• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bought from Goodoffer24 after TPU advertised. I got burnt after a drive failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i bought an Office 2019 Pro cd key from Goodoffer24, after it was advertised on TPU in 09/19.

I would recommend against buy from these sites, even from different key sale sites. I've learnt my lesson. Off to buy a O365 subscription.

Attachments

• Goodoffer - Hidden.png
    Goodoffer - Hidden.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 870
So i bought an Office 2019 Pro cd key from Goodoffer24, after it was advertised on TPU in 09/19.

I would recommend against buy from these sites, even from different key sale sites. I've learnt my lesson. Off to buy a O365 subscription.
This is not the sellers fault. GoodOffer24 is only a key seller, they do not provide product support.

Did you try calling Microsoft's activation phone number? If you didn't, you need to as that is who you will need to talk to to reactivate. If you explain the failed HDD and reinstall, they will manually give you an activation code.

Blaming the seller for something they have no control over is waste of time.

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Regardless of the validity of the keys, and/or the way you can make this right (I agree, call MS support and explain), that support monkey needs retraining or something. Jesus, what kind of response is that? "I have a problem.... [Proceeds to explain and discuss problem]"

"No Refund!"

I swear it's the soup nazi on the line.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

If its any value to you, I buy everything from keysites and had bad keys and issues two times, both were resolved admirably, both times just with a new, free key sent to me in couple of days at the most.

There are differences. I hate to say this, and while I support TPU... the keysellers they offer are utter shite. Sorry W1zz. The price is inflated. I can find Windows 10 Pro for 2-4 bucks per license... Not 12. And its not like you get great service for it, as you experienced.

But I'm not sure this is a case of bad key. It worked after all, so the key was not used. What I would expect from any half decent support guy is to note the fact a HDD was swapped and the license was re-used. You're now going down the wrong path with him, and with us in this approach. The error was after all on your end whether you could help it or not. And you did do a hardware swap now.

Upside, they're cheap, get another one and move on :)

Last edited:

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Regardless of the validity of the keys, and/or the way you can make this right (I agree, call MS support and explain), that support monkey needs retraining or something. Jesus, what kind of response is that? "I have a problem.... [Proceeds to explain and discuss problem]"

"No Refund!"

I swear it's the soup nazi on the line.

MS Support isn't going to do anything, the key wasn't obtained in a legit manner. The key's been blacklisted in their system for being resold when it wasn't supposed to be.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
I bought a W10pro/Office19 combo from them awhile back for a new rig. The office key worked on the 1st try, the W10 did not. I emailed them & they sent me a new key the next day, and it activated also on the 1st try, nottaproblemo.. :)

But as always, YMMV :D

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
This also makes a case of backing up a drive in case of failure with a backup image or even by cloning it to another drive and stashing it somewhere safe.
As long as you maintain a means of backup you should be OK.

This is not the sellers fault. GoodOffer24 is only a key seller, they do not provide product support.

Did you try calling Microsoft's activation phone number? If you didn't, you need to as that is who you will need to talk to to reactivate. If you explain the failed HDD and reinstall, they will manually give you an activation code.

Blaming the seller for something they have no control over is waste of time.

I did attempt it over the phone, three times. The response each time was "I'm sorry, i was unable to validate your installation ID." This would make you think the code i entered was wrong but i can see the numbers entered on my mobile and they all matched what is in the Activation wizard in windows. This is when i went back to goodoffer24, as two activation methods had failed.

This also makes a case of backing up a drive in case of failure with a backup image or even by cloning it to another drive and stashing it somewhere safe.
As long as you maintain a means of backup you should be OK.

You may be right, a backup might have prevented this, unless it ties the activation to a single hardware ID, then changing the drive would break the activation. I'm not a fan of backing up OS drives. I keep my data elsewhere and generally do a clean install of windows every 18-24 months. The only thing i have on the drive is Windows, with data and games store on separate drives in the computer.

My issue is they specifically state, 1 activation only. I didn't buy an OEM Windows 10 licence. Just trying to raise some awareness as i bought 3 of these licences. One for me, one for a friend and one for a family member. Had i known of these limitations, i'd have just gone with a O365 subscription for 12 months and it would have cost me less than 3 standalone 2019 Pro licences from goodoffer24. Maybe that price is just a reflection in Australia, but it's a bit shit.

