them a bit in this market (NVMe, GPU, TB3, and WiFi all take PCIe lanes, as can faster SD card readers), but the actual performance upside still overwhelms the platform limitation.

Sort of. The base 15" is somewhat gimped in features (though it also runs dual M.2, now), missing SD card reader and USB-C charging. Battery is 65Whr. Advanced 15" model has 80Whr and SD card reader, but loses a M.2 slot and the ethernet jack.
There's only so much you can pack into a 15" slim form-factor chassis. So yeah, you're going to get a little less in the features department.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
It's amazing how well Apple's 2011 macbook pro design has aged into the modern day. It even has all the ports a human would need to game/work on a computer. Wild.

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
This laptop only has max-q design graphics card.

Processor 3700X
Motherboard X570 TUF Plus
Cooling U12
Memory 32GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX970
Storage 512GB 970 Pro
Case CM 500L vertical
There's only so much you can pack into a 15" slim form-factor chassis. So yeah, you're going to get a little less in the features department.
The problem I have with Razer's approach, is they already have all of those features in two different slim 15" chassis. The slimmer, smaller one has more features, bigger battery, more powerful components, lacking only a second M.2 slot and ethernet port (vs the "base model").

I don't care about the second M.2 slot. But the base model has the ethernet port (and more reasonable specs - read: not a RTX 2070/2080 in a laptop...) is stuck with a smaller battery (in order to accommodate the second M.2 slot), and somehow lacks several of the features of its thinner, smaller, more powerful 15" sibling.

In the end, obviously it's part of a pricing strategy. However, it's also a clear feature segregation plan, that doesn't have any real middle ground. Lenovo still thinks their RJ45 dongle is an acceptable solution (not in my experience) and Dell is trying their best to copy all of the worst attributes of Apple (no ports) without any of the benefits (large battery, reasonable resolution screen with high gamut, etc).

Either way, I totally agree with you. I just feel Razer can do it all - they already have both chassis. They just choose not to.