• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

furquim

I'm having the same issue as @lightzout
After selecting Light or Dark installer theme I get the following error:
Anotação 2020-07-31 165203.png

And the setup windows gets completely black (or white if I select the Light installer theme) and won't disappear unless I kill the process on task manager.
Any suggestions?

I'm trying to install the latest version of the DCH drivers btw.

EDIT: Managed to install by using Codec Tweak Tool to fix some issues with my DirectShow.

Last edited:

Xeonic

Hello! Dolby Access OEM 3.2.21.0
What does this mean in a driver package?

furquim

I managed to install the latest version but I ran into some issues with Sonic Studio 3, uninstalled and installed again. Only this time none of the apps recognize my audio devices. I tried to reinstall it several times already, but it doesn't work. What should I do?

hawkeyecyber

Hello sir! On my old MB asrock z170 pro4, with realtek drivers in sound program there was a function called "enable bass management" i used it for my Razer Tiamat 7.1 v2 to hear rich bass. Now on my new MB ASUS B550 TUF GAMING PLUS sound card is Realtek ALC S1200A. And in sound program there is no this function. So my headphones sounds very bad. Can i fix this trouble with your soft? Thank you and sorry for my english!

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Hello sir! On my old MB asrock z170 pro4, with realtek drivers in sound program there was a function called "enable bass management" i used it for my Razer Tiamat 7.1 v2 to hear rich bass. Now on my new MB ASUS B550 TUF GAMING PLUS sound card is Realtek ALC S1200A. And in sound program there is no this function. So my headphones sounds very bad. Can i fix this trouble with your soft? Thank you and sorry for my english!
YES.

Redgard

Hello Alan,

Thanks you for your work!

I've got a weird problem with my old motherboard Asus B83 Pro Gamer. the subwoofer and the left side speaker are not working, while the right side speaker is playing the sound of the front right speaker :/ . Any idea how to fix this?

Windows version: Win 10 Pro 64bit ver 2004

1596243045352.png

Sincerely,
Red'

Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Hello Alan,

Thanks you for your work!

I've got a weird problem with my old motherboard Asus B83 Pro Gamer. the subwoofer and the left side speaker are not working, while the right side speaker is playing the sound of the front right speaker :/ . Any idea how to fix this?

Windows version: Win 10 Pro 64bit ver 2004

View attachment 164090

Sincerely,
Red'
TRY THE DCH-UAD VERSION

BiggityBates

Hi, I am brand new here and I am trying to find the guide that keeps being brought up.... "TROUBLESHOOT> (MANDATORY) FOLLOW THESE STEPS (ONLY IN DCH VERSION)"

It is supposed to be on the first post of this thread but the only spoilers I see are feature listings and images.... What am I missing? I have never messed with anything like this before so I am going to need that reference guide if anyone can link it since I can't find it.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• screencap.PNG
    screencap.PNG
    40.1 KB · Views: 213
Hello Alan, The problem is still the same as before. :(
Maybe I should wait for your improvement in the next release.
Thanks very much.

hi alan, after i check. the driver is not running because my bios is running in secureboot mode.
secureboot running the driver only has a WHOL digital sign, so when I turn off secureboot driver without WHOL it can run without problems

correct me if I'm wrong ..

Yes, with Secure Boot, you cannot load any kernel-mode drivers that are not signed by Microsoft's root authority.

However, there is an undocumented registry key that will allow loading kernel-mode drivers signed by any trusted authority, even with Secure Boot enabled.

Techincal information and source here.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CI\Policy]
"WhqlSettings"=dword:e0000001

NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION 6.0.8984.1
NEW IMPROVEMENTS

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!!

Hello ... Alan. First let me say, thanks very much for your hard work, for making your mods driver app finally work on my device. :clap:

But here also allow me to report some results after a few hours using this new mods driver.
1. The first time, when I finished installing the driver (after rebooting the device), I noticed that the dolby driver for headphones was first on the spatial sound list. (as shown in attachment number 2). then some time after that suddenly disappears from the spatial sound list (as shown in attachment number 3). Somehow?!

Updates:
I just finished observing the reinstallation process in the second scenario. And it turns out, dolby atmos for headphones now still exist in the spatial sound menu. (Attachment number 9) After I delete it manually, the remnants of the driver associated with AAF DCH Optimus Sound are inside: "% systemroot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository".

2. Then I noticed also on the Realtek Audio Device Tweak app, that RTKHADAUT.DAT is red. Is that normal? (as shown in attachment number 5)

3. So on I went on with a number of UWP apps such as (Dolby Atmos OEM, Sonic Studio 3 and Sound Blaster Connect) that didn't seem to work normally. (seen in attachment number 6,7,8). Only Realtek Audio Consule works (as shown in attachment number 4)

4. Finally, a third-party music player app (AIMP) Force closes after a few seconds of running. However, the default music app from Microsoft can run normally. There seems to be a conflict between the playback driver on the system and the music player app.