Last edited:

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
I did the same with an office key, re-installed my system and the key won't re-activate.
Called M$, they told me it was a business license, so they couldn't activate it.
Told them I have a local business, which apparently threw them off.
Spent the next 30 minutes trying to give them the key over the phone plus my local company ID before I told them to get stuffed, since the staff on the phone spoke so bad English that I was losing it. o_O
So yeah, not a great experience, but not the fault of the key really, but you'd think M$ could bother hiring staff that knows all the letters of the alphabet plus zero to nine in English, but apparently not...

Last edited:

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
Try to nag Microsoft support. When something like that happened to me, the phone system worked.

System Name Colin #2 - the revenge!
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2
Cooling 4x Phanteks SK140 PWM & Arctic Freezer II 280 AIO
Memory TeamGroup Dark Pro 8 Pack 2 x16Gb dual rank B-die 3666MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4080 Suprim X
Storage 980 Pro 500Gb + WD SN770 2Tb
Display(s) Acer XB280HK 4K GSYNC (next thing I need to upgrade!!)
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1200/1220
Power Supply 750W Corsair RM750
I had the same problem just now trying to activate a W10 key I bought off there in October last year for my new build I've finally assembled today. Via online chat i was sent a new key. Resolved in about 5 mins!

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
MS Support isn't going to do anything, the key wasn't obtained in a legit manner. The key's been blacklisted in their system for being resold when it wasn't supposed to be.
Quite. This is why I never use these sites despite all the claims of apparently problem free purchases.

Mind you, the keys are only a few dollars/pounds, so one may not care about buying another and that's fair enough, but I want to know that what I buy is 100% legit and won't crap out on me when I least expect it.

I've got an Office 365 sub through work, so that won't die on me as I pay my discounted yearly tithe and my W10 installs are from W7 activations (TechNet sub, remember those?!) on the hardware I'm using now, so they won't die either. I know, an unactivated W10 just nags you and blocks a few features, but I don't want that either.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
When I purchased my 2016 MS Office, installed and activated it....the activation key was tied to my Microsoft account.

I've reinstalled windows 7 a couple of times and just recently Windows 10 a couple of times and I've been able to download my 2016 MS Office from my Windows account without any issue. I find the MS office program under the Services & Subscriptions area once I log into my MS accoint online (pic below is from my phone, layout will look different on a pc)

Screenshot_20210215-182702_Chrome.jpg

Did you link the program to your MS account?

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
He just wants to wine n Cheese it up! I got Windows Home Basic, Ive moved it several times and reinstalled it too. WAHH WAHH WAHHH

System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling Hyper 212
Memory 2x 16g ddr4 3200mz
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Storage 5.5 tb hd 220 g ssd
Display(s) Normal moniter
Case something cheap
VR HMD Vive
i
I did attempt it over the phone, three times. The response each time was "I'm sorry, i was unable to validate your installation ID." This would make you think the code i entered was wrong but i can see the numbers entered on my mobile and they all matched what is in the Activation wizard in windows. This is when i went back to goodoffer24, as two activation methods had failed.

You may be right, a backup might have prevented this, unless it ties the activation to a single hardware ID, then changing the drive would break the activation. I'm not a fan of backing up OS drives. I keep my data elsewhere and generally do a clean install of windows every 18-24 months. The only thing i have on the drive is Windows, with data and games store on separate drives in the computer.

My issue is they specifically state, 1 activation only. I didn't buy an OEM Windows 10 licence. Just trying to raise some awareness as i bought 3 of these licences. One for me, one for a friend and one for a family member. Had i known of these limitations, i'd have just gone with a O365 subscription for 12 months and it would have cost me less than 3 standalone 2019 Pro licences from goodoffer24. Maybe that price is just a reflection in Australia, but it's a bit shit.
Ive replaced a motherboard cpu ram gpu one at a time and its still activated

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
if the key requires phone activation then its NOT a legit key.
a legit key for the correct region will never Require phone activation the entire reason they suggest that is they know full well that the phone system will let you activate region specific or Not-for-retail sale keys _sometimes_ this is because the phone activation is more lenient it lacks the full set of checks that the setup.office.com scripts run (such as the key is valid for the region you are trying to activate it in is it a retail or OEM key)
hell I have seen people trying to sell KMS keys on there which are super illegal and superduper don't work without fiddling with kms emulators

to whom it may concern
you have been warned and warned and warned that promoting these sites is one day going to come back and bite somebody well here we are

I get my Office 2019 Professional Plus keys for like $5 each on Ebay. Who cares if they're legit or not when they stay activated and work just fine? If I wipe the drive and reinstall then it's no big loss. I actually prefer it this way because I don't have to link multiple Office products to my Microsoft account and have to deal with the mess every time I install a new operating system.

Meritless opinion. If the phone activation works then it was likely a hardware upgrade and the user wants to re-use their copy of Windows, which will fail online activation but is still perfectly legitimate.

System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Cooling Hyper 212
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Case something cheap
VR HMD Vive
Meritless opinion. If the phone activation works then it was likely a hardware upgrade and the user wants to re-use their copy of Windows, which will fail online activation but is still perfectly legitimate.
In my experience basically unless its a whole new set of hardware it will stay activated
if op is not lying then it was indeed just a drive replacement it will not deactivate

In my experience basically unless its a whole new set of hardware it will stay activated
if op is not lying then it was indeed just a drive replacement it will not deactivate
This isn't always true. I have seen instances of a single component replacement and reinstall triggering a manual activation requirement. It does happen.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
check the numbers provided for phone activation they only have NON-US numbers (excluding VLK)
wonder why that is ... maby because you are not suppose to use phone activation

it doesn't matter if the key works or not you are still violating the license I am all for piracy but paying to pirate software is over the line

Last edited:
System Name Harm's Rig's
Processor 5950X /2700x / AMD 8370e 4500
Motherboard ASUS DARK HERO / ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III ARGB 360 AIO/ Zalman cooler fan 110mm
Memory Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 16GB (4x 8GB) 4000M TRIDENT Z F-43600V15D-16GTZ /G.SKILL DDR4
Video Card(s) ZOTAC AMP EXTREME AIRO 4090 / 1080 Ti /290X CFX
Storage SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 1TB/ WD DARK 770 2TB , Sabrent NVMe 512GB / 1 SSD 250GB / 1 HHD 3 TB
Display(s) Thermal Grizzly WireView / TCL 646 55 TV / 50 Xfinity Hisense A6 XUMO TV
Case TT 37 VIEW 200MM'S/ NZXT Tempest custom
Audio Device(s) Sharp Aquos
Power Supply FSP Hydro PTM PRO 1200W ATX 3.0 PCI-E GEN-5 80 Plus Platinum - EVGA 1300G2/Corsair w750
Mouse G502
Keyboard G413
In a week , two new MB , 1st ASUS X570 ROG E ,then my current ASUS DARK HERO, all that was ask, hardware replacement, click yes, reactivated , both times in a week , plus a year ago , for my ASUS X470 Prime Pro, with a new CPU , 2 new drives , cloned .

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
a legit key for the correct region will never Require phone activation the entire reason they suggest that is they know full well that the phone system will let you activate region specific or Not-for-retail sale keys _sometimes_ this is because the phone activation is more lenient it lacks the full set of checks that the setup.office.com scripts run (such as the key is valid for the region you are trying to activate it in is it a retail or OEM key)
hell I have seen people trying to sell KMS keys on there which are super illegal and superduper don't work without fiddling with kms emulators

to whom it may concern
you have been warned and warned and warned that promoting these sites is one day going to come back and bite somebody well here we are
Ok, sorry, but this is BS. I have had retail copies that have require re-activation over phone in the past. So please, keep this FUD in your drawer and stop sharing it as fact.

System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Cooling Hyper 212
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Case something cheap
VR HMD Vive
This isn't always true. I have seen instances of a single component replacement and reinstall triggering a manual activation requirement. It does happen.
ive been using windows 10 for a long time
i have modfied over 30+windows installs hardware from 1 drive to whole system
and everytime if there was some part from the old system it was fine

Status
Not open for further replies.