Hope there is a solution from you.
T.I.A.
Regards.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 200
  • 2.png
    2.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 3.png
    3.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 4.png
    4.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 260
  • 5.png
    5.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 247
  • 6.png
    6.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 7.png
    7.png
    903.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 8.png
    8.png
    59 KB · Views: 205
  • 9.png
    9.png
    61 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
System Name Diogo Silva
Processor Intel Core i5 9º Gen 9600KF Processor
Motherboard Asus TUF B360-Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3i
Memory 2x8 Kingston HyperX KHX2400C12D4
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX2060 Gaming 6G
Storage WD WDS500G2B0B Blue 3D SATA M.2 500GB + Toshiba HDD 2Tb
Display(s) Samsung Curved Monitor 27 Pol.
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W 80PLUS Gold
Mouse Asus ROG Pugio II Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Home Single Language (PT-PT) x64
PT:
Olá @Alan Finote, Muitos parabéns pelo Mod.
No meu PC com ALC887, estão funcionado todos os Programas muito bem, menos o Realtek Audio Console, diz que não foi possível conectar ao Servidor RPC.
O que devo de fazer?
Se não conseguir pôr a funcionar, tenho de voltar para o Tradicional HDA, mas já instalei UAD Drivers em que conseguia abrir o Programa da Realtek.
Devo agradece-lo por estar a funcionar o 7.1 e 5.1 Surround, porque já instalei Mods que não tinham.
Por favor ajuda-me, aguardo uma Resposta brevemente.
Obrigado.

EN:
Hi @Alan Finote, Congratulations for the Mod.
On my PC with ALC887, all programs work very well, except Realtek Audio Console, says "Can't connect to RPC service"
What should I do?
If can't fix the problem I will go back to Tradictional HDA
It's important tell the Surround Sound Worked very well.
Please help me, I'm waiting your answer.
Thanks
1596280954944.png

Last edited:

Polished_Stripes

Hey @Alan Finote I installed your latest UAD DHC mod but im missing dolby atmos and dolby access OEM, i installed it with the usual procedure by deleting the old mod with cc cleaner, Rarp and deleting the devices and installing the new version. What do i do now? unless you have a mega.nz file of both which would be helpful.
Edit: How do we use your included rtkhdaud.dat file by the way?

Last edited:
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
I am trying everything to correct the reported problems, including doing tests.

But, I apologize to everyone who is having problems with the drivers.

I am trying everything to correct the reported problems, including doing tests.

But, I apologize to everyone who is having problems with the drivers.
Don't worry about the problems faced by all users in this thread. I think the other users have the same thought, that all custom names have consequences that must be realistically accepted and dealt with. Gratitude can be in accordance with our desires. :):toast:

BTW, my Sound now feels tighter. Although there is nothing that can be adjusted. I just hope Dolby Atmos Access can run normally.

Don't worry about the problems faced by all users in this thread. I think the other users have the same thought, that all custom names have consequences that must be realistically accepted and dealt with. Gratitude can be in accordance with our desires. :):toast:

BTW, my Sound now feels tighter. Although there is nothing that can be adjusted. I just hope Dolby Atmos Access can run normally.

Dolby Atmos Access me to
:rockout:

BiggityBates

So after I perform the install, I am having the same symptoms as others. Drivers look good in Device Manager, UWP apps install but can't connect to the driver. This is my first time attempting this so I don't know a lot about it, but I know the previous version of this pack, there was a troubleshooting section on the first page with changes you needed to make in the realtek config tool if you were experiencing certain issues. The latest installer removed the need for that because it supposedly does it all for you. So with that being said, is it normal after the install to open the realtek config tool and see nothing at all checked, and also missing "RTKHDAUD.DAT"? It could be, I'm just wondering, trying to narrow down the problem. I've included a screenshot of my config tool after the install. Again, this could be perfectly normal, I just thought I'd ask. I know this is something that has changed recently without having to do anything in the "TROUBLESHOOT> (MANDATORY) FOLLOW THESE STEPS (ONLY IN DCH VERSION)". I never got to see what it contained, but from reading the thread it seemed like it contained some changes you could make in the config tool to solve certain issues. Maybe this part of the installer isn't working on certain computer configurations or something? I don't know, just trying to help. I have never installed an aftermarket driver before, so it might not be related to old stale files still being present after a deep clean unless its manufacturer files. I've never had any AAF drivers before this. I had the MSI Realtek and Nahamic 3 drivers from MSI before trying this driver pack. I did do a VERY thorough deep clean and disconnected from the internet before the install attempt. Not sure what's going on but if anyone needs any more information from me to help with the troubleshooting efforts, I will be available.

MSI MEG Z390 ACE - i9 9900k - Realtek ALC1220 using optical out - Windows 10 2004 latest updates.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    257.6 KB · Views: 239
Processor i7 8700k 4.8gh with 1.245
Motherboard asus tuf gaming z390 - apro
Cooling corsair h100i pro
Memory 24gb @ 3500mhz
Video Card(s) asus rtx 2060 super dual evo oc
Storage 1tb hdd with 360gb ssd
Display(s) lg 27gk750f-b
Case normal
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply cx650
Mouse razer 8khz
Keyboard mechanical
how to install viper for window with new aaf dch mod ...
please any one help